PDA

View Full Version : Question about PSO Ep I and II Storyline

Sharkyland
Feb 13, 2004, 08:08 AM
Can someone answer me this quickie question? I need to know so I can get the facts straightened out in my comic book.

1) Pioneer I was built in __?__ years.
2) Was Pioneer II built the same time?
3) After Pioneer I left and made communication back to Coral, and Pioneer II left, what was the time differential in between?
4) How long does it take to get to Ragol?

I heard this is in one of the online quests, but I haven't been able to play online yet.

Crystal_Shard
Feb 13, 2004, 08:36 AM
1) Pioneer I was built in __?__ years.
2) Was Pioneer II built the same time?
3) After Pioneer I left and made communication back to Coral, and Pioneer II left, what was the time differential in between?
4) How long does it take to get to Ragol?

Um, I doubt that any online quest has these answers. The closest is Seat of the Heart, but
none of your questions are answered there.

Anyway, as far as I know:

1) Unsure. There's mention of AUW, but none of them state when Pioneer 1 was built or launched.
I'm not clear on this. I might have missed something.

2) Probably not? If P1 and P2 were both the epitome of Coral's Technology, I would say they waited
till Pioneer 1 reported back. No sense wasting more resources on a project that had a high risk
like the Pioneer Project.

3) I'm quite sure the intro states either that it took P2 7 years to get to Ragol, or it took
7 years to prepare Pioneer 2 for the trip. It would be safe to estimate that P1 communicated with Coral
7 years before Episode 1 and P2 took that long to prepare itself.

4) Judging from the intro movie, P2 used some kind of Hyperdrive/Warp drive/Jump point to get to
Ragol. Highly likely that it wouldn't take a long time no? ^_^

These inferences are based on what can be understood from the intro movie and some limited speculation.
It's not PSO canon but I think it's quite accurate considering what we have to work on here.

Dhylec
Feb 13, 2004, 11:37 AM
if you have pso-story related question or info..
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=73795&forum=12&158

Sharkyland
Feb 14, 2004, 08:15 PM
They aren't answering my questions. ;_;

Nai_Calus
Feb 14, 2004, 08:45 PM
It takes about two years to get to Ragol for the Coralians. When Pioneer 2 gets to Ragol it's been 9 years since P1 left, more or less, and 7 since Pioneer 1 arrived on Ragol.

Pioneer 1 leaves, takes about 2 years.
Approximately 5 years later, Pioneer 2 leaves, takes about 2 years.

The seven is stated in the intro movie, and the 2 comes from the woman outside the warp to the principal's office, who states that it's been two years since Pioneer 2 left home.

As for how long it took to build P1, and whether P2 was built at the same time, I have no clue.