PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Need stuff we can use!

kevlar_pso
Feb 13, 2004, 03:08 PM
Can ya'll tell me what the best ID's are for each Challenge? Bluefull seems to work great for me. Seen several 4 slot frames in there.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 13, 2004, 03:58 PM
For some reason, it seems like rods and wands drop like mad in Challenge mode. For the record, most of my sessions lately have been Redria.

VulpesMundi
Feb 13, 2004, 06:07 PM
The jury is still out on whether or not IDs really effect C-mode. Personally, I've come to the point where I question if IDs really do effect C-mode. We do know that the drop chart for C-mode is different than the one for normal gameplay. There are no rare drops and some items appear in different locations (ie. Brand will begin appearing in Cave 2, whereas in normal gameplay it begins appearing in Cave 3). The question that remains to be answered is: is it all one conglomerate chart or are there still variances based on ID? I could go on and on about how I played on an ID that was supposed to commonly find a specific item (ie. Skyly = swords) and never found one during a run where it could be found. However, one person's experiences don't make a factual conclusion. This is one subject that really needs a lot more research.

Hrith
Feb 13, 2004, 06:20 PM
Note this info does not come from me.

IDs in C-mode on DC altered the maps, and only the first two IDs matter.
For instance best IDs for C1 are Pinkal first and Skyly second, that way you'll get the fewest monsters possible.
Supposedly, the first ID generates a map and if the second ID "matches" there will be few monsters. On the contrary if it doesn't "match" there will be tons of them.
Two similar IDs will give an average map.
IDs don't affect weapon type drops, but they affect the rate at which any item will drop. That would explain why you can sometimes make a run with nothing dropping and sometimes you find mates, fluids, mats, disks and weapons galore.

I'm not too sure about that theory, but the guy who posted it, that was something like 2 years ago, didn't sound like a bullshit-er at all.

I don't know about NGC/Xbox, but this definitely doesn't matter for Ep2 C-mode.

Chris_c11t
Feb 14, 2004, 07:58 AM
Well, I certainly notice a lot more rods, canes and tech disks appearing when playing under a Pinkal id.

However, I believe a lot of crates have the type of item in them determined by the map - for example, there are 4 boxes towards the end of E2C2 that *always* have good weapons in them.

kevlar_pso
Feb 15, 2004, 02:45 AM
I suppose I'll go w/Skyly and Pinkal for now until we can get some more info on what ID's do for C mode.