PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Team reuses NPCs!

Zeroy
Feb 13, 2004, 08:36 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Sonic Team reuses NPC's alot? There are people walking around Pioneer 2 that look just like the shop keepers, all the scientists look the same, and they reuse a bunch of citizen NPC's alot too. In the Value of Money quest, you talk to the guy's wife, walk outside the guild and there she is again, but she's also still in the guild. Plus the her husband looks the same as the guy outside the Medic Center.

Genoa
Feb 13, 2004, 08:54 PM
I guess they used to to save some space. Besides, the game takes up enough space on my memory cards as it is. And probably out of shear laziness. But I don't mind that much... But I do think the could have atleast change to color of their clothing or something...

LoreSeeker
Feb 13, 2004, 10:39 PM
I like to consider the NPCs the average Joe kind of people in the world of PSO... They're just kinda there, and have no real significance. The important people all have their own look to them.

anwserman
Feb 13, 2004, 11:01 PM
Much like how the vehicles in Sonic Adventure 2 look the same. Or how the Goboomas are Boomas with slight variations, and the same apply to Gigoboomas!

Yes, they're all the same. But honestly, would you want to hand-craft individual models for every NPC in the game? I wouldn't... making a decent model is hard enough, imagine making 50 for every nonimportant character in the game. Not including the characters who do deserve individual models!

MOTOROLA
Feb 14, 2004, 06:46 PM
On 2004-02-13 20:01, anwserman wrote:
Much like how the vehicles in Sonic Adventure 2 look the same.

I have you back on that one. Those vehicles are just way too repetative.

Drayma
Feb 14, 2004, 07:42 PM
You are right, the first NPC you meet is the same one who sells you scape dolls and fluids in the shops.

KaFKa
Feb 14, 2004, 07:48 PM
technically, the first NPC you meet is principal tyrell/that natasha(or whatever her name is) chick

Nai_Calus
Feb 14, 2004, 08:20 PM
Dude, re-using NPC sprites/models/whatever is an RPG -tradition-. Or did you just not notice when your GM used the same Innkeeper from three towns ago, just with a different name? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Aunt_Betty
Feb 14, 2004, 09:49 PM
Phebiite!~~~With technology that high why change clothes?

chaodragonb
Feb 14, 2004, 11:46 PM
True...Using a lot of different models for EVERY individual character would take up a lot of unnecessary time, which could (and should) be spent cooking up new enemies....

Is it just me, or in Ep.1, do you fight like...a thousand something Gilhics in the first level of the mines?

Aunt_Betty
Feb 15, 2004, 12:15 PM
On 2004-02-14 20:46, chaodragonb wrote:
True...Using a lot of different models for EVERY individual character would take up a lot of unnecessary time, which could (and should) be spent cooking up new enemies....

Is it just me, or in Ep.1, do you fight like...a thousand something Gilhics in the first level of the mines?

Reminds me of the Disney movie"The Huntchback of Nortre Dome."Technology wasn't that high so they had to make every person from shows to head.No copy and paste and there.

Miso
Feb 16, 2004, 07:53 PM
On 2004-02-14 18:49, catindahat wrote:
Phebiite!~~~With technology that high why change clothes?

2 view transitions i suppose...or 2 make some days seem more significant than others...