PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Veteran Needs Some Help

Aphotic
Feb 13, 2004, 08:40 PM
Hey everyone, I guess the first thing to explain is my topic/title. The reason I label myself as a newbie veteran is because I played back before PSO 2 was out on dreamcast but I've never got a character above 30.

Mainly what I'm looking for here is some just general advice. I started a HUcast a day or two ago who is currently level 9 and in the caves using a sabre +3. I'm currently looking for a partizan so I can attack more than 1 enemy at a time. My current mag is a Varuna.

Anyone have any tips for a newbie who doesn't know very much about the game?

Thanks,

Aphotic

VioletSkye
Feb 13, 2004, 08:44 PM
If you can go online, do a ton of TTF runs (at least through to De Rol Le.) Its boring but you'll level quickly and it will make normal go alot quicker in offline. Learn to use yor traps. I see alot of Androids online who totally forget to ever use traps. Traps and a descent handgun make a great combo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-13 17:46 ]</font>

Soukosa
Feb 13, 2004, 08:46 PM
You won't be able to find Partisans until the Mines. In the meantime, you should be able to find a Sword in the Caves for hitting multiple enemies.

Aphotic
Feb 13, 2004, 08:47 PM
Well I currently can't go online, another question is, if I do get the adapter, we have cable internet, how hard is it to get online set up?

Ketchup345
Feb 13, 2004, 08:50 PM
On 2004-02-13 17:47, Aphotic wrote:
Well I currently can't go online, another question is, if I do get the adapter, we have cable internet, how hard is it to get online set up?

If you are going to use a network, it is very easy (just costs a little $).

Ask in Tech Support when you do get the adaptor.

Eclypse
Feb 13, 2004, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about getting a Partisan right now, or using a sword, I myself would just use the saber and focus on balancing your mag stats for decent DEX, but great PWR, and DEF stats. HUcasts don't have the greatest ATA (no hunter does) but you should be fine with your saber as long as you don't get surrounded and greedy when you hit enemies.

VioletSkye
Feb 13, 2004, 08:52 PM
On 2004-02-13 17:51, Eclypse wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about getting a Partisan right now, or using a sword, I myself would just use the saber and focus on balancing your mag stats for decent DEX, but great PWR, and DEF stats. HUcasts don't have the greatest ATA (no hunter does) but you should be fine with your saber as long as you don't get surrounded and greedy when you hit enemies.

Not true, Hucaseals have great ATA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-13 17:54 ]</font>

Aphotic
Feb 13, 2004, 08:56 PM
Mag Info

Level: 18
Synchro: 110%
IQ: 52
DEF: 8
POW: 2
DEX: 2
MIND: 6

VioletSkye
Feb 13, 2004, 08:58 PM
Revised lol.

A possible build that you might look into would be

108 Pow mats, 35 Luck mats, 7 Def mats

Mag 5-129-66-0

At level 200, that will put you at:

1620 ATP
191 ATA (maxed)
524 DEF
80 LCK

Now if your ID can find a God Ability (Viridia and Whitill would be the easiest, though Purplenum and Pinkal find it also, that would put your stats at:

1639 ATP (maxed)
191 ATA (maxed)
544 DEF
100 LCK (maxed)

Now if you want to throw in a God Body, your DEF would be 594 (which is only 7 points from max)

That leaves you with 2 empty slots for whatever.

I didn't cover EVA because with the God Ability your EVP would be 605 which is only 55 points from max and quite frankly I wouldn't worry about Evasion with a Hucast.

If you do go after a God Ability, you can alter the mag to 9-129-62-0 because the God Ability will max out your ATA without using those 4 points in DEX on your mag and will also give you 8 extra DEF.

Here is a better rundown:

Materials:
108 Pow mats
35 Luck mats
7 Def mats

Mag:
9-129-62-0

Units:
God Ability
God Body
You are left with 2 empty slots for whatever (ie. God Battle)

Final stats for level 200 would be:

ATP 1639 (maxed)
ATA 191 (maxed)
LCK 100 (maxed)
DFP 601 (maxed)
EVP 605 (55 points from max)

Hope that all made sense http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-13 19:43 ]</font>

Eclypse
Feb 13, 2004, 11:03 PM
On 2004-02-13 17:52, VioletSkye wrote:

Not true, Hucaseals have great ATA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-13 17:54 ]</font>

Well no counting HUcaseals and anyways he's a HUcast and they have terrible ATA in my opinion. From my experience the ATA number doesn't necesarily predict how a person will hit. Yes it's the stat which determines accuracy, but when I used to play I would hit things all the time with my Mechs and my ATA was terrible with guns.

VioletSkye
Feb 13, 2004, 11:21 PM
From my experience the ATA number doesn't necesarily predict how a person will hit. Yes it's the stat which determines accuracy, but when I used to play I would hit things all the time with my Mechs and my ATA was terrible with guns.

Its possible your mechs had a descent hit % on them. Anyway at higher levels pretty much any HU can hit well with mechs (especially when they have a good hit %)

As for this comment:

I myself would just use the saber and focus on balancing your mag stats for decent DEX, but great PWR, and DEF stats.

I would have to disagree strongly with wasting too many points in DEF. Its just not really needed for a Hucast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-13 20:29 ]</font>

Eclypse
Feb 14, 2004, 04:11 AM
My mechs didn't have any %'s on them because I don't use weapons that have %'s. In terms of your disagreeing with my about the HUcasts stats, that's all well because people have different playing styles. I myself favor high MST and DFP when my HUnewearl she's virtually invincible with the way I bring her up. As far as playing with droids I kinda see them as pointless so my recommendations are based on how I would raise a non-droid character.

silvermax
Feb 14, 2004, 05:05 AM
On 2004-02-13 17:56, Aphotic wrote:
Mag Info

Level: 18
Synchro: 110%
IQ: 52
DEF: 8
POW: 2
DEX: 2
MIND: 6

when you get to mines and find another mag(and you will), raise a new one with no mind at all, if your a hucast, mind is not your friend since you have 0 mst all the time