PDA

View Full Version : DC: Snapshots...

Temjin-On
Feb 14, 2004, 02:41 PM
Yea well I have been on DC alot recently (wont say why) and well I figured out how to take snapshots with it. Now being 56k I used a friend for snapshot upload on PSOProxy for GC. I was wondering how to get the shots off my DC card and I will say this now, I wont do that shit with 56k proxy server thing like they said on PSOProxy's site.

Rich_T
Feb 14, 2004, 06:10 PM
Dont worry, you dont need to do any shit with any proxy server, in fact its almost shit free.
As you know the dreamcast has a modem built in, it also has a web browser and a facility to e-mail non copy protected files from the VMU ( dreamcast memory card)
At one time there was a website that would convert the files from the snapshot format to something more standard, all you had to do was go to http://pso.donut.dhs.org/ and follow the instructions there, and the site would e-mail you back with your snapshot as a a jpeg.
that website is no more, but you can still e-mail VMU files to an address if you have the web browser disk to set up your dreamcast with an ISP.

using a Dreamkey web browser go to E-mail, write yourslef an e-mail, then select add atachment, you will then go to a VMU browser screen select the PSO snapshot file and atach that to an e-mail.
as for converting it into a usable format once youve recieved it in your e-mail inbox on your p.c i cant help you.

you should also eb able to do that with a recent planetweb browser or dream passport browser disk as well

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2004-02-14 15:11 ]</font>

Temjin-On
Feb 14, 2004, 06:14 PM
That site said Returning soon. Next option.

Oops notoiced you said that. Okay now. What email service can i set up with that so i can email me the stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Temjin-On on 2004-02-14 15:15 ]</font>

Rich_T
Feb 14, 2004, 06:36 PM
I asume youve got either dreamkey ver3 planetweb ver2 and above or planetweb ver2 and above.
somewhere in one of the settings for those disks is an option for e-mail.
You should be able to set it to any pop3 type e-mail account, such as the one provided from your ISP, take a look through the help pages for your ISP for e-mail settings, you will need the pop server name, the smtp server name, and your standard ISP username and password.
once youve configured you dreamcast using the browser disk, you should be able to access the e-mail function, as well as web browsing using the homepage function in PSO
Select homepage then press CTRL and O on the keyboard you will get a URL entry box, you can type any url into this
Type CTRL+M should get you to the e-mail section where you can send e-mails with file atachments, you should get some side menus up with the s1 and s2 buttons on the keyboard, or the right and left triggers on the DC pad.

incidently if you also have Jet set radio/jet grind radio for the dreamcast, you can save almost any image you want off the internet and use that as a graffiti tag in the game, go to the website with the image using the CTRL+O method with the ingame homepage function, and press Aand X and it should save to a VMU, from there you can load it into jet set/grind radio from the graffiti tag menu.

Temjin-On
Feb 14, 2004, 06:38 PM
Okay, well I dont have a browser above 2.0, mine that was 2.0 busted. My chu chu rocket i used for dreamkey has been lost long ago. Alternitives?

Rich_T
Feb 14, 2004, 06:47 PM
you need a full browser disk to set your dreamcast up for online stuff such as e-mail and web browsing, you can use the browser in PSO by using the CTRL+ M/O/B/R methods.
if you dont have any web browser at all, you will have to downlaod one.
there is a website that has dreamcast games software and aplications available to download, the ROMS/ISOs are all home developed and legal to download somewhere in there someones made a new dreamcast web browser that combines the best bits of planetweb dreamkey and dreampassport, the site is http://www.dcemulation.com

Temjin-On
Feb 14, 2004, 10:23 PM
Okay, I got a working 2.6 planet web browser! (thats what im using right now) and I now need to things.
A FREEPOP email account to send the VMU file tomyself.
B A program to decode the vmu file and give me the image on the DC snapshot file. Someone either post it in this tread or pm/email me with the program, for I will need it.

Temjin-On
Feb 15, 2004, 08:15 PM
I found one! http://blueswirl.fr.st/. Its in french but can be converted into english. Its under tools and takes a min to find but I guess I solved my own problem!

Nope! stupid thing wont let me upload the file! it says still post source code. Well, I would but my Broswer dont like modomail! I cant get any mail outa my box and it says when I try to send something that the server is busy! Im pissed right now1 someone give me an alternitive. that ismt capture card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Temjin-On on 2004-02-15 17:51 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Feb 15, 2004, 10:03 PM
did you try the psopic program?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-15 19:04 ]</font>

Temjin-On
Feb 15, 2004, 10:08 PM
Pardon, Violet?

VioletSkye
Feb 15, 2004, 10:14 PM
Have you tried using the psopic program that lets you view snapshot files for Dreamcast?

Temjin-On
Feb 15, 2004, 10:20 PM
No I havent. and I cant get the stupid mail thing on pw2.6 to work with the service I have set up, So I cant send myself the file with the snapshot. If you can send link to the psopic and how to fix my pop problem or give me one that will work, gladly will help.

VioletSkye
Feb 15, 2004, 10:28 PM
http://www.mds.mdh.se/~dtv00jbr/psopic/psopic.html

Can't help you with the pop thing cuz I don't have a dreamcast so I'm not familiar with the browser at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-15 19:30 ]</font>

Temjin-On
Feb 15, 2004, 10:32 PM
Thanks, But im still up the river without a paddle on how to get the file off. Please dont say I need to buy a cable, I dont wanna wait. course I wouldnt need a cable, If I didnt have problems with the damn email feature on PW 2.6!

Rich_T
Feb 16, 2004, 02:20 PM
You should have an e-mail account with your internet service provider, this should use the same username and password you use to log into your internet service.
lets say theres a psoworld internet serice
your pop server would be
pop.psoworld.com
smtp would be
smtp.psoworld.com

As for your e-mail address, click on outlook express ( or other e-mail program) and you should see your e-mail address
it could be
[email protected]
from this your username would be
Temjin.psoworld.com
and your password would be the same one you use to log into your ISP.