PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever play EQ?

Lardo
Apr 16, 2001, 01:23 AM
Well with everybody talking about guilds, clans, and whatnot i want to know if any of you people played eq (everquest).

Cube
Apr 16, 2001, 01:42 AM
Nope, i heard it was a good game though. However i wouldnt pay monthly to play a game. 50 bucks once is enough for me.

Yagami
Apr 16, 2001, 02:19 AM
I used to play Evercrack and stopped a loooooooong time ago. It was good but when they say "your in our world now" they were right. I played at my friends house 24-7 but I just quit after a while. He is a level 53 ranger and is still going even though he said he would stop at 50.

Tabolet
Apr 16, 2001, 02:34 AM
I'm somewhat of an EQ Vet... 43 bard on Quellious (yeah, not terribly high, but I've been playing him on-and-off for over two years).

It seems really interesting at first, but eventually Norrath loses its inherent wonder and it all boils down to "I don't feel like running for three hours, somebody gimme a teleport".

If you can keep the thing from getting too item-orientated, I suppose it'd be a good experience. Personally, I enjoy having l33t gear, so Verant's artificial item shortages kinda leave me hanging...

Also, it's a tad annoying to work your class up to 60, only to realize that the end result is NOTHING like what you had hoped for, after all the nerfs are applied.

Conclusion: If you like PSO, you won't care for EQ after about four months.

Cube
Apr 16, 2001, 02:42 AM
Cube just lost interest in EQ

Valyn
Apr 16, 2001, 01:19 PM
I play EQ and still enjoy it. I have a 52 Paladin on Prexus. I think a person can like both EQ and PSO, they're just a different experience. Both are fun, regardless.

Lmnopia
Apr 16, 2001, 01:58 PM
im quitiin pso to play eq breaking the mold hahah

DCKaz
Apr 16, 2001, 02:46 PM
I went the other way.. played EQ for about 2 years. Playing a pk server (Tallon Zek, teams) made the game (IMO) a lot more interesting than just player vs environment.

However there were a lot of shortcomings in their team server ruleset, and constant changes shifted balances a LOT. Still, if someone said name the best MMORPG you've seen, I wouldn't hestitate - EQ no question.

That said, the high level game drags, and getting *ready* to do anything high level takes a few hours, doing the work many hours, and 'corpse runs' are often several hours when it goes bad.

In the end it's just waaay to time consuming to get a good experience/hunt for loot/just go out and have some productive fun once you reach mid40+s/50s. I burned out as a 52 enchanter with numerous twinks there.

Which makes the find/go play of PSO refreshing. This version alone will get old, but PSOver2 will add a big helping and then there is PSO2. Meanwhile I still have a bunch to do in PSO yet.. it's nice to make noteable advancement even when you *can't* play constantly.. one of the joys of PSO.

DCKaz
Terra Prime 71 FOmarl

Ambrai
Apr 16, 2001, 05:26 PM
I played too long. 51 druid full planar armor(got armor b4 kunark), and a 47 bard. Quit just because I had little intrest to sit around for 3 hours looking for a group and then another 6 hours doing the same thing over and over.