PDA

View Full Version : New Weapon Types!!!

Genoa
Feb 14, 2004, 07:11 PM
... if you could make one (hehe, someone got excited!). Anyways, I'm not talking about that old thread about "If you could make an item what would it be?" I'm talking about a new class of weapon (like swords, handguns... ect...). Me and my friend (on psow his name is Sef) came up with the idea of Whips (photon based like all other regular weapons). The hard part was thinking names for the 5 basic whips. Then we'll come up with Special Weapon whips. I already thought of a whole bunch of enemy weapon whips. Like De Rol Le's Tentacle. Or Dolmdarl's Tentacle. Can't do Barba Ray's Tentacle... seeing it's not a real creature. The weapon (basic 5 ones) would be usable by HU's and FO's. Requires ATP to use (not that much either). 3-hit combo. Attack animations would be unique with HUcaseal, FOmarl, and FOmar. HU&FOnewearl would have the same animation, HUmar, HUcast, and FOnewm would all have the same animation. I'll post the 5 whip names later... but until then, what new weapon class would you make?

Zeroy
Feb 14, 2004, 07:29 PM
it'd be pretty cool to have a weapon class of Axes, not just some rare Swords/Partisans that look like axes. Spears would be cool too. Or maybe even Photon Bows, a good long-range weapon for hunters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jason
Feb 14, 2004, 07:32 PM
Bows and axes.

Genoa
Feb 14, 2004, 07:46 PM
Me and my other friend thought of bows too, but we couldn't c that being a new class of weapon, seeing the regular weapons are all technological, and bows are out-performanced by Revolvery. (or gunery, whatever). It would be a cool Rare weapon. Range of a rifle but different animation. I guess bows could be a special class weapon (like claws and cards, ect...) I wish I could somehow post a pic of my thoughts about what a photon whip would look like... It would be like, You hold a blackish-greyish hilt, and then a long electrical wire is connected to the top. At the end of the wire, is a small rectangle. The small rectangle projects 3 photon blades coming from the Top, Left top, and Right Top. (sorta like a W) Makes a very very high-pitch photon noise. (you've played pso long enough, imagine a high-pitch photon noise.... even higher than a Cane)

Mazinger-X
Feb 14, 2004, 07:48 PM
Photon Grenades, Photon SHurkens, Photon Throwing Knives. Yeha. Okay.

Genoa
Feb 14, 2004, 07:55 PM
Burst Guns would be cool too (like a mechgun and a handgun combined) Someone else mentioned this in a different thread, but I thought it was cool. Credit goes to he/she who said it though. Oh, and whips would show a avatar of a saber to indicated it's primaraly for HU's, but FO's can use it also (kinda like how Partisans are for HU's but RA's can use them). Gunblades would be cool too, (I love FFVIII...) like, a Sword with a tilted hilt and if fires a small photon bullet with a short range. Doesn't hit mulitple targets, does more damage when hit with the blade itself. Range of photon bullet is equal to a slicers range. Also, Numbchucks (spell check...) would be awesome! Little photon blades on the side, hits 4 times, more ATP given than daggers, a lil tiny bit less than sabers. Very fast , o.k. ata.

Blitzkommando
Feb 14, 2004, 07:55 PM
A real knife. Not some little sword. An actual knife. Of course a war hammer would be pretty nice too. Not a giant toy hammer, a real big metal sock-em hammer. Perhaps a cattle prod... hmm, yes electrocuting Boomas would be quite fun, or even better Delbiters.

Genoa
Feb 14, 2004, 07:59 PM
hehe, I can see a FOmar running up to a RAcast. FOmar has a taser in his hand, RAcast says "you puni man in dress, what is your function?" FOmar:"um, to kill you with this?" RAcast:"............humarious, you think you could ki--*interupted by taser* AAHH GOOD GOD IT BURNS AHHHH! HELP, DIEING NOW!"

ERS
Feb 14, 2004, 08:00 PM
I honestly don't see the point in these "If you could make something what would it be?" topics. You see, you can't change anything. Sonic Team is not going to make any new weapon classes, or new weapons. The weapons that are on the disc are what you get.

Deal with it.

Genoa
Feb 14, 2004, 08:03 PM
...it's for fun, i'm not trying to change anything. Can't you use your imagination? ... that reply was definately a stupid one, well no shiz I can't change anything. That's not why I made it. I just wanted to discuss thoughts of weapons they COULD/SHOULD have made.

ERS
Feb 14, 2004, 08:04 PM
Could have; should have.

But didn't.

And they're not going to change it, either.

Heh.

Genoa
Feb 14, 2004, 08:09 PM
... obviously, your not getting it. The topic was never intended for "Well maybe we could send this to Sega and they'll change something!", no, it was to DISCUSS (not alter anything) but to DISCUSS (still with me?) what weapon-class YOU would like in PSO... (did you get that/!)

ERS
Feb 14, 2004, 08:16 PM
I do understand that, but all I'm trying to say is that there's nothing you can do.

KaFKa
Feb 14, 2004, 08:20 PM
i think he gets the idea, ERS. hes just fantasizing about what COULD be, and not what will...

ERS
Feb 14, 2004, 08:27 PM
I think we could all use a Noob/Resist++. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

KaFKa
Feb 14, 2004, 08:30 PM
On 2004-02-14 17:27, ERS wrote:
I think we could all use a Noob/Resist++. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

that would get rid of half the online population of PSO... *thinks of the possibilities* i want one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Firocket1690
Feb 14, 2004, 09:45 PM
On 2004-02-14 16:48, Mazinger-X wrote:
Photon SHurkens

Flight Cutter.

Bows and axes.
Victor Axe.

Hmm ... New kind of weapon ...
*just finished SC2*
Twin Claws ? (Voldo-like) (Nei's Claw, with different animation/both get swung, 7 hit combo)
er ....

Robo47
Feb 14, 2004, 10:04 PM
Dash Boots. Good for running away from a fight, AND sprinting through a Hildetorr.

CAST MEGID AT ME NOW SUCKA!! HAHA

Also, FSOD on a Rope! lol

But a more serious one.

Little suits that make certain enemies not attack you, Rappy Suits, Bartle suits ect. And the HU and RAcasts would be the only ones able to use a Hildebear Suit.

neo9376
Feb 14, 2004, 10:33 PM
I don't know if i'm the only one that's noticied but ers has been very...easy to anger.

A cool weapon would be a photon bot that would run up to the enemy and explode. Also crossbows would be cool.

azngamer648
Feb 14, 2004, 11:26 PM
A Photon Basketball or Baseball would be cool... =]

azngamer648
Feb 14, 2004, 11:28 PM
A Photon Basketball or Baseball would be cool... =]

Robo47
Feb 15, 2004, 12:00 AM
A Photon Baseball Bat, that has the animation of a HUnewearl's Saber no matter which class it was used by.

Or possibly, a Photon Pie, like the old TV shows!

The Pie's can't combo but require nothing to use.

*throws a pie at a Booma*

Mark_Paz
Feb 15, 2004, 05:50 AM
what about a Ob Lily Bouquet? or Branch of Ob Lily?
If you use Olga's dna with it.......

whajajajajajajajaja!!!!

kingmurp
Feb 15, 2004, 06:54 AM
I'm going to say spam hammer, hopefully I dont start another clan war >.>

Butoden
Feb 15, 2004, 07:13 AM
What about those metal balls on chains which you spin around above you. Ever saw SC2's Ivy's chain-sword weapon? She swings it above her or next to her!
It could be very strong and hit multiple enemies but you would move forward alot, thus it's weak spot. Cuz I hear all these UBER-FANTASTIC weapons that shud be implanted but think about it: all weapons have their downside! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/santacookie.gif

Garm
Feb 15, 2004, 08:05 AM
saws like the chainsawd? would have a 4 hit combo, 2 saws in your hands slashing through enemies and names?
green: saw
blue: edged-saw
purple: slasher
red: double-edged-saw
yellow: double edged- slasher

p.s.: im sleepy so dont my spelling and names..

doubletake123
Feb 24, 2004, 08:33 PM
i like neo 9376's idea of a little guy that run up and explode it could be and tech thing for casts.
plasma grenades and tasers hahahaha

lain2k3
Feb 24, 2004, 10:59 PM
some guy posted some BS about finding a photon whip a while back. He said he got it from a sinow ivy... it sounded nice, but it was total bull.

Yeah, whips would be cool. (female only! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Sheldama
Feb 25, 2004, 12:53 AM
Whips be Female only? NO WAY... I wanna be Indiana Jones okay! But on the other side.. sort of whipish but not; Kunai and Chain.

Reality_Check
Feb 25, 2004, 01:18 PM
I cannot beleive that NOBODY has said flamethrowers! They'd work like this...

Hit's everything in a straight like in the reach of half a rifle range. Two hits to all these enemies at medioker-low damage.

Now you might as... "How would you get a heavy attack?" Simple! Every good flamethrower has a Gas Control switch on it!

They'd be sweet!

Green: Flamer
Blue: Oil Flame
Purple: Flame Wave
Red: Incinerator
Gold: Purgitator

Now THAT would kick some serious butt.

But I do like the idea of Shurikens, Grenades, and little Attack Robots http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Caecilius
Feb 25, 2004, 02:22 PM
My mind has gone into overtime, so here's my dodgy idea for a Ball-and-Chain (Flail) style weapon series. 3-hit combos, final blow could be smashing the ball into the ground...

Green: Flail
Blue: Hammerblow
Purple: Crusher
Red: Wrecker
Gold: Morningstar

And, while I'm on the subject of new weapon types, a Scythe class in a similar strain to the Soul Eater and Soul Banish:

Green: Scythe
Blue: Sickle
Purple: Cleaver
Red: Reaper
Gold: Render