PDA

View Full Version : Hildertors

Cc08
Feb 15, 2004, 09:37 AM
Last night I was piping 4 Hilde's looking for a Hildertor so I could get a FS. At beat 500 I piped in and saw a torr. I was running at it, and in the corner of my eye I saw another one. I was amazed that 2 out of the 4 Hilde's in the room had turned to torrs. BTW thats 7 Torrs and no FS http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cc08 on 2004-02-15 06:49 ]</font>

Garm
Feb 15, 2004, 09:51 AM
it will drop eventually(sp?) i have seen 2 whitill but 1 killed me and the other gave me 1.8k meseta but my grennill found it on its first one. don't give up cause FS is (almost) perfect

neo9376
Feb 15, 2004, 10:07 AM
what is fs?

ERS
Feb 15, 2004, 10:07 AM
Even though you don't have a Frozen Shooter, seeing two Hildetorrs in one room is damn good luck.

ERS
Feb 15, 2004, 10:08 AM
Frozen Shooter- a Ranger weapon. The special freezes about 99% of the time.

Cc08
Feb 15, 2004, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I was so surprised at seeing 2 torrs in the same room...

navci
Feb 15, 2004, 03:40 PM
WHoa!
*kicks Hildetorrs*

I hate them Hildetorrs!
They don't show up, and when they do they drop nothing.
*sniffles* I am gonna start a Hildetoor hating club, and a Love Rappy stranging club soon.

But! Hey, 2 Torrs in a room, that is about the luck of Vulpes! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RadHaz
Feb 15, 2004, 04:10 PM
A2 was mucking about in vhard forest yesterday, and in the last room, a 'Blue showed up. Got a 'Blue Head!

Saffran
Feb 15, 2004, 04:53 PM
Geez, at least you guys actually find some. I've never found rares in the Forest. At best Pouilly slimes in the caves, because I split all of them. But it takes so much time...
The pipe trick doesn't seem to work a lot either. OTOH, I've never tried more than 20 pipes.

Genoa
Feb 15, 2004, 08:12 PM
On 2004-02-15 07:08, ERS wrote:

Correction, it freezes 100% of the time, as long as it hits, If you miss you miss, but it will always freeze if you hit. And that depends on your ATA, not the weapons Special Ability ATA. Frozen Shooter's special attack is like no other weapons. It's pretty much a Heavey Attack with a built in freeze status affect that hit 100% of the time, as long as the bomb hits.

Jarek
Feb 16, 2004, 03:10 PM
2 hildetorrs??? geez...too bad not 2 FS as well.
you should've tried to get a pic of that; it would've been cool to see.

NiteOwl
Feb 17, 2004, 09:28 AM
I've never had any luck with any special hildebear. I've been looking for a God/Arm with my Skyly for months with no luck. Though she's an android which makes piping a bit of a pain, I tried it for a couple hours, finally got a hildeblue, then it dropped crap. Blah.

VulpesMundi
Feb 17, 2004, 10:59 AM
On 2004-02-15 12:40, navi wrote:
WHoa!
*kicks Hildetorrs*

I hate them Hildetorrs!
They don't show up, and when they do they drop nothing.
*sniffles* I am gonna start a Hildetoor hating club, and a Love Rappy stranging club soon.

I'll be more than happy to sign up for the Love Rappy Strangling Club. They're too frighteningly pink for their own good. >.>

But! Hey, 2 Torrs in a room, that is about the luck of Vulpes! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Not even I've been lucky enough to see two Hildetorrs at the same time. And don't think I haven't tried. >.>

Skorpius
Feb 17, 2004, 12:43 PM

just to clarify:
it freezes 100% if the special makes contact. if you see MISS, you missed the creature entirly.

lain2k3
Feb 17, 2004, 03:23 PM
On 2004-02-17 09:43, Skorpius wrote:

just to clarify:
it freezes 100% if the special makes contact. if you see MISS, you missed the creature entirly.

just to correct. If a canabin or a gee is in the air when it is hit with the special, it will usually not freeze, but other than that, it freezes almost guaranteed.

and It will freeze occasionally when you miss, regardless.

Soukosa
Feb 17, 2004, 03:32 PM
The special has to hit to freeze. If you play online and miss, but the special hits the enemy on another player's screen, it'll freeze the enemy. Enemies capable of flight will provide some problems with freezing. Outside of them, I have yet to see an FS or SQ fail to freeze an enemy when it hits it.

Aziangangster
Feb 17, 2004, 03:54 PM
where can you see 4 torrs? The most I have ever piped was 3 and btw I have 3 frozen shooter got stiffed by 2 and i am still searching for one with hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aziangangster on 2004-02-17 12:55 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Feb 17, 2004, 04:07 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=723

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=839

Cc08
Feb 17, 2004, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I wanted to take a picture so bad... but I don't know how http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Cc08
Feb 17, 2004, 06:43 PM
YAY!! Hildertor # 8 dropped my Frozen Shooter (0/0/40/10/15) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I love the special... but I've been frozen twice in like 20 minutes... whatever http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genoa
Feb 17, 2004, 07:09 PM
What I don't get is when you try to freeze a Nano dragon... even if they're on the ground sometimes it will not freeze them. But sometimes it does... oh well, it's not like he ever has a chance of hitting me. Only attacks he has are ones that require charging. *phew* But in a way I think FS is very cheap. I say it shouldn't be able to combo. (and I know about Snow Queen, I still say FS shouldn't be able to combo.)

heyf00L
Feb 17, 2004, 08:54 PM
On 2004-02-17 16:09, MegamanX wrote:
What I don't get is when you try to freeze a Nano dragon... even if they're on the ground sometimes it will not freeze them. But sometimes it does... oh well, it's not like he ever has a chance of hitting me. Only attacks he has are ones that require charging. *phew* But in a way I think FS is very cheap. I say it shouldn't be able to combo. (and I know about Snow Queen, I still say FS shouldn't be able to combo.)

Why shouldn't it be able to combo? It's not like you can easily just aim at another enemy in the middle of a combo and hit 3 enemies or something.

Saffran
Feb 17, 2004, 10:28 PM
But!!!
I wouldn't know for sure, but I vaguely remember reading that once you'd hit an ennemy, the console would remember its stats (when you die for example, you do teleport back to Pioneer2 but the stats of the ennemies in the room are saved except position).
Besides (and that I probably read here in the database, or at gamefaqs maybe) rare monsters don't drop anything interesting during quests. So telepiping in quests would be rather useless, except if you're pawning with a low-powered King weapon in ultimate... which is useless too, since the attributes of non special weapons always miss. (well, I've always missed until now)

Cc08
Feb 18, 2004, 03:06 PM
I wouldn't know for sure, but I vaguely remember reading that once you'd hit an ennemy, the console would remember its stats (when you die for example, you do teleport back to Pioneer2 but the stats of the ennemies in the room are saved except position).No, I've died before and came back to a Mil Lily, and all of the enemy HP is gained back.
rare monsters don't drop anything interesting during quests. So telepiping in quests would be rather useless, except if you're pawning with a low-powered King weapon in ultimate... No, it doesnt matter if its in a quest or not... I've gotten a Demolition Comet off of a Mil Lily in the quest Addicting Foods and just got my FS off a Hildertor from Forest of Sorrow. Quests don't affect the drop rates

VulpesMundi
Feb 18, 2004, 05:24 PM
On 2004-02-17 19:28, Saffran wrote:
But!!!
I wouldn't know for sure, but I vaguely remember reading that once you'd hit an ennemy, the console would remember its stats (when you die for example, you do teleport back to Pioneer2 but the stats of the ennemies in the room are saved except position).

That's only true of online play. Offline (both single- and multi-player) this has been proven false. All enemies completely reset if you leave the area and return while playing offline.

Besides (and that I probably read here in the database, or at gamefaqs maybe) rare monsters don't drop anything interesting during quests.

This was true in the DC/PC versions of PSO. For some reason ST had programmed the game to never drop special items (even common stuff like DB's Sabers) during a quest. That kinda ruined one of the most important aspects of the game, since you couldn't hunt rares in quests. Thankfully they fixed that in E1&2 and we can now find any and all special items from quests, provided the ID and enemy are correct.

Saffran
Feb 18, 2004, 09:20 PM
I'm playing DC ver2... so that explains the rare drops (or their lack of, precisely).

And I must say that (at least on DC) the ennemy stats ARE saved as soon as you've hit them, except bosses.