PDA

View Full Version : Kasami bracer

Kristin
Feb 15, 2004, 05:08 PM
Ok,I've killed over 1000 nano dragons with my bluefull looking for this thing. I've gotten 2 red partisans,7 PDs,2 gae bolgs,over 30 silence claws and gained 13 lvls. I know heyfools guide says chances are 1/1800 or so but this seems a bit ridiculous. Has anyone else experienced the same kind of luck with this item? Should I give up and start looking for a standstill shield from ult seabed with my skyly?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kristin on 2004-02-15 14:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kristin on 2004-02-15 14:26 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 15, 2004, 05:18 PM
err, only 2 Gae Bolgs ????
and you must mean Silence Claws.
I suggest you keep it up, especially if you are online and have access to IS.
Standstill from Skyly, you're nuts X_x

Kristin
Feb 15, 2004, 05:27 PM
You're right,it is silence claws. What is IS and why would I be nuts to go after standstill shield with my skyly?

LoreSeeker
Feb 15, 2004, 05:49 PM
I'd look for a Standstill Shield. Better yet, alternate what you're looking for. Switch off characters every now and then; I can never play the same character for more than 20 hours without playing a different one. Maybe that's why I can't level up fast enough.

Sonic098
Feb 15, 2004, 06:02 PM
i had to kill about 1100 nanos before i got it (tht was back when i was offline only) it is one of the best shield/barrier items in the game. i believe that it is second best but i don't know. after you get it go find a standstill.

Kristin
Feb 15, 2004, 06:07 PM
I usually do addicting food quest and go through the first few rooms only. I restart the quest after the room with 6 nanos in it for a total of eight chances. Would it be possible that my chances are better playing through the whole quest?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kristin on 2004-02-15 15:07 ]</font>

Sonic098
Feb 15, 2004, 06:14 PM
its possible i never go though a whole quest on ult if it has a rare ememy in FIY (67 Pal Rappys and still no god damned Agtio 1975!)

VulpesMundi
Feb 15, 2004, 07:11 PM
On 2004-02-15 14:08, Kristin wrote:
I know heyfools guide says chances are 1/1800 or so but this seems a bit ridiculous.

According to my calculations, a Kasami Bracer from a Bluefull Nano Dragon is a 1/1862 average drop rate (1/1024 base item rarity, 55% drop-anything from a Nano Dragon). It's not an impossible drop, but it is a fairly difficult one. And since there aren't a whole lot of Nano Dragons, that just makes it worse. If you have a Redria (or even a Yellowboze, but that drop is slightly lower than on Redria), I'd suggest trying to get it from a Sinow Blue instead. Even the Purplenum drop off a Canabin would be better, since Canabins are so prolific.

Should I give up and start looking for a standstill shield from ult seabed with my skyly?

The Dolmolm Standstill drop would be even harder than the Kasami Bracer off a Nano Dragon. Granted there's more Dolmolms than Nano Dragons, you also have to consider that the Seabed is exponentially more difficult than the Cave. Personally, I like the Kasami Bracer better (looks cooler, adds 35 ATP, high DFP, really high EVP, great resistances). Unfortunately, rangers can't use the Kasami, but they can use the Standstill. If you're intent on a shield just for a HU, I'd say stick with the Kasami. If you want one both HUs and RAs can use, the Standstill would be more versatile. But I would also suggest using a Viridia character to hunt the Standstill off a Temple Mil Lily. You'll probably find yourself a lot less frustrated that way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-02-15 16:15 ]</font>

iamthehbomb
Feb 15, 2004, 09:29 PM
I'd say just do some more addicting food or soul of a blacksmith with your bluefull. I wasn't even looking for my kasami, and frankly, didn't even know it was a drop on that ID. Came when I least expected it. Its a fantastic shield and worth the hunt. You'll level when you look and invariably find other rares too.

Armok
Feb 16, 2004, 07:36 AM
Kasumi would be my choice as well. I'm going for the purpleum drop which is better. But to get though mines easy with my ramarl i need a spread needle. Which means i need to kill Chao bringers with my redria force. Who needs more hp to suvive attacks. Which means my skyly hucast is gonna have to kill some lilys on vh mode. Man lifes complex. ;p

PJ
Feb 16, 2004, 07:58 AM
Good stats it seems... I better look into where I can find them! *goes to list*

Off topic...

On 2004-02-16 04:36, Armok wrote:
Chao bringers

This guy rocks ^_^

Armok
Feb 16, 2004, 01:53 PM
Off topic...

On 2004-02-16 04:36, Armok wrote:
Chao bringers

This guy rocks ^_^

I'm confused ???

navci
Feb 16, 2004, 02:15 PM
Man. I hunted a kasami with my Redria and did endless Soul Blade runs. All it did was, well, I leveled 5 times, died WAY too many times.. and no kasami.

So I gave up. :/

Hrith
Feb 16, 2004, 02:27 PM
On 2004-02-16 10:53, Armok wrote:I'm confused ???
You wrote Chao instead of Chaos http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

navci
Feb 16, 2004, 02:40 PM
On 2004-02-16 11:27, Kef wrote:

On 2004-02-16 10:53, Armok wrote:I'm confused ???
You wrote Chao instead of Chaos http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I didn't notice. Hehe. *imagines a Chaos Bringer with a chao head and shoots Chao out of its rifle*

Schpitz
Feb 16, 2004, 03:30 PM
Personally, I found a Kasami Bracer online during a TTF run http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I wouldn't bother, either. There's plenty of better shields and barriers out there. Plus, Standstill Shield is WAY cooler than Kasami. Have fun running around aimlessly in Ruins!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sigma7789 on 2004-02-16 14:14 ]</font>

Armok
Feb 17, 2004, 08:47 AM
They are chao bringers wats wrong with that I've never called them by the dark bringer or chaos bringer.

Sorry just though that was a common nickname for them. Maybe it was just me and a few others then.

lain2k3
Feb 17, 2004, 03:12 PM
On 2004-02-16 12:30, Sigma7789 wrote:
Personally, I found a Kasami Bracer online during a TTF run http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I wouldn't bother, either. There's plenty of better shields and barriers out there. Plus, Standstill Shield is WAY cooler than Kasami. Have fun running around aimlessly in Ruins!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sigma7789 on 2004-02-16 14:14 ]</font>

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif , actually, there are no shield that are better than kasami overall. and the general concensus is that kasami looks cool, whereas standstill doenst.

and I've done about 230 full offline yellowboze mines runs looking for kasami, 22 PD's and no shiled yet.

dont hunt it from sinows.

SorceryMaster
Feb 17, 2004, 06:57 PM
On 2004-02-15 16:11, VulpesMundi wrote:
According to my calculations, a Kasami Bracer from a Bluefull Nano Dragon is a 1/1862 average drop rate (1/1024 base item rarity, 55% drop-anything from a Nano Dragon). It's not an impossible drop, but it is a fairly difficult one. And since there aren't a whole lot of Nano Dragons, that just makes it worse. If you have a Redria (or even a Yellowboze, but that drop is slightly lower than on Redria), I'd suggest trying to get it from a Sinow Blue instead. Even the Purplenum drop off a Canabin would be better, since Canabins are so prolific.

how do u kno that nano dragons drop things 55% of the time? if there is a guide plz provide a link
thx

heyf00L
Feb 17, 2004, 08:45 PM
Drop-anything rates:
http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=57

I thought Kasami Bracer was found in the ruins. Oh wait, no, that's just the item description that makes no sense (unless it was found in the ruins on DC and ST never changed it).

For Kasami you should hunt it with Redria or Purplenum. If you're offline Purplenum is better.

For Standstill, nothing beats Viridia. But I have witnessed a Skyly Standstill dropping before so hey, ya never know. And you can hunt a Twin Blaze at the same time ;x.

VulpesMundi
Feb 17, 2004, 10:06 PM
On 2004-02-17 17:45, heyf00L wrote:
I thought Kasami Bracer was found in the ruins. Oh wait, no, that's just the item description that makes no sense (unless it was found in the ruins on DC and ST never changed it).

Actually, on ver.2 the Kasami was found by four IDs. All four of them found it from an Ultimate Govulmer. The whole Kasami Bracer description is a conglomerate of red herrings. X.x

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=239