PDA

View Full Version : How does exp get sorted?

ToeNail89
Feb 15, 2004, 07:10 PM
I know this is a very noobish question but, how is exp distributed?
Do we all get the same amount of exp if we all get a hit. The person with the last hit gets most? Or the person that deals the most damage gets more?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ToeNail89 on 2004-02-15 16:11 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Feb 15, 2004, 07:14 PM
Whoever deals the final blow gets 100% of the exp, anyone who simply tags it gets 80% (and by tag I mean with a physical attack or a tech, either one will count.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-20 18:58 ]</font>

Kuea
Feb 15, 2004, 07:33 PM
you forgot traps if their hit by traps it also counts as tagging for the android who laid the trap

VioletSkye
Feb 15, 2004, 07:43 PM
On 2004-02-15 16:33, Gajeh wrote:
you forgot traps if their hit by traps it also counts as tagging for the android who laid the trap

yeah, i guess if you NEED to get so specific about it, although I'm sure he got the point already with my previous post http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Any type of hit will count.

ToeNail89
Feb 15, 2004, 09:34 PM
Thank you.
Also in multiplayer offline, Do the item droppings go with the section ID with whoever is 1st player or do enemy's rare item droppings depend on who/which section id kills it?

VioletSkye
Feb 15, 2004, 09:42 PM
On 2004-02-15 18:34, ToeNail89 wrote:
Thank you.
Also in multiplayer offline, Do the item droppings go with the section ID with whoever is 1st player or do enemy's rare item droppings depend on who/which section id kills it?

The drops will follow players 1's section ID regardless of which player kills an enemy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-15 18:43 ]</font>

Spider
Feb 17, 2004, 06:54 AM
hmm.. I thought it was always equal exp for anyone who hit it :S or was that just on the Dreamcast? Maybe I'm just mad.

Does this system work the same in solo quests where npcs are used?

kingmurp
Feb 17, 2004, 07:42 AM
On 2004-02-17 03:54, Spider wrote:
hmm.. I thought it was always equal exp for anyone who hit it :S or was that just on the Dreamcast? Maybe I'm just mad.

Does this system work the same in solo quests where npcs are used?

Yes, for the offline quests, thats why we mostly hunt higher level monsters in quests, it's nice to have a meat shield, er partner.

Eclypse
Feb 20, 2004, 08:13 PM
Why does everyone think that EXP is divided when I always get the same about of the experience whether I hit the enemy or not. I've taken my lvl.84 FOnewearl thru many runs were I only cast Shifta Deband, Jellen, and Zalure and not even hit the enemies, and I always get 100%. Who came up with the idea that EXP is divided?

VioletSkye
Feb 20, 2004, 09:47 PM
On 2004-02-20 17:13, Eclypse wrote:
Why does everyone think that EXP is divided when I always get the same about of the experience whether I hit the enemy or not. I've taken my lvl.84 FOnewearl thru many runs were I only cast Shifta Deband, Jellen, and Zalure and not even hit the enemies, and I always get 100%. Who came up with the idea that EXP is divided?

Uhhh probably because it IS divided. If you're not the player that actually kills the monster, you'll only get 80%.

Also what part of my previous post did you not understand:

"(and by tag I mean with a physical attack or a tech, either one will count.)"

Seems pretty self-explanatory to me. Next time try "reading" the thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-20 18:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-20 18:58 ]</font>

Myopathy
Feb 20, 2004, 09:49 PM

Casting Jellen/Zalure IS considered a tag/hit.

VioletSkye
Feb 20, 2004, 10:01 PM
BTW if you want to test it and see, simply do the battle training quest in Ult. If you kill a monster yourself you'll get 260 exp points, If you hit a monster but Kireek actually kills it, you'll get 208 exp points. So do the math and you'll see that exp IS divided. 208/260=.80 (80%) This works on quests, singleplayer, multi-player and online. And for the noobs who don't read, I already mentioned that techs count as a hit (same with traps.)

Jasam
Feb 21, 2004, 09:12 AM
Its not devided its reduced if you don't actully kill, that would be a bit more of a clear explination, as devided implays that more players=less exp

Nohe
Feb 21, 2004, 01:27 PM
On 2004-02-21 06:12, Jasam wrote:
Its not devided its reduced if you don't actully kill, that would be a bit more of a clear explination, as devided implays that more players=less exp

Still, I think everyone got that point already.
I feel like some of you guys are just trying to annoy VioletSkye http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nohe on 2004-02-21 10:32 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Feb 21, 2004, 02:12 PM
On 2004-02-21 10:27, Nohe wrote:

On 2004-02-21 06:12, Jasam wrote:

Still, I think everyone got that point already.
I feel like some of you guys are just trying to annoy VioletSkye http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nohe on 2004-02-21 10:32 ]</font>

thanx Nohe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And yes Jasam, I think we all understood what I was saying. Divided, reduced, whatever. The point is you only get a portion of the exp if you tag an enemy and don't deliver the final blow.

Buuyon
Feb 23, 2004, 02:42 AM
wow this thread went on more then 1 reply? why do you people try to fight with vilolet(sorry if i spelled it wrong cuz you know im great with spelling) its obvoius no one here knows as much as she/he/it does...cmon she/he/it goes into detail and ive seen people still try to fight...and just cant face YOUR WRONG...any ways...im tired and have no reason why i just hit submit so kinda ignore me...

Myopathy
Feb 23, 2004, 02:47 AM
Punctuation...

[quote]
On 2004-02-22 23:42, Buuyon wrote:
wow this thread went on more then 1 reply? why do you people try to fight with vilolet(sorry if i spelled it wrong cuz you know im great with spelling)
[quote]
If you knew you spelled it wrong, why didn't you change it?

[quote]
its obvoius no one here knows as much as she/he/it does...
[quote]
Nobody is right ALL the time.

Malkavian
Feb 23, 2004, 02:06 PM
Just adding some more stuff.
All the players that hit the enemy the moment it dies, get full exp. The game doesn't look which of the hits killed the enemy first for give the full exp to only that hit.
That's why specially in Bosses I try to tag them all the time and get full exp.

Nai_Calus
Feb 23, 2004, 02:25 PM
Split experience is REALLY annoying as a support FO. 90% of the time I don't have anything shortcutted to actually damage enemies, and I'm not going to anally memorize the HP of everything, monitor the damage done by the HU/RAs and then spam the correct tech at just the precise moment to get the full exp.

Actually, it's annoying as anybody. Why do they do it, anyway? Other than to make you wonder why you bother being a support FO, since you never get full exp for anything despite usually being damn near the most important member of the team(Yes, yes your support FO _IS_. Shut up, whiny HU, bitching at me if I don't renew your S/D the instant it wears off and not even bothering to notice the effects of my Jellen/Zalure, or the way my Resta keeps you from being splattered)... I only ever get full exp on Falz when I'm standing there spamming Foie and Resta while someone's being soul-sucked and a Foie kills him. That's it. That's the only time. And half the time someone else is spamming Foie too and you have to stop because you need to keep the person getting sucked alive. -_-;

The only thing the experience split is good for is -decreasing- teamwork, by making it a contest to see who gets to be the one reaping the full benefits instead of getting sloppy seconds(Not to mention that the one who killed it is most likely to be the one to get any rare that drops unless it's a RA or a damage-dealing FO).

Where it really irks me is C-mode, where the HUcast on my team generally gets the kill on almost everything and I lag a level or even two behind because of it. -.- And I'm a freaking HUcaseal.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE the exp split. Guh.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 23, 2004, 03:02 PM
Yup.
It's a fine line between teamwork and leveling up/character growing.

On one hand the extra help of teammates is needed in tight situations, whether its the normal game or c-mode, and on the other hand being the one teammate getting way less EXP points sucks.

If you're strong enough to go out on your own you may not get too far anyway alone.
Maybe level up with one or two good pals in a team and join a team with people you don't know too well to jump into boss battles for the extra help?

One suggestion, maybe I didn't think it all the way through though.

You have to hate it when HU's and RA's are too demanding on their FO teammate(s) and fail to realize that the FO is getting way less EXP points and are only looking out for themselves/being "selfish" so to speak. Sure the FO may not be able to handle the enemies alone at times, but killing everything in the room with the FO's "help" of (S/D J/Z Resta) doesn't really help the FO out either(with his/her character leveling and stat growth).

Buuyon
Feb 23, 2004, 06:03 PM
On 2004-02-22 23:47, Ezellaur wrote:
Punctuation...

[quote]
wow this thread went on more then 1 reply? why do you people try to fight with vilolet(sorry if i spelled it wrong cuz you know im great with spelling)
[quote]

[quote]
[quote]

see i didnt know..i thought i did...
reason
its 3 in the fucking morning and i didnt give a fuck...
so here is my asshole please insert tounge...

Eclypse
Feb 23, 2004, 08:18 PM
On 2004-02-20 18:47, VioletSkye wrote:

Uhhh probably because it IS divided. If you're not the player that actually kills the monster, you'll only get 80%.

Also what part of my previous post did you not understand:

"(and by tag I mean with a physical attack or a tech, either one will count.)"

Seems pretty self-explanatory to me. Next time try "reading" the thread.

First of all what the hell are you talking about "and by tag I mean with a physical attack or a tech, either on will count." I never said anything about not understanding that. As far as test your THEORY on exp, that isn't possible because I don't do anything offline. As far as it being divided you like everyone else must be mistaken because in many games that I've played I've watched people kill a monster and collect the exp, then I've killed a monster and collected the same amount. Whatever the case......nevermind this is a pointless exchange. If you believe it's divided then feel free to do so.

VioletSkye
Feb 23, 2004, 08:25 PM
you really are clueless http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
And BTW it IS possible for you to test it, you simply don't want to because it will prove you wrong. It won't kill you to load up the Battle training Quest (its the very first freaking quest on the board for Christ's sake) and try it out. At the very least don't say its impossible, thats a total lie and makes the rest of your comment look even more stupid. (I know its really difficult to walk your char all that way up to the guild counter and press the A button on Battle Training lol.)

For whatever reason you can't seem to get it into your skull that unless you actually kill the monster you will only get a percentage of the exp (80%). Not sure why that simple concept is too mind-bendingly difficult for you to grasp.

Also its not a "Theory" as you moronically call it, its FACT. Also the point you make is really stupid because you say:

"because in many games that I've played I've watched people kill a monster and collect the exp, then I've killed a monster and collected the same amount."

Well DUH!!! thats my point, If another player actually KILLS the monster they will get 100% of the exp, if in that SAME game, YOU KILL a monster, you will get 100% of the exp. Now in that SAME game, if you hit a monster and don't kill it, and your teammate DOES KILL it, your teammate will get 100% of the exp and you will get 80% of the exp for that monster. How the f*ck can you not understand that? I think I can safely say that your copy of PSO is just like the rest of ours. You didn't get some "special" version that allows you to always get 100% of the exp regardless of whether or not you kill a monster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-23 17:39 ]</font>

Myopathy
Feb 23, 2004, 08:57 PM
On 2004-02-23 15:03, Buuyon wrote:

Punctuation...

[quote]
[quote]

[quote]
[quote]

reason

Out of 5 quotes, you got one of them to actually quote. Keep it up, kid. You'll eventually get to the point when you can post correctly. And also, if you ever make it past the 4th grade, maybe you'll actually be able to spell correctly and not have to resort to immature comments to flame others.

And Eclypse, Violet is right. Just tried it on a Tollaw group in TTF. Shot a Tollaw then stopped shooting and just watched it get killed by the team. 214 EXP. Then went off and killed a tollaw by myself with my mechs, 268 EXP.

Eclypse
Feb 24, 2004, 02:29 AM
You know Violet it truly amazes me how you are getting your panties in a bunch over something so trivial. If I'm wrong them I'm wrong no need to call idiot this, or that. If I'm simply wrong about then leave it at that no need to constantly go in a circle about it, for god's sake just drop it. And like I said in my previous post it is impossible for me to go offline because when I do my disk freezes hence the reason I don't play offline, other than the fact that offline is whack.

Eclypse
Feb 24, 2004, 02:31 AM
On 2004-02-23 17:57, Ezellaur wrote:

On 2004-02-23 15:03, Buuyon wrote:

Punctuation...

[quote]
[quote]

[quote]
[quote]

reason

Out of 5 quotes, you got one of them to actually quote. Keep it up, kid. You'll eventually get to the point when you can post correctly. And also, if you ever make it past the 4th grade, maybe you'll actually be able to spell correctly and not have to resort to immature comments to flame others.

And Eclypse, Violet is right. Just tried it on a Tollaw group in TTF. Shot a Tollaw then stopped shooting and just watched it get killed by the team. 214 EXP. Then went off and killed a tollaw by myself with my mechs, 268 EXP.

Well congratulations on your find. I am so proud of you. I was wrong and I can admit to that.