PDA

View Full Version : Ok this Really annoys me

Armok
Feb 16, 2004, 07:07 AM
Having read the basic storyline outlined for EpIII. I have to say that sega really put no effort into hiring writers at all. A new kinda energy to rival photons called C.A.R.D. I dont mind the series being card based action but involving cards into the storyline is just stupid.

I blame those manga loving yugioh freaks out there.

U had to get involved didnt u, didnt u

Deathscythealpha
Feb 16, 2004, 07:48 AM
So thats the story to the game now, tis a bit silly from the sounds of it. Im still going to have a look into the game, i dont really care if its card based or not.

BTW, why does everyone use YU GI OH! for the card based analagies these days? Why not those D&D loving Magic: The Gathering Freaks, those sports loving Baseball card collecting jerks, or those monster collecting Pokemon wierdos?

(not to be taken as insults to people who collect those card games, i was just trying to make a point)

Zaneatron
Feb 16, 2004, 08:15 AM
maybe you should ask people who actually play the game what its about, rather than go on what IGN wrote. albeit its correct, the fact that C.A.R.D basded technology rivals photon as an energy source has fuck all to do with the main story line. im, infact, seriously pissed off with the fact that i cant read the story script, because from the pictures alone, its far more interesting than ep1&2, reading capsules and talking to the principal was boring after the first time around. but this is actually a more immersive story line. it also can take several different directions, following sil'fer, kranz and inolis for hunters, or break and endu's for arkz. endu's story in particular is very interesting, and continues the actual rico/flowen storyline, seeing he is their son.
just leave the game alone if you dont like it, just rememebr that "card" is just for getting the cards themselves into the story, its not pivotal to the storyline itself though.

ep3 storyline > ep1&2 storyline

Daikarin
Feb 16, 2004, 08:17 AM
On 2004-02-16 04:07, Armok wrote:
I blame those manga loving yugioh freaks out there.

U had to get involved didnt u, didnt u

Leave my brother out of your senseless rant.

*Gives Armok the karate look*

KodiaX987
Feb 16, 2004, 11:38 AM
Back in the good old days, games didn't need a plot.

I could care less about the implications of the technology. If I have fun with the game, I am satisfied.

derBauer
Feb 16, 2004, 11:47 AM
I don't know anyone who plays PSO for the story, its all about having fun.

Ness
Feb 16, 2004, 01:26 PM
On 2004-02-16 08:47, derBauer wrote:

I agree. Anyone who plays PSO for the story is going to be seriously disappointed. That goes not only fro PSO, but for all other Online RPGS as well.

Armok
Feb 16, 2004, 01:29 PM
Sorry for the insults. I also hate Magic the gathering, Baseball and all kinds of pokemon card games.

Oh and I will try the game. However if it aint up to par expect an even more abusive rant.

undevil
Feb 16, 2004, 01:30 PM
Sonic had a stupid story line and the game is awesome.

Still, I think Yugiem is the worst idea ever invented. Someone please go back in time and kill the creator. Yeah, I am being serious. Sue me.

BogusKun
Feb 16, 2004, 03:37 PM
On 2004-02-16 10:26, Ness wrote:

I agree. Anyone who plays PSO for the story is going to be seriously disappointed. That goes not only fro PSO, but for all other Online RPGS as well.

Two level 200s One at level 149, and all Bu-Eis

It's time for a decent battle... no cheats!

Shattered_weasel
Feb 16, 2004, 04:23 PM
On 2004-02-16 10:29, Armok wrote:
Sorry for the insults. I also hate Magic the gathering, Baseball and all kinds of pokemon card games.

Oh and I will try the game. However if it aint up to par expect an even more abusive rant.

This child has a small range of likes.

navci
Feb 16, 2004, 04:39 PM

Well. For the few of us who cares about the back story (check out Fan Work's story discussion), EP 3 has a very, very rich and deep storyline unlike EP1&2. It doesn't really matter about the C.A.R.D technology. The story lies in the characters themselves, you get to know them, listen to their story as they tell you about it bit by bit. You get attached and you wanna hear more. Trust me on this.

And. Check out my excellent (and only) guide on S-characters! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KaFKa
Feb 16, 2004, 06:51 PM
...the reason most people use yugioh as an analogy for most card based games is because the complete lack of strategy and creative thinking.

pokemon was an OK game, especially because there is actual creative thinking and stragegy was a must. most people nowdays dont like pokemon, but they stll respect the card game for what it was.

but then theres magic the gathering. unless you're a complete idiot, this game holds something for everyone. it has a great backstory to it. (yes, good enough to have a whole series of books published for it) and it also boasts the best creative thinking and strategy-based mentality in the card game genre.

ep3 (although i hate it because of the reasons it was made) probably has a better battle system than most card games. it has a much better storyline as well. all in all, i myself will probably rent it to see the storyline.

geewj
Feb 16, 2004, 11:29 PM
On 2004-02-16 04:48, Deathscythealpha wrote:

BTW, why does everyone use YU GI OH! for the card based analagies these days? Why not those D&D loving Magic: The Gathering Freaks

Hey, back in the day Magic The Gathering was an awesome game. When we were all still new, nothing beat a couple of good old fashion Craw Wrums dukin it out.

Murdercall
Feb 17, 2004, 06:18 AM
ST orginally started PSO for an online community not really for a storyline. PSO was probably the first online game ST ever made so it must've been hard for them to think of a storyline and get the game online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Murdercall on 2004-02-17 03:21 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Feb 17, 2004, 06:31 AM
On 2004-02-16 20:29, Prof_Frink wrote:

BTW, why does everyone use YU GI OH! for the card based analagies these days? Why not those D&D loving Magic: The Gathering Freaks

Hey, back in the day Magic The Gathering was an awesome game. When we were all still new, nothing beat a couple of good old fashion Craw Wrums dukin it out.

Dont worry, i wasnt putting 'Magic: The Gathering' Down, i was just trying to point ot that everyone gets wrapped in calling Ep3 a YUGIOH! clone, normally in some of the more insulting ways. Im not sticking up really for the card game, just trying to show you shouldnt go around bashing stuff and calling the players 'wierdos' and stuff just cause you dont like it.

I did like the art on Magic cards, some top notch stuff there. I still have my 'Touch of Death' card pinned up on my wall at home just for the great picture (i think a mate gave it to me just cause i liked the picture in the end).

KodiaX987
Feb 17, 2004, 08:06 AM
I played Yu-Gi-Oh! and to me it basically plays out much like Magic. So there's no probl if we stick it all in the same bag.

Honestly, I would've preferred a tactics version of PSO. Sure, this genre has been overdone especially on the GBA and there isn't much flexibility to the system but I'm confident that ST could probably whip up something good with that nevertheless...

BogusKun
Feb 17, 2004, 12:25 PM
On 2004-02-16 20:29, Prof_Frink wrote:

I always hated that stupid card game... then PokeMon came out. Ugh. I have Magic cards in Japanese want em?