PDA

View Full Version : this can't be good :-(

Spectre-Fox
Feb 17, 2004, 04:10 AM
this character is omits game closing normally.
item,data ect...is elinated
how did this happen and how do i fix it
its only on my force character plz someone help i don't wanna lose em hes lv 85 !!!

BOmar
Feb 17, 2004, 07:17 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=71648&forum=3&10

Rich_T
Feb 17, 2004, 05:36 PM
at a guess you powered off without saving.
you have probably lost all unbanked items.

Spectre-Fox
Feb 17, 2004, 06:16 PM
well everything thats equiped is still on my character however none of the unequiped items are and this is around town now fighting i have everything how do you explain this and how do i fix it ?

Rich_T
Feb 18, 2004, 02:16 PM
this character is omits game closing normally.
item,data ect...is elinated
how did this happen and how do i fix it
its only on my force character plz someone help i don't wanna lose em hes lv 85
theres nothing you can do, there gone.

If the game doesnt exit to the "now saving " screen usualy from an FSOD/switching the console off, or a power cut, you will loose all unequiped items.
this occurs on all versions of PSO from the Dreamcast ver1 right through to the current versions.

If you dont exit PSO by the save screen for whatever reason ( game freeze, power cut, failiure on your part to read the instructions/understand the basic game play elements)
then you will loose all unequiped items that your charatcer is carying.
there is nothing you can do to get them back, once there gone there gone.
this happens to prevent easily duplicating items.

Basicly you should never carry more that what is required for the section of the game you are playing, and if you are carying two mags ( raising one) put the un equiped one back in the bank before you quit the game.
only cary the weapons you need for the game session/area, and keep the messata you carry down to a minimum by putting excess in the bank.
that way, all you will lose if the game freezes (FSOD) re-sets ( common problem on Dreamcast pso) or does anything else it shouldnt are:
dimates/trimates/fluids etc.

There was also another problem on the dreamcast that i havent seen on the gamecube so far, sometimes the server would delete your entire inventory of all equiped and un equiped itesm and everyhting you had in the bank, you would only have 5 monomate/monofluids a basic LV1 weapon, a LV5 mag and 300 messata.
if the game deletes your stuff theres nothing you can do about it, its just one of those things, however you can ease the pain a little:

Start a new character ona separate memory card
Give that character some items that would be useful for quick leveling if your origanal card gets corupted, also give it some other items that would be useful if your main character loses items due to FSOD