PDA

View Full Version : hmmmm....

ilr2000
Feb 17, 2004, 11:08 AM
I was goofin around in ruins today. (went level 190, w00t), and I picked a silence claw. The weapon is a rela POS, but since I was just goofin around I decided to take on a few rooms with it. Heh.. I had to admit... it was doing some pretty mean damage, with hard attacks at 550, and criticals over 700. After I fun with that I decided to whip out the ol' Heart of Poumn and see how that faired in Ruins. (I had never tried it before). I was really shocked when they were fallin down pretty damn fast.

I made a revelation about weapons in general right then and there. Cuase I was using my BKB the moment before... and the thing I notice about twins is that they have a REALLY generous range when to comes to hitting enemies to the side and such. In fact I've noticed that when you have a twin in your hands you can start swinging into a blob of baddies and do pretty well, dispite the fact that it only strikes one enemy at a time. In a weird way, it plays both the parts of the multi enemy weapon and the single enemy weapon at the same time. However, whenever taking on isolated baddies, or enemies in few numbers... I can waste em faster with the HOP (no joke). However, if there's more than three, the BKB will do the job better. However STILL!!--- if I switch to my red sword, I can take down three enemies with even greater ease.

So I've reached this conclusion about weapon types..

Multiple enemies: Swords are easiest, Twins are so so, and sabers/claws are teh yuck.

Single enemies or few numbers: Sabers/claws are easiest, twins are so so, and swords are teh yuck.

I can now see why people defend the twin as being such a potent weapon... because even though it's never the best weapon for the job, its good enough almost 100% of the time.

However I'm quite impressed with how the claws handle solitary enemies, or enemies in pairs. I'm going to try carying my HOP in conjuction with my Red Sword to see if that will render better results.

epeon
Feb 17, 2004, 03:03 PM
i kinda underestimated the power of claws, that was before i've found my dragons claw. it's cool

lain2k3
Feb 17, 2004, 03:17 PM
You forgot slicers! they teh pwn the mines!

and twins pwn bosses.

ilr2000
Feb 17, 2004, 05:02 PM
On 2004-02-17 12:17, lain2k3 wrote:
You forgot slicers! they teh pwn the mines!

and twins pwn bosses.

@_@ I totaly forgot about slicers. Yeah... they be hunter's only ranged multi enemy weapon. They used to have spreads too.. but ST fixed that little gameplay problem.

Slicers rock the house when used at the right moment. I toyed around with slicers a whole bunch in my earlier levels, and in a full game being in the back can actually put you in a pretty lethal position. You have time to launch all three attacks, and boy oh boy does that thing bounce.... hehehe