PDA

View Full Version : FOmar and weapons...

Bibi2k4
Feb 17, 2004, 11:54 AM
I'm wondering about what can be a good ultimate worth weapon??
Until now i'm level 90 and i'm using a Hildeblue's head but i'd like to be able to hurt those damn monsters with a little something else than techs (that's why i made a FOmar at the beginning...)
By the way i have a Redria,Skyly and Pinkal characters so i can get some weapons i believe...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Any suggestions are welcome!!

Ketchup345
Feb 17, 2004, 12:15 PM
You could use a Double Saber (a few IDs including Redria gets it from Hard Barba Ray), or hunt for some Red weapons, such as the Red Handgun and Red Saber.

KaFKa
Feb 17, 2004, 12:25 PM
ketchup, Vhard nano dragons (redria) are a much easier drop IMO

as for the 'best' FOmar wep, get a double saber and (if you can get your hands on one) a Vjaya

VulpesMundi
Feb 17, 2004, 12:27 PM
First off I recommend a high POW MAG, if you plan to use weapons. Some God/Arm units for accuracy would also be a wise choice. Now as for weapons the FOmar is limited, but has some decent choices. Here's what I would recommend you look for...

- Any basic mechgun-class weapon with 50+ Hit and preferrably with the Charge special. You can randomly find 50/50 mechguns in the shop at level 77+ in Ultimate. If Skyly is the active ID, you can't buy mechguns from the shop. And Skyly rarely finds them from enemies and boxes. So make sure to use your Redria or Pinkal to look for mechguns.

- Holy Ray (rifle). Your Pinkal can find this from Ultimate Dal Ra Lie. This sucker is about as strong as a Red Handgun, but with better range and the highest base ATA of any gun in the game.

- Rainbow Baton (slicer). Your Redria can find the magic rock "Iritista" from Ultimate Forest Hildetorrs. Use it on a 50+ Hit basic slicer-class weapon to make the Rainbow Baton. Powerful slicer, and the confusion special is really effective at distracting groups of enemies.

Those are pretty much the only three weapons an accomplished FOmar will ever need. Use them in conjunction with high levels of Shifta, Deband, Jellen, and Zalure and you've got one heck of a self-sufficient character at your disposal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2004-02-17 09:35 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Feb 17, 2004, 12:28 PM
On 2004-02-17 09:25, KaFKa wrote:
ketchup, Vhard nano dragons (redria) are a much easier drop IMO

as for the 'best' FOmar wep, get a double saber and (if you can get your hands on one) a Vjaya

I went through caves 20+ times, not a single Double Saber. I gave up that way, tried the Barba Ray, and got it within 12 kills. The Temple isn't that bad, and isn't as annoying as the Caves.

Also, I don't think FOrces can use Vjayas (they can only use two Partisans).

The Holy Ray may be a better choice for a gun, and the Rainbow Baton could be very useful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-02-17 09:31 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Feb 17, 2004, 12:29 PM
...(if you can get your hands on one) a Vjaya

FOmars can't use the Vjaya. That's hunter-only.

silvermax
Feb 17, 2004, 12:30 PM
fomar cant use a Vjaya

but he can use a soul eater

*you guys are fast, or im slow*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: silvermax on 2004-02-17 09:33 ]</font>

Bibi2k4
Feb 17, 2004, 12:32 PM
I have a red saber but i'm very far to be able to use it...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
For the double saber and vjaya,i have both of them but it's just that untl now i've found that they do very little damage...however,it's true that the double saber has a cool special ability for a force!!
I've tried Elysion too but i'm not very conviced by it...on the other hand,is there a good (and not too hard to get...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) cane or rod that boost Mind well??
I have Club of Laconium,Agni,Indra,Dagon,Hildebear's,Hildeblue,Ma ce of Adaman.
I've also tried Angry Fist but it's a little bit suicidal in Ultimate Caves at my level...Ouch http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zelgadis
Feb 17, 2004, 02:00 PM
I opted to go with the weaponless casting. My magic is maxed at 152....yet again. I need to finish my mag and hit 156 so I can wear the best parasite wear. I wonder if anything will be able to hurt me at all when I do that....

Bibi2k4
Feb 17, 2004, 02:26 PM
Well thanks you all for your help!
I'll probably look for the "Rainbow" alternative or the Holy Ray (well if Dal Ral Lie is nice enough to give le one...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

PaleKid15
Feb 17, 2004, 02:31 PM
You should do very hard redria caves runs. You could get:God/body-nar lily(help your def), magic rock moolah(use on a cane for good mst boost and +30% basic techs)-poison lily,double saber with good percents-nano dragon, devil tech-pouilly slime, and God/arm-pan arms. All of that stuff should help you alot and none of them should be hard drops (I got every single one of those in less than 10 runs and an hour of piping). Plus, it's all in one area so it's quite convenient. Hope this helps.

Bibi2k4
Feb 17, 2004, 07:07 PM
Well i have equipped 4 God mind so i'm not really looking for the god body since i've used a lot of DEF mats so far but i have 2 of them sleeping in my bank so i will give it a try.The double saber is way to slow for the ultimate in my opinion,shame since the special is cool...I'm still lokking for a moola so i was already doing addicting food since 2 weeks but still unlucky http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
God arm would be cool since i also have a hunter but here again,i'm unlucky...argh!!
For the moment i'm using Elysion when playing in V Hard and Hildeblue's Cane for the Ultimate.That's the best options i have for the moment i believe.
I'd like to create a Twinkle Star or something like that but i need the special stones for that so i will have to wait for the moment...lol
by the way,does Caduceus is worth the try or is it useless?

Genoa
Feb 17, 2004, 07:15 PM
On 2004-02-17 09:29, VulpesMundi wrote:

...(if you can get your hands on one) a Vjaya

FOmars can't use the Vjaya. That's hunter-only.

Item Database says RAcaseal can use Vjaya... anyways, You forgot Soul Banish Vulpes! That's the pwnzer! An Agito is good too. Holy Ray is awesome, Rainbow Baton *drools* (must have... someday), Angry Fist is nice in battle/slimes. Mechguns, that's good with everyone. A good magic-boosting weapon should still be with you even if your just meleeing. Incase of an emergency. I have Twinkle Star for that. But... i'd say the most important weapon for FOmar would be Soul Banish... (my opinion) I can keep my oponents back with a charge on my 3rd blow, and I hit everyone! Which is always good. And it's a partisan! Not some inaccurate sword. An Agito looks really cool on FOmar.

lain2k3
Feb 17, 2004, 07:20 PM
only use soul banish if you have 25% hit or more, it wont be worth it otherwise.

Genoa
Feb 17, 2004, 07:23 PM
*scatches another line on the wall* another FOmar ATA hit... anyways, my FOmar has low ATA but Soul Banish is still accurate IF you do a regular, regular, heavey. Even on ruins.

lain2k3
Feb 17, 2004, 07:30 PM
On 2004-02-17 16:23, MegamanX wrote:
*scatches another line on the wall* another FOmar ATA hit... anyways, my FOmar has low ATA but Soul Banish is still accurate IF you do a regular, regular, heavey. Even on ruins.

>< you CANT hit in ruins with 208 ata, and yours isnt even that...

lol, how many scratches we got up there now? 30?

Genoa
Feb 17, 2004, 07:32 PM
My ATA with it on is like... 190 something I think. I manage to still hit them. But i've never seen a charge attack hit if I do it the 1st and/or 2nd time. Only 3rd blow. And it's many many FOmar hits... (on the ATA atleast...)

Bibi2k4
Feb 17, 2004, 07:34 PM
Hmm good ideas indeed!However,i've tried the Angry Fist and i've found it very hard to use it in Ultimate since you must meet the ennemies VERY close....lol
Agito is very nice that's true but it's a bit slow. (should get a second God Battle since my only one is on my Hunter)
The Soul Banish sounds cool (i love the art work) but it's insanely hard to drop since i can only get it in Ultimate Control Center and i will never make it with my level 91...
The combination of Slicer (rainbow something...forgot the name,sorry!) sounds also cool but there again i need the stone to make it and after more than 250 hours of play and 3 differents ID i'm still looking for my first one...
Holy Ray is kept by Dal Ral Lie an i'm not sure i'll be able to kill her with just a 91...my MST is 950 and i have something like 540 HP...will it be enough??

Genoa
Feb 17, 2004, 07:38 PM
The HP is good enough, A slicer would be nice to kill that sucka with. And i'd highly recommend giving that God/Battle to your FOmar. Seeing males have crappy Katana animations/speed, I'd give to him. And um...yeah....

Ketchup345
Feb 17, 2004, 07:41 PM
On 2004-02-17 16:34, Bibi2k4 wrote:

The combination of Slicer (rainbow something...forgot the name,sorry!) sounds also cool but there again i need the stone to make it and after more than 250 hours of play and 3 differents ID i'm still looking for my first one...

Rainbow Baton.

Only Redria Forest Hildetorrs drop it. They can be piped, which makes it a bit easier, but is still a semi-hard drop (Heyf00l's guide says 1/21; and Sounomi gives it a 7* rating while items such as the Red Handgun are 2* and Heyf00l gives those a 1/2).

Bibi2k4
Feb 17, 2004, 07:44 PM
yeah it was a possibility to give it to him (or get another one he he he...) but since i don't really have an uber weapon for him i still haven't done it...whar are the weapons you're using on your FOmar?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bibi2k4 on 2004-02-17 16:45 ]</font>

Genoa
Feb 17, 2004, 07:48 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1940
a few more bugs I have to work out... seeing I based everything off the item database... which is pretty messed up. But the primarly good weapons on the list are correct. Only some things are not correct on there. I'll figure them out later. Until then, this guide is pretty accurate. You can look up what items you want/can get.

Bibi2k4
Feb 17, 2004, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the link and good work on the guide..whatever option i shall take i will need to be at least level 100 for the items combinations weapons...
Thanks also for the info on the drop rate of the Iritista Stone.I had already seen that it was an hard drop when looking for the God Battle:12 Forest of Sorrow quests and 0 Hildeltor...all this won't be easy as it seems...
I've also seen that the Rainbow Baton will be the most efficient with a level 130 character or more...

Genoa
Feb 17, 2004, 07:58 PM
? are you talking about the combination? Doesn't matter if it's a slicer or a diska. It's only like that because they make it easier on higher-level characters (sorta a reward...). The photon ratio is not effected by the weapon combined with the magic stone. Grindings a pain if you don't save them... I need to save mine...

Bibi2k4
Feb 17, 2004, 08:01 PM
so the only thing that matters when making the combination is the Grinding of the "base weapon" and its attributes in order to have an efficient Rainbow Baton...that's right??

Genoa
Feb 17, 2004, 08:07 PM
correct

Bibi2k4
Feb 17, 2004, 08:12 PM
Good...then i'll give the Rainbow Baton a try if i can get the stone to make it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Thanks a lot for your help!

Eihwaz
Feb 17, 2004, 10:00 PM
Hmm, Vulpes more or less said what needs to be said.

I prefer Red Saber to Double Saber. Maybe I'm just stupid, but I really like that nice accuracy and strong damage. And looks, too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Red Handgun will work VERY well as soon as you get into Ultimate; it's likely that Mechs won't do much damage until you level up a bit. Of course, Holy Ray is FAR superior, becuase of it's long range and high accuracy.

Soul Banish (preferably with hit), or a High Hit% Rainbow Baton will do wonders for crowd control. Although, right now I just use Soul Eater...>.> Also, if you have one, A Plantain Huge Fan would be pretty good...too bad it looks really weird...

Off topic a bit, but can you get a Soul Eater with 60% to everthing (including Hit) in Ultimate? I heard this somewhere...

azngamer648
Feb 17, 2004, 11:23 PM
Wouldn't Grass Assassain's Sabers be easier to find and A LOT stronger than Double Saber? Just Wondering.....

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 17, 2004, 11:44 PM
On 2004-02-17 16:58, MegamanX wrote:
? are you talking about the combination? Doesn't matter if it's a slicer or a diska. It's only like that because they make it easier on higher-level characters (sorta a reward...). The photon ratio is not effected by the weapon combined with the magic stone. Grindings a pain if you don't save them... I need to save mine...

I'm not sure what your saying here, but the percents on the Rainbow Baton will be exactly what the Diska, Slicer etc. was... so make sure you use a REALLY good slicer to combine the stone with.

navci
Feb 17, 2004, 11:46 PM
On 2004-02-17 20:23, azngamer648 wrote:
Wouldn't Grass Assassain's Sabers be easier to find and A LOT stronger than Double Saber? Just Wondering.....

Double saber's special is TP-absorb, and that is a better special for FOs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Plus, a lot of people do prefer twin sabers over twin swords... so maybe Double Saber is a better choice there.

Pretty much what everyone said here. Er, mind you Iritista might not wanna drop. So you might be in a long run if you want it. (I lost count of how many FoS runs I have done, no Iritista)

Er. If you can get yourself a decent pair of dagger, they are pretty good also. (Pan Arm's blade, or Twin Chakram) They hit 6 times, and for a FO, the more times you can hit, the better.

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 17, 2004, 11:49 PM
On 2004-02-17 20:46, navi wrote:

On 2004-02-17 20:23, azngamer648 wrote:

Double saber's special is TP-absorb, and that is a better special for FOs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Plus, a lot of people do prefer twin sabers over twin swords... so maybe Double Saber is a better choice there.

Pretty much what everyone said here. Er, mind you Iritista might not wanna drop. So you might be in a long run if you want it. (I lost count of how many FoS runs I have done, no Iritista)

Er. If you can get yourself a decent pair of dagger, they are pretty good also. (Pan Arm's blade, or Twin Chakram) They hit 6 times, and for a FO, the more times you can hit, the better.

Yup, I went through 12 Hildetorrs before I gave up on the stupid thing. It's good, but I dunno if its quite worth the trouble. You be the judge.

Bibi2k4
Feb 18, 2004, 07:18 AM
well as i said anyway i'll need ot reach the level 100 before making the weapon so i'll make enough FoS to reach that level and see where i am at that moment before deciding what to do...Before doing a full Mind Mag i was using one that was able to make me equip the Red Saber and honnestly,even if i could hit very very often,the damages were far to be tremendous so most of the timen,techs damages was the solution...Holy Ray is very tempting but since it's a boss drop i'm affraid i'll have to make the level again and again and the caves are very very long to go through...twin Chakram is ut of the IDs i have i believe (get to check anyway) and i don't have Plantain Huge Fan so i can't try it.
About the Grass Assassin's Armsit's way to slow for ultimate.If i mist use a "slow" weapon,i'll use the Double Saber for the TP stealing,that's quite sure.
Twinkle Star would be nice for the Mind boost i believe but here again i need a special stone (grrr) to make it so same problem...lol

PaleKid15
Feb 18, 2004, 12:57 PM
Sounds like you need a God/Battle too, that fix all of your speed problems. Ok, I already gave you some items you can start looking for now and find pretty soon, so these are for th long haul.

Morning Glory/Red Saber
Double Saber/S-Rank Twin
Holy Ray/Red Handgun
Soul Eater/Soul Banish/Madam's Parasol/Madam's Umbrella
Charge Vulcans-50 hit or more

You'll need a Guard Wave or Luminous Field for armor.

Secret Gear or Merges for Barrier (The good Barriers are REALLY hard to find)

As for units, definitely God/Battle. DO NOT USE GOD/MINDS! The only time you should use a God/Mind is to learn a tech. 40 MST might add 3 damage. It's not worth it. If your techs aren't lvl.30, Devil/Technique is quite useful.

Bibi2k4
Feb 18, 2004, 03:46 PM
well i'm actually looking for the Holy ray (beaten Dal Ral Lie 4 times already and get 3 monomates and a Telepipe...woot!!)
I'm already using the Secret Gear and it's a quite good shield.
The speed problem is resolved since i've found another god Battle so i will not need to swap it between my characters http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I know that i really lack a good armor but i stil haven't found an interesting one...Luminous field can be dropped by tollaw i think but i'll need to kill TONS of it to get it (have already made the Forest areas 20 times...)
Madam's Umbrella and weapons like that are mostly dropped in Ultimate Seabed and i'll never make it there alive...lol
About the god mind,it's just that i have nothing really more usefull to use than them...Ogre power won't do nothing without a good weapon.I don't have a God Arm (wish i had one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
I have 2 God Body but i'm not very sure about using them.
My quest for the Magic Rock Iritista has been very useless...I've made the quest for 6 hours and i haven't seen a single Hildeltor http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

navci
Feb 18, 2004, 03:50 PM
Madam's Umbrella and weapons like that are mostly dropped in Ultimate Seabed and i'll never make it there alive...lol

Madam's Umbrella is female only.... *shakes angry fist at ST*

About the god mind,it's just that i have nothing really more usefull to use than them...Ogre power won't do nothing without a good weapon.I don't have a God Arm (wish i had one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
I have 2 God Body but i'm not very sure about using them.
My quest for the Magic Rock Iritista has been very useless...I've made the quest for 6 hours and i haven't seen a single Hildeltor http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

If you don't have good units, quest for a God/HP! (you have a Skyly, no?)

And yes, FoS can get vey frustrating. I'd say go pipe for a Torr, but if you are also looking for a God/Battle you might as well kill them stupid Hildelt and get some exp. *sighs and the lack of Iritista*

zepher
Feb 18, 2004, 03:56 PM
I don't know really, because I have a FOmarl that have a double saber and its pretty good. Because then she can actually engaged in close range combat with the help of shifta & deband.

Bibi2k4
Feb 18, 2004, 03:56 PM
Yeah God Hp can be a good idea,i didn't thought about that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
That's true that the Umbrella is Female only (my force is a man...) so i never really bothered about finding it anyway...lol
the problem with piping is that it can damage the disc drive of the G Cube and create a fatal error stoping the game...it happenned 2 times before so i don't pipe anymore!

Bibi2k4
Feb 18, 2004, 04:01 PM
hmm the double saber is cool no doubt about it and it has a great special ability but in the Ultimate caves,it's a little bit too weak to melee with just that weapon...

Bibi2k4
Feb 18, 2004, 04:02 PM
in comparison,my Hunewearl is 10 levels behind my FOmar and also in the Ultimate Caves but with her Demolition Comet,i have absolutely no problem to make the level again and again and again...

navci
Feb 18, 2004, 04:32 PM
On 2004-02-18 13:02, Bibi2k4 wrote:
in comparison,my Hunewearl is 10 levels behind my FOmar and also in the Ultimate Caves but with her Demolition Comet,i have absolutely no problem to make the level again and again and again...

Well your HUnewearl is actually a hunter, so no problem in ATP, or ATA or DEF or HP there.

I mean, even if you don't melee you still have the ability to kick some serious ass with your techs! SO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bibi2k4
Feb 18, 2004, 04:40 PM
LOL...yeah you're right!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genoa
Feb 18, 2004, 05:25 PM
I'd recomend taking your highest lvl. character to Normal and go to the store. 3 things determine what kind of weapons you can buy. Level determines Photon Ratio and Grinds. Area and section ID determines what kind of weapons you can find. And Difficulty determines what performance of the weapon your going to get (like handgun to autogun, saber to brand.) On normal, you can find the starting photon weapons (green), some semi-good (blue) and some high-performance (purple). Try to get a Slicer that has good Photon Ratio. Higher lvl. the character, the better the weapon's status will be. I found a Handgun with 45%hit once in the normal store with my lvl.122 RAmarl.

Bibi2k4
Feb 18, 2004, 05:38 PM
hmmm i didn't knew that...thanks a lot for the info it might be usefull!!

lain2k3
Feb 18, 2004, 09:17 PM
Doubkesaber is quite good enough for a melee weapon. My fomarl has roughly 650 base atp, and with shifta and zalure I can kill any monster in offline caves and forest and temple in one combo with doublesaber. the special will require about 30% hit at least to be useful for a fomar. doublesaber has awful ata. other than that, it's a good weapon.

Bibi2k4
Feb 19, 2004, 08:18 AM
well i have only one Double Saber it has the great stast of a nice 0/0/0/0/.....woot...lol
Today again,i'll try to get an Holy Ray from Dal Ral Lie...wait and see! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Bibi2k4
Feb 19, 2004, 02:37 PM
by the way my mag stats are DEF 44,POW 6,Dex 6,MIND 144 and it's a Nidra.
My base stats are:ATP 402,DFP 287,MST 966,ATA 109,EVADE 409
If it can help to decide of a good weapon,thanks a lot!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genoa
Feb 19, 2004, 07:03 PM
On 2004-02-18 18:17, lain2k3 wrote:
Doubkesaber is quite good enough for a melee weapon. My fomarl has roughly 650 base atp, and with shifta and zalure I can kill any monster in offline caves and forest and temple in one combo with doublesaber. the special will require about 30% hit at least to be useful for a fomar. doublesaber has awful ata. other than that, it's a good weapon.

no, it doesn't need hit! I use my Double Saber and yes, I actually hit the enemies with it! As long as you use a regular hit 1st. And um, your animation on your final hit is slow, i'm guesing you HAVE to use a heavy attack on your 2nd blow to knock them back far enough to do a 3rd blow ?! Not really trying to knock down FOmarl or anything, i'm just using it to redeem FOmar.

Bibi2k4
Feb 20, 2004, 08:31 AM
same for me here...as you can see my ATA isn't great but i can easily hit if i begin with a soft hit before beginning the hostilities!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif