PDA

View Full Version : high timez

Spliffman
Feb 17, 2004, 12:31 PM
last night I was playing online with a couple of mates, smokin and playin forest to ruins. We found a few rares, but nothing really good, playing as my id skyly. My friend who is a force was pissed cause we hadn't found one rare he could use lol.

Anyway we were playing ruins 2 and this is where the most amazing thing I have ever seen happened. Right before my (red) eyes, a gran sorceror drops a red box, I run to it and it was a special weapon for forces. My mate went ballistic, at last, something I can fucking use!!! He went up to pioneer 2 and tekked it, and it was a psycho wand!!!! One of the rarest weapons on the game, and we just stumbled across in a half-assed stoned rumble through episode I.

Just wanted to share this story with you, so it gives some rare hunters a little hope. The 12 star shit is there, you just never know when it'll pop up.

peace

LoreSeeker
Feb 17, 2004, 12:41 PM
So maybe the secret is that one must be stoned to find 12 stars? Hmmmmm....

Spliffman
Feb 18, 2004, 07:14 AM
1 reply, wow, you lot really aren't interested in a good find story are ya!

rena-ko
Feb 18, 2004, 07:20 AM
people just hold back their envy because any force wants a psycho wand.

anyway, congrats on your find. awesome luck, seeing the drop chances...

Arislan
Feb 18, 2004, 07:21 AM
NAh, just busy cooking dinner and playing more Episode 3, trying to get a decent enough deck together that I have a chance at the Dengeki tourney. I want that set of trading cards!

Spliffman
Feb 18, 2004, 07:29 AM
thank you very much. To me this is a big event my pso history and I wanted to share it with y'all. No offense, but I think too many people here are obsessed by drop chances and beat times, and miss the fact that a rare xcan drop at anytime, anywhere. My story just proves that point.

peace

Arislan
Feb 18, 2004, 07:58 AM
Agreed. While I have a Skyly for the infintesimal chance that a J-Sword may drop, I still play by the reason that I enjoy doing so, and not to go hunting for a specific rare. Although whenever I see a Sinow Beat on VH, I do tell it in a very stern voice that it needs to drop it's arms. They don't like listening apparently.

Congrats!

PJ
Feb 18, 2004, 08:22 AM
By all means, I would love a Psycho Wand. No, not for any of it's, "Techno-stat-boosting mumbo jumbo," but for it's uber cool looks ^-^ Haven't found one though... maybe I should pipe Mils?

Congrats anyways ^_^;

darthsaber9x9
Feb 18, 2004, 08:38 AM
On 2004-02-18 04:14, Spliffman wrote:
1 reply, wow, you lot really aren't interested in a good find story are ya!

to be perfectly honest, no

Flint
Feb 18, 2004, 10:56 AM
Good find man, thats exactly what i want those damn scorcerers to drop for my Skyly so i can give it to my FOnewearl. I only get rares off of the Arlan's and Claw's (crappy Dragon SLayers and Silence Claws) and one Delsaber's Arm, but you've just given me inspiration to keep trying!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Congrats!

Spliffman
Feb 18, 2004, 11:30 AM
nice one flint, that was the exact point of this thread, to give others hope. We weren't looking for a psycho wand at all, not even thinking one could drop here (to be honest, I didn't even know gran sorcerors dropped it), and it just dropped outta the blue. If it happened for us, it could happen to anyone. Hell, we were all so stoned I'm surprised we even recognised the red box lol.

peace

Flint
Feb 18, 2004, 11:48 AM
On 2004-02-18 08:30, Spliffman wrote:
We weren't looking for a psycho wand at all, not even thinking one could drop here (to be honest, I didn't even know gran sorcerors dropped it), and it just dropped outta the blue.

Yeah, i think thats my problem, i know the odds of it dropping... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nai_Calus
Feb 18, 2004, 12:29 PM
Nice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

...My FOs don't want a Psycho Wand, actually. </freak> The Dark Bridge's HP drain annoys me enough when Zero uses it for Seabed, and it takes half the tech's cost out of HP instead of all of it. And Zero has 1201 HP. XD It's like the FO version of Berserk, I guess, lol.

I got some vague encouragement last night too. Nothing horribly special, just a Moola that dropped in a Soul Blade that nobody else wanted, but considering my eternal lack of finding anything... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Maybe that MKB really will drop someday. XD

Spliffman
Feb 18, 2004, 02:44 PM
yeah man, the mkb is a bitch to get hold of. I've been looking for that ever sinve ver2 on dc, and never found one. Oh well, we can't have everything;)

nice one man, peace http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cc08
Feb 18, 2004, 03:25 PM
Very nice find man... that is disgustingly rare

BatistaROBO
Feb 18, 2004, 04:16 PM
I never imagined that getting stoned would be the secret to getting uber rare items. And even if it isn't, youll be drugged up enough to think you found it!
Seriously though, some people have all the luck. They find 11 and 12 star rares without even trying. While there are poor people piping for Mil Lilys for months just looking for that accursed wand. Sure it must be good, but it couldnt be worth THAT much time and effort.

Armok
Feb 19, 2004, 06:38 AM
I got a df field yesterday that i didnt expect. I was sure that Redria Merlans dropped something rubbish.

As for your PW drop. Nice going its the only duped rare I bothered to get while I was online