PDA

View Full Version : Lets blast through with sonic speed!

goku4ever
Feb 17, 2004, 12:34 PM
Sonic heroes!!
dudu dudu dududu

I got this game today and its ace man!! if u like sonic then get this!!!

(btw that bit at top is bit of main song)

KaFKa
Feb 17, 2004, 12:40 PM
played it. hated it. took it back to blockbuster to get my money back. (even though i rented it)

just my 2 cents

goku4ever
Feb 17, 2004, 12:41 PM
duuuuude how can u h8 it?

BogusKun
Feb 17, 2004, 01:10 PM
Not like the origianl sonic's. Not appealing enough. Not multiplayer enough... dozen reasons

Deathscythealpha
Feb 17, 2004, 01:59 PM
Im a big Sonic Fan, and Sonic Heroes was sadly disapointing. Its not really that fun playing as 3 characters at once, the story is really feable (compared to Sonic Adventures), levels seem to be too long and you easily get board of running through a Sonic Level for 15mins+. You also get alot of levels that have you relying on the grinding way to much, theres no skill to it and its boring.

Also, Tails has the worst voice ever! What happened to the original voice actor/actress? They arent the one who died were they (i heard that Dr.Robotniks voice actor had died just after SA2 came out, but maybe someone got the two mixed up).

Marit
Feb 17, 2004, 02:09 PM
It's an okay game, bought it cause it *is* after all a sonic game. They just need to get back to centering on the blinding speed. It really sucks to be going along at a nice clip then BAM have to stop and switch to tails or knuckles (or, who ever).

I mean heck, I liked the sonic games cause I got to play sonic! Ahh well, they're getting better. This one's more speed/action based than adventures was. I have high hopes for the next sonic game.

Daikarin
Feb 17, 2004, 06:21 PM
On 2004-02-17 10:59, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Im a big Sonic Fan, and Sonic Heroes was sadly disapointing. Its not really that fun playing as 3 characters at once, the story is really feable (compared to Sonic Adventures), levels seem to be too long and you easily get board of running through a Sonic Level for 15mins+. You also get alot of levels that have you relying on the grinding way to much, theres no skill to it and its boring.

As long as there is no irritating radar blinking when we search for emeralds, or those idiotic shooting levels on SA2 or SA.

The game seems to be purely speed, unlike the SA which forced you to play with knuckles in his tedious exploring levels, or with Tails/E-102 with the irritating shooting levels.

The graphic design is less realistic, with checkered grass-fields and a colorfull palette just as in the first games. Sonic's model is the best I've seen in 3D, with the shiny skin. I hated his extremely dark blue spikes on SA2.

The sound is speedy. Not something epic, but the tunes will stick in your head for days. BGM effects such as the mushroom in S & K games is back!

The control is slightly better than SA, the camera is better, altough not perfect.

The storyline looks good. Metal Sonic is back!

My only complain, aside from the fact that there's no japanese voices on GCN version, is Sonic and gang's look on the FMV.

They were way cooler on the FMV's of the Adventure series.

Oh well.

Overall, the best 3D sonic game, IMO.

Zzzzzz
Feb 17, 2004, 06:53 PM
I don't like it as much as the other ones.
You can't run as fast as Sonic normally does,
you grinde walls like Knuckles and
you can't fly that high.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 17, 2004, 07:04 PM
Personally, I'd like to see another Sonic game made strictly in the spirit of the original series, but with the 3D atmosphere. I mean come on... Just how long has it been since we've had the option to turn into Super Sonic at any given time? Ten years now? Something around there? I can't speak for Sonic Heroes, but the only time we've seen Super Sonic in 3D has been in final boss fights. That's good and all, but I'd much rather tear down the Emerald Coast with him.

Which, thinking about it, if you CAN turn into Super Sonic in Sonic Heroes... That could be interesting, but I'm thinking that the general format of the gameplay would greatly hamper that Super Sonic experience; trading it for a different experience all its own. In other words: Not quite what I'm looking for.