PDA

View Full Version : If I hadn't Invented the Wheel...

HotWaterDeath
Feb 17, 2004, 06:36 PM
Gracious, I hate it when people fail to give credit, where credit is due. Or worse, utter the dreaded "Well if they didn't do it then someone else would've." Bloody nuggets! its already a part of history!

If John Mayer invented TV Dinners and ways to preserve and ship them across this green Earth, then by golly, you can't say "Well someone would've picked up the slack." because John Mayer (I don't know why I used that name) was in fact, the father/creator of mass-produced TV dinners.

Just my thirty-five cents.

Thank you and good night.

_Ted_
Feb 18, 2004, 12:12 AM
Uhhhhhhhh.......What? What exactly was that about, is there something that I'm missing here?

KaFKa
Feb 18, 2004, 03:01 AM
basically, hes saying that people are ignorant to the point that they dont give people credit for their accomplishments.

just the other day i had gotten two syncestias (in the same room even) and made myself a double cannon (one of the few rares i dont have). then one of my friends that plays pso comes by, and i show him my accomplishment.

"Oh, cool. too bad i have a better one."

"Really? did you find it?"

"Yeah"

"Vega floor, right?"

"So. its still better than yours."

totally disregarding the fact that the double cannon itself is hard as hell to get. The same thing happened when i had unsealed my SJS.

but this goes past that. the fact that one person invents something revolutionary is something great. but with todays ignorant society most people dont realize the significance of it.

for instance, scientists are working on a new type of fusion. using lasers to produce power. the significance is amazing. when confronted with this knowledge, most people are thinking "okay, good for them? if they dont do it someone else will" but the fact of the matter is that there is only one known group of scientists working on this. if they stop, most likely it will never happen.

sorry for going off on a tanget, but thats somewhat what he/she is saying.

Guile
Feb 18, 2004, 03:21 AM
So your telling me you invented the wheel? Very nice.

Maybe they were just the first to get it out there, many times more than once person is inventing the same thing.

Armok
Feb 18, 2004, 05:16 AM
I curse the man who invented gun powder the whole modern age started with that A.hole

KaFKa
Feb 18, 2004, 05:59 AM
On 2004-02-18 02:16, Armok wrote:
I curse the man who invented gun powder the whole modern age started with that A.hole

you mean the chineese dude? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

gunpowder is so significant that its impact on modern society is almost impossible to calculate

Armok
Feb 18, 2004, 06:25 AM
Its a spiral of hate. All leading back to this invention.

Arislan
Feb 18, 2004, 07:17 AM
Alright then, no cars for you. Or fireworks. Or factories. Or plastics. Without the invention of gunpowder, none of the resulting inventions would have been at all possible. The "spiral of hate" you escribe stems from men who used this black powder for unintended (but brilliant) uses, not the inventor himself.

HotWaterDeath
Feb 18, 2004, 07:59 AM
On 2004-02-18 00:21, Guile wrote:
So your telling me you invented the wheel? Very nice.

Maybe they were just the first to get it out there, many times more than once person is inventing the same thing.

If only I had invented the wheel. Just think of the royalties I could collect on such an invention.

Truthfully, I think I was just pissed at my friend for not acknowledging the pure genius of Ian Mackaye and Guy Piciotto (Whose prior bands inspire the bulk of modern underground music.) One can't say "emo" would've come about without the influence of Embrace and Rites of Spring (The end product of that influence is pretty lame though if you ask me.), because it so happens that those two bands defined and established that medium.

There I go ranting and raving again.

To the gentleman/or lady above talking Syncesta's...I feel your pain. It seems that no one appreciates some good ol' hardwork in weapons craft anymore. I think your friend is jealous.

KodiaX987
Feb 18, 2004, 01:59 PM
On 2004-02-18 03:25, Armok wrote:

Bullshit posts. You forgot to take into account the following:

-Swords
-Bows
-Crossbows
-Knives
-Axes
-Stones
-Slings
-Catapults
-Ballistas
-Battering Rams
-Fists
-And so on and so forth...

Shitty job for a spiral of hate!

Wewt
Feb 18, 2004, 02:59 PM

What about the guy that invented hate for his fellow man/woman?

Guntz348
Feb 18, 2004, 03:07 PM
On 2004-02-18 11:59, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

What about the guy that invented hate for his fellow man/woman?

I think that man would god, no?

AUTO_
Feb 18, 2004, 05:54 PM
On 2004-02-18 02:59, KaFKa wrote:

gunpowder is so significant that its impact on modern society is almost impossible to calculate

Actually the answer is 6.

But seriously, people found ways to hate/kill each other before gunpowder was introduced.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2004-02-18 14:57 ]</font>

Guile
Feb 18, 2004, 07:20 PM
On 2004-02-18 10:59, KodiaX987 wrote:

Bullshit posts. You forgot to take into account the following:

-Swords
-Bows
-Crossbows
-Knives
-Axes
-Stones
-Slings
-Catapults
-Ballistas
-Battering Rams
-Fists
-And so on and so forth...

Shitty job for a spiral of hate!

Fists?!
You can kill or harm a person with anything really, You don't need a sharp thing or a gun. I can throw a shoe at you to try and kill you! Curse who invented the shoe?
Plus gunpowder is'nt just used for guns..

KodiaX987
Feb 18, 2004, 09:40 PM
I know. Let's ban everything that might be potentially harmful to us.

*Earth blows up*

Mission accomplished, motherfuckers! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guntz348
Feb 19, 2004, 01:23 AM
On 2004-02-18 16:20, Guile wrote:

Fists?!
You can kill or harm a person with anything really, You don't need a sharp thing or a gun. I can throw a shoe at you to try and kill you! Curse who invented the shoe?
Plus gunpowder is'nt just used for guns..

Or you can do what I do and just run them down with a '78 Cadillac De Ville. Damn near 5000 pounds of detroit steal barreling down on you at 50 miles an hour, you don't stand a chance.

Firocket1690
Feb 19, 2004, 02:59 AM
lol
Whatever.

For all I care, I can say
"I invented PSO !!"
That's not giving credit to Sega, but who cares ?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Armok
Feb 19, 2004, 09:46 AM
Gunpowder lead to the start of modern Science.

Modern science is responcable for all the evils of the world.

Basically science will lead to humanity ending much early than if nature had taken its coarse.

Arislan
Feb 19, 2004, 10:05 AM
Actually, the Printing Press lead to the start of modern society and the modern sciences, creating the ability for anyone who wishes in mankind to become literate and further society in a positive manner. Gunpowder was around long before this, and was simply another step along the way in man's scientific evolutionary history. Important, but not the catalyst for modern science.

KodiaX987
Feb 19, 2004, 10:27 AM
On 2004-02-19 06:46, Armok wrote:
Gunpowder lead to the start of modern Science.

Modern science is responcable for all the evils of the world.

Basically science will lead to humanity ending much early than if nature had taken its coarse.

You're dense. I don't think I need to back up my statement.

BogusKun
Feb 19, 2004, 12:01 PM
On 2004-02-18 23:59, Firocket1690 wrote:
lol
Whatever.

For all I care, I can say
"I invented PSO !!"
That's not giving credit to Sega, but who cares ?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I invented CODES!!!

But that's not giving credit to Bar6 is it?

Haha... Well, it's in human nature to steal credit... That's ho most guys get attention from women. Eh?

~meh

kingmurp
Feb 20, 2004, 09:50 AM
On 2004-02-18 18:40, KodiaX987 wrote:
I know. Let's ban everything that might be potentially harmful to us.

*Earth blows up*

Mission accomplished, motherfuckers! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

W00t!!1

Besides anyway it's ideas that lead to most violent solutions. Weapons are just a way to say I'm right by default, cuz you're dead.

Armok
Feb 20, 2004, 10:32 AM
I think the fact that it led to Europe being able to basically conquer the whole of Africa and the Americas made more of a inpact. I can hardly see the hand full of Spanish winning against the million plus of Aztec without the advange of having massive cannons and musketts.

Thats all i got to say.

Most influential invention.

Oh and heres a fact for you

Native Americans never invented the wheel and didnt domesicated horses until Europeons landed there.