PDA

View Full Version : What is the bestest Force wep?

Ellis
Apr 16, 2001, 11:10 AM
sorry , i know this must have been done a thousands times , but im newish and cant be assed to go through all the pages here, even though id like too. Anyway does anyone know what the best weapon is for a Force? ive got a pshyco wand that a friend gave me but its a bit sh1t! (looks good and cheep spells tho , but weak) has anyone had a really decent weapon they use or used as a force? just wondered what i should be aspiring to!

magenta
Apr 16, 2001, 11:20 AM
well i usually go for non-force weapons..

IMO my double saber has served me well since it can multiple enemies, and can do 7 hits in total i.e. 2 hits per move...plus you dont have to have the enemy directly in front of you..good for panic attacks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

cant wait for a twin brand (a better version of double saber). also looking for pan arms..

for force specific weapons..pyscho wand and chaos sorcerors cane ups the ATP considerably well...and have good special attacks...but i dont have them yet..fire sceptor agni is a bit on the useless side.

Omege12
Apr 16, 2001, 11:57 AM
Well Double Saber is probably best force weapon. It also steals tp ya know magenta, twin brand doesn't do that. But at a low lvl I suggest a wand. Just equip it for the MST bonus, but don't attack with it. Just fill your buttons with spells and fluids. Hope this helps.

SaitoH
Apr 16, 2001, 12:07 PM
Anything with TP steal. Geist raygun, double saber, c-sorceserer's etc. If you can download the japanese easter quest you can get the very nifty Sting tip! It has tp steal as well.

Though, I must add that the ultimate force weapon has to be the FRYING PAN! Yup, not only stylish it makes a lovley *thwonking* sound. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

magenta
Apr 16, 2001, 12:31 PM
Well Double Saber is probably best force weapon. It also steals tp ya know magenta, twin brand doesn't do that.

well i would gladly sacrifice tp stealing properties for a considerably higher hit damage.. i think double saber adds +195 to your ATP, while twin brand adds +285.. this would be a welcome since my ATP has MAXED out (at 483 or 485?..aieeeee!!!)..and its very hard goin at vhard ruins even with double saber.

pan arms also looks good.

SaitoH
Apr 16, 2001, 12:48 PM
On 2001-04-16 10:31, magenta wrote:
pan arms also looks good.

Pan arms look awesome on a FOmarl. They run with their right arm tucked behind their back. So lady like! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_biggrin.gif

Lmnopia
Apr 16, 2001, 02:02 PM
BARE HANDS!!! fight nude!!

DCKaz
Apr 16, 2001, 02:32 PM
Yeah I personally want pan arms..
Also for FOmarls (other forces can't use) the infernal bazooka shoots quicker than one would think. Also I've done some real damage with photon charged rare machine guns, and geist ray/machine guns are a good idea too.

I also just started playing with a double sabre but it's a bit slow in swing and I get hit a lot.. it's quite nice when a few creatures remain frozen though.. you can really stack up the TP regain. My next move is to dl those quests (I'm guessing one still can) and try the sting tip. And try to trade for c-sorc or pan arms..!

DCKaz
Terra Prime 71 FOmarl

Core
Apr 16, 2001, 02:52 PM
running away!

Sporin
Apr 16, 2001, 03:22 PM
I use the double sabre or Geist Raygun, both ground (grinded?) to max. TP regen is a must with the price of fluids.

But techniques are slow to get off, don't do as much damage as good hunter weapons, and don't have the range of Ranger weaps. Yes, Gifoie will eventually hit multiple targets, after the Rangers and Hunters on the team have all killed them. I have a L60 FOmarl and I have to say that Forces suck! Either that or I'm doing something really wrong!

SaitoH
Apr 16, 2001, 03:59 PM
On 2001-04-16 13:22, Sporin wrote:
I have a L60 FOmarl and I have to say that Forces suck! Either that or I'm doing something really wrong!

Forces don't suck. You just have to realize that they aren't as powerful as the other classes. If you are having problems try not playing your force like a hunter. Stay back and use lotsa spells and damn the TP. If moneys a problem (can't afford fluids) ask someone for some. I usually have close to 1 million meseta and don't mind sharing. Just remember that everone loves a person casting healing/shifta/deband on them, especially androids!

Out of my 4 characters, Aviendha, is by far my favorite. Not the most powerful but the most fun for me to play. Hope this helps. =)

Ellis
Apr 16, 2001, 06:04 PM
thanks for the replies everyone, thats given me food for thought! i love my force, they r quality!

Wu
Apr 16, 2001, 08:38 PM
FYI: Twin Brand is Hunter only.

For my force I like either my Mind Repeaters with good % or my Geist Raygun. Keeps me away from the action so I dont get pummled, good TP steal from both, as well as having decent power.

H2
Apr 16, 2001, 10:52 PM
I think repeaters/mechguns with high % are some of the best weapons in the game, period.
If you are high level, just keep checking for them in the shop and then grind them to +20.

With a my 50% repeaters, my lv. 100 FOnewearl can kill all basic enemies with two normal attacks. She can take down Vol Opt's second form before he can even get an attack off.

If you want to melee, Pan Arms are the probably the best things you can get- especially if you have a god battle (my FO's Pan Arms will take down basic forest enemies with a hard-normal combo or one hard critical).

H2
Apr 16, 2001, 10:59 PM
Oh yes. I just want to add that the Sting Tip is junk, like most "force-only" weapons, even though with shifta it'll max your ATP to 999. A hard critical with my Sting +45 does less than 400 damage, and the range is too short for comfort. You'd be better off with a high % DB's saber!

havoc
Apr 17, 2001, 01:46 AM
The only weapons I ever use are my geist and hell rayguns, double saber, and whatever weapon has the best dark %, also the c-sorcerers cane is great, Im still looking for one...

VampireLR
Apr 17, 2001, 06:22 AM
You need to rip the Sorcerer's Arm to get C-cane, legitimately anyways. it's labelled as "C. Sorcerer Arms" but Double Saber is the best force weapon. Unfortunate Magenta-san, Force's can't use a twin brand. :/

Omege12
Apr 17, 2001, 07:42 AM
Forces don't suck at all! Once you get a lvl 15 spell, you'll see. They are soooooooo faast...

Khaotika
Apr 17, 2001, 09:43 AM
I normally use a Varista.. heh

But I like the Sting Tip and C-Sorcerer Cane as well. Double Sabers are also good. Nothing beats a good Geist Raygun, tho. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

-Khaotika!

"Damn, keep forgetting to transfer my Double to Lucca..."

Lmnopia
Apr 17, 2001, 10:11 AM
is there a open window i feel a breeze

DCKaz
Apr 17, 2001, 01:06 PM
I'd say you're doing something wrong, I usually lead with my quick casting area spell hits. Note your range and spell casting speed will improve over time.

cheers,
DCKaz
Terra Prime 71 FOmarl

The_Saint
Apr 17, 2001, 01:53 PM
Bestest force weapon?
Club of Laconium.
'cause its so Damn rare.
yup.
That's it.