PDA

View Full Version : equipment guides for each class

iamthehbomb
Feb 18, 2004, 09:25 PM
Anybody else notice that the guides for suggested ideal equipment for all the classes suck? Anyone out there thought of submitting a new set of guides? It would be nice to get some suggestions for each class from other experienced PSO players on nice findable rares. Leave your ideas in this thread.

lain2k3
Feb 18, 2004, 09:31 PM
All rangers:
yasminkov 9000
spread needle
frozen shooter

god/battle
cure/1
cure/2
cure/3

best stat armor and shields you can equip.

bam, done.

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 18, 2004, 09:33 PM
First off, there is no such thing as an "ideal" equipment for a character. The whole point of PSO is to play however you like, thats the idea behind all the different weapons. Of course, some people may argue that certain weapons are "staples*", but thats their opinion. What I've been looking forward to seeing for awhile is an Item Description Guide. Something that does more than just show its stats. For instance in depth explain some of the weapons weaknesses and its strengths. For instance, something along the lines of:

Morning Glory
Easiest Find: Greennill Pouilly Slime
Weakness: Has no special, not available until Ultimate. Has poor animation with Male characters. Need 700 ATP to equip.
Strengths: Has about 550 ATP. Females have an exceptional attack animation.

Note: This was off the top of my head, so if the information I listed is incorrect then feel free to correct it, but don't bug me about it.

*"Staple" means a Must-Have item. Such as tech disks are a "staple" element of a Force. That make sense? I couldn't think of a good example.

lain2k3
Feb 18, 2004, 09:49 PM
I belive the point of those guides is for optimum efficency, and thats why I posted the list I did.

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 18, 2004, 09:55 PM
On 2004-02-18 18:49, lain2k3 wrote:
I belive the point of those guides is for optimum efficency, and thats why I posted the list I did.

I know, I started typing that up before you posted. I'm just saying that the "optimum efficency" can easily be argued about. So thats why I said a Item Description guide might be more useful.

iamthehbomb
Feb 18, 2004, 11:14 PM
Come on people - gotta be some more ideas out there.

Nai_Calus
Feb 18, 2004, 11:26 PM
The thing with that list is that it's intended to be used in conjunction with another guide for maxing stats, and not as a stand alone be-all end-all.

I've actually been poking at a list of recommended equipment for characters at different level ranges... Of course, my opinions vary wildly from those of others, so anything I eventually produce is of course to be subjected to endless disagreement, and the list is hindered by my lack of experience with certain classes - I have never had a serious RAcaseal or HUnewearl, for example, my instances of several classes are very low level, and my highest character is a L129 Force. Which does give me good insight into low-medium level equipment. And since I -am- a filthy dirty dupe-user at times, I do have access to and experience with many of the 'uber' weapons, and thus opinions... Anyone willing to PM me input on this is welcome to do so. Especially high-level char recommendations and lowbie equip.

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 19, 2004, 12:08 AM
On 2004-02-18 20:26, Ian-KunX wrote:
The thing with that list is that it's intended to be used in conjunction with another guide for maxing stats, and not as a stand alone be-all end-all.

I've actually been poking at a list of recommended equipment for characters at different level ranges... Of course, my opinions vary wildly from those of others, so anything I eventually produce is of course to be subjected to endless disagreement, and the list is hindered by my lack of experience with certain classes - I have never had a serious RAcaseal or HUnewearl, for example, my instances of several classes are very low level, and my highest character is a L129 Force. Which does give me good insight into low-medium level equipment. And since I -am- a filthy dirty dupe-user at times, I do have access to and experience with many of the 'uber' weapons, and thus opinions... Anyone willing to PM me input on this is welcome to do so. Especially high-level char recommendations and lowbie equip.

Sounds good, if you need help I'm more than willing to give ya some input. Perhaps you should also get some input from other veterans here at PSOW? Kef, Zarana, Vulpes, Sounomi, SilverMax, just to name a few.

Soukosa
Feb 19, 2004, 12:26 AM
If you ask me there is no ideal or most efficent setup for the classes. It's all going to come down to what level the character is, the area being played and most importantly the player's preferences.

silvermax
Feb 19, 2004, 03:22 AM
those equipment guides arnt all that great, but i dont fallow them either, Ive learn what kind of things work for me from my time spent playing.

just gota feel your way through what kinda equip works good in your own opinion.

I perseonaly think that any Physicaly adept char, should have a set of Mech guns with hit, but some people dont like mech guns, and use a handgun or a Sword... some people swear by Double saber type weps, im kinda turned off by their semi slow natured combo

opinions opinions =p

Armok
Feb 19, 2004, 07:02 AM
I think the ideal equipment list is quite good. I play mainly as a hucast and can say this of the ideal equipment:

HUcast
Weapon
Lavis Cannon (sigle foes untekked is great)
Chainsawd (hp steal makes better than Red Sword)
High Hit % Charge Vulcan (best weopon)
Red Handgun (best for bosses like falz)
Diska of Braveman (havent tried but berserk spec is good)

Armor
D Parts ver 1.01 (35 atp bonus)

Units
God Battle (essicial)
PB/Create (makes M&Y come quicker)
God Power (to help get to that 1639 max quicker)
God Ability (to make stats)

Shield
S Parts ver 2.01 (15 ata bonus nuff said)

KingChaos
Feb 19, 2004, 11:30 AM
HUmar:
Weapons: Black King Bar, High Hit Vulcans (Charge), Lavis Cannon or Red Handgun
Armor: Aura Field
Shield: Kasami Bracer
Mag Stats: 30 Def, 110 Pow, 30 Dex and 30 Mind

HUnewearl:
Weapons: Heart Of Poumn, Twin Blaze, Holy Ray or High Hit Vulcans (Charge)
Shield: Safety Heart
Mag Stats: 40 Def, 80 Pow, 30 Dex, 50 Mind

HUcast:
Weapons: Black King Bar, High Hit Vulcans (Charge), Berdysh or Red Handgun
Armor: Eletro Frame
Shield: Kasami Bracer
Mag Stats: 40 Def, 120 Pow, 40 Dex

Hucaseal:
Weapons: Black King Bar, High Hit Vulcans (Charge), Lavis Blade, Red Handgun or Berdysh
Armor: Electro Frame
Mag Stats: 40 Def, 100 Pow, 60 Dex

RAmar:
Weapons: Guld Milla, Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle or Yasminkov 7000V
Shield: Standstill Shield
Mag Stats: 30 Def, 80 Pow, 60 Dex, 30 Mind

RAmarl:
Weapons: Guld Milla, Spread Needle, Frozen Shooter or Holy Ray
Mag Stats: 30 Def, 70 Pow, 50 Dex, 50 MInd

RAcast:
Weapons: Guld Milla, Snow Queen, Spread Needle or Yasminkov 7000V
Shield: Standstill Shield
Mag Stats: 25 Def, 125 Pow, 50 Dex

RAcaseal:
Weapons: Guld Milla, Spread Needle, Frozen Shooter or Yasminkov 7000V
Mag Stats: 40 Def, 100 Pow, 60 Dex
FOmar:
Weapons: Psycho Wand, Sorcerers Cane, Bringers Rifle or Soul Banish
Shield: Tripolic Shield
Mag Stats: 40 Def, 80 Power, 40 Dex, 40 Mind

FOmarl:
Weapons: Psycho Wand, Summit Moon, Madams Parasol, Bringers Rifle or Sorcerers Cane
Mag Stats: 40 Def, 60 Pow, 40 Dex, 60 Mind

FOnewm:
Weapons: Psycho Wand, Bringers Rifle, Summit Moon or Sorceres Cane
Armor: Smoking Plate
Shield: Tripolic Shield
Mag Stats: 50 Def, 50 Pow, 50 Dex, 50 Mind

Fonewearl:
Weapons: Psycho Wand, Bringers Rifle, Summit Moon, Magical Piece or Sorceres Cane
Mag Stats: 40 Def, 40 Dex, 120 Mind

Genoa
Feb 19, 2004, 08:07 PM
blah, who cares about Ideal Equipment. It's what you like is what you wear. But i'm making guides to Character Equipment. Every rare weapon/armor each character can wear. I have a few errors but that's The Item Databases fault.... which eventually points the finger to Saladwood. She's incharge of DB. But I think you can get a good idea of what you want when I finish those time consuming lists... when will the errors be fixed! I cannot complete my work until that time!

Ketchup345
Feb 19, 2004, 08:12 PM
I may make a suggested equipment guide; one that has reasonable items for each character. Obviously I would have to put that it is just a suggestion, and based off of people's opinions on what some useful items are (such as Frozen Shooter is recommended by everyone; so that's automatically up there, especially since it is an easy pipe).

I think the level group one(s) would be a bit long.

Genoa
Feb 19, 2004, 08:24 PM
I think it's obvious what weapons are best for each character, you just have to think about it in your head for a bit to know how... but many people are too lazy and need guides...

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 19, 2004, 10:14 PM
I doubt anyone using one of these guides will ever legitimately obtain any of the items on there anyways... know what I mean http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I just wish somebody would update the database with fresh new info and add some more content to it.

iamthehbomb
Feb 20, 2004, 12:30 AM
Hi again.

Um, the reason I created this thread is because many people would find more indepth guides useful. I didn't want people to read the topic and start complaining/bickering. (Its truly amazing that people use just about anything on these boards to start arguments with each other). Anyways, I didn't necessarily want anyone to make new guides -- but put some helpful ideas in this thread. You see I'm offline and all three of my IDs are in Ultimate, but those three only allow me to acquire a select group of rares. So, there are many weapons, armors and shields I haven't used or even seen in action. I thought this topic could provide varying perspectives on what are fun, effective and cool looking equipment sets.

It seems some items are extremely overrated (Heaven's Punisher), and some are equally underrated (every rare slicer). Often its hard to cut through all the bullshit and determine if a rare is truly worth its weight. People with high level characters or many IDs could help out greatly in this regard. I just want some fresh ideas on items to pursue rather than the typical lavis cannon, black king bar, red sword, frozen shooter, spread needle, etc. (most of these rares are a pain in the ass to get legitimately anyway).

Here's my HUcast's equipment set to get the ball rolling. By the way, I'm one of those people who like having many, if not all of a character's items to match or have a theme. I'm kinda of obsessive compulsive that way. I mainly used silver and blue items with some black thrown in there on this dude.

Silverbolt
MAG: Teal Lv. 200 power Pushan - brings out the color in that Skyly ID crest haha
COSTUME: Silver with black outlining and fin-head.
ARMOR: Guard Wave(4 slots)
SHIELD: Kasami Bracer - doesn't match all that well, but its really useful
WEAPONS: ChainSawd, Bravace, Diska of Braveman

Lemme see some more of your guys ideas.

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 20, 2004, 12:45 AM
Sorry about the bickering, it's true us folks like bickering. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyways, heres my current equipment on my Greennill RAcast. I'm also offline only.

Thadius v1.6 Level 112
Weapons: Frozen Shooter, Arrest Arms, Yas 3k, Morning Glory
Armor:
Guard Wave
God/Arm
Hero/Ability
Hero/Ability
Hero/Ability
DB's Shield (has more DEF than my spiritual shield)
Mag: Nidra (20/100/80/0)

Is that what you were looking for?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsudo_Plat on 2004-02-19 21:47 ]</font>

silvermax
Feb 20, 2004, 01:45 AM
well then i supose...

Amy Level 135
Weapons: Yas 3000r, Spread needle, 50hit charge gats
Armor:
Guard Wave
God/Arm
Hero/Ability
Metal body
Ogre power++
Secret Gear
Mag: Diwari (5/145/50/0) Nidra (25/100/50/25)

and when ever i find a God ability, Ogre power will take a hike, and a God body will take the place of Metal, some day

RadiantLegend
Feb 20, 2004, 11:54 AM
Humar (lv 147) [skyly]
(blue outfit....green hair)
ancient saber, Demo comet, red handgun, red sword, red slicer
Brightness circle
God arm ^_^ (skyly found)
God body (virida found)
God body (virida found)
God battle (redria found)
Secret gear (-_-')
savitri [5/145/50/0](green head...blue body)