PDA

View Full Version : People who ocmplain about their problems yet make no effort

Cowboy
Feb 19, 2004, 01:49 AM
When I was in elementary school, I got called gay, as most kids called eachother for some reason. (Maybe they were not smart enough to think of an original insult?) I ignored that, so alot of the kids started making fun of me for, at the time, me being chubby. I did'nt have much patience for bullcrap, (and still don't) so I immediately told the teacher. Did the same thing every day for about 2 months.

Two kids in particullar were the worst. At the time all this was happening, my dad was going through a rocky divorce with his soon to be ex wife, who was a manic depressant alchoholic, and who had not payed her taxes for 2 years and owed over 25 grand. Finally, one day I was tired of it. The boy that made fun of me the most came up to me and punched me in the arm and called me a fat faggot. I told my teacher, and she said she didn't see it, so she couldn't do anything about it. I told her (she weighed at least 300 and had spider veins coveringb her body) that that didn't suprise me. "I'd have a hard time seeing anything through five punds of lard on my face too. I thought youd be able to relate to them making fun of me, what with you being as fat as you are." I got a parent teacher conference. My dad came home calling her a piece of crap( I'll refrain from using his real language). The day after the conference, the same boy came up to me, and rubbed my shoulder. I told him that he had better keep his hands the hell of of me, or he'll regret it. He rubbed my shoulder again, and said "Ahh come on faggot, you know you wanna gived it to me., then he pulled my chair out and punched me in my stomache. I lost it. I got up, punched him as hard as I could on the side of his neck, then kicked him till the teacher took me off of him. I got sent to the deans office, told him what happened, and he said that he understood, and would talk to my teacher, but that he had to do something, so i got suspended for 2 days. When I came back to school, noone ever messed with me again that year. My teacher never was a bitch to me, and the kid i beat up ended up getting made fun of the rest of the time we went to that school.

After the divorce was final, my dads ex moved to lake city, fl. about 45 minutes away from where my dad and i lived. she took my little brother with her. I'd spend every other weekedn with her. My dad would drive to lake city, and drop me off friday night. She ahd to work until 4 pm, so I couldnt come till 7.... she was too busy drinking lord calvert and coke, crying, smoking, and watching lifetime those 3 hours to spend time with me... I'd get dropped off, shed tell me to look in the fridge for something to eat, then shed go in her room, lock the door, and id smell cigarette smoke coming out of her room till about 10 oclock, when i guess shed pass out. I'd make myself a sandwhich, if there was even enough to make that, eat it, watch tv, and go to bed on the couch. She had didnt want me sleeping in my lil bros bed, even though hed visit my dad, because she didnt want to have to wash the sheets. The next day, shed wake up, take me to walmart, buy a few things (usually 2 liter bottles of coke for her drinks) and ask me to get something. This would go one of two ways. If I said i didnt want anything, she would cry, in the store, and go on about how i did not love her until i did get something. if i never did, shed never stop crying until we got to her work. If i got something, shed be all happy about it, then wed go out to her isuzu trooper, get in, and shed tell me "you dont love me. you wouldnt care for me if i hadnt bought you that. after about 8 timnes of arguing with ehr about this, i finally gave up and just started telling her she was being stupid and id ignore her.

Then wed go to her work, because apparently she couldnt take time off to spend time with me, and shed put me in the break room, where i would sit for about 6 hours with nothing at all to do. (i wasnt allowed to bring my gameboy, she ddnt want to get in trouble with the bosses becuase that thing makes sooo much noise) Shed get done with work, pick me up, stop by a few of the doctors offices in the hospital and flirt, then shed drop me off at a coworkers house to spend the night. Usually the coworker was a piece of crap person, (and only once had i ever met a nice one, and that kind woman appologized for how my mom treated me, and said she hoped things would get better, and that shed drive me home if i wanted to go. i took her up on that offer that time). The next morning Kim (my dads ex) would pick me up, usually with a headache and wreaking of alchohol and smoke, then wed go to her house, and about an hour later my dad would pick me up, and id finally go home. Finally, about 3 years ago, my lil bro and Kim moved to Illinois. I never visited her, because she couldnt afford the plane ticket, even though shed fly down to florida once a month to see her brother. My bro would visit maybe twice a year. He would, however, call my house about once a week, and complain about the crappy way he was being treated. (We later found out that my little brother had been hit by Kims boyfriend, and one xmas he almost didnt come voer because she put him in a mental hospital because he punched kims bf back. he was 10 years old, her bf was 47.i dought he did much harm) Finally, one day Kim calls my dad at work. Shes slying down to florida with all of my lil bros things, and if my dad doesnt come pick him up at the airport, shes putting him up for adoption. My dad picked him up, and this is when i snapped. James, my bro, got moved in, and i pretended like evrything was fine for about 7 months, other than me not talking to kim on the phone.

Finally, one day she was driving by on her way to see her brother, she stopped in, said hi, and asked me how i was doing. i still remember the conversation.

"Hey, son, how have you been doing? I havent talked to you in a while?" She got all teary eyed, and tried to lay a guilt trip on me, came up and hugged me, and said i needed to change. My ass.

"I'm not the one that needs to change, and im about to be doing a whole lot better." I pushed her off of me
"All my life, you have never done anything but try to make everyone around you take pity on you, and all the while been a total bitch. Youre selfish, youre a manic depressant, youre an alchoholic, youb have a severe addiction you cigs, you have no job, you only care about yourself, and you never try to change. Dont you dare ever call me son again. I have tried my hardest to help you my entire life, and done nothing but be there for you in every way i could., yet you always shut me out, blamed me for your problems, however ridiculous that reason would be, and treated me like a piece of unwanted trash. I hate you. Youre a bitch, you threw away my brother, you sleep around, and youve become a piece of trash. Get the hell away from me"

She left crying, shot me a bird, told me she hoped i would die and burn in hell, then left.

I saw her two times later.

About a year later, she came by to pick up my bro for the day. She opened up the door, not knocking, came into my room, and had a neck brace on. she started fumbling through my things, and said i owe it to her to come with me.

"I dont owe you a damn thing. I havent even talked to you on the phone for a year. Get it through youre thick skull, i dont want you in my life. get the hell out of my room." she left, cussing me out on the way out. when my bro got home, i found out they had gone swimming with her bf. my little bro had to sit in the car while kim and her bf went swimming, because she had "forgotten" to bring enough money. he came home, and said that he saw her take her neck brace off. Gotta love the pity card. You see, her bf had had a broken neck about 2 months before that.

I talked to her on the phone today. she said she needed to talk to me, it was urgent. i got on the phone,and said "please get this over with". she cussed me out, told me i was worthless for not having a job, (i quit twon days ago since the place was moving, and i couldnt drive that far and still make it in time for school) she hasnt had a job in over 4 years, yet has a degree in radiology and is a liscenced cardio vasc technocian, as well as a liscenced nurse. i said" im done trying with you. youre never going to change, and i dont care anynore" and hang up.

_Ted_
Feb 19, 2004, 02:01 AM
Igg.... that doesn't sound to good...
Were you just ranting or did you want feedback or something on this?

Amiadon
Feb 19, 2004, 02:32 AM
I wouldn't have put up with that either. Just becuase someone is your mother, they have no right to treat you like that. Less right, even. I get along okish with my family, so I guess that's a good thing.

My opinion: Go Tracon! You told her!

Ness
Feb 19, 2004, 06:44 AM
I usual;ly don't read long post like that, but yours waqs worth it. I'm proud of you, Tracon. My mom always used to lecture me about my weight and how fat I was and I would always site there an take it. Finally I siad to her one day," You, mom, I lost alot weight since 7th grade and dad has lost alot of weight, but I haven't seen you lose anything. Maybe you could take all that energy you use lecturing people about their weight and put it to good use."

She agreed with me and never said anything about it again.

BTW, I know people who just sit around and complain about their situation as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2004-02-19 03:45 ]</font>

BogusKun
Feb 19, 2004, 12:16 PM
I saw some stories told on the old Jerry Springer... no not the 2 dolla dolla holla at me ho...

Even though the White Chinese Cheerleading chick with huge natural boobs was hot...

But it's about the super obese people. They complain about their weight. And they get depressed. And you know what happens when they get depressed? They eat and eat and eat, until they feel just like that bag (of mini-M&M's)... empty inside... excluding the obesity of fatness in them. Then they say... I want to lose weight, but I can't stop eating. Eating is my life...

Well you know what? EATING IS MY LIFE but I'm 140 pounds, I am lean, mean, and clean... and if that's your fucking excuse... then you deserve to sit there and cry? Why? Because not everyone can be lazy all their life. Get up, take your ass ouside and exercise. Anyone who is reading this with the same problems need to put the game contoller down... Get up off their LazyBoy's, and take a walk outside. Everyday. All day... then you should be running... then you should go from 500+ to 200 pounds.

Yes I eat the fuck out of all-you-can-eats. And I know I have a high motabolism rate than most people. I highly energetic. And all that energy is wasted on exercise. Biking, walking, running, personal physical training, swimming (when hot), weight lifting, martial arts, and kendo. And if you don't like doing what I do, find something to do. getting old quick isn't the answer. And it's annoying how I have to sit by knowing there is someone who is slowly killing themselves because "they want to be skinny and look good to other people, yet they get get off their ass and watch their diets".

I know there are some who accomplished their mission in trying and succeeded. I commend them...

God damn I can rant about anyone, all day... but for right now, I'm going to submit this post because I may get an auto-refresh soon so... whatever... Challenge my autority if you like... I'm looking for someone to talk to and debate!

navci
Feb 19, 2004, 12:41 PM
On 2004-02-19 09:16, BogusKun wrote:
But it's about the super obese people.

What about the ones that are genetically obsese, that count in your rant too? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

.... Though, it is so easy to just eat a lot when you are depressed.... you think it might fill the void inside...

BogusKun
Feb 19, 2004, 06:59 PM
On 2004-02-19 09:41, navi wrote:

On 2004-02-19 09:16, BogusKun wrote:
But it's about the super obese people.

What about the ones that are genetically obsese, that count in your rant too? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

.... Though, it is so easy to just eat a lot when you are depressed.... you think it might fill the void inside...

Man I eat for a hobby... and I don't have a single flab. Nope, not a tapeworm either!!!

Hell... I forgot about the genetic obese (in which I was going to comment that it couldn't be helped)

Although people with serious problems can't fully help themselves... I feel sorry for the ones who can, but fail to do zip/nada/nothing/zippo/jackshit.

I saw some people on Maury today after school who lost 100s of pounds. I congratualte them... Not to mention, I did mention that... so... that too have been covered.

What about those who can't find jobs? Well, be a bit more aggressive... and I'm not talking about kids who can't find one. I'm talking about the 28-30+ year olds who can seem to stop living with their mothers. Unless there is a handicap... I'm really directing myself towards the lazy asses who have potential to get out. I have a lazy uncle... and it's funny but... I have 2 aunts 1 uncle 1 cousin who are over 27 and can't seem to get the fuck out of my grandma's house...

This is fucked up...

My grandma's house

Who lives there?
Grandma
Uncle
Aunt 1 her 2 kids... 1 of those kids have 3 little kids...

Aunt 2 has my cousin+boyfriend... they have a baby.
(Of course my cousin is exceptional because they are looking for a place)

Of course it's different with my father because he got all the money in the world... But the rule of money states that I can't use it to help those who can't help themselves...

Like poor people... what the fuck? Why can't a poor guy just go out... find something to do, rather than just begging. There are a lot of people that get successful and famous just for doing stupid shit... Like Dave Chappell... He was corny up until the time he PRACTICED his acts out. Even Chris Rocked sucked... but he tried. And eventually became funny. But these poor people are looking sad begging for change... instead of getting out... saving a day.

Hell, at least if I were poor, I do something drastic like rob a *Censored* or go "Grand Theft Auto 3" on everybody... act out... DO IT. DO SOMETHING... and these smokers and alcoholics think that they can quit smoking and stuff like that...? NO, you just stop. My mother did. People LET themselves get addicted. That's why we have so many nut-cased children because these so-called parents never learn.

Disabilities... OK yes that's an excuse... But being old enough to make them when there really isn't an excuse... that's a lame excuse.

My teacher taught me that excuses suck, and there should be no excuse... and I hate her guts, too.

KodiaX987
Feb 20, 2004, 08:10 AM
Yvon Deschamps speaks about obesity. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My aunt - God she was fat, oh she was fat. She even had the flesh-eating bacteria for 20 years and hadn't noticed it!... It's the bacteria that died - it got so obese, the heart just quit!

BogusKun
Feb 25, 2004, 12:44 PM
Ouch, that's why huge people must better themselves.

Other countries ae somewhat competing against us by teaching hygiene and dietry.

Why can't America be like them...

Anubis_
Feb 25, 2004, 06:27 PM
Dam trix rabbit.. Why doesnt he just file a lawsuit against the the stupid cereal company..

opaopajr
Mar 4, 2004, 04:31 AM
this topic does the rants forum proud. do i agree totally? no, of course not. being older i know things aren't all that easy. but venting the spleen every now and again is good for the soul. bodes well for a quality rant topic.

but remember kids, don't go overboard in the self-righteous circle, for it's a circle we all share by turns and soon you too will be standing outside of it.

Armok
Mar 4, 2004, 06:30 AM
Smokers are the best example of this over 50% want to quit but just don't and go on ruining their lifes.

-Luke-
Mar 4, 2004, 01:58 PM
What really pisses me off are people who smoke like pussies. They whine that they want to stop, but say either they can or can't. If they say they can, they don't because they don't want to. (yeah, my ass http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif ). If they can't, its often cos they have never tried.

opaopajr
Mar 5, 2004, 12:55 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif obviously someone speaks without the knowledge of addiction.

try something addictive, as in begins to rule your life, and then try to successfully quit in one try.

it's nowhere as easy as it seems.

i recommend not trying heroin or crack (or nicotine or alcohol) for this experience. though it's hard to find anything as potent as drugs in this issue.

but to truly understand how potent smoking is read up on testimonials of heroin addicts. there were a few i read who were asked why they didn't quit smoking and many replied they tried, but it was an addiction as, if not more, potent than heroin. and since it isn't imminently destructive it's far more insidious. it's easier to give in. constantly eats at your mind and body's willpower, fascinating stuff!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: opaopajr on 2004-03-04 21:56 ]</font>

BogusKun
Mar 11, 2004, 01:05 PM
On 2004-03-04 10:58, -Luke- wrote:
What really pisses me off are people who smoke like pussies. They whine that they want to stop, but say either they can or can't. If they say they can, they don't because they don't want to. (yeah, my ass http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif ). If they can't, its often cos they have never tried.

My mother used to blaze it up when I was a witty bitty baby boy with a cute face http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

No she didn't "pass the weed" or anything like that. Just cigs.

She quit when she found out I was allergic to nicotine.

Shimarisu
Mar 11, 2004, 02:07 PM
I smoke dope, mixed with tobacco. I smoke it for depression. When I'm depressed I smoke it for weeks at a time, then I just stop. I don't crave the tobacco, and I don't get *how* it is addictive. I can stop for months. When I go to Japan, I stop for a month in advance so there isn't any smell of illegal drugs on me and no trace in my blood. My parents have smoked for years, my dad since he was 14, and he's 60 now. Says he can't quit. Mind you he has no smoking related problems, neither had anyone in my family and they ALL are/were heavy smokers. My grandad smoked pipes, therefore no filter, he lived to 75, died of old age. I think strong lungs run in my family, so I have little fear of cancer etc (I don't think I smoke remotely enough to get it anyway, bout 2-4 joints a day?) But then again, I STILL do not get the strong tobacco addiction prevalent in my family. My sister is pregnant and STILL can't quit her 20 cigs a day, and is having to see counsellors to quit. I mean, ffs? Just stop one day and not pick it up again! Don't go out to the shop to buy more - problem solved! Is that so hard?

- Shimarisu

BogusKun
Mar 11, 2004, 03:27 PM
Ouch, you were born in smoke huh?

Cowboy
Mar 11, 2004, 09:55 PM
the hell.. i thought this died. anyways, i dont care if someone smokes cigs, drinks, or does drugs. if they want to and they enjoy it, it doesnt matter to me.

What i dont agree with is those who do that and NOTHING else. Drug users do that, but so do drinkers and smokers. heck, theres people that sit around all day and do nothing but eat. ive known one man who weighed over 400 pounds, didnt have a job, and never did ANYTHING Qbut sit and eat. I disagree with it when these things go to the extreme, and when these people do nothing else, like my dads ex would do. I also disagree with it when this addiction hurts other, like smokers forcing their children to inhale the smoke, violent drinkers, or any addictees that become so emearsed in it that they will do anything to get it, and hurt those that get in their way.

And one thing i want to point out. Drug users are NOT the only ones that do this. Do drugs sometimes end up hurting others? Yes. Does alchohol and cigs do the same thing? yes. The drugs arent the problem, its the people using them.