PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Holy Ray requirements

Polar
Feb 19, 2004, 07:01 AM
Just looked at the stats for the Holy Ray: required MST is 680.
My RAmar's max MSt - IF I choose to max it - is only 665. Can he really not equip this? If I find one that is - I might not bother now. Although my FOmarl might like it ^_^.
EDIT - if he can't equip it, he's the ONLY non-android not able to. This is kinda unfair, given that he's the "best" ranger (highest ATA)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Polar on 2004-02-19 04:03 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Feb 19, 2004, 07:43 AM
On 2004-02-19 04:01, Polar wrote:
Just looked at the stats for the Holy Ray: required MST is 680.
My RAmar's max MSt - IF I choose to max it - is only 665. Can he really not equip this? If I find one that is - I might not bother now. Although my FOmarl might like it ^_^.
EDIT - if he can't equip it, he's the ONLY non-android not able to. This is kinda unfair, given that he's the "best" ranger (highest ATA)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Polar on 2004-02-19 04:03 ]</font>

i dont see how its unfair
he is definetly NOT the best ranger.
and besides theres better guns for rangers

Xeno_M
Feb 19, 2004, 07:44 AM
Well, for a Ranger there are alot better rifles you can use then a Holy Ray. I think its the only "rifle" that HU's and FO's can use (I forget if Angel Harp has rifle range or not). I use mine on my HUnewearl. Makes life in the East Tower a bit easier.

And i didn't know RAmar's max MST is only 665. If thats true, then obviously you cannot use the Holy Ray. But like i said, many better guns then that for a Ranger to use.

Bibi2k4
Feb 19, 2004, 08:21 AM
Give the Holy Ray to the Forces!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
You rangers have many many great guns or rifles to use (Frozen Shooter,etc etc....) so forget about this one!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Polar
Feb 19, 2004, 09:27 AM
lol thanks for the replies everyone.

Hrith
Feb 19, 2004, 09:52 AM
Angel Harp and Bringer's Rifle both have rifle range, I checked this after Sou scolded me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Soukosa
Feb 19, 2004, 12:26 PM
Only 3 rifles don't have rifle range: Egg Blaster, Yas 7kV, and Drill Launcher.

Caecilius
Feb 19, 2004, 02:22 PM
You forgot the Spread Needle and, if memory serves, the Yas 3000R...

lain2k3
Feb 19, 2004, 03:23 PM
yas 3k has rifle range, but spread needle doesnt.

and ramars are the worst rangers, not the best.

Soukosa
Feb 19, 2004, 03:46 PM
On 2004-02-19 11:22, Caecilius wrote:

Spread Needle isn't a rifle. Yas 3kR has rifle range.

On 2004-02-19 12:23, lain2k3 wrote:

That's a matter of opinion. There is no best class, weapon, whatever.

PaleKid15
Feb 19, 2004, 04:09 PM
On 2004-02-19 12:46, Sounomi wrote:

On 2004-02-19 11:22, Caecilius wrote:

Spread Needle isn't a rifle. Yas 3kR has rifle range.

On 2004-02-19 12:23, lain2k3 wrote:

That's a matter of opinion. There is no best class, weapon, whatever.

Well, actually it's fact. In what area is the RAmar superior? ATA. Do you really need to worry about missing with any RA? No. Thus his advantage is nullified. RAmarl has the most EVP and MST (of the RA's), lvl 20 techs, and is not significantly worse than a RAmar in any category. And as for their being no best class, yes there is. It's just that some people refuse accept the facts. It's the same way with ID's. The game is very circumstantial, but there is not that big of a difference in peoples experiences with characters.

[ends thread jacking here]

RAmars can't use Holy Ray and they have no reason to anyway. Holy Ray is a very useful weapon, but not for RAngers. BTW- I pity the fool who prefers RAmar over RAmarl.

Soukosa
Feb 19, 2004, 04:13 PM
On 2004-02-19 13:09, PaleKid15 wrote:
Well, actually it's fact. In what area is the RAmar superior? ATA. Do you really need to worry about missing with any RA? No. Thus his advantage is nullified. RAmarl has the most EVP and MST (of the RA's), lvl 20 techs, and is not significantly worse than a RAmar in any category. And as for their being no best class, yes there is. It's just that some people refuse accept the facts. It's the same way with ID's. The game is very circumstantial, but there is not that big of a difference in peoples experiences with characters.

All that right there was a matter of opinion. Not everyone is going to see things they way you do.

Polar
Feb 19, 2004, 05:52 PM
I'd like to apologise</sarcasm> to anyone who takes issue with my poorly worded definition of RAmar as the best ranger. Instead of just stating that they are the best because they have the highest ATA, I should have stated that they are the "best" because they have the highest ATA, which is a RAnger's defining stat (as in ATP for HUneters and MST for FOrces). I was in no way meaning that I though as RAmars as the definitive best character ever, period. Thanks for everyone who believes, as I do, that there's no point in petty arguments like this ^_^. And thanks for the replies.
But really... lowest MST in the game O_o didn't realise that...

Hrith
Feb 19, 2004, 05:54 PM
I pity the fool who prefers RAmar over RAmarl.
and no flaming/flamebaiting, ok ?

lain2k3
Feb 19, 2004, 06:29 PM
On 2004-02-19 13:13, Sounomi wrote:

All that right there was a matter of opinion. Not everyone is going to see things they way you do.

and the same thing goes for the spread needle's weapon classification. Quite a few people say it is a rifle.

Ketchup345
Feb 19, 2004, 06:32 PM
On 2004-02-19 15:29, lain2k3 wrote:
and the same thing goes for the spread needle's weapon classification. Quite a few people say it is a rifle.

My one statement on Spread Needle:
Just classify it as a Needle, especially since there is an S-Rank Needle. That will prevent everyone debating on whether it is a Shot or Rifle.

Back to the main topic:
RAmars do have better Rifles to equip (such as Frozen Shooter), and the Holy Ray, Angel Harp, Bringer's Rifle are more for other classes who don't have anything with that range (There is a good difference between Handgun and Rifle range).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-02-19 15:34 ]</font>

Genoa
Feb 19, 2004, 06:42 PM
Holy Ray, C-Bringer's Rifle, and Angel Harp are all good for forces. And some HUs. But rangers get better. Kind of like how Soul Banish is better for FO's than HU's. (fomar and fomarl atleast). Angel Harp is for Females though. C-Bringer's rifle I think is only RA&FO. RAmar is good for Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle, and a few others. He's excellent to melee with. He actually has the ATA to use bladed-weapons. And seeing he does have the ablility to slightly boost his ATP and DFP, and he can heal, he's o.k. Though they look like Loners, they definately need support in some areas.

lain2k3
Feb 19, 2004, 06:47 PM
On 2004-02-19 15:42, MegamanX wrote:
Holy Ray, C-Bringer's Rifle, and Angel Harp are all good for forces. And some HUs. But rangers get better. Kind of like how Soul Banish is better for FO's than HU's. (fomar and fomarl atleast). Angel Harp is for Females though. C-Bringer's rifle I think is only RA&FO. RAmar is good for Frozen Shooter, Spread Needle, and a few others. He's excellent to melee with. He actually has the ATA to use bladed-weapons. And seeing he does have the ablility to slightly boost his ATP and DFP, and he can heal, he's o.k. Though they look like Loners, they definately need support in some areas.

RAmars suck at melee. melee in this game outside of forest, requires good techniques or traps.

they may have ata, but they have pathetic bladed weapon selection. RAmarls have enough ata that they wont be missing either, they have much better techs, better def. better evp. better weapon selection, better animations for casting and attacking, and with zalure and 5 more levels of shifta, they will be doing more damage, regardless.

Genoa
Feb 19, 2004, 06:53 PM
... like I don't know this? My RAmarl is only a few lvl.s below yours. But RAmar is good in melee. He has better ATP, HP, ATA, and better weapon selection. I don't know what your talking about, RAmar gets better than RAmarl. Stag Cuttlery is very nice on RAmar. I used it all the time when I just got to ult. I found it from a Gulgus. This was when I was newbish in every way and had just gotten to ult. But it was my 1st twin-saber and I loved it. And I actually hit with it! Then when my friend used it (hucast) he was missin like a mofo on krak... then my other friend "accidentally" turned my game off when it was saving... *boo hoo*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-02-19 15:55 ]</font>

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 19, 2004, 10:35 PM
On 2004-02-19 15:53, MegamanX wrote:
... like I don't know this? My RAmarl is only a few lvl.s below yours. But RAmar is good in melee. He has better ATP, HP, ATA, and better weapon selection. I don't know what your talking about, RAmar gets better than RAmarl. Stag Cuttlery is very nice on RAmar. I used it all the time when I just got to ult. I found it from a Gulgus. This was when I was newbish in every way and had just gotten to ult. But it was my 1st twin-saber and I loved it. And I actually hit with it! Then when my friend used it (hucast) he was missin like a mofo on krak... then my other friend "accidentally" turned my game off when it was saving... *boo hoo*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MegamanX on 2004-02-19 15:55 ]</font>

He was probably just jealous! ^_^

Oh and it is a given, RAmarl could work RAmar in battle easily. RAmar sucks. Yes I know this is IMO, but as far as I'm concerned its a freakin fact. WoW 0_o ATA? Besides, RAcast is the best ranger. Give him a Spread Needle and hes unstoppable. (This is considering you have a force on your team who can Resta, S/D/J/Z and kick soom booty as well.)

Polar
Feb 20, 2004, 06:57 AM
On 2004-02-19 15:53, MegamanX wrote:
Stag Cuttlery is very nice on RAmar.

No kidding? ^_^ My first Stag Cutlery had 45% to hit. Unlike most hunters, I can do three hard combos and NEVER miss. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Caecilius
Feb 20, 2004, 02:28 PM
On 2004-02-19 19:35, Tsudo_Plat wrote:
Oh and it is a given, RAmarl could work RAmar in battle easily.

I've yet to see a RAmarl work a RAmar in battle,in fact, when I had a RAmar, I was the one working the RAmarls, and they had higher levels than me! Ahh, instant-death specials are good... Bear in mind that I could have worked a RAmarl using regular, non-instant-death attacks had I chosen to.
Corruption sucks >_<

lain2k3
Feb 20, 2004, 03:09 PM
On 2004-02-20 11:28, Caecilius wrote:

On 2004-02-19 19:35, Tsudo_Plat wrote:
Oh and it is a given, RAmarl could work RAmar in battle easily.

I've yet to see a RAmarl work a RAmar in battle,in fact, when I had a RAmar, I was the one working the RAmarls, and they had higher levels than me! Ahh, instant-death specials are good... Bear in mind that I could have worked a RAmarl using regular, non-instant-death attacks had I chosen to.
Corruption sucks >_<

keep in mind we are assuming that the RAmarl player know how to play the game, and has something besides a justy, just to be fair, ok? given that the players are both of decent play-skill, and have decent weaponry, ramarl would be strictly better.

and for the guys saying that stag cutlery is good, anyone who has one with 45 hit wont be missing often http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif and either way, twin brand, twin blaze, s-rank twin, and monkey king bar are all strictly better, and twin doublesaber isnt much worse...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lain2k3 on 2004-02-20 12:12 ]</font>