PDA

View Full Version : Road to Final of Dengeki Cup plan

Malkavian
Feb 19, 2004, 12:14 PM
I think with this method I will now explain ebtween the 10%-15% of players that do it will make it into the final.And IMO in a more fun and fair way than bash COM.

As seen in Famitsu Cup the minimum rate to make into the final is win COM with games not longer than 6-7 minutes. If we can do that facing Humans and in less time is sure that the ones that win more will pass.

The details are the following:

- Use a Hero character because their HP is lower. I don't recommend Stella or Orland because they have 1 AP 0 TP.

- Don't put any item or def card in deck. Neither deffensive assist cards like Snails Pace (Move = 1) or Powerless Rain (S chara AP loss), etc.

- Put only offensive Action Cards or Assists that help that purpose like AP raise, move= 9, Dice +1, etc.

- Don't use action cards that cause bad status like paralyze, shock, stop, AP lose, etc.

- Don't run away or do coward tactics. The faster you lose or win the faster the tourney is and you can go play again.

- Have also a good and fast deck to defeat COM the fastest possible.

- In the tournament entry always choose the top entry possible. Is needed to fight Human and all human players be in same side of the tournament bracket. The ideal is to do Human vs Human and Com vs Com games. The Human vs Com games slow down the tournament.

And that's all for now I think.
A nice number of players would be 16 At least. If it's like in Famitsu Cup there will be tourney each 10 minutes. So the losers can sign for the next tourney very fast. The problem is that if we aren't many players we will end fighting many COMs. Anyways that's what the others players trying to reach the final will do. I'll try to convince everybody. With around 30 players this can be a great success.

If you have any more ideas or doubts don't hesitate to ask or comment.

7 days to go!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2004-02-20 05:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2004-02-20 09:53 ]</font>

Lit
Feb 19, 2004, 12:42 PM
hey hey malk! Like i was saying before,,,why should we waste time on a CUP where only JPplayer can actually receive the prize,,,importers dont receive anything....why waste time on nothing?...urgh

Malkavian
Feb 19, 2004, 12:59 PM
Come on is an event Cup! I doubt japanese players do it for the prize neither. I think the prize kinda sucks lol.
Well I enjoy to play cups, and events like this. And I will force you too!!!! hehehe
And if one of us win the tourney he could give it to a japanese friend. That would be a nice present. Or give the direction of a japanese friend and then he send the prize except webmoney or what is useless out of japan.

Link00seven
Feb 19, 2004, 04:11 PM
This cup sounds pretty cool!

As you well know, I am defently not good enough to participate, nor have I felt like playing PSO EpIII latly anyway, so I wont be participating. Let us all know how you do though!

Arislan
Feb 19, 2004, 06:26 PM
I'd be perfectly happy to get a set of trading cards and a KUO card. I'm giving it a shot regardless.

Para
Feb 19, 2004, 10:54 PM
Hey! i would pay alot for a custom sil'fer card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

psojohndoe2
Feb 19, 2004, 10:59 PM
I'm definetly gonna be playing the whole time, is there any block where us english folk are gonna meet?

AppieDPC
Feb 20, 2004, 07:46 AM
Well as far as I know, that friday I have the day off. So I am up for this. JST 21:00? Hmmm that would 12:00 or 13:00 my time on that friday? Not sure (I am in the GMT+1 zone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) At least they are hours ahead of me LOL. All the Japanese players staying up "late", while I'll do this in the afternoon hahaha

And I won't do this for the prize, just because it's fun.

like psojohndoe2 said, a ship location would be nice to know http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2004-02-20 04:48 ]</font>

Malkavian
Feb 20, 2004, 08:54 AM
Uhm we need nobody not doing this to join our tournaments. Someone remembers if when famitsu cup the tourneys were available in the US? A US block is more likely to be empty.

Yesterday I started testing the deck and I must add some more restrictions.

Don't use paralyze, AP lose, shock, dont move or other cards that cause bad status to the opponent.

LeRoy_G
Feb 20, 2004, 10:06 AM
i will be trying to get into the cup.

so i will be there. maybe we can exchange GCs the next couple of days. Yuji has my GC. i like the game plan a lot.

i hope u dont mind that i am still kind of new to the game... only lvl 11 online 17 offline. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Malkavian
Feb 20, 2004, 10:14 AM
It does not matter. Everyone contributing gets my grattitude http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jools
Feb 20, 2004, 12:07 PM
Count me in Malkavian. Have you noticed any cards as game breakers in your format yet?

Jools

Malkavian
Feb 20, 2004, 12:48 PM
On 2004-02-20 09:07, Jools wrote:
Count me in Malkavian. Have you noticed any cards as game breakers in your format yet?

Jools

So far what I posted before. Those that cause bad status effects on opponent.
I tried a bit and is quite fun heh. Also I have already stated to don't use arkz. Some of them have higher stats. Like rufina, she would won every other class in this thing.

YujiNaka
Feb 21, 2004, 06:12 AM
Good thing. If we are enough players and not only 3 or something (heh) I will be there. ^-^

YujiNaka
Feb 24, 2004, 01:14 PM
Now I bet we can give up your idea of how to go into the Dengeki Finals. There will be 2 ships for Dengeki Cup and it only starts every 30min. So all tourneys will be full I guess. No way to play only with gaijins or with ppl who know about your idea.

Malkavian
Feb 24, 2004, 01:21 PM
Oh how do you know this?
So it will be 2 ships, 20 blocks. 20 simultaneous tourneys each 30 minutes. If is 16 person tourneys that is enough for 320 persons. Um I guess we will have to wait a full hour for each tourney Z.z

I like that they make this Cup better. This way it will be more fair and then is not that we can't do this plan. What happens is that we don't need it. The best players will get there. But only 2 ships and each 30 minutes really sucks. It should be each 10 minutes.

Edit:
Ah I saw it in the news X.x
ugh is half good, half bad. 320 players each 30 minutes is not enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2004-02-24 10:28 ]</font>

LeRoy_G
Feb 24, 2004, 05:05 PM
hmm lots and lots of competion. but i think there will be chances for everybody to to join a tournament. remembering the time i won the fight because of time up. i bet once u join a tournament it will take at least 90 minutes to finish it if u advance to 3 or 4 round...

YujiNaka
Feb 25, 2004, 11:59 AM
It will be very fair. And now all cards are allowed.

Wait and see what they do with tourneys Malk. Maybe there are 2 each 30min or something...just wait and see^^

Malkavian
Feb 25, 2004, 01:03 PM
On 2004-02-25 08:59, YujiNaka wrote:
It will be very fair. And now all cards are allowed.

Wait and see what they do with tourneys Malk. Maybe there are 2 each 30min or something...just wait and see^^

maybe...
But in the dengeki cup info site they clearly say only one each 30 minutes.

YujiNaka
Feb 26, 2004, 07:18 AM
Good that Im early at home to join http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

psojohndoe2
Feb 26, 2004, 10:40 AM
I'm gonna try to get in. It starts at 7AM my time, I actually rescheduled my work shift so i'd get off at like 6AM, I hope that's enough time to get on in advance, and get into a ship. Hopefully the ships will only be made available to enter at the start time. :/

Malkavian
Feb 26, 2004, 12:27 PM
The ship is not a problem. 2 ships is 4800 persons. I doubt they get full lol. But I think we will have to wait 1 hour to start tourney. First one will start at 21.30, 2nd at 22.00.

I made some inaccurate calculations and for classiffy it will be probably needed to reach 4 finals and win 3 at least.
And if the best players doesn't spread among all 20 blocks, ALL WE HAVE chances to get in final.
I don't think will, but anyways I do it for the fun of the competition.

Jools
Feb 26, 2004, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. So I guess there are no team games then?

Jools

Arislan
Feb 27, 2004, 10:29 AM
All 1v1, you gain Politan points from winning instead of Meseta, and ranks don't change, so we have no idea how we're doing. Still a lot of fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-02-27 09:52 ]</font>

Arislan
Feb 27, 2004, 12:38 PM
Crack I say! My computer must lay off the crack!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arislan on 2004-02-27 09:51 ]</font>