PDA

View Full Version : Corruption

Orange_kid
Feb 19, 2004, 04:30 PM
Hey, (sorry in advance i know this has probably been posted in the past, i couldn't find it) is there anyway to reclaim data lost by corruption? I think I heard of someone talking about it, a year ago, and I thought this would be the best place to ask.

HUnewearl_Meira
Feb 19, 2004, 04:46 PM
From what I understand, there's an off chance that your characters can be saved by deleting your guild card or network files. There's no guarantees, though.

Ketchup345
Feb 19, 2004, 05:45 PM
Also, removing your memory card and reinserting it when at the character select screen may work.

That's how I cured mine.

MelancholyWitch
Feb 19, 2004, 05:54 PM
yeah u think those are the 2 best methods.

Neith
Feb 23, 2004, 05:30 AM
I just got a BSOD and lost Uriko, my lv134 HU, along with a nice Red Sword, feckin hate this game sometimes, can be a pain in the azz...

Rich_T
Feb 23, 2004, 01:40 PM
I had a Freeze up not long ago, fortunatly i never carry much unequiped stuff, and if i do, i usualy bank it beofre leaving each game sesion.

If you get the screen saying something about you not saving you data and unequiped items will be deleted, cancel loading the character, start a multiplayer game and iff your items are still there, give them to another character.
next load a single player game, then quit it, go back to the multiplayer, get your items and then quit and save.

WrJuicyFruit
Feb 24, 2004, 01:47 PM
Well dont know much about corruption, 3k hours online and no corruption yet, but I do know a bit about lobby fsod, lobby fsod is somehow different then normal fsod because sometimes I can pull out my memory card when it freezes and put it back in when I restart the game, and i dont lose anything even though it says I do, I just have to experiment at exactly when I shoudl take it out and put it back in..saved me a crap load of times..

WrJuicyFruit
Feb 24, 2004, 01:48 PM
Oh shoot..I just realized thats competely not what this topic is about ^-^'''

Spectre-Fox
Feb 27, 2004, 02:28 AM
all my trade stuff is gone or going to be it froze online while saving so i turned it off/on and BOOM currupt so i deleted the guild card which didn't do a dam thing so i'm going to lose my character Fox lv 121 and everything oh god my friends are gonna be pissed what can i do ?

i think i'm basicly screwed lost tons of sleep and stuff working on this character there are two things that would make me feel better getting the rares i lost back with the characters or just the rare items i'm almost ready to cry here this shit isn't fair because of this damn game freezing online considering canning my subscription for this free month why did sega and all make it so you can't transfer any files to another card ?
or have character files seperate ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spectre-Fox on 2004-02-26 23:29 ]</font>

rising_sunset
Feb 27, 2004, 08:40 AM
On 2004-02-26 23:28, Spectre-Fox wrote:
all my trade stuff is gone or going to be it froze online while saving so i turned it off/on and BOOM currupt so i deleted the guild card which didn't do a dam thing so i'm going to lose my character Fox lv 121 and everything oh god my friends are gonna be pissed what can i do ?

i think i'm basicly screwed lost tons of sleep and stuff working on this character there are two things that would make me feel better getting the rares i lost back with the characters or just the rare items i'm almost ready to cry here this shit isn't fair because of this damn game freezing online considering canning my subscription for this free month why did sega and all make it so you can't transfer any files to another card ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spectre-Fox on 2004-02-26 23:29 ]</font>

There is one way and that is to save your file on the USB memory card and back it up frequently but there is also a disadvantage, if you disconnect the memory card from the USB port with the program open on the comp it will most likely corrupt your file.

VioletSkye
Feb 27, 2004, 01:07 PM
On 2004-02-27 05:40, carolsdegga wrote:

There is one way and that is to save your file on the USB memory card and back it up frequently but there is also a disadvantage, if you disconnect the memory card from the USB port with the program open on the comp it will most likely corrupt your file.

Most of that is wrong. There are 2 easy ways to back up your char. One is to use your USB card and make sure to save the char file when you're done playing. Disconnecting the USB cable from the USB port will NOT corrupt your char regardless of whether the program is running or not (unless it was in the middle of saving). You don't need to have the program running at all anyway except to save the char file when you're done playing which takes like 5-10 seconds.

Secondly, if you are using an official nintendo memory card, there is a program that you can use to backup the save files on that card. You need to have the BBA in order to do it though.

sisco
Feb 27, 2004, 03:48 PM
On 2004-02-27 10:07, VioletSkye wrote:

Most of that is wrong. There are 2 easy ways to back up your char. One is to use your USB card and make sure to save the char file when you're done playing. Disconnecting the USB cable from the USB port will NOT corrupt your char regardless of whether the program is running or not (unless it was in the middle of saving). You don't need to have the program running at all anyway except to save the char file when you're done playing which takes like 5-10 seconds.

Secondly, if you are using an official nintendo memory card, there is a program that you can use to backup the save files on that card. You need to have the BBA in order to do it though.

if u play on a gamecube, yust play another game with the same memorycard and then play pso again. u will see ur character is back http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

sisco
Feb 27, 2004, 03:53 PM
On 2004-02-27 12:48, sisco wrote:

On 2004-02-27 10:07, VioletSkye wrote:

if u play on a gamecube, yust play another game with the same memorycard and then play pso again. u will see ur character is back http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

or yust reinsert your memcard and play another game
and then play pso.