PDA

View Full Version : Im a silly tanking force..ughh

magenta
Apr 16, 2001, 02:02 PM
Well..

i think playing in vhard ruins is taking its toll.. though its still fun taking on 3-4 very fast moving delsabers at the same time, winning, without freezing them or dying in the process.

but it does take long...sigh..

and it also sometimes distracts me from helping teammates when im online...

..sigh...im a very very bad/crappy force...

SaitoH
Apr 16, 2001, 02:39 PM
LOL! Magenta. You are a great force player to play with. You just have a bad case of suicidal tendencies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

jazzyfox
Apr 16, 2001, 03:05 PM
magenta, the next time we play, I'll sit back and cast Resta/shifta/deband, and you can go tank. I'll be a FOHUnewearl. We'll call you a HUmarl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Lmnopia
Apr 16, 2001, 03:15 PM
hmmmmmmmmmim out of things to say so i'll just take this space for the heck of it...

Maverick
Apr 16, 2001, 06:02 PM
I feel your pain.. literally. Both lain and Misato have yet to learn they cannot tank very well. Haha.

Still, dying is the best way to recover TP (assuming your teammates don't tire of reviving your ass. Ha!)

AxemPunanny
Apr 16, 2001, 08:25 PM
When you mean "tank", do you mean melee attacks? If not, then when I am successful at tanking, it's usually with a gun, even at close range (well.. enough distance so that I'm not within striking distance of a swipe after my 3rd combo move). Since we are referring to forces, I have felt your pain.

magenta
Apr 17, 2001, 08:15 AM
thanks for the offer jazzyfoxhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

but youll probably laugh as you see me mostly run around dodging blows, trying to get the opportunity to unleash a flurry of hits...as i said against a horde of delsabers and dimenians it takes long.. no magic, no guns...just me & mr.double saber, and little pian.

as for being suicidal..hmm..still a bit, but i dont die so often now.. being a force does up the dodging skill a bit..and i have for some time being able to time myself in front of a shark (vhard) that enables me to dodge their blows, turn at them, and hit them.. of course del sabers are a "tad" harder.

MORB
Apr 17, 2001, 08:40 AM
With hunters also, you have to learn how to dodge ennemies. Especially when you use double saber only...

I have a trick for delsabers that works well. When they follow you, you make an almost half-turn to the left (the side where they have the claw). They'll stop to hit you, but if you do it correctly, you'll dodge them. So you turn back and hit them with the double saber before they start to follow you again.

It works also for chaos bringers.

Deathkiller
Apr 17, 2001, 08:55 AM
If you want to TANK be an RA cast! We're built for tanking! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Heh! By tanking i take it that you mean using weapons like guns n' junk so steal lots of EXP all for youself

BUWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

-_-

"Methinks my mags should cast Millia and lloilla more often" ??)eathkiller lvl84 RACAST with homocidal tendencies.

magenta
Apr 17, 2001, 09:27 AM
With hunters also, you have to learn how to dodge ennemies. Especially when you use double saber only...

agreed..but with a force (fomarl) timing is a bit trickier since we tend to be slower in the offense, especially since i use hard attacks all the time (since light attacks from forces would be inconsequential to most vhard beasties)..also my evasion is low.

I have a trick for delsabers that works well. When they follow you, you make an almost half-turn to the left (the side where they have the claw). They'll stop to hit you, but if you do it correctly, you'll dodge them. So you turn back and hit them with the double saber before they start to follow you again.

oh i use that a lot, but it doesnt always work.. what i do with delsabers sometimes is if they're far away, i quickly run a significant distance so that they walk towards me instead of doing a leaping attack.. as soon as theyre within good distance, i stand for a bit, and bait them to do a three combo attack, move sideways to evade hit, then quickly turn n attack...if the do a claw attack instead, i still try to move-turn-hit (though this is less successful)..

sinow beats are fun to play with.. esp when jump from a distance, its so easy to avoid, turn and destroy them with a hard combo...chaos bringer likewise with their charge.

"Methinks my mags should cast Millia and lloilla more often" ??)eathkiller lvl84 RACAST with homocidal tendencies.

lol! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

MORB
Apr 17, 2001, 10:23 AM
Well, I also use only the heavy attack all the time, along with shifta, to make decent damages on the monsters of the ruins...

My kingdom for a twin brand :)

merlin
Apr 18, 2001, 07:44 PM
Agreed,Magenta,agreed!!! I'm STILL waiting for the "chaos"that those stupid things are supposed to "bring".Just a silly little horsee that runs right by you and gets stuck in the doorway graphics...lol.Delsabers are cute when they get pissed off.