PDA

View Full Version : What's with twin sabers?

rising_sunset
Feb 20, 2004, 12:19 PM
Yesterday I was playing online on ult mode in ruins with my lv. 121 HUnewearl and I had a monkey king bar (it's legit, I got it 3 days ago) and it seems whenever I do a heavy attack the first 2 combos always miss and the other 4 seems to work fine. Has this happened to you guys before?

(To solve this problem I used normal attack on first 2 and rest is heavy)

Spliffman
Feb 20, 2004, 12:21 PM
i don't have a mkb (been looking for years), but if I use heavy attack first in a combo with a twin brand or meteor cudgel, they will usually miss (unlees it has hit %)

peace

Soukosa
Feb 20, 2004, 12:33 PM
To hit something on the first hit or two of weapon with a strong attack, you'll usually need some good ATA to back it up. In order to compensate for the number of times they hit an enemy, twin sabers don't have that high of ATA. So, if you want to do that with one, you'll need one with Hit.

rising_sunset
Feb 20, 2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks everyone, but I think I will use my old skills which would be use normal attack on the first 2 combos and rest is heavy. Acutally that works pretty good! ^__^

Cc08
Feb 20, 2004, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I always use light, heavy, heavy or I usually end up missing

LadyRedComet
Feb 20, 2004, 03:36 PM
Light-heavy-heavy works just as well as light-light-heavy. What combo you use should depend on the enemy you're fighting.

rising_sunset
Feb 20, 2004, 03:50 PM
On 2004-02-20 12:36, LadyRedComet wrote:
Light-heavy-heavy works just as well as light-light-heavy. What combo you use should depend on the enemy you're fighting.

That does not work the same. Light-heavy-heavy deals more damage then light-light-heavy

Skuda
Feb 20, 2004, 04:26 PM
funny thing about twins, I have a 100% hit double cannon I recently got in a trade with my friend, and my 25% hit double cannon(legit). funny thing is, I hit more often with the 25% hit than I do with the 100%. My legit one usually does more critical hits. possible flaw in dupes and hacks? maybe. but usually, a twin will be interupted before you get the second heavy if you're going light-heavy-heavy. usually happens to me in the mines.

rising_sunset
Feb 20, 2004, 05:12 PM
hmm. Kind of interesting, I'll try these things out

Firocket1690
Feb 21, 2004, 01:47 AM
Light-Special-Heavy works for my HUmar's Monkey stick.

All attacks hit and said enemy's usually dead by the 4th or 5th hit.

mafuwally
Feb 21, 2004, 07:33 AM
I naver use specials because they never ever seem to hit for me.