PDA

View Full Version : Fan-fic:PSO:Phantasm Soldiers(Final Act ,Chapter 27 'Destiny

PStar2cadet
Feb 20, 2004, 10:28 PM
this is my fan-fic series,PSO Plus...the post's spacing is playing gmaes with my text,so i tried to fix it as much as i could....lol...i'll have chapter two of Soth posted soon,as it is,i'm taking Hikosaka's suggestion to only post a chapter at a time,this was originally called SotH Part One,it had three chapters.I'll try to post these on something of a regular schedule.Have fun!

Phantasy Star Online-Episode 1&2 Plus
Episode 1 "Seat of the Heart"
By PStar2cadet

Chapter One

The Hunter known as Steel Raven walked into the Hunter's Guild in the Pioneer 2 Lab.He had recently defeated the Gal Gryphon at the cliffs of Gal Da Val,and while he was awaiting his new orders,he needed a little extra money for supplies when he was ready to enter the Seabed lab.He nodded the the girl at the counter and looked at the list of jobs.Apparently Elly Person had a special request.

Steel Raven had first met her on a job to find a friend named Calus.Calus turned out to be a computer,who was once a scientist.He'd created a special computer,but Calus had died young,and somehow,it was almost as if he'd downloaded himself into the computer,sort of like an old anime Steel Raven had seen,called Bubblegum Crisis,where a man named Mason downloaded himself into a computer,he ended up becoming an android named Largo.Steel Raven decided to take the job,and in a few minutes,he was approached by Elly. "Steel Raven,it's good to see you again.Um,I have a favor to ask."

Steel Raven nodded. "Please,continue."

Elly said "You've been a great help to the Lab,and there's an exam I'm worried about.It's for a team of 2 hunters,and the girl will need you help,a sort of bodyguard job.She needs you to protect her and not let her down,this exam is very important to her.Could you protect her?You can't let her down,no matter what."

Steel Raven thought it over for a moment. "Alright. You can count on me!"

"Really?!?Thanks!" Elly smiled. "I've taken care of all the registration, so...." She looked at her BEE Module on her wrist,it handled many various sorts of communications and data for her. "Oh!It's about to start!"

"What is?" Steel Raven asked.

"The briefing!I have to get you to the Lab!" Elly exclaimed.She led him to the Lab,where Natasha Milarose was ready to begin the briefing.

"Good morning." She said. "We need experianced hunters for some extra assingments.We are having a VR exam,to determine which of you would be acceptable for these assingments.Those who pass the exam will be given access to Gal Da Val Island." At the various murmurs from those assembled,she went on. "Yes,the island we just discovered.We are aware of the...mistakes....that Pioneer 1 made.This exam,and the island's location is confidential.If it is leaked,you will be prosecuted.When you arrive at the VR field,further instructions will be given.That is all.Good luck."

Steel Raven headed for the VR teleporter,still wondering where his parter was,when Elly stopped him suddenly. "Steel Raven...you know that girl,who needs a bodyguard?"

"Yeah?" Steel Raven asked.

"That's me." Elly said softly. "I'm really sorry...I should have told you right away.But...I really want to pass this exam.If you don't want to....I'll under..."

Steel Raven put his hands on her shoulders,some of his midnight black hair falling in front of his left eye. "It's okay,Elly.Let's get going."

"Thanks!" Elly walked with him to the teleporter. "I'm so nervous...."

Natasha Milarose looked up from her desk as Sue and Kireek walked up. "Hmmm....what I'm wondering...is how will our reconstructed program react to her in the system?That's the question.Keep a close eye on them."

Sue nodded,as did Kireek.

to be continued....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PStar2cadet on 2004-04-24 09:59 ]</font>

deathreaper
Feb 20, 2004, 11:03 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif pretty good...

mr_rubbish
Feb 21, 2004, 05:04 AM
[critic mode]
Ok... I don't know if you read my post in DarkChylde's story thread but he took my points on board. Sometime's I think I can be a little too savage but it's nothing personal.

About a week ago you posted the entire first section of 'PSO Plus-Seat of the Heart' which I read. I typed in the appropriate comments, hit 'submit' and was dismayed to find out that you had deleted the thread first.
I considered sending you a PM about it, but did not know what your plans were for the story.

Having read this first chapter, it looks like you are posting it again, broken into chapters with the formatting being cleaned up.

HOWEVER....
It also appears that you have not changed the content since that first post. From what I read that last time it appeared as though you had taken the 'Seat of the Heart' Walkthrough guide, inserted your characters name and put in some fight scenes.
In my opinion thats the fan-fiction equivalent to copying someone else's homework, but doing it in your own handwriting.

I'm not sure if you have changed it since then or indeed what you have written beyond the VR temple section so I will reserve final judgement till then.
If your story does continue like this all the way to the end its the same as having people watch you play the quest on your console, namely it shows nothing about you as a writer.
[/critic mode]

Please do not be disheartened by the above comments. You could still prove me wrong... And always remember: never give up!

PStar2cadet
Feb 21, 2004, 11:51 AM
actually,i don't have a script of SotH,so i don't have it all memorized,so i try to put in what i remember,but also to try adding different things.I wanna try to stay true to the original,but not too different that people say it's way too different from the original,just trying to find the balance...lol
Also,when i previously posted it,i wasn't sure if i had to get it checked and approved first,and i took it down a minute later,because i felt i should ask first and make sure,so many apologies for that.
The main thing is i'm just trying to have a bit of fun when i write this,i'm not a perfect writer,so i'm bound to have mistakes quite a few times...lol
and the schedule...well,as the title indicates,this series is PSO Plus,so it'll have the hero,Steel Raven going through SotH,East Tower,Central Dome Fire Swirl,and West Tower.(They'll all tie together). When i'm done,i may make new adventures for Steel Raven,or maybe a different story with a different cast.I'll have SotH chapter 2 up in a few days,i wanna space it out a little.
Thanks for the comments,it's nice to get feedback.

mr_rubbish
Feb 21, 2004, 11:58 AM
Well the only reason I may have gone a little hard on you was that there is the walkthrough guide available on this site that includes a full script. (I am currently working on my own 'SotH' chapter). From what I had read your fic seemed to follow it too closely.

<shrug>

I'll wait and see...

PStar2cadet
Feb 21, 2004, 07:52 PM
On 2004-02-21 08:58, mr_rubbish wrote:
Well the only reason I may have gone a little hard on you was that there is the walkthrough guide available on this site that includes a full script. (I am currently working on my own 'SotH' chapter). From what I had read your fic seemed to follow it too closely.

<shrug>

I'll wait and see...

ah.I printed up a walkthrough from here for getting the Ragol Ring,but i didn't even have it anywhere near me when i did the typing.(Used the walkthrough to get the ring on PSO Plus).Well,i can take some time to make changes,i'm worried about making too verbatim a story,but at same time,i don't wnat this to be a story that is only named 'Seat of the Heart'. I know some people that didn't like the way the novels of the Resident Evil games turned out,but i liked them.I think i'll have to do a review of what i'm doing with SotH,i think i'm too worried about if it's too much like it,or if it's nothing like it at all....

PStar2cadet
Feb 24, 2004, 07:05 PM
Hi,all.I've decided not to do SotH,due to the fact that i'm feeling mine would be close to the original,plus i think someone posted that they're doing a SotH story...so i'm going to do something different,something original,instead of an adaptaion of different quests and such.I'll have the first one posted soon,and i'll prolly change the name of this topic,to reflect my new story.Thanks for the various feedback,i'll post my new story soon.

PStar2cadet
Feb 24, 2004, 09:22 PM
Hi!This is PStar2cadet,as you have noticed,i'm doing a different series,now.SO,i renamed the topic,but i left chapter one of SotH up,just for those that liked it.This new thing is PSO:Phantasm Soldiers... kinda my take on what would happen if PSO had some Sailor Moon stuff to it....it's a work in progress,but if it makes at least one person smile,(Other than myself)it'll be worth it,to me.^_^
Enjoy!(And yes,the spacing is odd again....lol)

Phantasy Star Online:Phantasm Soldiers
Chapter One "A New Beginning"
By PStar2cadet

Kira Yamaguchi looked through the bushes at the Booma that was advancing on the helpless boy.She knew just what do to,but she hesitated,she wanted to wait just a few seconds longer,to see if she was right...

Almost on cue,a man wearing a black uniform appeared,an evil sneer on his face.His short brown hair ruffled gently in the slight breeze,his green eyes danced with glee. "Now then,surrender your energy...I have much to do."

Kira burst out from the bushes. "I can't let you do that!"

"Hmmm,you again...you're too late." the man said.
The man waved a hand,the boy's energy flew in a stream to the man's outstretched hand. "Booma,kill her."

Kira growled "I won't let you take his energy, Extortion!" She pulled out a Brand and said "This mission ends here!" The Booma advanced on her,she defeated it a minute later.

Extortion was still draining the boy's energy,when Kira ran at him. "She's done that fast?!?" He dived out of the way,and came up firing a Handgun. "Give up,you little pest!"

Kira dodged and went to the boy. "Kindness is something you'll never understand...that's why good will always win!I am a Phantasm Soldier of Pioneer 4, Phantasm Resta!Give up this mad scheme now!"

Extortion shook his head. "Never." He pulled out a Brand of his own, but a second later,a Fire Trap knocked it out of his hand,the trap burned Extortion's hand,and the Brand was thrown a few feet away into the air. "Not you again..."

"I'll not allow an evil deed to go unpunished." A male android Ranger was standing on a nearby ledge,he had black armor. "This war will end now."

"The war is just beginning!" Extortion telepiped away.

In a cold,dark underground base,Extortion walked into a throne room. "Was the mission too much for you?" a tall,female newman Hunter asked. "I had expected as much."

Extortion shot back "That's because the queen assinged me the mission first,Larceny!"

Larceny brushed back some of her blond hair in a ponytail. "That's what you said the last two times."

Another girl,Conspiracy,a female human Force, said "The last two times,he blamed it on that Phantasm Soldier and that Solitary Ranger guy."

A younger boy,wearing a black uniform as well,spoke up. "Are they after the shards,also?"

Larceny rested her hand on the boy's shoulder. "Ransom,we're collecting energy to activate the tracking device for the shards.Aren't you getting ahead of yourself,younger one?"

"The boy is right." A soft voice said. "Ransom knows our agenda well." A tall woman dressed in golden armor sat down on the throne. "If they are after the shards as well,that makes our task difficult.We cannot revive the Idola without all the shards."

"Queen Bribery...." Extortion asked "Why would the Pioneer group seek the shards?"

"They don't know yet." Larceny said to Queen Bribery. "They recently awoke."

Queen Bribery nodded. "Ahh,yes.Larceny and Ransom awoke first, they know the great mission.Conspiracy and Extortion,you awoke only in the last few days.We all spoke out against Pioneer 2 after the Card Revolution,but they said we were too set on our ways of using force to get results.They put us under a spell, and sealed us on Pioneer 3.They sent us to this planet,Parma....6 months later,the ship named ?Pioneer 4' arrived.One of their people scattered the shards of an obelsik onto Parma.When we obtain all the shards,we will awaken the Idola,a legendary phantasm known as Dark Force!But now,a girl calling herself the Phantasm Soldier, Phantasm Resta,is interfering in all our energy draining efforts.When we have gathered enough energy,we can build a homing crystal to start finding the shards.It was the shards falling to Parma,who awoke us,with their dark energy.We must eliminate this...Phantasm Resta,and her Ranger friend."

The boy looked up as Kira healed her. "Who are you?"

"I'm Phantasm Resta,I protect the people of Palma." Kira smiled. "This is the Solitary Ranger.He doesn't have powers like I do...but he's still cool."

The Solitary Ranger nodded. "Hi."

Kira said "Well,let's go." As she ran off with the android,she said "Do we know anything about the enemy yet?"

"Not yet...." Solitary Ranger said. "And we still have to find the other Phantasms yet.....Phantasm Barta,Phantasm Foie,and Phantasm Zonde."

Kira nodded. "I won't hand Palma over to the enemy!"

To be continued....

(Edit)just noticed i alternated alot between Palma and Parma...it's going to be Palma,i'll try to fix that error for the next episode....gomen nasai,i've had alot on my mind lately....^_^()....)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PStar2cadet on 2004-02-24 18:25 ]</font>

PStar2cadet
Mar 1, 2004, 08:40 PM
Hi,PStar2cadet here...i'll most likely have chapter two up next week.Just had a death in the family,so i have to go up to Menomenee Falls tomorrow for the funeral services,and such,but i'll try my best to get chapter two up by next tuesday.Thanks for your patience.

PStar2cadet
Mar 9, 2004, 09:39 PM
Hi there...i'm still a little shook up from the recent death in my family,i had an uncle who died last september,so having another relative die this soon after was a bit unsettling,but i'm trying to cope with it.As promised,here's chapter two.I'll try to have chapter three ready soon.Thanks for being so patient,i appreciate it.

Chapter Two "A cool outlook;Phantasm Barta appears!"
By Pstar2cade

Kira Yamaguchi was looking at the bulletin boards in the Hunter's Guild.There was an exam for gifted Hunters,Rangers and Forces going on,and she wished to participate. "There's one in the forest region...should we test our mettle out there?Maybe some Boomas or Barious Wolves will appear for target practice?" she said aloud as Solitary Ranger walked up.

Solitary Ranger agreed quietly "I think we'll locate another Phantasm."

"Something I wanted to know...." Kira asked. "How is it that you can sense them?"

"I am your guardian,and advisor.I am programmed to recognize Phantasms." Solitary Ranger stated. "Your mother knew a lot about the legend of the Phantasm Soldiers,she programmed me with that knowledge.Warriors with the strength and spirit of legends past,who fight the evil entities of the galaxy.Chaz, Rika,Wren,Rhys,Alys...they were Phantasm Soldiers as well.It takes courage to fight evil,and strength,spirit and hope to win.We must find them all."

Kira nodded. "Let's sign up for the exam."

Extortion stood gazing at a projection of Kira/Phantasm Resta. "You must be eliminated.You and your Ranger friend."

"And are you going to tell her,or just her hologram?" his girlfriend, Conspiracy asked teasingly.She was a Force,she carried a Flame Cane in her hand at the moment.

Extortion nodded. "I'll tell her in person." he then walked over to Conspiracy,resting a hand on her shoulder. "Soon...we'll unite the obelisk shards and revive Dark Force.Then,we can rule the darkness." He telepiped away,and Conspiracy stood looking a bit sad for a moment.She felt he might not be coming back.She suddenly ran off to her room.

Emerging from the shadows,Ransom and Larceny stared in wonder at the hologram of Phantasm Resta/Kira. "It's odd....isn't it?" Ransom asked. "I feel like I know her...."

Larceny looked down at him briefly.Although they were both about 17, Ransom was about 5 foot 8,while Larceny was an even 6 feet tall. "It's unusual...I think I do as well....but from where....I don't know." she confessed. "I think....we should keep this information to ourselves."

At the exam,Kira and the Solitary Ranger were paired up with a Ranger named Mia Kingsley.She was wearing glasses,but it didn't seem like that affected her skills with firearms.There were some odd Boomas they needed to slay, and the exam was going well. "You're really great,Mia!" Kira gushed.

Mia blushed. "Oh...thank you...."

Solitary Ranger was oddly quiet the last few minutes.At that point,the air shimmered,and Extortion appeared. "Well,now...I've got you at last."

"I'll send you back to where you came from,Extortion!" Kira said, drawing a Brand. "I'm Phantasm Resta,and your evil plans end here!"

Extortion laughed. "Not so fast!" He held up pair of wicked-looking Mechguns. "You'd better back off,Rangers.I want Phantasm Resta,not you."
"He's got Hell Mechguns..." Mia gasped. "They're capable of killing with one hit!"

Kira said softly "Ok,I'll fight you,alone." She then said to Solitary and Mia "Back off....I don't want you two getting killed." Solitary and Mia did so,and the fight began.To his credit,Extortion wasn't using the Hell ability of his weapons, merely trying to defeat Kira with regular firepower alone.But that went out the window when Kira cut him in the leg with her Brand.A wandering Rag Rappy got killed instantly when Kira dived out of the way of a Hell round of fire.

"This will be your last battle ever!" Extortion yelled,as he blasted the Brand out of Kira's hand and holstered one of the Hell Mechguns,to zap her with Razonde from his hand. "You're pathetic!To think you're a Hunter!!"

Solitary Ranger was a bit edgy,trying to get a clear shot,but afraid of hitting Kira.Mia was almost in tears when she felt one of her tears turning to ice right on her face. "I can't take this anymore!!" She waved a hand,a powerful blast of Barta froze Extortion's Hell Mechguns. "I'm not going to let you hurt my teammate! I'll drown your evil in the pure waters of justice!I'm....I'm...I'm the Phantasm of purity,Phantasm Barta!"

"Not another Phantasm!" Extortion yelled. "Take this!!" He sent a wall of Rafoie at her.

Mia cast more Barta at him. "Barta Spray!!" The flames went out,and Extortion felt his body begin to become encased in ice.

Solitary Ranger raised his Shotgun,and fired,blasting Extortion into tiny frozen pieces. "Evil deeds will come back to those who do evil.You should have learned this long ago."

Kira looked to Mia. "Thank...Phantasm Barta." she smiled.

Mia/Phantasm Barta smiled bashfully. "Sorry about the trouble."

Back in the underground base,Queen Bribery frowned. "It seems Extortion has failed.But I'm glad you took that obelisk shard from that police officer a few miles away,Conspiracy.I am giving you command of our great mission.As you are now aware,anyone could have picked these shards up anywhere.You must find them all,to revive our master,our deity,Dark Force!"

Conspiracy knelt before her,tears running down her face. "I will get the shards...and I will avenge Extortion...I swear it!"

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Mar 14, 2004, 12:12 PM
Chapter Three "Mass Collection"
By Pstar2cadet

Conspiracy was quite proud of herself.She'd slaved away for three days to come up with a machine that would pull in the shards of the Dark Force obelisk like a giant magnet,and now it was complete.She just needed a few more minute to fine tune it. "I'll make you proud of me,Extortion...." she said softly.

Extortion had been slain in battle recently by that Phantasm Resta and her friends. "I'll show them all....prepare to meet your doom!Hee hee hee!!" she laughed.

Kira Yamaguchi,Mia Kingsley and the Solitary Ranger were out on the town,enjoying the night life on Palma. "You know,it wouldn't hurt you to lighten up a little." Kira teased the Solitary Ranger.

Mia,studying a physics book,replied "He's an android,he weighs a few hundred pounds,he'd have to lose some limbs to lighten up."

"Indeed." Solitary nodded.

Kira sighed. "You two are weird..." Just then,a brilliant flash of light came from a nearby park. "What in the....?"

"I think we should check this out." Solitary said.

Nearby,a young man looked at the light,and said softly "An enemy?"

Conspiracy smiled,her eyes full of tears,as Dark Force shards began flying slowly into the air,towards the machine. "I did it...."

"Alright,that's enough!" Kira ran up then,with Mia and Solitary. "This plan ends now!"

"You're too late!" Conspiracy giggled. "We've already began collecting some of the obelisk shards!We have 70 out of the original 100!" She pulled out a Storm Rod and sent a blast of Zonde at them.

"I'm....not..." Solitary Ranger began to short out.

"I won't let you use science for you evil intentions!" Mia waved her hands,sending a trail of ice at Conspiracy. "Barta Ice Trail!!"

Conspiracy jumped over the attack,and brought her Storm Rod down on Mia's head. "Take a nap,Phantasm Soldier!" Mia went down,stunned by the attack. "Just you left,Phantasm Resta....I'll make you pay for killing Extortion!"

"No...you won't." Kira said defiantly,readying her Saber.

Conspiracy drew back her Storm Rod,ready to do some major damage. "This time...I'll win!!"

Another voice said "No,you won't." A young man grabbed her Storm Rod,and shoved her aside. "The revival of Dark Force must not be allowed."

Conspiracy got up again,quite angry. "And who the heck are you?!?"

The young man said sharply "I am the Phantasm of rage,Phantasm Foie.I'll burn evil up and fade it away." He waved his hands,and a fireball flew at Conspiracy.

"Aackkk!!" Conspiracy dived for cover. "Savage Wolves!!Kill them and protect the machine!!Only three minutes needed!" She ran into a telepipe and disappeared as three Savage Wolves appeared.

Phantasm Foie drew a Double Saber,and began to move in on the three Savage Wolves. "These guys are a nuisance.He struck one of them down himself, his Double Saber flashing in a blur of speed.

Kira smacked the second one a few times with her Saber.It went down, but the third one tackled her from behind. "Aaahh!!"

The third Savage Wolf's jaws were only centimeters from Kira's face, it growled softly in hunger.But then,it began to turn into ice.Kira scrambled out from under it as it became completely frozen. "Sorry about the delay,Phantasm Resta." Mia said,as she blushed from embarassment.

"It's okay." Kira nodded. "What about that machine?"

Solitary Ranger began to recover from being shocked by Zonde. "It's... collected 90...." He managed to bring up his Mechguns,and blow the machine up.

"Who are you?" Kira asked Phantasm Foie. "And what was that machine?"

Phantasm Foie replied "My name is Jaycen Munroe,I'm Phantasm Foie.As for that machine...It confirms what my dreams and my meditations have been telling me.These enemies are gathering the shards of the obelisk that was used to summon the legendary God of Destruction,Dark Force.If they put all the shards together,they can revive Dark Force.The machine got them a total of 90...with what they had already,they now have 95.If they get the last 5 shards....we're all in deep trouble."

"We can't let them get those shards." Mia agreed.

Solitary Ranger said "It's good to have you on our side,Jaycen."

Jaycen smiled. "Same here....Phantasm Resta....can we go on a date soemtime?"

Kira blushed. "Ummm...uhhh...my name is Kira....and um...if you get those 5 shards....I'll consider it."

Jaycen chuckled. "Deal."

Then they were all laughing.

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Mar 15, 2004, 01:23 PM
Hi,all.I'm sick with a cold,so i had some extra time, and as a result,here's chapter 4!

Chapter Four "Kidnapped!Mia is M.I.A."
By Pstar2cadet

Mia Kingsley picked up a shard of the Dark Force obelisk from under the park bench. "My computer was right...I found it." She showed it to Jaycen Munroe. "We have to get it back to Kira."

Suddenly,Conspiracy materialized a few feet from them. "I'll take that!"

"What are you doing here?" Jaycen demanded.

"The dark side sees everything." Conspiracy giggled. "Now,hand over that shard!" She lashed out with a Flame Rod,striking Mia's hand.Mia dropped the shard,but snatched it back up right away.Conspiracy got a choke hold on Mia with the Flame Rod.

Mia tossed the shard to Jaycen. "Get this back to Kira,quick!"

Conspiracy added "If you want her back,bring the shard here at midnight!" Then they were gone,as Jaycen ran away.

Kira Yamaguchi looked at the shard. "We finally have a shard,and we have to exchange it....this sucks....But,I can't let them hurt Mia."

Solitary Ranger examined the shard. "It's definately charged with evil energy."

Jaycen asked "So,what do we do until midnight?"

"We practice our skills." Kira replied,picking up a wooden practice sword.

At midnight,Kira,Jaycen and the Solitary Ranger arrived in the park. They found that Conspiracy was waiting for them,and an amazingly tall girl had Mia secure in her grasp. "Okay,we're here."

Conspiracy giggled. "Good...and did you bring the shard?"

"Yeah,we got your shard." Jaycen tossed it to her. "Now hand over Mia."

"Not just yet.Right,Larceny?" Conspiracy smiled.

The tall girl nodded. "I'm holding her for Ransom."

"We gave you the shard!Let her go!" Kira yelled.

"I told you,I'm holding her for Ransom." Larceny said.Just then,a young-looking boy arrived,and Larceny smiled fondly. "Perfect timing,Ransom."

Ransom smiled. "I aim to please.Did they hand over the shard?" Larceny snatched the shard from Conspiracy,and passed it to Ransom. "Hmm.... I can feel the dark power....it's the real thing.Let the girl go."

Larceny nodded,and released Mia,who haltingly began to walk to Kira and the others,sure that something bad was going to happen.Conspiracy blinked. "What?!?You're letting her go?!?" Conspiracy grabbed Mia by the wrist and said "I'm keeping her,she'll get in the way too much!"

Ransom nodded to Larceny,the tall girl gave Conspiracy a quick slap across the face.Mia ran back to Kira. "This is a fair trade,Conspiracy....they gave us the shard,we're handing their friend over."

Conspiracy demanded "What does Queen Bribery have to say about this?"

"She has no say here!" Ransom said,with surprising force. "This is my operation,and I will abide by the fairness they have shown by returning the real obelisk shard!"

"You would do well to obey your betters." Larceny added,looking down at Conspiracy.

Kira and the others were watching,surprised by what they were seeing and hearing.

Conspiracy stood back up,and said "I'm a bad girl,I play unfairly."

Larceny looked to Ransom and smiled. "Okay,let's play unfair.I'll take you home for dinner,Conspiracy can handle the Phantasms all by herself."

Ransom took her hand in his. "Sounds good." They opened a telepipe.

"That's not fair!!" Conspiracy wailed.

"We know." Ransom said. "You asked for it." The telepipe closed.

Conspiracy turned to the Phantasm Soldiers. "Okay....prepapre to die!"

"Yeah,right...we got you out numbered." Jaycen said,as the group fanned out.

"Out-numbered....but not out-muscled." Conspiracy held out a staff with a black jewel. "Infinite Death Power!!" She began to grow in size,untill she was 20 feet tall. "You got a deep dish of humiliation coming,and it ain't gonna be pretty!"

Jaycen groaned. "Me and my big mouth..."

Solitary Ranger fired his shotgun at Conspiracy's legs,but she laughed. "That tickles!" she kicked him a few feet through the air.

"We have to stop her mobility!" Mia said. "Barta Ice Trail!!" She encased Conspiracy's feet in thick layers of ice.

Conspiracy raised her staff,shooting Zonde blasts at Mia. "I'll get you for this!!"

Jaycen began hammering Conspiracy's staff with repeated Foie fireballs. "That's enough of that!" The staff began to catch on fire.

Mia pressed a button on her glasses' frame.Her lenses turned blue,and she began to scan the cane. "Kira,shoot the jewel!"

Kira brought out an Autogun,and fired,shattering the black jewel in Conspiracy's staff. "Got it!!"

"Nooo!!!" Conspiracy cried.As she began to shrink back to her original size,her flesh began to vaporize,so that only her skeleton was left,which clattered to the ground,and turned into dust.

"She gave up her life to get stronger?" Jaycen asked.

Kira sighed. "And we still have those other two villians to deal with, and their queen,whoever she is."

"There's something odd about those two." Solitary Ranger said,as he limped back over to them. "I'm not sure...but they may be mind-controlled.I didn't get that kind of reading from Conspiracy or Extortion."

"What does that mean?" Kira wondered.

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Mar 17, 2004, 02:59 PM
Hiya...still sick with my cold,so i used some of my time to type chapter 5...enjoy!

Chapter Five "More shards"
By Pstar2cadet

In the next two days,Larceny and Ransom aquired a few more shards,before Kira Yamaguchi and the others could find them.This time,Ransom went alone,and was now holding it in his hand. "Heh...after this...there's only one left."

"I won't let you take that!" Kira yelled,dropping out of a nearby tree. "I am the Phantasm of healing,Phantasm Resta!"

Solitary Ranger,Mia Kingsley and Jaycen Munroe emerged from the nearby bushes. "And you know the rest..." Jaycen muttered,pulling a twig out of his hair.

Ransom nodded. "Well....if you wish to fight..." He pulled out a Double Saber. "So be it." He went into action,his Double Saber hammering against Kira's Saber.

Kira lunged forward,driving Ransom back.Solitary Ranger brought up his rifle,ready to fire.But no sooner did he pull the trigger,Ransom leapt over the shot,and into Larceny's arms,she'd swung by on a cable she'd fastened on an overhead tree limb.She let go of him,and while she slammed her feet into Solidary's rifle,which in turn flew loose and smacked Jaycen in the head,Ransom did a tuck and roll,and came up with a handgun less that 3 inches away from Mia's face. "Give up...you can't win."

Mia swung her Rod at him,Ransom did a backflip,he then stood with Larceny,back to back.She now had a Booma's Claw ready. "Maybe you two should give up." Jaycen said.

"Not a chance." Larceny replied.

Just then,a bolt of lightning struck a nearby tree.The tree then fell towards Ransom and Larceny. "I'll never let evil win,I am the Phantasm of vengance,Phantasm Zonde!" A girl yelled as she walked over to Kira.

"I guess we're a full team now." Mia smiled.

Ransom pushed Larceny out of the path of the tree,but he got pinned under the tree,his shoulder started to bleed. "Uuurrkk!"

"Oh,no!" Larceny said.She saw the Phantasms were ready to fight,but Ransom had the shard. "What should I do?!?"

"Save yourself..." Ransom struggled to say. "They'll attack you if you stay..."

"But..." Larceny began,even Kira could see she was distraught.

Finally,before passing out,Ransom said "Follow your....heart..."

Larceny turned to leave,hesitated and then said to Kira "Go ahead and kill me if you wish." She crossed over to Ransom and began to lift the tree off of him,and with the ease in which she did it,Kira realized Larceny must have been stronger than she looked,the tree was fairly thick,but she lifted it as though it only weighed 30 pounds to her!She pushed the tree of to the side and held Ransom close. "I'd never leave you..." She looked to Kira. "I'll settle this next time." She telepiped away.

Kira looked to Phantasm Zonde. "And you are?"

The girl nodded. "I'm Megumi Shinokawa....please to meet you."

Solitary Ranger scanned her. "She's a Phantasm Soldier,alright."

"Well,let's get get something to eat...we have a lot of talking to do." Mia said.

In a nearby cafe,Megumi asked "How many shards do they need yet?"

"Only one." Mia replied. "Which is why things are going to get worse from here on in."

"Then,we need to protect this." Megumi said.She held out the last obelisk shard. "I found it nearby my father's weapons shop."

Jaycen whistled. "They'd go nuts if they knew we have the last shard."

"Can we use this to our advantage?" Megumi asked.

Kira said "I've been meaning to ask those two some questions....if I can lure Larceny out with the shard,maybe I can ask her."

Mia nodded. "We'll hide nearby,but we won't attack unless she does."

Larceny was cleaning the blood from Ransom's shoulder,he'd gotten a fracture. "You'll be okay..."

He was still unconcious,but she'd felt like saying it anyways.She finished up and put a large bandage on his shoulder,and set next to him in their room,holding his hand. "I'll get them for this..." She made a projection appear,she wanted to fight Kira,and saw that she was alone,in a junkyard. "There she is....I'll-"

She stopped suddenly as Kira yelled "Larceny!I have the last shard!I'll turn it over to you,if you come alone!"

Larceny's eyes narrowed,but she stood up. "Interesting...." She gazed at Ransom. "I'll be back right away...I promise."

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Mar 18, 2004, 09:28 AM
I'm starting to get over my cold,and i finished another chapter....here you go!

Chapter Six "Suspicions"
By PStar2cadet

Larceny materialized in the junkyard,with a Bartle accompanying her. Kira Yamaguchi asked "What do you need that for?"

Larceny held up her left arm,she had a Divinity Barrier there. "The scanner on my barrier says your friends are hiding in the junkyard,with weapons trained on me,I bet.Who is zooming who?If your friends don't attack,I won't.I'm here,what do you want?"

Kira asked "I want to know...you don't seem like a bad person...why are you working for Queen Bribery?"

Larceny flinched,but managed to say "I needed the work.The pay is good."

Suddenly,Kira exploded,tears running down her face as she screamed "WHY?!?You HATE why she's doing!!Ransom's hurt,and she's got you running all over for obelisk shards!!Why are you following her?!?"

Larceny stammered "We...pledged allegiance...to her...That's none of your..."

"And instead of taking care of Ransom,you're here chasing me,because of her agenda." Kira said.Larceny fell silent at that.Kira forged on "What was your life like before this?Was Ransom there?"

For a moment,Larceny's eyes seemed to clear as she said "Ransom and I....we were the best fighters in our academy....I had just asked him to marry me, when...the Queen....she...she...."

"You can't tell me....can you?" Kira asked sadly. "You've been brainwashed by her..." Kira decided to chance the question she'd ben suspecting for the last few days,since the final fight with Conspiracy.She meant it as a question,but it came out as a statement. "You and Ransom are Phantasm Soldiers,aren't you?"

Larceny took a few small steps backwards,her lower lip trembling.She looked like she wanted to cry.Suddenly,Kira knew it was true.Conspiracy and Extortion were pure evil,but Ransom and Larceny were Phantasm Soldiers,and somehow,Queen Bribery had lured them to her side.She must have done some terrible things to them to make them into agents of evil. "I...I have to go..." She and her Bartle telepiped away,without a fight.

Solitary Ranger was the first to come out of hiding. "That's why my readings of them were so odd....they've been brainwashed."

Jaycen Monroe/Phantasm Foie walked up with Mia Kingsley. "They're soldiers like us?"

Mia sighed,the shy Phantasm Barta was saddened about the situation. "But how do we help them?"

Megumi Shinokawa,the newest Phantasm Soldier,Phantasm Zonde said "I have a feeling if we defeat Queen Bribery,the brainwashing will wear off."

Larceny walked into the room she shared with Ransom,and she cleaned his shoulder injury again.This time,he was awake. "Hi..."

Larceny blinked in surprise. "You're awake."

"I wanted...to see you again." Ransom smiled weakly.

Now Larceny was in tears as she hugged him tightly. "What should we do?"

"I think..." Ransom said "...we'll figure things out,somehow..."

They kissed gently,and Larceny said "We may have one last mission before the end."

"We'll face it together." Ransom kissed her again.

Hours later,Larceny reported to Queen Bribery. "Your Majesty....we know that the Phantasm Soldiers have the last shard.With your permission,we'll be ready to get it,after a few days of training."

"Excellent.But be aware...time is running out.There's only very few of us left." She rose to her feet and said "I will not tolerate any more failure!"

Larceny backed up a step. "Yes,I am aware....you'll have the final shard." Now Larceny was sure something was wrong.Maybe Phantasm Resta was right....maybe something really,horribly wrong was happening.

"Um....Kira...." Jaycen ran after her into the park. "Um,I just wanted to say....I,um, appreciate all you've done to be our leader."

Kira blinked. "Why,thank you."

"And I know I'm not the best fighter...and well,um,I'll stay untill the end...and um..." Jaycen fumbled for words.

Kira shook her head and smiled. "Will you just shut up and kiss me, okay?We have some training to do."

Jayce blushed,and held her close. "Um,okay...."

And then she kissed him.

Back at Kira's house,Megumi asked "Solitary,what makes a Phantasm Soldier?"

"I was wondering that,also." Mia added.

Solitary Ranger said "Every so often,a person is born,especially gifted with a certain Technique.They can also do other Techniques,but their most powerful one,gives them their name.Kira is Phantasm Resta....she can use Barta,or Shift,but her best Technique,is Resta."

"Ah,I see." Mia replied.

Solitary went on "Phantasm Soldiers have fought evil for generations ....we've had soldiers like Alys,Rolf,Nei,Rhys,Chaz...even Sil'fer was a Phantasm Soldier.You can't escape destiny.But by having faith,and courage,you can honestly face it....and fight it."

"The toughest battle is ahead isn't it?" Megumi asked.

Mia nodded. "Queen Bribery must not be allowed to complete the obelisk and summon Dark Force."

Solitary Ranger rose from his chair. "We won't let her."

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Mar 19, 2004, 05:27 PM
Heya all.Found out today,my cold is actually bronchitis.Sometime this weekend,i'll post the conclusion to this story,and if there's enough demand,i may do a second series of Phantasm Soldiers with new enemies.(I have ideas already about that and a third series,but a third series would be the limit for Phantasm Soldiers.).After i post chapter eight,let me know what you think.^_^have a good weekend.

Chapter Seven "Revenge of the Phantasms"
By Pstar2cadet

Kira Yamaguchi dodged a punch from Larceny. "Why won't you listen?!?" Larceny yelled. "I'm trying to tell you..."

Kira snapped "I ask my friends to meet me for dinner,and you come out of nowhere brandishing a knife at me!"

"I didn't think you'd listen if I came unarmed,and you're not listening now!" Larceny went on.

Jaycen Munroe,Mia Kingsley,Megumi Shinokawa and Solitary Ranger came running. "Oh,man..." Jaycen muttered.

Mia brought up a Sniper as she ran,ready to fire.Suddenly,Ransom materialized,standing on the barrel of her rifle. "I wouldn't do that." He warned. "We're all in danger."

"Speak for yourself!" Megumi grabbed him and threw him at a pair of garbage cans.The Phantasm of Zonde was ready to start sparking,when the last Dark Force obelisk shard fell from her shirt pocket.She had it along so that Mia could examine it some more,but that was before they'd found out Kira was under attack.Ransom was up fast,firing a Lockgun at her.As she dove for cover,Ransom retrieved the shard. "Oh,no..."

Everyone stopped what they were doing as Ransom went to Larceny. "We have it...."

Larceny held the shard in her hand. "You'll never keep it away from Queen Bribery at this rate,Phantasms."

"What is this?" Jaycen asked. "Gloating before you unleash hell on Palma?"

"Wait....this is different." Mia said. "Go on."

Larceny nodded. "The Queen has become quite impatient....she's acting irrationally,and threatening to kill us if we fail,even though we're her last two warriors.I think..."

"There you are." A woman in golden armor appeared then,her red eyes of evil were ablaze. "You have the last shard?"

Ransom nodded. "Yes,Queen Bribery."

"And you must be the Phantasms who have given me such trouble." Queen Bribery directed at Kira and the others.

Solitary Ranger brought up a pair of Mechguns,and fired,but the evil queen deflected the attack with a gesture,the shots flew back and hit The Solitary Ranger. "Uurrghh!!"

Kira leapt forward,the speedy Phantasm Resta smacked her across the face,driving the queen back.Ransom and Larceny watched,a bit stunned.Queen Bribery roared and hit back, knocking Kira back a few feet as well. "Larceny,give me the shard!"

Larceny moved forward to do so,and halted. "Um,Your Highness.... Why are we collecting the shards?"

Queen Bribery gasped. "What?"

"Well,um...." Larceny fumbled over the words. "...we've been after the shards for so long....we've forgotten....why do we need them?"

"You're starting to remember too much." Queen Bribery hissed. "Just give me the SHARD!!"

Larceny jumped,startled. "Here..." She stood next to Ransom and gave the queen the shard.The nearly completed obelisk materialized behind the queen.

"Very good." Queen Bribery nodded.Suddenly,she blasted both Ransom and Larceny with a blast of Razonde. "FOOLS!!!You've outlived your purpose!You can die now!"

Ransom and Larceny collapsed on the ground.Kira yelled "What have you done?!?"

Queen Bribery laughed. "They're expendable!Why do you think I hired them?"

Ransom reached for Larceny's hand. "This is....what we've....worked for?My hands....are forever....dirty..."

Larceny's fingers touched his. "Ransom...I like...your hands...."

Then,they both moved no more.

Kira screamed in rage and hit the evil queen right between the eyes.No sooner did Queen Bribery throw Kira off of her,Mia jumped in,with a yell of her own,punching and kicking.The queen threw Mia at Kira and Solitary Ranger,but she got hit by a Foie fireball from Jaycen/Phantasm Foie.Queen Bribery hissed "Not bad....but you are all doomed....just like your fellow Phantasms here..."she indicated Ransom and Larceny.

"What did you do to them?!?" Megumi could barely contain her rage.

"They wanted to be stronger...." Queen Bribery gloated. "So I told them if they sold their souls to me,I would make them the strongest Phantasms ever. Too bad they didn't know they'd be my slaves!" She laughed manically,and said "Now...you will all die!!"

"Don't bet on it." Ransom rasped.He and Larceny were up again,but there was a new-found clarity in their eyes.

"I am the Phantasm of light,Phantasm Grants!" Larceny stated.

Ransom added "And I am the Phantasm of darkness,Phantasm Megid!"

"No!" Queen Bribery yelled. "How could you be rid of my control?!?"

"We have true love for each other." Larceny replied.

Ransom nodded. "And we stand by our fellow Phantasms."

Queen Bribery drew a Hell Halbert. "You will regret defying me!!!"

Larceny drew back her fist,and thrust it forward. "Light peircing!!"

Many arrows of light struck the evil queen.Right before Ransom made his attack,she began to throw the last shard at the obelisk. "Dark soul eater!" A burst of Megid blew through Queen Bribery's chest,the queen fell dead.

The last shard flew,as if guided,into position,and the obeslisk began to rumble. "Oh no...." Mia gasped. "It's too late...."

"What's going on?" Kira asked.

Ransom looked to her sadly. "Dark Force....he's coming.This may be our last battle,ever...."

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Mar 20, 2004, 12:29 PM
Chapter Eight "Shadows of darkness!Dark Force revives!"
By PStar2cadet

Kira Yamaguchi took a good look around at her allies.Mia Kingsley AKA Phantasm Barta was thoughtful,but ready,as a Ranger,she and the android, Solitary Ranger had many gun weapons at their disposal.Jaycen Munroe/Phantasm Foie and Megumi Shinokawa/Phantasm Zonde were Hunters,like herself,their forte was Sabers,Swords and other bladed weapons.Rounding out her fighting group was Ransom/Phantasm Megid and Larceny/Phantasm Grants,two Forces who'd recently freed of the evil mind control of Queen Bribery,there was no time to learn their last names,the obelisk was about to shatter,unleashing Dark Force,a legendary God of Destruction who seemed never to die,only to be banished for about 1,000 years at most. "Never say die." Kira said.They all nodded.

The obelisk exploded,and Dark Force appeared.It towered over them, it's strange skin/body a dark purple color.It seemed to cycle through different forms of evolution before taking the form of a stereotypical genie of the bottle:no feet,but a wispy tail,that flowed into a torso with huge clawed arms,and an ugly as sin head, much like it's form when Alys first found it inside a man named Lassic. "It's been a long time,since I was reborn....no one will stop me."

"It's our duty to stop you." Kira said. "You cannot be permitted to do as you please,causing chaos and taking lives!" Jaycen was proud of her,she had to be scared,like they all were,but she was determined to face this legendary evil and end it's reign.

"Phantasm Soldiers...." Dark Force noted. "It seems I am not the only one who is reborn.Every time I return,there's always a group of Phantasms who interfere.It amazes me that even now,the Phantasms are still around.Very well,a fight it will be."

It swung a huge,clawed hand at them.While mostly everyone dodged or jumped back,Kira jumped forward,bringing a Saber down on it's huge hand.Mia opened fire with her Mechguns,Solitary with his Shotgun.The evil entity screeched at the multiple hits. "I will make you feel Palma's rage,the rage of Phantasm Foie!" Jaycen threw a fireball at the thing's torso,it screamed more.It then responded by swinging it's other hand,knocking Jaycen,Kira,Mia and Solitary over.

Ransom cast Resta on them,his was weaker than Kira's,but still helpful.In the meantime,Larceny distracted Dark Force by hitting it with Grants. "Light piercing!!"

Dark Force was hit many times by rays of light. "To think you know Grants...you're powerful indeed." It's left hand morphed into a spiked mace. "Your life will end now!"

Ransom tackled Larceny out of the way. "I'm not letting you go just yet." Ransom said softly.Larceny blushed,but smiled,she had no intention of dying yet,either.

Megumi waved her arms,summoning a blast of Zonde. "The sparks of justice are hot,feel the wrath of Phantasm Zonde!!"

While Dark Force took the Zonde hit,Kira cast Resta on the group. "In the name of Palma,heal our wounds!" The group was refreshed,and ready for more now.

Dark Force snarled "Your bravado tries my patience!" he breathed a blast of Rafoie on them,knocking them all back.

Ransom and Larceny stood,and nodded to each other. "Nobody asked you!" They ran at the evil entity,and jumped into the air.Ransom swung a Tempest Striker,Larceny struck with a Blizzard Sawcer.The entity screamed and tried to hit them,but it missed,it was hurt quite a bit by all the attacks it'd taken thus far. "He's getting weaker,Kira!" Ransom shouted.

Kira nodded. "Let's do it!!"

Mia began chanting. "Let the evil spirt drown in the cold ice of justice. Barta ice trail!!!" A stream of Barta hit Dark Force,then,it got hit by Megumi's Gigush strikes,and Jaycen's Brand slashes.

Solitary Ranger readied his Shotgun. "As long as there are people,there is hope for all life.Crawl back to where you came from!" He fired a few times, scoring numberous hits.

Dark Force screamed "DIEEE!!!" He blasted them with another blast of Gifoie,knocking them all down,except Kira,who was out of range.

"Kira!!Do it!" Megumi tossed her Gigush to Kira.

Kira caught it,and ran at Dark Force.It was drawing back to slam a clawed fist into her.

Jaycen raised an Autogun. "I don't think so." he fired,hitting Dark Force right between the eyes.

"Errraaaagghhh....." Dark Force lost the momentum with it's punch.

Kira slammed the Gigush into Dark Force's torso. "You die first!!"

Dark Force screamed as it began to dissolve. "EERRRAAAGHH!!!I WILL NOT FORGET THIS!!YOUR DESCENDANTS WILL FACE ME ONE DAY!!AAAARRGGGHHH!!!!!" And then,it was gone.

Kira ran over to her friends. "You all okay?"

"Yeah." Megumi nodded,standing up.

Solitary seemed at a loss for words. "I'm...so proud of what you've all done."

Larceny patted Solitary on the shoulder. "It was a team effort.You helped,too."

Mia said "Statistically,we did have even odds in that battle." Then she giggled. "Um,just kidding,we kicked butt,right?"

Megumi laughed. "Got that right."

Ransom asked "But,what do we do now?"

Larceny said "We should try to be stronger,and practice more,in case a new threat arrives.Shall we go on a training trip,Ransom?Just you and me?"

Ransom blushed as she kissed him. "Okay....sounds nice!"

Kira looked to Jaycen. "And you,Mr.Munroe...."

Jaycen looked confused. "Uh,yes,Kira?"

"How about that date I promised you?" Kira smiled.

Jaycen sighed happily. "It's fun being one of the heroes."

The end?

PStar2cadet
Mar 20, 2004, 12:31 PM
well,there's chapter eight,i left it open ended,in case anyone wants more adventures written up...i'm gonna take a few days,just in case,to hammer out more ideas and notes,and if enough people want them,i'll make more chapters to this series.Let me know what you think,and thanks for reading,it's appreciated!

with thanks,
PStar2cadet

PStar2cadet
Mar 23, 2004, 10:52 PM
Act 2,Chapter Nine "A New Threat"
By PStar2cadet

Kira Yamaguchi was at a soda shop with Jaycen Munroe.About two weeks had passed since the battles with Queen Bribery and Dark Force,and Kira had begun to date Jaycen. "So,what do you want to do today?" Jaycen asked.

Kira smiled. "As long as I'm with you,I don't mind what it is."

Jaycen smiled,reaching for her hand.They left the shop,and were on their way to meet their friends,not noticing that they were being watched.

"Look at them..." Rubik said haughtily.He and his girlfriend,Jigsaw stood on a jagged ledge,looking down at the city of Neo Algo. "They have no idea how much we are suffering.It is only fair that we change their world."

"So we're going to play a game with them?" Jigsaw asked,brushing back her long,green hair.

"Oh,yes....quite." Rubik nodded. "The last world we were on,we tried to settle there,but they banned us because of our C.A.R.D. technology.This planet is too beautiful to pass up.We'll deal them a new hand!" He pulled out a few C.A.R.D. packets,and held them out. "Okay,Jigsaw,pick a card,any card."

Jigsaw smiled,pulling on a C.A.R.D. as the wind ruffled Rubik's black hair. "I pick this one...."

Rubik looked at it. "Excellent choice!Come forth,Delbiter!Steal as much of these people's energy as you can!"

A Delbiter jumped out of the C.A.R.D.,and ran into the city.

Jigsaw smiled. "The fun begins."

Kira and Jaycen were waving to the others when all hell broke loose. People started screaming and falling unconcious. "What's going on?!?" Megumi Shinokawa/Phantasm Zonde asked a passerby.

"That Delbiter's attacking people and making them sick!!" the citizen yelled.

"What on earth?!?" Mia Kingsley,AKA Phantasm Barta,exclaimed,as she touched a button on her glasses,activating a hidden scanner. "It can't be...!"

Jaycen felt a majorly bad psychic vibe then. "It's a new enemy!" He pulled out a Breaker,and began to attack the Delbiter.The monster hit him back with a running body slam,sending him sprawling.

"You can't treat my friends like that!" Kira yelled. "In the name of Palma,Phantasm Resta will defeat you!" She pulled out a Brand,and scored a hit to it's head.The Delbiter smacked her on the hand,sending her Brand clattering across the sidewalk.It opened it's mouth to blast her with an energy beam,when suddenly,a laser shot hit the ground in front of it.

The Delbiter looked up to see The Solitary Ranger standing on a nearby rooftop with a Sniper. "Evil creatures that don't have any manners have no place in this world.It's up to you,Phantasm Resta."

Kira nodded.She drew a pair of Assaults,and fired,nailing the Delbiter many times,untill it died,leaving a burnt out C.A.R.D. behind. "What the...?"

Mia announced. "C.A.R.D. technology.It was banned a number of years ago...why is someone using them still?"

Megumi sighed. "In any case,it looks like we have a new enemy."

Jaycen nodded. "Yes...we can expect more incidents soon.I'll need to increase my meditations...this could get rough."

Kira groaned as she cast Resta,to heal the wounds she and Jaycen had gotten.She'd thought all the chaos was behind her.She thought wrong.

Rubik frowned. "Man...someone majorly toasted our monster."

"What do we do now?" Jigsaw asked. "We need some medicine,and soon.We can't keep going from planet to planet...."

Rubik sighed. "I know....Let's take a day or two to get used to this town,make it look like we're normal citizens,make some friends.In the end...we'll take all their energy from right under their nose."

In a forest many miles away,Ransom Kino was lying down on a lawn chair,his eyes closed in deep thought.He felt something was amiss,and his training retreat was almost done.He thought of the events of the last few weeks,and he had wondered what would happen next.

"You're in your own world again." came a soft voice.Larceny Kuji was looking down at him lovingly,her arms folded on the back of the lawn chair. "I'm getting jealous...don't leave me alone here,loverboy."

The two of them were an interesting pair.Ransom at 5 foot 8 with short brown hair,Larceny at 6 feet even,with long blonde hair in a ponytail.Phantasms Megid and Grants,even when they were under Queen Bribery's control,they played fair,and were practically inseperable. "I'd never leave you." Ransom said.His face took on a thoughtful expression. "Phantasm Resta's in a jam again."

Larceny nodded. "You felt it too,then...a new enemy.Do you think we should go back?"

Ransom stood. "Yes...it's time to go back.We have a mission to accomplish." He reached out for her hand.

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Mar 25, 2004, 09:35 AM
Heya,here's chapter ten,i'll have chapter 11 up either this weekend,or on monday.Enjoy!

(Act 2) Episode Ten "Stacked Deck"
By PStar2cadet

Kira Yamaguchi was lost in thought.She wandered down the streets of Neo Algo aimlessly,trying to think of what her new enemy might be doing.Little did she know,she was about to run into one of them.She rounded a corner and walked right into Rubik,who was also lost in thought. "Oh,sorry about that...."

Rubik blinked,she seemed familiar. "No,it's my fault...I'm really sorry. I need to watch where I'm going."

Kira nodded. "I'm Kira....Nice to meet you."

"I'm,uh...Rubin Jameson." Rubik lied. "Nice to meet you."

"Cool.Maybe I'll see you around." Kira headed off.

"She seems bright and cheerful." Rubin said quietly.

Jigsaw materialized next to him. "A perfect target for our C.A.R.D. monsters."

Rubik smiled. "Just what I was thinking."

Kira sat down next to Mia Kingsley and Jaycen Monroe at a fast food place. "Where's Solitary Ranger and Megumi?" Kira asked.

"They're examining that odd card...." Mia said. "I'm wondering who would still be using those things."

Jaycen asked "Wasn't C.A.R.D. technology banned because of the Germ being so toxic that it produced unwanted health side effects?"

Kira nodded. "Yes....but someone seems set on using it anyways."

Mia looked out the window,and saw a Chaos Sorcerer staring back at her.Before she could say anything,it smashed the window open with it's staff. "Aaaiiiee!!"

Kira,Mia and Jaycen picked themselves up off the floor. "This is inexcusable!" Kira said. "I can't even have a hamburger with you monsters wrecking things!I'll defeat you,in the name of Palma!"

The Chaos Sorcerer cast Rafoie,sending them flying a few feet through the air.It was closing in on them,when a Slicer slammed into the ground right in front of it.Chaos Sorcerer turned to see two new warriors.

"Why don't you fight us?" Larceny Kuji asked. "The Phantasm of light, Phantasm Grants,shining through the night!"

Ransom Kino added "Likewise,Phantasm Megid,the Phantasm of Darkness,darkening your hopes of conquest!"

"Guys....be careful...." Kira said,reaching in her pocket for a Monomate.

"Light piercing!!" Larceny hit the Chaos Sorcerer with Grants,it screamed in pain.

The Chaos Sorcerer teleported behind them and smacked them with it's staff. "Grrraaahhh!!!"

Suddenly,Mia stood,quite angry. "I'll not let you hurt my firends!!" Her battle aura shined blue,she seemed to grow more powerful. "I'm the Phantasm of cold justice...Phantasm...Gibarta!!" Mia's uniform shifted to a different shade of blue. "Sparkling Gibarta Mirage!!!" A blast of Gibarta froze the Chaos Sorcerer solid. "Kira,now's your chance!!"

Kira nodded,and drew her Brand. "Take this!!" She hit the frozen Chaos Sorcerer,it shattered into tiny pieces.

The burnt out C.A.R.D. clattered to the floor. "Someone's using C.A.R.D.s yet?" Ransom asked.

"Yeah,they appeared out of nowhere." Jaycen said. "We still don't know who's doing it."

Kira cast Resta on them all. "I wonder when they'll reveal themselves to us?"

"I have a feeling it may be soon." Larceny said.

Rubik sighed softly. "Chaos Sorcerer managed to get some energy drained before getting killed." He began to send the energy to Jigsaw.

She sighed happily,but then had a convulsion. "Uughh!"

Rubik rushed to her side immediatly. "What's wrong?"

"I'm still....a little sick...." Jigsaw managed to smile.

"Damn...." Rubik said. "We still haven't figured out why we're so sick...where did we get this virus?"

Jigsaw sighed. "I don't know....But we must keep taking energy,alot more of it...if we're gonna stay alive."

Rubik nodded. "Then pick a card...we'll take some more energy." He held some C.A.R.D.s out to her.

Jigsaw smiled,and pulled on one. "Hmm....Morphos....the deadly butterfly."

"Yes...deadly to those enemies of ours...." Rubik commented. "Hee hee hahahahahahaaahaaa!!!"

Megumi Shinokawa/Phantasm Zonde and Solitray Ranger had just got a message from Kira,to meet them at her house. "Kira said Phantasms Megid and Grants are back...it'll be nice to have some extra help." Solitary commented.

Megumi nodded. "Hard to believe they were once our enemies.I'm glad they're free of Queen Bribery's evil."

Just then,they spotted Morphos,a few feet in front of them,draining the energy from three little kids. "Oh,no!" Solitary exclaimed. "We don't have time to get Kira over here...."

Megumi agreed. "We'll take him on,ourselves." They readied their weapons.

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Mar 27, 2004, 04:17 PM
Chapter Eleven "Recollection"
By PStar2cadet

Megumi Shinokawa/Phantasm Zonde and the Solitary Ranger ran as fast as they could.A Morphos was draing the energy from a small group of kids. Megumi pulled out and Handgun and fired,scoring a hit.The kids ran off weakly, as the Morphos turned it's attention to them.Solitary was raising a Sniper,when some guy dropped down from an overhead awning,with a Buster,cutting the Sniper in half. "I can't let you do that!" Rubik said,wagging a finger.

Megumi turned,ready to shoot him,but Jigsaw came running,she slammed her into a nearby set of trash cans. "Likewise."

By this time,Solitary had made a call for help,and he drew a Shotgun. "Reach for the sky,villians!"

Rubik smiled. "I don't think so!" He drew a C.A.R.D. and threw it,a Dark Berla appeared. "Try this one."

"You!!" Megumi yelled. "You're the ones who've been causing all our problems!I'll kick your butts all the way to Hades!!" She got ready to cast Zonde, but suddenly,new words came to her,as her battle aura glowed yellow. "I call a chain of lightning to vanquish your evil!I'm...Phantasm Gizonde!!!" The stream of lightning hit Dark Berla,then,it went from it to hit Morphos.Solitary finished both of the monsters off with three shots of his Shotgun. "I'm...more powerful..." Megumi said softly,she looked herself over,it seemed like she had just got taller by about two inches,somehow.

Rubik did a double take,as Kira Yamaguchi arrived with Mia Kingsley and Jaycen Munroe. "Kira...?" He asked hesitantly.

"Rubin...?" Kira asked.He'd lied to her earlier,saying his name was ‘Rubin'. "What are you...?"

Megumi snapped "Him and his girlfriend are the ones that have been draining people's energy with C.A.R.D. technology!"

"We're enemies....?" Kira asked.

Jigsaw snapped "Darn right!You know nothing of our pain,and our needs!"

Suddenly,Rubik's eyes went wide,and he gasped.Jigsaw looked,and she froze in her tracks also.Kira followed their gaze,to Larceny Kuji and Ransom Kino,AKA Phantasms Grants and Megid. "You two again...." Larceny muttered.

"You know them?" Jaycen asked.

Ransom nodded,he and Larceny both remembering in an instant.

It was awhile back......Larceny and Ransom were polishing their weapons,when Rubik and Jigsaw had first approached them. "We heard of you two...we want to be strong,just like you!" Rubik said.

"We can't do anything on our own..." Jigsaw cried. "The government people are mean to us,they take our money and leave us with no homes!!All for their funding of another Pioneer Project!!"

"We can't help you." Larceny said. "I don't think..."

Then,a voice said "Maybe we can help them." A woman in golden armor was approaching,with two other people with her.

Larceny and Ransom bowed. "Quenn Bribery..."

Queen Bribery said "I could use some more generals for my army." Then,in an ancient language that Rubik and Jigsaw didn't know,Queen Bribery said "Extortion,Conspiracy,prepare the mind control liquid."

"Yes,my Queen." Extortion nodded,and he left with Conspiracy.

Queen Bribery said "You'll find,that by allying yourself with me,you will become strong warriors,like Ransom and Larceny here."

Rubik smiled. "We'll be able to defeat anyone!"

Extortion returned with a large glass of a dark purple liquid. "All set."

Conspiracy was holding a large pack of C.A.R.D.s. "I have their new weapons."

Queen Bribery smiled. "This drink will make you incredibly strong."

Jigsaw looked to Rubik and smiled. "Go." Rubik then slammed into Extortion,knocking the pitcher out of his grasp,it shattered on the floor,the liquid ate away at the metallic floor.At the same time,Jigsaw punched out Conspiracy and stole the C.A.R.D.s from her. "We're already strong!We just wanted some free weapons!"

They ran down the hall,and telepiped away. "Those fools..." Bribery hissed.

Extortion was helping Conspiracy up. "They can fight...Should we go find them?"

Conspiracy shook her head. "The C.A.R.D.s will eventually kill them."

Queen Bribery nodded as well. "C.A.R.D.s were banned,due to the fact that prolonged exposure to the Germ inside them begins to wapr a person's mind,they cann see things that are not their,they go insane,get sick...and eventually, if the C.A.R.D.s are not removed,those two will die of toxic poisoning.They've signed their own death warrant."

As Bribery went to her throne room,with Extortion and Conspiracy in tow,Ransom withdrew a C.A.R.D. from his pants pocket. "One C.A.R.D. won't hurt me..." He put the item back in his pocket.

Larceny took Ransom in her arms. "I won't let anything hurt you."

Returning their thoughts to the present,Ransom and Larceny said to Kira "They stole the C.A.R.D.s from Queeen Bribery,when we were on her side."

Kira looked to Rubik and Jigsaw. "You two have to stop using the C.A.R.D.s!!You'll..."

"Silence!!" Jigsaw yelled. "You're not here to order us around!!" She drew a C.A.R.D. and threw it,a Diminean appeared. "Kill those pests!!"

"Stop this at once!!You're marching toward your own deaths!!" Jaycen threw a Foie fireball at the Diminean,wounding it.

The Diminean swung it's sharp arms,cutting gashes on Jaycen's left arm. "Rraaagghhhh!" The Diminean growled.

Mia brought up a Lockgun,and shot the Diminean dead. "Please listen!! If you keep using the C.A.R.D.s,you'll only be..."

Jigsaw yelled "I don't care,as long as we take your energy!!" She threw another C.A.R.D.,and a Delbiter appeared.

As the Phantasm Soldiers prepared their next attacks,none of them,not even Rubik,noticed that Jigsaw was starting to look a little pale.

Like she was dying of an illness.

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Mar 28, 2004, 05:37 PM
(Act 2) Chapter Twelve "You say you want a revolution?"
By PStar2cadet

Kira Yamaguchi swung her Brand dow,killing another C.A.R.D. monster. "Please!You must listen!!"

Rubik wasn't having any of it. "You know absolutely nothing of our suffering!We'll show you what a C.A.R.D. Revolution really is!No one can beat us!!"

"Especially not you!" Jigsaw said,even as she was turning pale.

"Don't you see what the C.A.R.D.s are doing to you?!?" Ransom Kino pointed at Jigsaw.

Rubik looked,he was concerned,but didn't want to show it. "She's just .....ill from looking at you people!I'll get you out of our way,and she'll be back to normal!"

"Are you that dense?" Larceny Kuji asked. "Those C.A.R.D.s were banned because the Germ infects people,makes them hallucinate,drives them insane before they kill the users!If you don't give up those C.A.R.D.s,your girlfriend and you will die!Wake up from the evil mind!We're trying to help you!!"

Jigsaw began to swoon a little,and Rubik stammered "That's not..... you're....you're lying to me!!" He drew C.A.R.D.,and threw it,a Claw appeared.
The Claw acted swiftly,destroying the Phantasm Soldier's weapons.

Megumi Shinokawa,having recently evolved into Phantasm Gizonde, threw a blast of Gizonde at Rubik and the Claw. "I'll end your crazed insanity with the sparking chain of justice!!Sparkling chain Gizonde!!" Rubik was injured,and the Claw was destroyed.

Rubik managed to laugh. "You Phantasms have no weapons left...just your techniques...while I have this Breaker!" He drew a Breaker,and was ready to swing.

"Don't be so sure." Ransom reahce dinto his pocket,drawing the one C.A.R.D. he'd kept from long ago.He threw the C.A.R.D. into the air,it turned into a pair of Mechguns.He grabbed the Mechguns and fired immediatly,destroying Rubik's Breaker. "You're not the only one who can play that game."

Rubik was ready to cast a technique,when suddenly,Jigsaw collapsed. "Jigsaw!!What's wrong?!?"

"We tried to tell you...you have to get rid of those C.A.R.D.s!!" Mia Kingsley/Phantasm Gibarta said. "They're what's making you ill!All C.A.R.D.s emit toxic radiation!The fact that you've been carrying a full deck all this time has increased it by 30 times!"

"Please,get rid of those things!" Jaycen Munroe/Phantasm Foie pleaded.

Rubik held Jigsaw in his arms. "We...we wanted to be strong....but we've been weak all along..."

Kira rested her hand on his shoulder. "Get rid of the C.A.R.D.s,and I promise I'll do what I can to help you."

Rubik was torn between saving Jigsaw and defeating the Phantasm Soldiers.In the end,he did what he had to do,to finally win it all.He took his C.A.R.D.s,and Jigsaw's,and threw them into the air.He cast Rafoie,the large explosion destroyed the C.A.R.D.s. "Jigsaw...is more important."

Kira nodded and began to cast Resta. "Algo Resta Healation!!" Jigsaw's normal skin tone began to return.Even Rubik looked a bit better.

Mia administered an Antidote to both Jigsaw and Rubik,as well. "That should do it..."

Jigsaw coughed a little,and awoke. "Rubik...."

Rubik smiled. "It's okay....we're going to be okay now."

A few minutes later,the two groups were saying good-bye. "I'm really sorry about all this...our greed for power was what led to this." Rubik said.

"What matters now is that you're both okay." Solitary Ranger said.

"Thanks for healing us." Jigsaw added. "We'll try to get stronger,but without using C.A.R.D.s."

Kira smiled. "No problem." As Jigsaw and Rubik walked off,hand in hand,Kira slid her arm around Jaycen. "I think...they'll make it this time."

Jaycen nodded. "Me too,darling."

Kira blushed,as Megumi teased "Oooo....a personal nickname....you two better behave!"

Larceny giggled as Ransom slid his arm around her. "Those crazy kids..."

Four days later,in the nearby kingdom of Kohan,Prince Canadine sat on his throne.His advisor,a man calling himself ‘The Prophet',was saying "My Prince... the people of Palma are restless...they fear us,because of our dark powers...they even had an epidemic with C.A.R.D.s,which had made people more angry.They will not hesitate to act against us....We must take revenge,for what their ancestors did to ours,making us live in exile,in this kingdom,because of our dark powers.We must strike now."

Prince Canadine brushed back his shoulder length green hair. "Sage advice,as always.I will start immediatly.Epsilon...."

Epsilon walked into the room.He was the younger brother of Prince Canadine,he had short red hair. "Yes,brother?"

"Prepare some of your Gilchic droids." Prince Canadine said. "The time has come,to take back our true place on Palma."

"So,we're finally striking?" Garanz asked.He had spikey blue hair,and an evil glint in his eyes.

Vol Opt,a girl with long,orange hair,nodded. "Yes....we'll finally reclaim our place from them."

The Prophet warned "Be wary of the Phantasm Soldiers.They will undoubtedly try to stop us." His hood hung low over his face,only his aged mouth could be seen.

Prince Canadine mused softly "Phantasm Soldiers...those naturally gifted with special techniques....I wonder now....how long wil they last?Heh heh heh heh...."

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Mar 30, 2004, 09:23 PM
(Act 2) Chapter Thirteen "Garanz strikes!A new enemy!"
By PStar2cadet

In the kingdom of Kohan,Prince Canadine sat on his throne,talking to Garanz. "I want you to make the first move.We'll start an attack.If those Phantasm Soldiers appear,eliminate them.The Prophet has advised us to clear them out as soon as possible,they are an obsticle to us.When the vaunted Phantasms fall,the rest of the planet will realize that no one can stand before us....we will get our heritage back."

"Yes,Your Highness." Garanz nodded,giving a downward tug to his dark green vest.

Prince Canadine waved over his brother,Epsilon. "You have a droid ready?"

Epsilon nodded. "Here's a Gilchic...this one is a basic droid,but it should suffice.I wish to see how powerful they are against it.If the droid fails,I can enhance the next one's power to deal with them."

The Gilchic stood ready to fight.Garanz nodded,and left,the Gilchic followed.

"We cannot fail." Prince Canadine smiled.

Epsilon said nothing,but nodded.He thought there was something odd about The Prophet,but he kept his peace.And yet...he was troubled.

Kira Yamaguchi was dancing with Jaycen Munroe outside,as a nearby radio played a slow,romantic song.It was almost 8 P.M.,and in the last few days, they'd gotten closer,something about being both good friends and battle comrades, and the fact that they were able to resolve things with Rubik and Jigsaw had worked some magic on them.Kira smiled,looking into his eyes.Jayce blushed, and looked away. "Hee hee..." Kira giggled. "Do I have that effect on you?Or is it the smuuner night?"

Jayce smiled,and looked at her again. "I guess so.Both."

They had just started to kiss,when they heard a voice say "If you two are going to get mushy,I'll leave." They whirled and saw a girl,she looked about 10 years old,and she had a camera aimed at them.

"Uh...what are you doing?" Jaycen asked.

The girl smiled. "Pay no mind...I'm just getting some pictures for my parents."

Kira blushed and began to freak out. "What do you think you're doing, you little...!"

Jayce put a hand over Kira's mouth,and said softly "Kira...she's just a kid."

Kira blushed. "Oh...yeah..."

Suddenly,a woman screamed from nearby.She and her little boy were being attacked by a Gilchic! "What the heck?!?" Kira yelped.

Jaycen drew a Autogun. "Time to go to work..."

The Gilchic saw them and spoke in a mechanical voice "Give me your data."

Kira blinked. "My data...?"

"Your combat data....I can sense you are Phantasm Soldiers." the Gilchic said.

"The only thing you're getting is a butt-kicking!" Jaycen yelled.

Kira nodded. "Yeah,what he said,with a cherry on top!" She drew her Brand.

The Gilchic fired it's wrist laser,sending Jaycen's Autogun flying through the air.Kira rushed the droid,and severed it's left arm with her Brand. "You must do better than that!"

The Gilchic slapped her across the face with it's right arm,knocking her down. "You are strong...I must collect more data...."

Jaycen roared "Collect THIS!!" He threw a Foie fireball at it,knocking it backwards a few feet.The Gilchic collapsed on the ground,and self-destructed.

"Not bad....Just what I expect from the Phantasm Soldiers!" came a voice.There was a guy with spikey blue hair,dressed in a green vest,with blue and white camouflage pants HOVERING in midair!

Kira demanded "Who are you?!?"

"A member of the Dark Flow Clan from the kingdom of Kohan.... Steel Garanz." The guy said,a haughty,proud look on his face.

Jaycen shouted "Why are you attacking people?!?"

"Our goal here...is to change the people's acceptance of us!And in order to do that....you Phantasms..." He began to charge dark energy between his hands. "....you must die." He thrust his hands forward with a yell,and a large orb of Megid flew at them.

Jaycen grabbed Kira by the waist and leapt out of the way,the spot on the sidewalk where they had been standing hissed as Megid acid ate away at the grey concrete. "You okay?"

Kira nodded.Suddenly,a Slicer flew by Garanz's face,making a slight cut on his cheek. "Uuurrgghhh!!"

The Solitary Ranger was standing nearby,a Slicer in hand. "I will not tolerate a villian to run our peaceful times." He said,his metallic body gleaming in the shine of a streetlight.

"Don't lecture me!!" Garanz drew a Slicer of Assassin,and threw it at the android.

Solitary Ranger drew his Sniper,and fired,blowing the weapon apart.

Kira and Jaycen were getting ready to attack,and Garanz knew it was time to quit.....for now. "I'll make sure you pay for this!" he telepiped away,still hovering in midair.

"We'd better tell the others...we have a new enemy." Solitary ranger said.

"Another one?" Kira moaned.

Jaycen nodded. "This is our duty,as Phantasm Soldiers."

"I know..." Kira sighed. "I just wish we'd had more time before more enemies ruined our lives....I just want a normal life...."

Jaycen rested his hands on her shoulders. "I know...I do too.But we can't do this without you."

Kira nodded. "Thanks,Jaycen."

A few feet away,the girl with the camera was saying softly "Phantasm Soldiers...I need to follow them!"

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 1, 2004, 09:28 AM
(Act 2) Chapter Fourteen "Capture!Garanz's bold plan"
By PStar2cadet

Prince Canadine sat on his throne,in the kingdom of Kohan. "So,the Phantasm Soldiers are strong,as we expected..."

Garanz nodded. "I have a plan...."

Vol Opt laughed,shaking her long blond hair. "You'll fail again,I take it?"

"Vol Opt,stop...this is no laughing matter." Prince Canadine's brother, Epsilon,walked into the room. "Brother....why are we doing this?Those people in Neo Algo didn't even know that we exsisted until The Prophet had us attack them.... You're trusting him too blindly. "

Prince Canadine narrowed his eyes,but only said "Your objection is noted."

Garanz tried to get things back on track. "I'll need two or three more droids...but I am certain I'll succeed."

Prince Canadine considered it. "Prophet?"

The Prophet seemed to ooze up through the floor,almost as if he was made of liquid,or being transparent. "Garanz will succeed this time.Give him what he needs,and we'll be well on our way."

The prince nodded. "Epsilon,I leave it to you to create the droids."

Epsilon fumed,but kept his peace. "Of course."

Kira Yamaguchi walked down the street,with Jaycen Munroe. "What in the world are we going to do about these new enemies?" Kira asked. "Everytime we defeat one enemy,another appears!"

"I'm wondering what the intentions of this group is...and why are they striking now?" Jaycen said.

Kira mused "Maybe they heard about the recent C.A.R.D. incident we were in...."

"That's it exactly." came a voice from behind them.Kira and Jaycen looke to see the ten year old girl that had surprised them very recently. "They know you're a bit weakened from your last few battles."

Kira frowned. "And how would you know that?"

"Mom told me a long time ago...." the girl said. "Oh,wait...that hasn't happened yet...."

That part freaked Jaycen out a bit. "Not....happened yet?"

Suddenly, a trio of Dubchics burst from beneath the ground.They began wailing on Jaycen right away.Kira yelled into her communicator "An enemy! Come quick!!" She pulled out an Autogun and began firing.The robots began to turn towards her. "Oh...crud..."

Just then,a hovercar flying overhead began to descend. "You called?" Megumi Shinokawa/Phantasm Gizonde jumped out. "We were shopping nearby." Mia Kingsley,AKA Phantasm Gibarta also jumped out,with The Solitary Ranger.

"Dubchics..." Solitary noted. "We have to hurt them enough so that their control unit appears to fix them." He pulled out a pair of Assaults and began shooting.

"Sparkling Gizonde chain!!" Megumi sent a blast of Gizonde at the Dubchics,knocking them all over.As one got back up,Kira used her Brand to sever it's left leg.The control unit flew down from 30 feet in the air,and began to repair the Dubchics. "Ok,let's get it!"

Mia nodded. "I'm on it!" She was already drawing a Lockgun.

Suddenly,Garanz appeared,throwing blasts of Megid at the group. Phantasms Gizonde,Gibarta,Foie and The Solitary Ranger fell dead. "You are all pathetic.It's a wonder how you lasted this long."

"So,you can hurl Megid." came a familiar voice. "How good are you?" Ransom Kino/Phantasm Megid emerged from the shadows,with Larceny Kuji,AKA Phantasm Grants.

"Good enough for you." Garanz tried to hit them with Megid,but these two were amazingly fast,they dodged it easily. "Hmm....you are good....but who are you?"

"I am the Phantasm of darkness,Phantasm Megid." Ransom said.

"And I'm the Phantasm of light,Phantasm Grants." Larceny added. "We can't let you do as you please in this town."

The little girl blinked,seeing the two new arrivals.Why hadn't she noticed them before?

Garanz drew a pair of Gatling and fired,scoring a few hits on both Phantasms Megid and Grants. "I've always been quick on the draw.Time for you to die!"

Suddenly,the little girl stepped in front of Ransom and Larceny,holding a Striker out to block Garanz's advance. "Hold!"

"What do you think you're doing?" Garanz hissed.

The girl looked to Ransom and Larceny,and said "I'll revive your friends.You keep him and his control unit busy."

"What the heck?" Kira asked,the Dubchics were almost to her,they were moving slow,still damaged a bit.

"Who are you...?" Larceny asked.

The girl said simply "I'm you and Ransom's future daughter,the Phantasm of rebirth,Phantasm Reverser." and then she turned to face the fallen Phantasms and Solitary Ranger.

It was when Garanz got ready to strike the girl that Ransom and Larceny got over their shock. "Get away!!" Larceny slammed her shoulder into Garanz's stomach,as Ransom smacked Garanz across the face.

The girl cast Reverser,and yelled "Life Reverser revolution!" Slowly, Jaycen,Mia, Megumi and Solitary began to get to their feet again.

At this time,Kira brought her Brand down on the control unit,the Dubchics self-destructing. "I won't be defeated!!" Garanz yelled,as he drew Hold Vulcans.He paralized Mia,Megumi and Jaycen.He then activated a button on his Divinity Barrier,and Mia,Megumi and Jaycen vanished. "If you want your friends back,come to my lair,the Forbidden Zone in sector 9....I'll be waiting!Hahahaha!!" Then he disappeared,too.

"The Forbidden Zone...the wasteland where the remains of many dead Hunters are buried..." Solitary said. "Why there?"

"He's got a trap there." the little girl said. "You can't give up!"

Larceny asked "It's time you gave us some answers.What's your name?And why are you here?"

The girl said "My name is Greta Kinokuji...I came from the future, because later,when you tell me about your battles with the Dark Flow Clan,you said that you wished you had more help to fight them,as it was one of the toughest fights in you and Ransom's lives.I couldn't let my parents face that evil alone!" She then latched on to Larceny and Ransom. "I'll tell you the rest later...we have to save your friends!"

Ransom and Larceny looked to Kira. "She's right,we must go."

Kira nodded,and walked over to the hovercar. "Let's go."

Larceny picked Greta up and carried her. "Ok,if you're really my future daughter,pay attention.We'll trust you,but be careful,these guys are ready to kill."

Ransom nodded. "They tried to kill a few Phantasms already,they won't hesitate to add you to the list,either.Stay close to us,and be mindful of the enemy."

Greta nodded,happy to have found her future parents. "I will."

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 4, 2004, 02:49 PM
(Act 2) Chapter Fifteen "Vol Opt takes charge"
By PStar2cadet

The Forbidden Zone was a huge area,where dead Hunters were buried, due to the people's requests to spiritually ‘return them to the planet'.It was a sacred burial ground,only government workers were allowed to go there.But as the group went in,they saw some of the guards were outcold,druggged with tranquilizers.Kira Yamaguchi looked over to Solitary Ranger,Ransom Kino,Larceny Kuji and Greta Kinokuji. "Stay alert...I can sense he's here..."

As they moved into the burial grounds,they were aware of something odd.It seemed like the ground was...sparkling. "Get ready...." Greta advised.

Not ten seconds later,Gilchics burst out of the ground,their armor sparkling. "I hope you like my welcoming commitee!" Garanz laughed,from a nearby hoverbike. "They'll keep attacking untill you're dead!You can join the Hunters here!"

Solitary drew a Spread,he took down three of the robots at once. "Fighting on a sacred ground...This guy has no decency..."

Garanz was starting his hoverbike up. "It's been rotten knowing you!" he laughed.

Ransom pointed to another hoverbike. "Kira,go after him...we'll stay here!"

Kira was running for the hoverbike,even as Garanz sped off on his.She jumped on the hoverbike,and started it,going after Garanz.

Greta drew her Striker,and took off one Gilchic's head. "She'll be okay." She said to Ransom.

"But,where are the others?" Larceny asked,as she swung a Breaker to demolish 3 Gilchics.

"Garanz is leading her to them." Greta replied. "That's why he put the bike there on purpose."

Kira pulled up and saw Garanz's bike parked in front of a small mineshaft.Garanz was a few feet in front of the mineshaft,on a platform,Jaycen Munroe,Mia Kingsley and Megumi Shinokawa were chained to a stone column. "Okay,enough of your games,Steel Garanz!Let them go!"

"As you wish." He drew a Pallasch,and said "Now we'll see if you have what it takes." he charged her,she barely had time to draw her Buster.She deflected the attack,ducked another attack,and took a good swing.Garanz blocked it,but he jumped back and said "Not bad...maybe I have underestimated you...but you still won't win!" he lunged again,and the fight continued.

As they fought their way past the imprisoned Phantasm Soldiers,Jaycen stuck out his leg,tripping Garanz.Kira came forward to strike,but Garanz lashed out with his leg,kicking her in the chin.As Kira stumbled backwards,Garanz jumped up fast and charged at her,she recovered and blocked the attack.Kira managed to get an Autogun out,she fired at the ropes holding the others.The rope was badly damaged, and Mia said softly to Megumi "Use those muscles,the rope should be weak enough by now."

Megumi nodded,she began to strain against the ropes. "It's working..."

Kira jumped across the minshaft hole,and turned around.Garanz jumped after her and swung his Pallasch at her. "It's time for you to beg for your life!No one will stop us from reclaiming our rightful place!You think you can look odwn on us because we have dark powers??We just want the same rights as you!"

"So you kidnap my friends and try to kill me?!?" Kira demanded. "You're so full of crap!"

Garanz smiled nastily as he thrust a Repeater in her face with his other hand. "Anything to win the battle."

Suddenly,the rope snapped loudly as Megumi broke through it with an angry rage.Jaycen and Mia were already retrieving their weapons.While Garanz looked back at them,Kira shoved him roughly,knocking him down the mineshaft.It was a short fall,but he hit hard and gasped "I'll kill you..."

But it was not to be.Megumi grabbed Garanz's hoverbike and pushed it into the mineshaft with a mighty shove. "In your dreams!!"

Garanz yelled in terror as the hoverbike fell at him,and killed him with a sickening crunch.

There was an emotional group hug then between the reunited Phantasm Soldiers. "We have to get back to the others." Kira said,as they jogged over to her hoverbike.

After they left,Vol Opt emerged from the shadows. "I always knew Garanz was a loser...now I'm in charge!"

The others pulled up to the Forbidden Zone,just in time to hear an interesting bit of information.Greta was saying to Solitary Ranger,Ransom and Larceny "Well,mom and dad combined their names when they got married,that's why my last name is ‘Kinokuji'...and daddy named me Greta,because if you take out the ‘r' and ‘e' in my name,you get ‘GTA'....daddy felt it kept in with thier names,how he and momma are named after different crimes,kinda like Bribery, Extortion,Conspiracy....Ransom,Larceny....dad thought it was an unusual burp in the universe."

"My sweetheart,the genius..." Larceny shook her head in disbelief.

Greta giggled. "That's exactly what you said after you and dad told me the story when I was five."

Ransom looked up at Larceny,and again everyone had to marvel at the height difference between the two. "What are we teaching our kid,honey?"

Larceny shrugged. "I dunno,loverboy.She's got your eyes and my brains."

At that point they all started laughing.And when Greta said to Ransom "Daddy,give me a piggy back ride?Mom's so tall,I get dizzy at high heights." They all laughed again.

Back in the kingdom of Kohan,Vol Opt reported to Prince Canadine "The Phantasm Soldiers have defeated Garanz."

Prince Canadine nodded. "Then he is not as skilled as I thought he was.I am putting you in charge,do not make his mistakes."

Vol Opt nodded. "I will not disappoint you,Your Highness." She left, and Epsilon walked into the throne room.

"I don't like this...We've lost one of us already,only a few days into battle." Epsilon said.

Prince Canadine said "Sometimes,sacrifices have to be made.This is war."

Epsilon looked concerned. "I'm worried.You always listen to that mysterious Prophet like he was the straight gospel...I try to help you,but you keep acting on your own,brother..."

Prince Canadine glared at him. "Are you saying we're wrong to be taking our place back?Are you that disloyal?"

"You know I'm not!" Epsilon shot back. "You're my brother,I'd never betray you....But I don't want to lose you,either."
Prince Canadine's expression softened a bit. "You're right...I'm sorry. The Prophet is helping us to achieve our goal,though,and I would like to hear no more negative comments about him without any iron-clad proof,okay?"

Epsilon sighed in dispair,but what could he do? "Yes,sir..."

Prince Canadine rose from his throne,placing his hands on Epsilon's shoulders. "I'm counting on you."

Epsilon nodded. "Right."

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 4, 2004, 11:31 PM
I was on a roll,so i typed up chapter 16 as well.
Enjoy!

(Act 2) Chapter Sixteen "Burning justice:Phantasm Gifoie!"
By PStar2cadet

Jaycen Munroe was out for a walk.He had a lot of thoughts on his mind.This new enemy known as the Dark Flow Clan,Larceny and Ransom's new wonderkid from the future who was also Phantasm Reverser,and the intensity of the kiss Kira had given him last night when he walked her home....all of it was enough to make his head spin,but he wasn't ready to hurl just yet.Mia and Megumi had evolved,into new Phantasms and getting stronger.Mia seemed to get smarter and more resolute as Phantasm Gibarta,Megumi had gotten taller as Phantasm Gizonde, she was about 5 foot 10 now and she was only 17 for crying out loud!Oddly enough, Larceny was 6 feet tall,and she was only 16!But beyond that,he wasn't jealous,so much as he felt that since he hadn't evolved yet,maybe he wasn't being as good a part of the team.So it was no surprise that he walked right past Mia Kingsley without even seeing her.She had to run after him and tug on his sleeve to get his attention,that's how spaced out he was. "You must have a lot on your mind." Mia offered.

Jaycen nodded. "Am I....useless?"

Mia said sternly. "Don't think like that!Kira depends on you!"

"Huh?" from Jaycen.

Mia said softly "She's worried about the Dark Flow Clan....she keeps saying she doesn't know what she'd do without you.You're more important than you realize.Don't evaluate only what you contribute in battle....you contribute greatly out of battle as well." Mia smiled. "So don't let it get you down."

Jaycen nodded,smiling bashfully. "Thanks alot,Mia.I appreciate that."

Mia headed off,and Jaycen walked onward,not noticing Vol Opt on a nearby rooftop. "I think I found my target." Vol Opt said quietly.She turned to look at her two Canane,hovering nearby. "Get his combat data." The two droids flew off after Jaycen.

In the kingdom of Kohan,miles away from the city of Neo Algo,Prince Canadine walked into Epsilon's lab.Epsilon looked over from his robotic work as his brother approached. "This the new model?" Prince Canadine asked.

Epsilon nodded. "Yes." He tightened a bolt on the robot he had just finished. "This new model will be able to disguise itself with synthetic skin,making it look more human,with a voicechip to make it sound more human,as well.Once it finds it's target,it can rip the skin off,and assume battle programming."

"The mechanics you bring these droids to life with is amazing...." the prince said,undisguised admiration in his voice. "What do you call this model?A Boomer?"

Epsilon replied "I call it ‘Gilchic EX',or...as Vol Opt likes to say,a ‘Decepchic'."

Prince Canadine nodded. "Where is that woman,anyways?"

"The Prophet sent her out on a mission." Epsilon said,a note of hatred in his voice.

Prince Canadine replied "She'll find her target.",but inside,he was wondering why the Prophet hadn't consulted him first....were Epsilon's suspicions correct?He decided that the Prophet had vowed loyalty to them and was above such petty things,but inside,he felt the first small pangs of concern.He must have a good reason.....

Jaycen turned to see the two Canane flying at him,spewing lightning. "Oh,crap!!" He drew a Brand,and said "Bring it,ya rustpots!!"

"How dare you!!" a female voice screeched.A well-built woman with long orange hair hovered down from a nearby rooftop. "My droids are not rusty!"

"Compared to Garanz's robots,they are!" Jaycen shot back.

The woman sneered at him. "I have more credentals than Garanz,I am Vol Opt,special assisstant to Prince Canadine,leader of the Dark Flow Clan!You'll be my tribute to the prince,your dead body will be the rug in which he wipes his boots off on after stepping in Booma remains!!"

Jaycen thrust his hands out. "I've had enough of this!!Foie Soul!!" He threw a large ball of Foie at her.

She dived out of the way. "Canane,finish him!!"

Kira Yamaguchi was walking down the street,with Greta Kinokuji.Kira was babysitting her so that Ransom Kino and Larceny Kuji could have a romantic dinner for two,but Kira didn't mind.Greta was really well behaved.The 10 year old may have had a mischievous streak,but she also had a side that seemed to know more than most people. "So,did your mom and dad tell you anything else about my past?" Kira asked.

Greta nodded. "Yes...but I can't tell you most of it...it might change the future too much if I did."

"That's true..." Kira nodded. "I don't want to cause some crazed scientist to show up in a DeLorean or nothing."

Greta shivered,the scientist part hit too close to home,considering what Kira was going to go through in a few weeks. "Um...that's silly." she lied.

Kira giggled. "I guess so."

They then saw Jaycen being blitzed by Vol Opt and two droids about a block ahead. "Oh no!!" Kira cried.

Greta nodded. "Let's go!"

Jaycen dodged another attack,and got up,only to get smacked across the face by Vol Opt. "You're not worthy to be a Phantasm Soldier!" That was when Vol Opt spotted Kira and Greta. "More pests." She drew a Shock Halbert,throwing lightning at them. "Stay out of my way,you bothersome fleas!!"

Jaycen stood up,trembling a bit. "You can say what....you want about me...but....NOT HER!!!" His battle aura flared red. "Burning Gifoie ring!!!" A ring of fire blazed around him,the Canane flying around him began to melt from the intense heat.

"Oh,great!!" Vol Opt cursed.Then she gave a startled cry as Greta smacked her in the legs with her Striker,then did a follow up hit to her stomach.

"Go back where you came from,you tacky temptress!!" Greta yelled.

Vol Opt ran off,yelling "I am not tacky!!Your days are numbered, Phantasm Soldiers!!"

Just then,Ransom Kino and Larceny Kuji ran up. "Another enemy?" Ransom asked.

"Yeah...but we got her." Jaycen smiled bashfully as Kira kissed him.

"I guess you're Phantasm Gifoie now." Kira said.

Jaycen nodded. "Yup....Who da man?Who da man?"

Kira looked at Greta. "Um,why did you call her a ‘tacky temptress'?"

Greta frowned "With that body,she'd have to be a temptress."
"Oh?What about Larceny?" Jaycen said,indicating the tall,well-built Phantasm Grants,who was trying hard not to laugh.

Greta blushed. "Mom's the exception,she's no temptress."

Ransom said "Well..."

Larceny put her hand on Ransom's mouth. "Excuse my soon to be deceased boyfriend,he tends to say stupid things,like when he's awake."

They all started to laugh then.

Back in the kingdom of Kohan,the Prophet sat gazing into a crystal ball. "The stars...they divine the future....my future...when enough blood is shed... the blood of the Phantasm Soldiers...the omnipotent one...Olga Flow will rise anew....this world,Palma will be mine."

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 5, 2004, 01:04 PM
(Act 2) Chapter Seventeen "Mia's declaration of self-reliance"
By PStar2cadet

Vol Opt approached the Prophet. "That last strike didn't work...I'll need some more droids."

The Prophet nodded. "I see...a thought occurs to me...would you like more power?"

This got her interest piquied. "More power...?"

Prophet nodded. "I can make you stronger,so you can overwhelm those Phantasms...those gifted with techniques."

Vol Opt smiled. "That would be nice!I'll tear them apart!"

"I have forseen it." The Prophet raised his hand,and fired a blast of energy at her.

Vol Opt fell over,she felt sick,but as she stood up,she noticed her muscles in her arms and legs were more defined. "Whoa....increased strength...."

The Prophet nodded. "I am sure you know what to do." Vol Opt gave a happy laugh and telepiped away.Alone again,the Prophet smiled. "You will fail...the power I gave you makes you strong in attack,but weak in defense....you will die....I have forseen it...call it an experiment...heh heh heh..."

Mia Kingsley was coming home from a study group at high school.She studied alot,she enjoyed learning different subjects,and found it stimulating,though it played hell with her love life.She rounded a corner and collided with Larceny Kuji, who was out shopping for food.Both girls fell over. "Hey,you okay?" Larceny stood up,offering her hand.

Mia nodded,taking her hand. "Yes,thank you.I was lost in thought."

"Me too." Larceny nodded. "I was wondering what these new enemies are after." They both began to pick up their things. "They keep talking about their rights,and stuff...."

Mia added "They also said something about their powers....I did some research on the Dark Flow Clan....the database said that a mysterious criminal was banished for using dark powers,and he was rumored to set up a base somewhere to teach others his dark skills....I think the criminal,whoever he is,is behind this.He gave false names all the time,so no one knows his real name..."

"So he may be their leader,and he sends his minions out after us.And who was this Prince Canadine one of them spoke of?" Larceny asked.

Mia shrugged. "I don't know...maybe he's the criminal...but somehow I don't think so....the criminal would be too old to be a prince....he would easily be scrutinized and publicized for being an elderly prince...not a good cover at all...I'd say more of a reclusive hermit would be a safer bet."

"Hmm...that's some brain you got there." Larceny smiled. "I bet the guys fall all over you."

Mia blushed. "They don't want to talk math,or physics....they have other subjects in mind...." Mia moved close and whispered in her ear.

Larceny blushed and said "What is with those guys?"

Both girls laughed. "Mind if I cut in?" Vol Opt dropped down from a nearby ledge. "About time two of you Phantasm Soldiers showed up.This time,I'll finish you off!"

Mia and Larceny stood up. "You won't have an easy time of it." Mia said. "I am Phantasm Gibarta,washing your dark powers away with cleansing ice!"

Larceny added "I am the Phantasm of light and cherished dreams, Phantasm Grants.I'll make sure your lights go out forever."

Vol Opt laughed. "None of you can stop me now!Thanks to the Prophet,I'll crush you like a tin can!!"

Mia said softly "The Prophet...?" But then,Vol Opt ran forward, swinging a punch.Larceny jumped in the way,and managed to punch Vol Opt in the stomach before being knocked out.

Vol Opt lurched backwards,and gasped "A...lucky shot....but I'll destroy you...."

Mia looked at Larceny on the ground,a thin trail of blood was running down her mouth.Mia said "How did you get so strong?" She also touched a small button on her glasses,activating her scanner on her lenses.

"None of your business!" Vol Opt sneered. "Look at you...you're so pathetic!You need another girl to protect you,you're weak,and you don't even have a man to protect you,either!What kind of girl are you?!?"

Mia look at the ground in shame. "I've always been weak,physically.... I thought if I studied hard,I'd strenghten my mind.I'm always cheering others up, even though I'm crying inside..." And then Mia looked up suddenly,with a bold fierceness that surprised Vol Opt. "I don't need a man,or anyone else to fight my battles for me.My mind is strong,and I believe in myself and what I can do.If I fail,I try again.I never give up,and because of that,you'll always fail!You're the one that's pathetic!I feel sorry for you!"

"Save your pity for someone who needs it!!" Vol Opt rushed her,a Hell Berdys swinging for the kill.Mia ducked,her lenses told her that Vol Opt's body strength had increased greatly,but her overall body solidity had decreased sharply. She was decomposing on the inside,as if something was eating Vol Opt alive from the inside out.Mia brought two Repeaters out,and jammed them up against Vol Opt's stomach.

"Please forgive me..." Mia pulled the triggers,and Vol Opt was blown away into nothingness in three seconds.

Larceny got up slowly. "You're wrong Mia...you are strong.You just didn't know it."

Mia blushed and smiled. "Thanks..." Mia went over to her,pulling out a tissue to clean Larceny's face. "Let's get you cleaned up..."

"Soon,victory will be in my grasp...." Prince Canadine said softly. "I want to see the Phantasm's faces,when I crsuh their hopes and dreams forever..."

Epsilon walked up then. "I have completed the new Gilchic EX...but I don't think you should trust the Prophet right now." The prince said nothing,but motioned for Epsilon to continue. "I believe he just used her for an experiment,that cost her her life."

Prince Canadine blinked.He'd recieved word a moment ago from the Prophet that Vol Opt had been defeted,but that the Phantasms were weakend now. "An experiment...?Nonsense....I can't support that theory."

"But there's so much about the Prophet we don't know!This is not like you at all,I'm scared,brother..." Epsilon said.

"Are you forgetting that we were banished here by those people?" the prince said. "Reclaiming our rightful place and being accepted by others is worth the risk,even if we lose one of our own!" He shook his head inexasperation,he knew Epsilon was looking out for him,being the protective ‘older brother',even though Epsilon was actually younger by a few months.Prince Candine stood. "This is our one chance,what we've always dreamed of,and we can't let it slip by.I'll personally deploy the Gilchic EX,so I need you to stay here and keep an eye on things."

Epsilon was tempted to say that with both Garanz and Vol Opt dead, only he,Canadine and the Prophet were left now.But,he stayed silent on that,praying that his brother would come to his senses soon. "You can depend on me."

After Prince Canadine left,Epsilon stared at the floor for a moment,then slowly began to walk to the Prophet's quarters.Something rotten was going on,and he was determined to find out what it was,and report it to the prince.

Ten minutes later,Kira Yamaguchi was buying some anime at a local store,when she saw another girl buying some too. "You like anime,too?"

The girl nodded. "Yes,it is an interesting concept."

Kira thought that was a cryptic comment. "Well...we could watch some at my house..."

The girl giggled giddily. "That'd be awesome!"

Kira laughed,that was more like it!

As Kira and the odd girl walked off,the girl gave a thumbs up to Prince Canadine,who was watching from a nearby rooftop,his cloak blowing in the gentle breeze. "The Gilchic EX is being accepted....amazing....." He smiled.

Soon....soon victory would be his!

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 7, 2004, 12:59 PM
(Act 2) Chapter Eighteen "Protect Canadine!Epsilon gets defensive"
By PStar2cadet

Epsilon peered around a corner.The Prophet was seated,meditating and speaking softly. "I will start the biggest war ever....to bring back the evil Olga Flow, to start the chaos anew...I will need a sacrifice,the blood of a Phantasm Soldier.I will start a new age...not the way Prince Candine wants....what a foolish fellow.He's as expendable as Vol Opt was....hee hee..."

Epsilon's eyes narrowed and he crept off.

The Prophet turned slowly,he didn't see anyone,but he heard the soft footsteps,and smiled.

Kira Yamaguchi and her new friend were walking down the street, chatting about anime and manga.It was only when Solitary Ranger walked up that things began to get weird. "Kira,get down!" He drew his Spread and fired,both Kira and the girl dived for cover.

"What are you doing?!?" Kira yelled.

Solitary boomed "She's an enemy!!"

On a nearby rooftop,Prince Canadine frowned. "The android must have done a scan.Time to reveal the trick."

The girl's skin suddenly ripped apart,revealing the metallic Gilchic EX underneath. "That's gross!!" Kira yelled,drawing her Buster.

The Gilchic EX fired it's wrist cannon,knocking Solitary's Spread out of his hands.Solitary made a call for help as Kira began to attack the crazed new enemy.

A tv store nearby had it's front window smashed,the sound of a news program could be heard.If Kira had time to listen,she'd of heard that a nearby lab had an explosive accident,and the miraculous sole survivor was a man named Professor Zach Hyle.But Kira was focused on her enemy,not knowing the professor would soon become very interested in the Phantasm Soldiers,and that he would bring the final challenge for them all.

Jaycen Munroe was running down the street,his Gigush already drawn. He waved over Mia Kingsley,who was coming down an adjoning street. "A new robot!"

Mia nodded. "Where's Megumi?"

Suddenly,Megumi Shinokawa ran out of a nearby pizza shop. "I can't even get a slice of pepperoni pizza without all hell breaking loose!"

"This is it!" Jaycen yelled. "My dreams have been telling me it's all coming to a close soon...we have to be strong!"

As if on cue,Ransom Kino,Larceny Kuji,and Greta Kinokuji came running also. "We got the message...." Larceny said. "Where are they?"

Mia pointed,a few blocks ahead,some guy in a cape leaped down from a rooftop,ready to fight. "I can't let you interfere!"

"Who the heck...?" Megumi growled,as Kira and the Solitary Ranger were still trying to defeat the Gilchic EX,the robot was quite strong.

"I am the leader of the Dark Flow Clan,Prince Canadine." The caped guy said. "I will not let my people be ruled under your thumb any longer,despised because of our dark power." He threw a blast of Megid at them.

They dodged,but it was Ransom who retaliated first. "Right back at you!" He threw a Megid blast of his own. "Dark soul eater!!"

Prince Canadine had to dive for cover while Ransom was still yelling, that's how fast the attack went off. "Jeez!!!How is he so fast....?"

"I'm the Phantasm of darkness,Phantasm Megid." Ransom replied.

Prince Canadine rose. "Interesting...I won't underestimate you again."

Suddenly,Epsilon materialized half a block away. "Canadine!!" He looked terrible,like he'd been hit with a few technique attacks.

"Epsilon...what happened?!?" Prince Canadine cried.

"Brother....we've been being used all this time.....by the Prophet!" Epsilon was limping slowly.

The Gilchic EX had begun to shock Kira,Solitary,and Megumi with Razonde,keeping them immobile. "This again?!?Are you out of your mind?" Prince Canadine yelled at Epsilon. "I won't let your silly suspicions stand in my way of reclaiming our rights,even if you are my brother!"

"Canadine!!" Epsilon yelled. "I spied on the Prophet!!He's warped our dreams into his own goals!We're all just being used,even the Phantasm Soldiers!! He's trying to kill you!!Canadine!!!"

Prince Canadine gasped,taking an involuntary step backwards. "I'm... being used....?" Maybe there was something to this after all....He waved his hand, the Gilchic EX stopped it's attack. "All right...." he said hesitantly. "Tell me.... what is his plan?"

Espilon smiled in relief.His brother was finally ready to listen. "Prophet plans to...."

Suddenly,the Prophet appeared,sending an awesome blast of Rafoie at Epsilon,sending him sprawling backwrads a few feet.Prince Canadine whirled. "What are you doing?!?"

"He has betrayed us....We can't lose our prize due to this miserable turncoat." the Prophet snapped.

"I'm....I'm not the traitor...." Epsilon tried to stand,his right knee was bleeding,and his left shoulder was broken.Epsilon suddenly yelled "ASK HIM ABOUT OLGA FLOW!!!"

The Prophet grew livid. "Silence traitor!!!" He threw a blast of Megid at Epsilon,killing him.

As Epsilon collapsed,his body disintegrating,due to the massive damage he'd had dealt to him,he said "Canadine....trust the Phantasm Soldiers..."

The Prophet rose in the air,floating fast towards a large mountain range nearby,where a huge metallic platform was built. "The time is now...to achieve my destiny..."

Kira asked "Prince Canadine...what did that ‘Prophet' tell you?"

The prince stared at the spot where Epsilon had died. "We were banished,because of our dark power...he wanted us to reclaim our rights in the world."

Mia asked "Did you ever hear of a criminal that was banished because of his dark powers?Or if he began to teach his powers to others?"

"I've heard rumors...." Prince Canadine said. "Are you saying...?"

Megumi nodded. "We think that's who the Prophet really is.The guy gave false names throughout time,so no one knows his real name."

Prince Canadine looked thoughtful. "That would explain things...he appeared out of nowhere,to teach me and Epsilon...he also recruited Vol Opt and Steel Garanz.He may have planned this all along." he began to cry softly. "My foolish pride has brought all this...." He wiped away his tears,and extended his hand to Kira. "Phantasm Resta...I'm really sorry...I want to help you defeat the Prophet."
Kira took his hand. "It's ok.Let's go get him."

They all turned towards the mountain range,and began walking.

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 8, 2004, 12:16 PM
(Act 2) Chapter Nineteen "A menace from the past:the Prophet's true identity!"
By PStar2cadet

Kira Yamaguchi/Phantasm Resta led her group up a long staircase.The Prophet was at the top,chanting somthing.Following close behind Kira were Jaycen Munroe/Phantasm Gifoie,The Solitary Ranger,Mia Kingsley/Phantasm Gibarta and Megumi Shinokawa AKA Phantasm Gizonde.Also,a few paces back were Prince Canadine,with Ransom Kino/Phantasm Megid,Larceny Kuji/Phantasm Grants and Greta Kinokuji/Phantasm Reverser.They got to the top of the steps,and the Prophet said "You made it...good.I need you to complete my ceremony."

"What do you mean?" Jaycen asked. "We're not helping you with anything!"

"Heh heh heh...." Prophet chuckled. "I cannot summon Olga Flow without sarificing the blood of a Phantasm Soldier....which means....you'll all have to die...even one of you would suffice!" He send a blast of Rafoie at them,scattering them. "Hehehehahahaha!!!Your world will be no more!!"

Mia came up shooting a pair of Repeaters. "We can't let him win,no matter what!"

"You got that right!" Megumi readied a blast of Gizonde. "Sparkling Gizonde chain!!"

The Prophet got hit by both attacks. "Urraagghh!!I'll teach you!!" He hit them both with Rabarta,freezing them solid.

Prince Canadine said to Kira "I'll take him,you save your friends." Then he had a Pallasch drawn,and was after the Prophet with a vengance. "You'll pay for what you did to my brother!!" The Prophet drew a Mace of Adaman in response.

Kira began to cast Resta on Mia and Megumi as they began to break out of the ice. "Resta healing escalation!!"

Solitary Ranger was firing his Spread,he didn't see the Baranz droid appear behind him,it fired it's missle and knocked him dead.Kira's jaw dropped in surprise,but then she saw Larceny,Ransom and Greta hurrying over to him.Kira turned and ran over to Prince Canadine to help him fight the Prophet.She drew a Lockgun,and shot the Prophet in the shoulder.Prince Canadine scored a follow up hit to the right leg.

Greta cast Reverser,reviving Solitary Ranger. "Come back to us...Life Reverser revolution!!"

Solitary stood up shakily,saying "Thanks." as Ransom and Larceny slaughtered the Baranz droid.

"Hmm...you're good..." the Prophet said. "No wonder everyone has lost to you..."

"What's your point?" Kira asked.

The Prophet chuckled. "It seems we all lose to Phantasm Soldiers.... But I will not....none of you has my special heritage!I come from Dark Force himself!"

"What?!?" Ransom gasped.Only Greta wasn't surprised,she'd known all along.

"You remember the legends?" The Prophet asked Kira,who nodded slowly. "Dark Force possessed King Lassic long ago...and was defeated by Alys. Carbon-based lifeforms intrigued Dark Force...one day,while whe possessed King Lassic,he impreganted a woman from a nearby town.The child was born with dark powers....many generations later,I was born from that family line.My name...is Zio Straxis....I have waited a long time to claim my place in history.I would have been successful,but that Phantasm Soldier....the one called Sil'fer.....the Phantasm of alternate reality,Phantasm Cardian!She settled on this planet after the C.A.R.D. revolution,she found out what I was doing,and her police force banished me to the kingdom of Kohan!When she died a few weeks ago of old age,I began to make my move."

"You...you used us all along..." Prince Canadine seethed.

"Heheehehahaaa!!Now you're seeing the light!" Prophet Zio grinned. "With the blood of a Phantasm Soldier,I can revive Olga Flow,the one I pledged my loyalty to!He's more powerful,and I'll use him to destroy all of you!!" Many storm clouds appeared,and a fierce lightning storm began.

"Not so fast!" Jaycen cast Gifoie. "Burning Gifoie ring!!"

The Prophet's robes caught on fire. "AARRGGHH!!!" He stood burning there for a moment. "Kira....You and I are two of a kind."

"What?" Kira gasped.

"We have great power." The burning Prophet Zio went on. "I can teach you how to use it." The sky rumbled with thunder.

Kira took a hesitant step forward.

Prophet Zio grinned,swinging a Soul Eater scythe right at her.

Greta was in front of Kira in an instant,while Ransom and Larceny were tripping all over themselves trying to get there as well.Greta blocked the Soul Eater with her Striker,with her other hand,she raised a Hell Raygun. "Zio!!Go away forever!!" She fired,and Prophet Zio was vaporized into nothing.The storm passed.

Greta looked to Kira. "You okay?"

Kira nodded. "Thanks....I shouldn't have let him fool me like that..."

Larceny asked Greta "Is that why you came back?"

"You sensed it too,huh?" Ransom asked Larceny.

Greta nodded. "Yes,I came back to save Kira.In the regular timeline, in my future,Kira had been slain by the Prophet.Mom and dad then defeated Prophet Zio,and Jaycen led the Phantasm Soliders in Kira's absence.That's why mom said she wished they had more help back then,so Kira wouldn't die."

Kira looked at Ransom and Larceny,who were blushing like crazy. When did those two come to mean so much to her?They'd both started out as brainwashed enemies,not yet knowing they were Phantasms Megid and Grants.But after they'd been freed of their mind control,they awoke as Phantasms,and helped the group ever since.Thye were an odd pair,their amazing height difference not withstanding,and now this kid of theirs from the future had just changed the future, for the better.Kira ran to them both and hugged them. "Thanks guys....I owe you one!"

Ransom stammered "ub hub bub wha??"

Larceny blushed. "Yeah,um,what handsome said."

Kira turned to Greta. "And thank you,too."

Greta gave a cheesy grin. "Sorry I couldn't tell you before...I was afraid of messing up the future in a bad way." She grew serious again. "I have to tell you,you have one more enemy to defeat.He's not what he seems,and it'll be rough, but with Kira alive,it'll be a bit easier.You'll have to believe in each other,okay?"

Kira nodded. "Okay."

Greta added "You'll have some help,some more Phantasm Soldiers will arrive,so don't worry too much." She turned to Ransom and Larceny. "I have something for both of you.These will help you defeat the new enemy." She passed a book to Larceny. "This is the ‘Prophets of Motav',study it,and you'll know what to do." She passed a Photon Claw to Ransom. "You'll need to strike the evil eye to win." She hugged her future parents,and made a pink portal appear. "Goodbye!" Greta went through the protal and dissappeared.

"Goodbye." Larceny said softly.

Ransom slid his arm around Larceny and looked up at her. "It's not goodbye...it's more of a ‘see you later'."

Larceny nodded. "Yeah.I'll look forward to it."

Immediatly,a blushing Ransom and Larceny were beseiged with questions,some of them from Kira. "So just how serious are you two?When's the wedding?Ransom,you got a tux picked out?When's the party?Will there be pizza at the party?Larceny,you need a custom wedding dress made?What if the baby turns out to be a boy?"

Larceny looked at Ransom,both of them smiling at the same time and saying "No comment."

They all laughed.Ater a moment,they said goodbye to Prince Canadine, who was going back to Kohan "I'm going to teach my people how to stand up for their rights,but without dark power.Maybe we can learn some new ways to deal with matters."

Kira smiled. "Come back and visit sometime.We'll go out for dinner."

Prince Canadine smiled. "Thanks...thanks for everything."

In the newly restored Hyle labs,Professor Zach Hyle was mixing a potion in a vial. "It's time to begin.If I am to summon my master,I must proceed. I'll show them what a degree in science,biotechnology and bioweaponry can really do... hmmmhmmhehehahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 8, 2004, 12:22 PM
Hiya!The final act will begin soon!The third series will be the last of Phantasm Soldiers,at which point i will do a different fic for this site.I wanna thank LollipopLolita for being so supportive of this project,and Hinosaka who also gave me some good pointers at the beginning as well,thanks to both of you!
As you've read,the mysterious Professor has it out for our heroes,but why???And who are the new Phantasm Soldiers???
Also,i will revela how Kira first met SOlitary Ranger,and what their first battle with Extortion was like,since in chapter one,it was shown that they had already fought each other once before.
Another issue i will deal with is how Ransom and Larceny first met,and how they fell under Queen Bribery's control.
Well,it'll be fun,i'll have act three started in another day or two.^_^
---PStar2cadet

PStar2cadet
Apr 9, 2004, 06:13 PM
(Final Act) Chapter Twenty "The evil professor:Another ambitious enemy!"
By PStar2cadet

Sadie and Jade,two female newman Hunters,stood at attention.They watched as their leader mixed an odd set of chemicals togehter,and also dropped in a small seed,encoded with DNA. "This...should be sufficiant." The leader said. "In order to make a new,stronger Aplum Umbla,we need to gather DNA from humans and newmans worthy of being incorporated into it's being!"

Sadie nodded. "Yes,Professor Hyle."

Professor Zach Hyle...if he could still be called that...The recent lab explosion had done something to change him.Sadie found it both interesting,and stimulating,if a bit evil,but she didn't care.

"Jade,this first assingment is yours.Do not fail." Professor Hyle passed the newly glowing seed to her.The shadows obscured the professor's face,it seemed that his glasses,which glowed with a strange white light,were all they could see of his face.His white labcoat rustled softly in the soft breeze that swept through the lab.

Jade took the seed,and said "I won't fail." and walked out the door,headed to the parking lot.

Kira Yamaguchi was out for a walk with Jaycen Munroe and Megumi Shinokawa.It had been almost three weeks since the defeat of Prophet Zio Straxis, the revival of Olga Flow had been averted,and Kira was hoping that the new enemy had been discouraged.So far,not a problem had come up yet for three weeks. "So,I think maybe we should see a movie."

Megumi grinned. "Right...I'll be up front,while you and Jayce sit in the back row kissing,right?"

"Huh?" Jaycen blinked.

"It was a secret,Megumi!" Kira yelled.

Megumi laughed. "Oh,it was so obvious!That dreamy look in your eyes,the way you..." Suddenly,a laser beam lanced out,demolishing a nearby water fountain,water soaking Megumi's clothes. "What the...?"

Nearby,a Nano Dragon was firing at humans indesciminantly.A girl with long red hair was saying "We need one alive,for their DNA." The Nano Dragon grabbed a little kid in one of it's claws,as the girl brought out a syringe. "Hold still!I need your DNA!!"

Kira had seen enough.She pulled out a Gladius,as did Jaycen.Megumi drew a Glaive. "Hold it right there!!"

The girl looked at them. "Who are you dorks?"

"We're the defenders of Palma,the Phantasm Soldiers!" Kira yelled. "I'm not going to stand by and let you hurt that kid!"

The girl said "Nano Dragon...forget about the kid...get their DNA!!"

The Nano Dragon flew at them,firing it's laser beam.Jaycen dived for cover. "Looks like that new enemy is here!"

Megumi got knocked over by the weird monster. "Oooww!!!I think I twisted my ankle...I'm....he poisoned me..." The nano Dragon's claws had a vile, purple liquid on them.

Kira's battle aura was glowing a bright blue. "I....I won't forgive you! I'm not going to let you ruin our time of peace....I'm the Phantasm of holy divinity, Phantasm Anti!" Kira ran forward,her Gladius striking over and over again, until the Nano Dragon was dead.Kira then turned on the girl.

"I won't forget this." the girl hissed. "I am Jade,a cadet of the Death-Hunters!I'll make sure to come back for your DNA soon!" She magically vanished in a second.

Kira went over to Megumi. "Resta poison Anti attack!!" Megumi was cured of the poison,and her ankle healed up,also.

Megumi's eyes went wide.What was this power Kira possessed?She finally evolved,too!

Nearby two figures were watching from the darkness.One,a male said "Be wary of those Death-Hunters,they're bad news."

A girl's voice also added "Some of them are from the remnants of Black Paper,you can't trust anyone.Be on your guard."

As the two figures ran off fast,Jaycen muttered "You suppose those are the new Phantasms that Greta Kinokuji mentioned?"

Kira sighed. "I dunno...let's be on our guard."

Larceny Kuji opened her eyes,she'd been napping.Ransom Kino was lying across from her,his eyes open. "It's starting,isn't it?" Ransom asked.

"Yes....our final mission." Larceny said. "We must protect Kira." She paused. "I can't live without you,Ransom." She took his hand in hers and kissed it. "Maybe...when all this crazyness is over...we could get married?"

Ransom blushed,but smiled. "You go after what you want,don't you?"

Larceny smiled bashfully. "I always have,loverboy."

Back in the Hyle Labs,Jade reported to Professor Hyle. "We have a problem."

"Oh?That is not like you,Jade." Professor Hyle said from the darkness.
"What was the problem?"

Jade replied "I have found some...impurities.They called themselves Phantasm Soldiers.One of them got more powerful right in front of me."

The professor turned from his workdesk. "Hmmm...I've heard of them. We must rid ourselves of these impurities,those blessed with the protection of the techniques.Once they're all out of our way....we'll drown this wretched world in a deadly silence,filled with the virus of evil!!Hehehahahahahahahaaaa!!!!"

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 11, 2004, 10:48 PM
Since i have a busy day tomorrow,i thought i'd post a new chapter now...i'll have more on about wednesday or thursday.Enjoy!

(Final Act) Chapter Twenty One "Virusbomb:Kira-type"
By PStar2cadet

Jade looked at the small green ball in her hand.The professor had told her that it would send the Phantasm Soldiers to a delirious death. "It'll make them get trapped in an endless nightmare...endless,until they die....hehehahahahaha!!!"
Jade was glad that Professor Hyle had given her the job,particularly when she said "I'll do a much better job than that loser,Ruby!"

Jade frowned.Ruby was always trying to take her jobs.Ruby had even said to her a few moments later "Don't worry....if you get hit by the smoke of the bomb,an antidote would cure it.But I wouldn't be that clumsy!"

Jade sighed as she drove her hovercar down the city skyways. "I'll show that pompous little newman Force gnome!She'll never succeed!"

Kira Yamaguchi sat eating a sandwich at an outdoor resteraunt,with Megumi Shinokawa,Ransom Kino and The Solitary Ranger. "So,any new info?" Ransom asked.

"No...." Kira said. "They call themselves... ‘The Death-Hunters'.... and they seem to use Altered Beasts to collect DNA."

Megumi mused "Are they experimenting with racial transgression?To try to turn the Altered Beasts back into their old forms?"

"I'm wondering about the warning Greta said." Solitary Ranger said softly.

Ransom nodded. "Yes...that book she gave Larceny....and the Photon Claw she gave me....what does it all mean?"

"It means you're finished!!" Jade yelled from nearby. "Take this!!"
She threw a green orb at them.

Megumi and Solitary lunged at her,taking her down.Meanwhile, Ransom took the hit directly,the purple smoke also was close enough to get Kira. Ransom was out cold,and Kira was gasping for breath. "What did you do?!?" Megumi demanded,hauling Jade to her feet.

"Hee hee!!" Jade laughed. "It's a virus bomb...say goodbye forever to two Phantasm Soldiers,the impurities blesses with the guidance and protection of techniques!It's a special virus the professor made just for...."

It was at that time that Megumi lost it and slugged Jade right between the eyes. "Why don't you....die!!!!" Megumi threw her at the virus bomb,which was still seeping some of the smoke yet.

"Aaiiieee!!!" Jade got up and began to run,but she knew that she'd been too late.She was infected by the virus,too.She had to get back to the Hyle Labs,where the cure awaited.

Megumi watched the virus bomb fizzle out,it's smoke was all used up. "We have to get them to a hospital..."

Solitary nodded. "We should be safe from the effects.The nearest hospital is three blocks down.I'll carry Ransom."

Megumi nodded.They picked up their allies and ran for the hospital. The Death-Hunters were going to pay for this!

Kira was dreaming.Not so much dreaming...but remembering the past. She'd been out for a walk,when this big android approached her. "You...who are you?"

Kira was surprised,but said "Kira Yamaguchi...who are you?"

The android's eyes gleamed a golden light. "Ah,at last I've found you!" He knelt before her. "I am the Solitary Ranger.I am your guardian and ally.I've been programmed by the Watchers,to find you."

"The Watchers?" Kira had asked.

"Yes..." the android said. "They watch Palma from above,and give guidance to the faithful.They have divined that you are one of the Phantasm Soldiers of legends past.your mother is a Watcher,and she sent me to find you."

Kira said softly "My mother died...last year."

The Solitary Ranger nodded. "I know...and I'm sorry.That was when she became a Watcher.She wanted to make sure you were okay,and it's my task to help you recruit the other Phantasms.Alys,Rhys,Chaz,Sil'fer....they were Phantasm Soldiers in their own right,and you are the current version of a Phantasm Soldier.We must make haste....a great evil will soon strike."

"If you're telling the truth,what is this ‘great evil'?" Kira asked.

Solitary Ranger replied "There is an evil woman,calling herself ‘Queen Bribery',and she recently arrived on Palma,and has recruited powerful generals for her evil purposes....she plans to revive an evil of legends past."

"Heh hehe heh...you know a great deal,droid." A young man,almost 19 years old jumped down from a nearby wall.He had black hair,and evil eyes. "I'm afraid I can't tolerate your snooping into the affairs of the Dark Legion!" He thrust his hand out,a blast of Zonde sent the android flying a few feet backwards.He then waved his hand,and a Tollaw appeared. "Take that android's energy,for the glory of Queen Bribery!"

Kira stood,shaking like a leaf. "I...I won't let you...do that...um..."

"Who are you?" the man with evil eyes asked.
"I'm...I'm...." Suddenly,the words just came out of Kira's mouth. "A defender of peace....a new hero for our generation....the Phantasm of justice and peace,Phantasm Resta!In the name of Palma,I'll defeat you!!"

"Sounds to me like a bunch of pretty words!" the evil eyed man had laughed.He swung a Partisan at her.Kira ducked,and drew a Handgun and fired twice,blasting the Tollaw to peices. "You!!You're no ordinary girl...." He growled and then smirked,and telepiping away. "I'm Extortion,and I'll be back for both of you again,soon!"

Kira had then healed the Solitary Ranger. "That was rough,Solitary Ranger...."

"It's only the beginning...." the android replied. "And please...call me ‘Solitary'....okay?"

Kira smiled,with the enthusiasm of youth and hope. "Okay."

It was at this point that a doctor made an antidote for Kira and Ransom.

Jade stumbled into the lab. "I need the antidote...."

"What antidote?" Ruby asked.

Jade fell down,having to crawl towards Ruby. "The antidote...you said we have one..."

Ruby chuckled. "I said an antidote would cure one...that is,it would...if we had made an antidote." She laughed at the shock on Jade's face. "You always teased me because I'm so much shorter than you,but even at 5 foot 6,you're shorter than me,now that you're crawling on the floor!I'll just push this switch over here...." Ruby pointed to a button. "And open the trap door and dump you in the sewers, where you belong." Jade began shrieking,and Ruby said "Oh,my,she has lost it already,I better dump her fast." Ruby pressed the button,and the floor beneath Jade fell away,dropping Jade into the sewers below,where she was swept away,laughing hysterically.Ruby activated her communicator. "Professor....Jade was defeated by a crazed lunatic."

Professor Zach Hyle's voice said "Then you know what to do....I'll make another Altered Beast....get ready to steal some DNA,and track down those impurities,the Phantasm Soldiers.Hee heehahahahahaaa!!!"

Next chapter....Ransom's memories....

PStar2cadet
Apr 13, 2004, 02:52 PM
(Final Act)Chapter Twenty Two "R-Type:Ransom's Virusbomb memories"
By PStar2cadet

At the same time Kira Yamaguchi relived her first battle,Ransom Kino was reliving some of his own encounters.Back when he was 14,he often laid down under an apple tree,staring at the sky,lost in thought.One day,he decided to try to get one of the apples,but due to his slight height,he couldn't reach the lowest one.He tried jumping at it a few times,to no avail.Suddenly,a Slicer whizzed by,the apple fell,and bonked him on the head.As he sat there,seeing stars,he looked up as a girl giggled. "I got it!" The girl looked to be about 14,also,but rather tall for her age. "Can you hand that to me?"

Ransom stood,holding the apple. "You almost lop my ear off,drop an apple on my head,and you want I should hand it to you?"

The girl nodded. "That about sums it up,cute stuff."

Ransom smirked. "Okay..." He lobbed the apple at her,it bounced off her head. "We're even now."

The girl growled. "Alright,you're gonna get it now!" She tackled him, and they were rolling down the hillside,trying to strangle each other.Somewhere along the way,they slowed down,staring into each other's eyes.The girl was looking down at him,both of them were blushing. "You....you've got pretty eyes."

Ransom managed to say "You too....I'm Ransom."

The girl replied "I'm Larceny....wanna split that apple?"

"Sure." They got up and began to look for the apple.Ransom found it, and said "I'll take the first bite."

"Wanna bet?" Larceny tackled him again,this time,they weren't trying to strangle each other,they were laughing.

The doctors were making the antidote,and one said to Jaycen Munroe "We'll be done soon,but we need more time to make a stronger dose for the boy.... he got hit with a more lethal amount than the girl."

Jaycen nodded. "Whatever it takes....we're not gonna lose either Kira or Ransom."

Ransom was now remembering when he and Larceny were on Ragol. They were both 16 now,and had done a lot of bonding.Larceny got taller each day,it seemed,she was 6 feet tall now,and Ransom himself managed to get to about 5 foot 8,finally.He and Larceny had volunteered to help supervise clean-up years after a group of Hunters had beaten Dark Force.There were shards of the obelisk strewn everywhere on the immediate area,emitting radiation,the Pioneer Govenrment had been lax in the clean-up mission,and now they had to remove the shards so the area could be colonized more.Their orders came from Commander Sil'fer,who had been recently promoted after the C.A.R.D. revolution,and she had stressed to them that they were needed to monitor things.Ransom was saying "It's hard to believe things got this way."

"What?An ancient evil coming back yet again?Dark Force has come back many times over the centuries." Larceny said.

"No...." Ransom blushed. "The fact that you got so beautiful.... of course,maybe that apple that hit me on the head blinded me to your beauty,at first."

Larceny smiled. "You're so...sappy at times.Not that I mind." She kissed him on the nose playfully.

Just then,some odd woman began walking towards them,with two individuals in tow. "Are you the supervisors here?"

"Yes." Ransom said. "And you are?"

The woman replied "I am Bribery Keaton.I work in the Pioneer 2 Labs Division.We need to collect these shards to conduct some important research on D-Cell lifeforms."
Bribery produced a document,and Larceny sighed. "It's legit....we'd better let them do it."

Ransom nodded,and sighed "Okay...go ahead."

Bribery nodded,and said "Get to it." Her two followers then set about gathering the shards quickly.

"Eager workers you have there,Bribery." Larceny said at length.

Bribery permitted herself a smile. "Those are my assistants,Extortion Mason and Conspiracy Karumi.They work hard,and do an excellent job.They both absorb what they learn like a sponge,thirsty for the next drink of information."

After the shards were all gathered,Conspiracy reported "We got them all.They have an odd energy reading."

Bribery nodded. "We'll need to examine all the data carefully." She looked to Ransom and Larceny. "You two look capable.I'm also a trainer at combat skills and techniques.If you wish to be trained,please contact me."

As the three headed off,Ransom muttered "Something isn't right...."

Larceny mused "Maybe we could use some more skills...."

It was weeks later,after he and Larceny got badly injured by an attack by remnants of the Black Paper syndicate,that they sought out Bribery.Both of them had some nasty bruises on their bodies.Bribery welcomed them into her lab. "I see you've been in a fight....did you need some training?"

"Yes...." Ransom said. "We need to be stronger...."

Larceny agreed. "There's still evil on Ragol yet.We need to fight it."

Bribery nodded. "I'll see...." She called out "Extortion,prepare the super potion!" Bribery looked back to Ransom and Larceny. "I have a.....special drink,it will increase your strength,and I'll teach you how to use that strength,to defeat any...evil...you may find.I'll make you the strongest Phantasm Soldiers ever." This arched a brow with Ransom and Larceny.

In another minute,Extortion and Conspiracy walked in with large glasses of purple fluid. "Super potion is ready." Conspiracy said.

Ransom and Larceny were about to drink the fluid,when Ransom sniffed the stuff.It smelled like some sort of bio-agent,he'd heard rumors about. "Mind control fluid?" he gasped.

Instantly Extortion grabbed him and forced him to drink the stuff, holding his nose shut with one hand,and pushing the glass to his mouth with the other.Larceny had started to move,but she was too slow,from the recent fights.It took both Bribery and Conspiracy to immoblilize her and get her to drink. "You two have sold your souls to me." Bribery intoned. "We are to revive Dark Force,your lives are only of use in that they serve me,I am your Queen,and you will obey me."

Ransom and Larceny's eyes began to glaze over. "Heh....it's working." Extortion noticed.He and Conspiracy were not mind-controlled,they both willingly wanted to cause as much destruction as they could,even if it meant that they were to bring back Dark Force.Even though he and Conspiracy loved each other,both of them were quite mad and evil.

Ransom and Larceny knelt before Bribery. "We await your orders, Queen Bribery."

Ransom began to convulse a little,as another bad memory hit him,the doctors began to work more feverishly in making a strong antidote.Kira had just recovered,and watched nervously,as did Larceny Kuji.

In the Pioneer 2 Lab,Queen Bribery was watching her four generals, Extortion,Conspiracy,Ransom and Larceny assemble the Dark Force obelisk. "It is time...."

Suddenly,Commander Sil'fer burst into the lab,with a cadre of Pioneer soldiers. "So,that's what you're up to!I'll not let you do this!"

Queen Bribery hissed "You....the Phantasm Soldier of C.A.R.D. technology,Phantasm Cardian.....you have no Phantasms to back you up...you will fall to me and my Dark Legion!!"

"One day,the new Phantasm Soldiers will awaken and defeat you." Sil'fer said. "But for now,you'll be sealed away!"

"Kill them!!" Queen Bribery yelled.The four generals leapt into action.
Both Bribery and Sil'fer were surprised.While Extortion and Conspiracy were good fighters,Ransom and Larceny were wiping out twice as many soldiers in half the time.They were in perfect synch,they knew each other with a surprising sense of familiarity.

Sil'fer then had a lucid thought.Were those two Phantasm Soldiers?? If they were,Bribery may have done something to them,before their time to awaken.It was then that Sil'fer relaized that these two were dangerous,and that without really knowing what bio-agent was used,and how strong they were being controlled,they couldn't help them.Sil'fer pulled out a dart gun and fired it at both Extortion and Conspiracy.The drugged darts put the two generals out like a light.Ransom and Larceny faltered for a moment,and then went after Sil'fer.Sil'fer closed her eyes in sadness,and fired.The drugs took longer on them,they actually got to Sil'fer and knocked her over before they passed out.Sil'fer stood slowly. "I'm sorry..." she whispered softly. "But someday,you'll awaken and defeat the evil within you... Phantasms Megid and Grants." Sil'fer then shot Queen Bribery with the dart gun.

"What do we do with them?" a soldier asked.

"Drop them off on Palma,them and the shards." Sil'fer said. "Their battle must end there."

The doctors gave Ransom the antidote,but there was one last memory to be reclaimed. "Very good." Queen Bribery nodded.Suddenly,she blasted both Ransom and Larceny with a blast of Razonde. "FOOLS!!!You've outlived your purpose!You can die now!"

Ransom and Larceny collapsed on the ground.Kira yelled "What have you done?!?"

Queen Bribery laughed. "They're expendable!Why do you think I hired them?"

Ransom reached for Larceny's hand. "This is....what we've....worked for?My hands....are forever....dirty..."

Larceny's fingers touched his. "Ransom...I like...your hands...."

Then,they both moved no more.

Kira screamed in rage and hit the evil queen right between the eyes.No sooner did Queen Bribery throw Kira off of her,Mia jumped in,with a yell of her own,punching and kicking.The queen threw Mia at Kira and Solitary Ranger,but she got hit by a Foie fireball from Jaycen/Phantasm Foie.Queen Bribery hissed "Not bad....but you are all doomed....just like your fellow Phantasms here..."she indicated Ransom and Larceny.

"What did you do to them?!?" Megumi could barely contain her rage.

"They wanted to be stronger...." Queen Bribery gloated. "So I told them if they sold their souls to me,I would make them the strongest Phantasms ever. Too bad they didn't know they'd be my slaves!" She laughed manically,and said "Now...you will all die!!"

"Don't bet on it." Ransom rasped.He and Larceny were up again,but there was a new-found clarity in their eyes.

"I am the Phantasm of light,Phantasm Grants!" Larceny stated.

Ransom added "And I am the Phantasm of darkness,Phantasm Megid!"

"No!" Queen Bribery yelled. "How could you be rid of my control?!?"

"We have true love for each other." Larceny replied.

Ransom nodded. "And we stand by our fellow Phantasms."

Queen Bribery drew a Hell Halbert. "You will regret defying me!!!"

Larceny drew back her fist,and thrust it forward. "Light peircing!!"

Many arrows of light struck the evil queen.Right before Ransom made his attack,she began to throw the last shard at the obelisk. "Dark soul eater!" A burst of Megid blew through Queen Bribery's chest,the queen fell dead.

They'd defeated Queen Bribery's Dark Legion,gone on to defeat Dark Force,made friends with Rubik and Jigsaw,and Prince Canadine,stopped Prophet Zio from reviving Olga Flow,and they met their future daughter,Greta Kinokuji. Ransom awoke then.

Larceny smiled. "Awake,I see."

"You wanna split an apple?" Ransom managed.And then,Larceny pulled him close and kissed him.They were a team again.

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 14, 2004, 11:47 PM
(Final Act) Chapter Twenty Three "Mysterious soldiers:Two new Phantasms!"
By PStar2cadet

It was two days later.Looking for some kind of clue as to who these Death-Hunters were,Kira Yamaguchi and the group were wandering about Neo Algo. "Who are they?What are they after?" Kira mused aloud.She was happy that she finally evolved,becoming Phantasm Anti,but was still worried about the new enemy.Ransom Kino and Larceny Kuji were out picking up new weapons for the group,they all wanted to upgrade.

"Heh....wouldn't you like to know?" came a voice.There was a girl standing a few feet away,with a Vulmer. "I'm Ruby...and I'll make sure to take your DNA!"

Jaycen Munroe,AKA Phantasm Gifoie leapt forward,angry about the last attack one of the Death-Hunters had made. "No way!Your treachery ends here! Burning Gifoie ring!!" The Vulmer got hit,and screamed.

Ruby had jumped backwards,and was drawing a Shadow Stick. "Heh. You do have skill....but I have..." Suddenly,a laser beam knocked the weapon out of her hand. "Who's there?!?"

On top of a nearby hovercar,stood two individuals.One was a human male Ranger,the other was a female newman Hunter. "I can't tolerate the evil within you,I'm the Phantasm of defense,Phantasm Zalure!" the male said,he appeared to be of Asian heritage.

The female,an African-American,added "I will not let your evil go unpunished!I'm the Phantasm of offense,Phantasm Jellen!"

"They're Phantasms,too?!?" Megumi Shinokawa/Phantasm Gizonde asked.

Ruby's eyes widened in excitement. "Vulmer,get their DNA!!"

Vulmer swung a clawed hand at the new Phantasms.They leapt over the attack,the car was ripped in half. "Whoa!!" Mia Kingsley/Phantasm Gibarta exclaimed. "That thing is powerful!"

Phantasm Jellen began chanting. "I'll lower your strength....Jellen power submerge!!"

The Vulmer swung at Kira,she was knocked back a little bit,but not much. "It...it got weaker!"

Phantasm Zalure waved his hands. "I'll shatter your defense!Zalure power shaking!!" The Vulmer groaned in agony. "Now's your chance!Get him!!"

Ruby threw a few odd seeds at the ground,a few Evil Sharks then erupted out of the seeds,growing rapidly. "See you later!!" Ruby ran off,she knew when it was time to retreat.If her monsters collected any DNA,they would return to the lab.

Megumi Shinokawa began to focus her energy,she wanted all this to be over,but more enemies popped up constantly,the thought enraged her. "I'll....I'll send you to the underworld with the shock of defeat!!I'm the Phantasm of ultimate shocking defeat,Phantasm Razonde!!Razonde shockwave cyclone!!" An awesome blast of Razonde vaporized the monsters.

Mia blinked,looking at Megumi.It was odd,last time Megumi had evolved,she'd gotten a little taller,but now she was 5 foot 10,taller than Mia now, who was only 5 foot 9. "Jeez....you're going to be 50 feet tall if we keep getting more enemies!"

"That happens at times." Phantasm Jellen said. "Some Phantasms change when they get stronger.It's happend in history before."

"Ok...." Kira said. "...just who are you?"

"And...." The Solitary Ranger asked. "Who are the Death-Hunters?"

Phantasms Jellen and Zalure led them to a nearby park,where they all sat down on the benches there. "I am Sammy Rainer." Phantasm Jellen said.She indicated Phantasm Zalure. "This is my boyfriend,Ken Ichizawa.We both attend Dezoris Academy,where the headmaster is Professor Zach Hyle,a descendant of Doctor Osto Hyle.He was very kind and soft-spoken,but a few weeks ago,there was an explosion in the lab.He was the only survivor,and he...changed...."

"Changed?" Mia asked. "How?"

Ken/Phantasm Zalure replied "For one thing,he began wearing glasses. He never takes them off,now.Those of us,who are gifted with techniques,can see his right eye looks odd...it turned red.Normal people don't notice it at all,like he has magically changed it so they don't see it.He's also become...more passionate about his research.He has fits of crazed laughter....and that girl...a member of the Death-Hunters...she's one of his star pupils!There's another one....plus a special assistant of his.We've suspected he's involved with the Death-Hunters,but we don't know how much,or why."

Sammy/Phantasm Jellen said "The Professor Hyle I know would never use his talents for evil...that's why we need to find out what's going on."

Kira nodded. "We'll help you....we need to get to the bottom of this."

Solitary Ranger mused aloud "They always try to gather DNA.....but why?"

"And why are they also interested in the DNA of Phantasm Soldiers?" Megumi wondered.

Sammy shrugged. "I don't know...but I'm wondering about that as well."

Ruby reported to Professor Zach Hyle. "I attacked those Phantasm Soldiers,when two new ones appeared,and two of the other ones were not present."

"Hmmm...." Professor Hyle pressed some buttons on a keyboard.His face remained in the shadows,despite the soft glow of his glasses' lenses. "Two new impurities....we must destroy them.Take a day to prepare a new attack. I'll have a special Altered Beast ready soon."

Ruby nodded,and left.Sadie,the professor's assistant,walked in then. "I have the new blood type you requested." She passed a vial to him.

The professor took the vial,and poured the contents into a tube. "The new type is coming along well." He pressed a key,and the tube pumped the fluid into a large chamber,where a tall abomination stood,in suspended animation.The creature was tall,almost 8 feet tall,she looked like a mix between a human female and a Nano Dragon.The body was mostly human,but the skin tone and head was Nano Dragon,and she had large wings on her back,her hands and feet were clawed.
"When this one awakens,our Messiah of Alteration,the Queen of Altered Beasts,she will pave the way for the re-creation of the Aplum Umbla....starting with the deaths of those impurities,blessed with the divine protection of techniques....the Phantasm Soldiers!Hee hee mwahahahahahaaaa!!!!"

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 17, 2004, 02:23 PM
(Final Act) Chapter Twenty Four "Not all that he seems"
By PStar2cadet

Kira Yamaguchi,Jaycen Munroe,Sammy Rainer and Ken Ichizawa decided to investigate Dezoris Academy some more.Sammy and Ken wore their academy uniforms,and managed to get some for Kira and Jaycen.Jaycen decided to go for the studious look,and put on some wire-frame glasses,and Kira though he looked even hotter with the glasses on.They went into the academy and looked in on a science class. "Hey...isn't that..." Kira asked.

"Ruby." Ken nodded. "She helps teach some of the classes here,and is Professor Hyle's assistant.No one knows where she came from,nor her last name."

"And she's a Death-Hunter." Jaycen said softly. "Why would they be here?"

Sammy sighed. "It's like I had said.I don't want to believe Professor Hyle is involved in this,but he's been real weird since that lab incident."

They peered through the windows some more,and they didn't notice someone softly approaching untill it was too late. "Are you new here?" a friendly voice asked.They spun to see Professor Zach Hyle standing there.He face was not hidden in the shadows,like it normally was.He had pale purple hair,he was wearing very sophisticated looking glasses,and a lab coat. "Ah,Sammy and Ken....some new friends of yours?"

Kira noticed his right eye was indeed red,but didn't comment on it. "We're impressed with that teacher's knowledge of science."

The professor nodded,peering in at Ruby teaching the class. "Ah yes,one of my more gifted pupils.She knows quite a bit about science." He turned and looked right at Kira.It was creepy. "And of ancient legends.Did you know,on Ragol there was a creature named ‘Dark Force'?A legendary evil that revives every 1,000 years,and when defeated,it revives again and again.And that there were two other legenadry evils,Olga Flow,and the Great Shadow,Aplum Umbla....with these labs and students,who knows what they can accomplish?A creature's DNA can be recreated,just like a human's,or a newman's....it's such an...amusing thought....heh hee hee heeeha!" He cleared his throat. "But then,I am easily amused.Do continue with your studies,students."

As the professor walked off,Kira said softly "He....he is not what he seems....how far does this all go?"

Later that night,Ruby walked into the professor's lab room. "You wanted to see me?"

Professor Hyle nodded. "I need you to follow Ken Ichizawa and Sammy Rainer.They had two outsiders with them.I didn't find any records of them as students....I think they may be...impurities."

Ruby smiled. "I see.I will investigate immediatly."

Sadie walked in,handing a AB Seed to her. "This Pan Arms will help you.Have it take one of the Phantasm Soldier's DNA,and have it retreat."

Ruby nodded,pocketing the seed. "I will not fail."

There was a laugh from a corner of the lab. "That's what Jade had said,too.But she got eliminated anyways."

"Put a sock in it,Rosetta,I know what I'm doing." Ruby shot back.

Rosetta emerged from the shadows.She had neon pink hair,and she sneered "Yeah...but how far can you tread water?Or should I ask Jade that?"

Ruby blinked in surprise.Had Rosetta witnessed the death she'd sent Jade to? "That's none of your business!"

The professor ended the argument by saying "You know what to do, Ruby."
Ruby nodded and headed out.

Half an hour later,Kira,Jaycen,Ken and Sammy were enjoying some pizza.They were getting ready to leave,when Ruby walked into the pizzaria. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything?"

Sammy shook her head,a bit nervous. "No,Ms.Ruby...how can I help you?"

"I need to talk to your two friends." Ruby said.

"Oh...." Sammy nodded.

"More accurately,I need thier...DNA....the DNA of a Phantasm Soldier!!" She threw the AB Seed to the ground,it exploded,into a Pan Arms. "Kill those Phantasm Soldiers!!"

Jaycen did a running jump kick,knocking Ruby into a nearby booth. "We don't die so easily!"

Kira drew a Gladius,and began to attack the Pan Arms. "How did she know?!?"

As Sammy drew a pair of Gatling she said "I think the professor found out...maybe he checked the student files...." She fired at the Pan Arms,it screamed in pain.

Ruby was getting up,when Ken said "Your defenses are going down.... Defense power submerge!"

Blue atoms flew around Ruby. "Wha...what?You're an impurity too!"

Rosetta walked in then,and said "I guess I'll have to save this mission." She fired a Launcher at the Phantasm Soldiers,hitting them all.

Jaycen stood up slowly,his battle aur glowed red. "I just can't take anymore of this!!I'll...I'll blow up your evil plans,in the name of Phantasm Rafoie!! Rafoie flame exploder!!!" The explosion sent Ruby through a neaby window,the Pan Arms was greatly weakend,and Rosetta was injured as well.

Suddenly,the Pan Arms stabbed Kira in the arm. "Aaahhh!!"

"We gotta stop it!!" Sammy began firing at it like crazy.

"Pan Arms,split!!" Rosetta commanded.The creature did so,becoming Hidoom and Migium.As Hidoom advanced on the Phantasm Soldiers,the Migium began to stagger towards Rosetta.

"She's....stealing my...mission..." Ruby had managed to say as she staggered to her feet.

"So much for you,Ruby!" Ken drew a Varista and fired a few times, taking Ruby down forever.

Jaycen swung a Berdys,and killed the Hidoom. "That one's done..."

The Migium finally made it to where Rosetta had set up a telepipe. "I've got your DNA!!The professor will enjoy this!!Hahahaha!!" Rosetta and the Migium vanished.

Kira sank to her knees,sobbing. "They got my DNA....what are they after?!?"

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 20, 2004, 06:31 PM
(Final Act) Chapter Twenty Five "Power up!The Messiah of Alternate Reality awakens!"
By PStar2cadet

Professor Zach Hyle looked up as Rosetta rushed in with an injured Migium. "I did it!I got the DNA of a Phantasm Soldier!"

"Excellent!" The professor motioned to his assistant,Sadie,she passed him a syringe,a slide and a vial.The professor took about a minute,collecting the sample and taking some of the Migium's DNA also.He mixed them in the vial,and went over to the tall chamber where the Nano Dragon/human hybrid awaited in stasis.He poured the vial into a machine,which began to transfer it to the creature. "Soon,the Messiah of Alternate Reality,the Nano Regis,will awaken!" He turned to Rosetta. "Attack the Phantasms,stall them for half an hour."

Rosetta nodded and left.Sadie clung to the professor's arm. "We're finally triumphant....it's so...exciting!"

"Yes....." Professor Hyle grinned. "It's about time those Phantasms knew who they are dealing with!"

Sadie kissed him,her arms going around him.The professor asked "What was that?"

"That was a kiss." Sadie looked slightly confused.Was he in a different world?

Professor Hyle smiled. "I've never been kissed before...human customs are so interesting......hee hee hahahahahahahaaaa!!!" Inside the stasis tube,the Nano Regis' eyes opened,glowing a golden light.

Sadie blinked in total confusion.Forget the world,this guy was on a different planet!

Kira Yamaguchi winced as Mia Kingsley put some medication on her injury.They were in Mia's house. "It'll be okay.The medicine will take effect in a minute."

"What are we going to do?" Kira asked.

"We have to be strong." Sammy Rainer said. "That's all we can do."

Nearby,Ransom Kino agreed. "We're all going to have to stay alert now.We can't let them get anymore DNA."

Kira did a double take. "What the....?"

"What is it?" Sammy asked.

Kira shook her head. "I....I thought I saw someone looking in the window...but I must be wrong."

"You're just tired..." Mia said.

Ransom had walked over to look out the window,he was currently beginning to crouch down on the floor. "Trust me...duck!"

The girls began to duck also,not understanding,but obeying.About three seconds later,Rosetta came crashing through the window,she'd been hit by a jump kick from Larceny Kuji.Larceny entered the room through the space of the now empty window. "Look who I found outside."

"Do you ever knock?" Sammy asked,a bit peeved.

Larceny chuckled,her hand on Ransom's shoulder. "Sorry,but if Ransom's in here,I'll smash down the wall to get to him,if needs be."

Mia sighed,knowing her tax meseta would not cover the window replacement. "So,what was she doing out there?"

"She had this..." Larceny showed them an odd dart gun. "Apparently, from what I could tell,she was gonna shoot this syringe at one of you,and collect your DNA."

"Oh,you big doofus!!" Sammy hauled Rosetta to her feet. "What the heck are you up to now?"

Rosetta laughed. "You're finished!I'll send you all to the underworld to meet the ultimate doom!" She began to glow with a red aura.

Sammy backed away Rosetta began to grow vastly in size,turning into a replica of De Rol Lie. "I am a perfect being....created by Professor Hyle!I will sacrifice you to the Messiah of Alternate Reality!!"

Mia cried "My house is getting ruined!"

Sammy grabbed her and slung her over her shoulders. "If we don't move,we'll be ruined,too!" They ran outside,where they turned to fight this new version of De Rol Lie. "Alright,loser....we're gonna trash you!"

"Hee hee haaa haa...." De Rol Lie rasped. "Then I will trash you,first!" It opened it's mouth,a laser beam sprang forth,making a hole in the street.Kira and Ransom were thrown a few feet in the air.Larceny jumped high and caught both of them. "Show off!" the monster yelled at her.

Larceny smiled,she wasn't done yet. "Now for my next magical trick!" She drew a Gatling to her right hand and fired,blowing apart De Rol Lie's mask.

The monster's attention was drawn to a sudden flash of light.Mia was surrounded by a blue battle aura,and Sammy,by a red aura. "You...wrecked my house....!!"

Sammy growled "This is intolerable!!Everytime you hurt me,I'll grow stronger.....I'm the Phantasm of strength,Phantasm Shifta!"

Mia finished with "And I'm....the Phantasm of cold,brutal logic, Phantasm Rabarta!I'll end your evil plans here and now!!"

Ransom blinked. "A double power up...who'd of thought?"

Larceny giggled,remembering when she and Ransom had become Phantasm Soldiers. "Stranger things have happened."

"Take this!!!" Mia brought out a Cannon,and fired,scoring multiple hits."

Sammy cast Shifta on herself and Mia. "Attack power increasing!!"
She drew a pair of Repeaters and fired.

As De Rol Lie dodged that attack,it went right at Mia,in a headfirst dive. "Rabarta ice rhapsody!!" Mia ran as the huge Altered Beast began to freeze slowly.When it's head hit the ground,the frozen monster shattered into millions of ice shards. "I guess you never learned that in science....if ice falls to far,it breaks forever."

Suddenly,the sky overhead began to darken.Sadie appeared out of nowhere,hovering in midair. "Heh....if you wish to fight,come to Dezoris Academy, tomorrow night. "We'll be waiting for you....hahahaah!!" She then vanished.

Kira had picked up part of De Rol Lie's mask. "Challenge accepted...." she growled,crushing the mask fragment suddenly.

To be continued....

PStar2cadet
Apr 23, 2004, 10:00 PM
(Final Act) Chapter Twenty Six "The enemy within"
By PStar2cadet

Kira Yamaguchi stood ready.With her were Jaycen Munroe,Megumi Shinokawa,Mia Kingsley,Ransom Kino,Larceny Kuji,Sammy Rainer,Ken Ichizawa and the Solitary Ranger.There were in the vast parking lot of Dezoris Academy. "Let's finish them forever,this time." Kira said.

They all nodded.Just then,Sadie materialized in midair. "I hope you enjoy this!" She raised her arms,and AB Seeds exploded from under the ground. Altered Beasts began to appear immediatly.While the others were assuming battle positions,Larceny and Ransom ran forward.Before anyone knew what was going on,the two were doing shoulder slams,high jumps and other tactics,forcing their way to the front door.They smashed through the glass doors and were in the building.

Sadie was going to go after them,but the Solitary Ranger fired his Beam,and knocked her out of the air. "We're your opponent!"

"If you insist....prepare to die!!" Sadie whirled,spewing Gizonde at them.The Phantasm Soldiers now had to fight both an army of Altered Beasts,and Sadie,while wondering what Ransom and Larceny were doing.

It was total chaos.

In the control room,Nano Regis said simply "To use an insane tactic to enter the lab....nothing less I expect from the Phantasm Soldiers EX."

Professor Zach Hyle grunted in disapproval.He'd figured that those two were more powerful than the others,but for his creation to apply such praise to them was beyond him. "Mostly,they get lucky.We should make haste to slay them."
Nano Regis' face contorted as she tried to contain her anger,she didn't like being talked down to. "Is something wrong?" the professor asked.

"No,nothing!!" she screamed.The professor's right eye gleamed red with impatience. "I'll take care of the impurities in the lot.You get rid of the EX Soldiers."

"What?!?" the professor asked in disbelief. "I should get rid of them?"
Was his creation getting too much control?

"Use your own soldiers to defeat them." Nano Regis commanded. "Go....Pouilly Slime."

‘Professor Zach Hyle' smiled resignedly. "Yes...."

Larceny ran fast,Ransom a few steps behind her.She remembered that she was a lot taller than him,so she slowed down a little.She realized that after all this time,she was afraid of getting tired of everything,and leaving everything behind, but he always followed her.It was a moot point,she loved him so much,she'd follow him if he'd left.They found themselves in an odd hall,with veins of evil life all over the walls. "What the heck...." Ransom asked.

"Heh heh heh....It against school rules to be here." Professor Zach Hyle materialized about 20 feet away from them.

"When we get through with you,school's out....forever." Larceny said,adopting a battle stance.

The professor shrugged. "It's a shame.I had wanted individuals like you,with perfect bodies to become hosts for my Altered Beasts....like this man,Zach Hyle...heee heeee heeee...." His right eye gleamed a bright red,as his high laughter became inhumanly crazed.His mouth opened and a stream of thick red fluid spewed out,forming a monster.Professor Zach Hyle gasped for air and fainted,as the Pouilly Smile that had possessed him for weeks began to form,easily bigger than the two Phantasm Soldiers.The Altered Beast screamed loudly,it's red eye gleaming.

Larceny struck with Grants. "Light piercing!!" The Pouilly Slime exploded instantly,red goo flying all over the floor. "What?I'm not that good..."

Suddenly,an army of red Pouilly Slimes rose from the floor. "I know you are good...let's see how good you are!" They choroused.Ransom almost hurled his dinner on the floor.

The red slimes began to attack.Ransom dodged three of them,shot one with his Gatling,and zapped another with Megid.Larceny got hit by one of the red slimes,ducked another,slashed three of them in half with a Pole,and hit one with Grants.And still they kept coming!Suddenly,they were both jumped by three of the Pouilly Slimes,they got knocked across the floor,their items scattering.The monsters guarded the items,and chanted "I know all your tricks....heee heeheeaaaha! Nothing you have can stop me!Prepare to have your very souls eaten by the Great Shadow,Aplum Umbla and the Nano Regis!!"

It was the end.

Or was it?

A familiar voice yelled across time and space "Heed the prophets and strike the evil eye!"

Larceny grabbed her book,the Prophets of Motav.Ransom equipped his Photon Claw. "Wha...?What's going on?!?" the slimes wailed.

Larceny opened to the first page,and read aloud "Munn Ditts Poumn!"
The red Pouilly Slimes began to turn into blue Pofuilly Slimes,in groups of two's and three's.Soon,they were all blue....except one,who was a bit further away from the others.That one was red. "Ransom!!"

Ransom ran at it,his Photon Claw drawn back for the kill. "Die!!" He thrust the Photon Claw into it's red eye.

The red Pouilly Slime that had possessed an innocent professor and brought about this whole,final war,screamed and died,exploding into particles that dissolved. "Eeeaaaaaaggghhhh!!!"

Ransom looked to Larceny. "The kid saved us again."

They both smiled. "That she did." Larceny nodded. "Let's get back to the others."

Just then,they heard a rasping voice. "Please wait..." Professor Zach Hyle was staggering toward them. "Please....take this..." He gave them a C.A.R.D. and a pair of Arrest Vulcan. "You can use these...use the Vulcan to confuse Nano Regis...and the C.A.R.D. to dissolve her...." The C.A.R.D. was a Red Handgun.

"Are you okay?" Ransom asked.

The professor managed to nod. "I...am now....I had no control...over what I did...but I saw what....that thing...made me do... I was researching the... Parasite Gene Flow....I wanted to use it's....powers for good... but I was wrong.... it's pure evil.That slime...it was created when the Gene Flow was merged with pure Photons...it said it would spare my life...if I helped it evolve...that's when it..."

Larceny nodded. "Okay.You should get to safety...we'll get you outside,but from there,you need to run,there's an army of monsters out there."

Professor Hyle passed them a pair of Twin Psychoguns. "These will help you defeat Aplum Umbla....it's going to revive any minute...but if you can strike within the first ten minutes,while it's still weak,it will go down easily."

Ransom hung onto both the Red Handgun C.A.R.D. and the Twin Psychoguns.Larceny took the Arrest Vulcans. "Let's show them the power of the Phantasm Soldiers."

To be concluded....

PStar2cadet
Apr 23, 2004, 10:03 PM
Yes,as stated in the last chapter posted,the final is coming.Chapter 27 will be the end,with our heroes battlign Nano Regis and a revived Aplum Umbla....it'll be a little longer than most of the chapters,and will bring the saga to a wrap.I wanna thank everyone for reading,it's been alot of fun writing this series.^_^After this series is done,i have a different PSO fan-fic i'm working on,and i hope that you'll give that one a try as well.

PStar2cadet
Apr 24, 2004, 11:57 AM
(Final Act) Chapter Twenty Seven "Destiny"
By PStar2cadet

Kira Yamaguchi swung her Gladius at Sadie,she dodged.Kira followed up with a kick,knocking her backwards a few steps.Ken Ichizawa waved his hand, casting Zalure. "Defense power submerge!!" Sadie began staggering as her defense power weakened.

Mia Kingsley activated the small stud on her glasses' frame.A scanning screen built into the left lens told her something interesting. "Right ankle..." Mia drew her Sniper and fired,Sadie went down.

"You think you're so smart...." Sadie growled. "I'll show you!!Altered Beast mutation!!!" She began to grow,mutating into a replica of Gal Gryphon.She stomped her feet,the shockwave knocked them all down.

The Solitary Ranger was the first to stand back up.He readied his Cannon and fired,scoring some hits. "Your evil ways will come to an end now."

Gal Gryphon fired lightning at him,the big android dived for cover.
Jaycen Munroe cast Rafoie at the big monster. "Rafoie burning explosion!!" The monster screamed and took to the air.It fired a large tornado down at them.

Sammy Rainer,AKA Phantasm Shifta gathered Kira and Megumi Shinokawa near her. "Attack power rising!!" All three of them got stronger.

Gal Gyphon dived at them,it's right wing knocked Sammy down hard.
Ken ran over to her. "Sammy!Are you okay?" As Kira began to heal Sammy,Ken's battle aura glowed a bright blue. "You!I'll never forgive you!!I'll defeat your mad, pathetic exsistance...I'm the Phantasm of strong defense,Phantasm Deband!!" He cast Deband on himself,Megumi,Kira and Sammy.Gal Gryphon landed and began to stalk them.The four of them rushed into action.Kira swung her Gladius at it's back left foot.Sammy hit it's front right foot with her Glaive.

Megumi waved her arms and said "Feel the spark of eternal justice... Razonde shockwave cyclone!!" Gal Gryphon screamed in pain.Ken drew a Railgun and fired,zapping Gal Gryphon in the right eye.The Altered Beast screamed,and dissolved.

The Nano Regis appeared before them then. "You are indeed skilled... but your lives end here."

"What?" Jaycen asked. "Who are you?!?"

Nano Regis raised her arms to the sky. "I am the Messiah of Alternate Reality,the Nano Regis!!" The ground began to shake.

Megumi drew a Repeater and fired,but it had no effect. "What in the world...?"

Mia activated her scanning lens again. "She's got a force field up...we can't hurt her..."

Slowly,the Great Shadow,Aplum Umbla began to rise out of the ground. "My master...I will defeat these impurities and offer their souls to you...." Nano Regis said.

Jaycen ran forward. "The heck you will!!" He swung a punch at her, she ducked and slugged him,knocking him a few feet through the air.

Mia said "Her shield is down!"

"Let us handle this!" Larceny Kuji and Ransom Kino ran up then.She raised a pair of Arrest Vulcan and fired repeatedly.

The Nano Regis stumbled about,confused. "You...defeated...Pouilly Slime?...Im...possible....!"

Ransom withdrew a C.A.R.D. from his pocket and threw it into the air. It turned into a Red Handgun.He caught it and fired at the Nano Regis. "Time for you to go back to the drawing board!" A spray of acid splashed on the Nano Regis

"Aaggghh!!!" Nano Regis thrashed about,part of her face and one arm were starting to melt.

Sammy threw a Slicer of Assassin at the Nano Regis. "Take this!!" The Nano Regis' chest collapsed,she broke in half and began to dissolve totally.

"GGGRROOAAAHHHH!!!!" The Aplum Umbla roared.

"I don't think it's happy...." Jaycen muttered.

Ransom passed Kira the Twin Psychoguns. "These should help alot."

The entire group stood ready. "Let's do it." Kira nodded.

In the kingdom of Kohan,Prince Canadine looked at the sky,which was darkening quickly. "It's begun....be safe,Kira."

A few miles away,Jigsaw and Rubik saw the sky blacken as well. "Is it the end...?" Rubik asked.

Jigsaw shook her head. "Not as long as there are Phantasm Soldiers."

Professor Zach Hyle had made it to a shelter. "Ransom...Larceny.... never give up."

The group ran forward.The Aplum Umbla roared and struck with evil,mutated tenticles.Larceny hit the ground and came up firing the Arrest Vulcans, scoring a few hits. "I won't let you taint this world with your evil....Light piercing!!" A blast of Grants hit the Aplum Umbla.

Jaycen Munroe struck the Aplum Umbla repeatedly with a Breaker. "This is our planet...find some other place to invade!!" A tenticle knocked him over,but he got back up again.

Ransom was moving in for a shot at the large entity,but it summoned a Grass Assassin to fight him. "It's getting stronger...we don't have much time left!" He hit the Grass Assassin a few times with a Pallasch,and followed up with a shot of Megid. "Dark soul eater!!" The Altered Beast screeched and died.

Megumi threw a blast of Razonde at the Aplum Umbla. "Razonde shockwave cyclone!!" The Aplum Umbla wailed in pain,and lashed out,Megumi got thrown back quite a bit.

Ken and Sammy struck fast,with a Gigush and Glaive. "This evil.... must die!" Ken said.

Sammy nodded. "Thanks for being there for me..."

The Aplum Umbla hit them hard. "Ggrraaohhhh!!!"

Kira looked around,her friends were all getting trashed. "This...this is...terrible...."

Solitary Ranger put a hand on her shoulder. "Our destiny is to fight evil."

"You can do it!" Ransom yelled,firing the Red Handgun at Aplum Umbla before getting knocked down.

Kira clenched her Twin Psychoguns. "You've hounded my friends... you mistreat the ones I love....I'll defeat you!!" She ran at the Aplum Umbla.

Aplum Umbla summoned a Hildebear and a Baranz to fight her.

Solitary Ranger fired his Cannon as Mia cast Rabarta on the Hildebear. "Go for it!!"

Kira leapt over the two monsters,and kept running at the Aplum Umbla.Larceny ran alongside her,picked her up,and jumped incredibly high. "Take it out!" she instructed.

Aiming her Twin Psychoguns at the Aplum Umbla,the final evil to challenge her,Kira yelled "Time to face destiny!" She fired over and over again.

Aplum Umbla screamed like a million souls of the cursed,and began to dissolve.

Larceny and Kira landed,and saw that their friends were getting up off the ground,injured,but okay.The two girls began to laugh,with tears of joy.It was finally over.

A few days later,Ransom was looking up at the night sky. "It's a beautiful night."

Larceny nodded. "That it is."

Ransom added "I was thinking of how things have happend,the last few years."

"Oh?" Larceny asked.Ransom looked at her,he looked so serious. "What?"

Ransom blushed and handed her a ring. "Will you...?Can we make a future together?WIth Greta?"

Larceny blushed. "Are you asking me to...?"

Ransom nodded,a bashful smile on his face. "Will you marry me?"

Larceny smiled,putting the ring on her finger. "Yes...Gladly." Then she was in his arms,kissing him.

Sammy and Ken were taking a walk in a nearby park. "I'm glad that Professor Hyle is okay now." Ken said. "I was really worried."

Sammy nodded. "Me too.You know....I was thinking....do you wanna move to this area of town?"

"That'd be nice." Ken nodded. "We'd get to spend time with Kira and the others more."

Sammy blushed. "I meant,both of us...you know,get an apartment together."

"Really?" Ken blinked.

Sammy nodded. "Yes.We never had much time to strengthen our relationship,because we were always searching for the other Phantasms and trying to fight evil....I'd like to take some time to get to know you better.Try to have a normal life.....that sorta thing."

Ken smiled. "I think anything's possible."

Kira and Jaycen were looking up at the sky. "Jaycen...how do you like me?"

"Huh?" Jaycen asked.

"How?" Kira asked,making a cute face.

"I like you a lot." Jaycen smiled,putting his arm around her.
Kira smiled,happy.She was Kira Yamaguchi,a girl who followed her heart,but she also a warrior for peace who fought against evil....a Phantasm Soldier.

The end.

Thanks for reading!With gratitude,PStar2cadet,2004.

PStar2cadet
Apr 24, 2004, 12:19 PM
Hiya!Well,i had alot of fun with this series,i'm hard at work on my new series,which will be started in a few days.I'm still doing some rough deatils on that yet.
As it may be obvious,Phantasm Soldiers was a hybrid of PSO and Sailor Moon.I'm a big SM fan,i've got all the anime,manga,14 of the japanese video games,and more...lol...so it was interesting to me to do a sort of PSO version of SM.^_^
The first villians(later called 'Dark Legion') Queen Bribery,Conspiracy,Extortion,Ransom and Larceny were based on the Dark Kingdom villians(Queen Beryl,Jadeite,Nefrite,Zoisite and Kunzite).In the original manga,the generals used to be Prince Endymion's(AKA Prince Darien)soldiers,but the anime left that plot point out,making the generals pure evil.So,i decided to make Extortion and Conspiracy the evil ones,with Ransom and Larceny the brainwashed Phantasm Soldiers.Naturally,Dark Force (AKA Dark Falz) was the replacement for Queen Metallia(AKA Negaforce)in this series.I liked the idea of collecting the shards of the obelisk to summon Dark Force.remember in PSO 1 the obelisk shatters when Dark Force appears?^_^
In series 2,Rubik and Jigsaw(i fondly think of them as the 'Puzzle Masters',named after puzzles...Jigsaw Puzzle and Rubik's Cube,anyone?) replaced Alan and Ann of the Doom Tree series,but i didn't make a character to stand in for the Doom Tree.Also,i felt that them doing a C.A.R.D. thing was also a nice tie-in to the recent PSO3.^_^And Steel Garanz,Vol Opt, Epsilon and Prince Canadine were named after machines from PSO 1&2(they stood in for Rubeus,Emerald,Sapphire and Prince Diamond).Zio Straxis the Prophet was the 'Wiseman' of the story.
Greta Kinokuji was the replacement for Chibi-Usa(Rini),but i decided to make her the future daughter of Ransom and Larceny,to tie in the fact that Ransom is Megid,Larceny is Grants,and Greta is Reverser, the three spells that only Forces in PSO know.
In series 3,Professor Zach Hyle/Pouilly Slime is the stand in for Professor Souichi Tomoe/Germatoid.The Death-Hunters group is the stand in for Tomoe's group,the Death-Busters(in the usa,they nameed them the 'Bad Behavior Bureau',for some odd reason).Sadie was the 'Kaorinight' of the group,with Aplum Umbla standing in for Pharoah 90,and Nano Regis taking the role of Mistress 9.Sammy and Ken were like the Neptune and Uranus of the soldiers in this series, though Ransom and Larceny also played that type of role early on.Solitary Ranger was like Tuxedo Kamen(Tuxedo Mask)in a sense,of being sort of a protector/guardian.Jaycen was kinda like Mars,but like Tuxedo towards Kira.Mia is the Mercury of the group,with Megumi being the Jupiter of the bunch.
Well,that's pretty much it for this seires,thanks again for reading,this was a fun series for me,i hope my next series is just as fun,i'll be posting the first one of that in a few days,with an announcement of what it exactly is.Thanks.^_^