PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Good and Evil

Bradicus
Feb 21, 2004, 11:49 AM
This is a superb game with a good story, interesting characters, beautiful graphics and very orriginal.

It is too bad that the 55 blocks it needed blew my memory card's mind, but even without saving, it was a great experiance.

If you feel like renting a game next weekend, pick it up.

Stormsworder
Feb 21, 2004, 11:51 AM
YOU'VE BEAT IT?!

Kibo
Feb 21, 2004, 03:13 PM
On 2004-02-21 08:51, Stormsworder wrote:
YOU'VE BEAT IT?!

LOL! I will look for it, on a system besides GC. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Outrider
Feb 21, 2004, 05:57 PM
I got it for PS2 (for $10!), but I haven't played it in weeks. I mean, I like it, but the game is still too flawed. I have trouble trying to play a game when it has stupid stuff such as bad play control. And I didn't think the graphics looked that good, but obviously I'm playing it on PS2, so they shouldn't really compare to the GCN graphics if it was a good port.

But hey, if Bradicus says he likes it, listen to him, cause he's actually played all the way through it. I don't think I'm even halfway through...

Skett
Feb 21, 2004, 10:26 PM
I enjoy it. Its like Zelda but has enough to get by without being called a "copy". I thought the graphics were fine. Nothing special (although the water looked nice). The gameplay is where it shines. And since UbiSoft lowered the price (sucky sales) there is really no reason not to get it.

AUTO_
Feb 21, 2004, 10:54 PM
On 2004-02-21 19:26, Skett wrote:
Nothing special (although the water looked nice).

The first game I can think of (on the next-gen consoles) to have really realistic water was the PS2's Ico.

^ Another great game btw

I played some of BG&E at a friends house--and I thought it looked pretty cool.

Zzzzzz
Feb 21, 2004, 11:02 PM
Yeah, $20 for GCN. Original stroyline, great characters...
But I played it monthes before it came out. You people don't remember? It's called "Starfox Adventures." From the jumping to using a staff to fighting the enemies to solving simple puzzles, the gameplay seems the same.
But I still like it, I just don't have the motives to finish it.

Skett
Feb 21, 2004, 11:17 PM
On 2004-02-21 20:02, Zzzzzz wrote:
It's called "Starfox Adventures."

The difference is that Starfox Adventures sucked. At least, thats my opinion. BD&E has a lot more diverse gameplay than SFA. Its not hard to see why you think SFA and BG&E are very alike: they both use the Zelda gameplay.

Stormsworder
Feb 21, 2004, 11:25 PM
I wonder what happens to Jade in the end... I can't get past the Slaughterhouse mission.

Alielle
Feb 22, 2004, 03:13 AM
A vastly underrated game. It's a work of art.

I also like the bonus m-disks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Outrider
Feb 22, 2004, 04:46 AM
Actually, I do have to agree with Zzzzzz on this. While I think BG&E is definitely better than Star Fox Adventures, it really does remind me of that game. Just two games that emulate the style of Zelda but don't succeed. I really really tried to like BG&E, but I think it just got swept behind by titles such as Prince of Persia and Devil May Cry (I got them all at about the same time.) I mean, I'll go back to it and beat it eventually, but there's not really anything driving me to do it. It's a really good game idea wise, and I love how it mixes all these different kinds of gameplay. Things such as the hovercraft and the camera system and whatnot are really really awesome. The story is good so far, and the characters are pretty entertaining, but aside from the giant pig, I really don't remember any of them specifically. Really, the only problem I have with this game is gameplay issues. There were several times I would be playing it, and just be bored, or sick of doing the same thing over and over again, or just be completely lost. And a lot of times, I would screw up over some silly control problem. Is this just me? Am I the only one that really can't stand getting stuck on walls when walking too close to them?

I don't quite remember where I am, but I remember doing the slaughterhouse mission. How far is that? I figure when I finish with Halo on PC, I'll go back to BG&E to see if maybe I can find what everybody's talking about.

Alielle
Feb 22, 2004, 05:47 AM
I had no problems with the controls. Maybe it is just you.

RuneLateralus
Feb 22, 2004, 05:52 AM
My stance on this game is that everyone should get it. Especially since it is only $19.99. Damn good game for that price. One of the best games released in 2003...especially in terms of story, look, and style.

Bradicus
Feb 22, 2004, 12:06 PM
The first day i rented it, i got to the slaughter house (7:00pm to 2:00am). I couldn't save, so i restarted the next day. It took me from 11:00am to 9:00pm, but flying in the Baluga was worth it. The ending was good, but they added one of
those "the threat still exists" things at the end of the credits. That killed some of my joy, but i wouldn't turn down a sequel.

Stormsworder
Feb 22, 2004, 03:20 PM
What happens to Jade in the end?

Bradicus
Feb 22, 2004, 05:04 PM
*spoiler*

Jade is actually the power scource of the DomZ king. She was stolen by Pay'j and those she called "her parents". The DomZ had tracked her down to Hillys and were searching for her, to repenish their king (who is being kept alive by the humans that the Alpha Sections kidnap).

In the end, she defeats the DomZ king and uses her power to heal all of the drained humans.

Stormsworder
Feb 22, 2004, 05:20 PM
And let me guess. She dies.