Firocket1690
Feb 21, 2004, 05:45 PM
Well ...

Ranting again ._.

Let's see, I just came back from a very nice trip to HK, with some issues
that I'd like to copmplain about.

Hmmm, where should I start ... ?

The aiplane seems to be a nice intro.

On my way from JFK (NY) to Narita (Tokyo), I happened to be sitting in a 747 (United)
Yay, the one with those little moniter thingies !!~ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

After I'm done skimming through the Hemispheres and SkyMall magazines,
I just browse through the limited 21 channels of audio. Well, It just happens
to be my luck, all three of the Japanese/Chinese channels are on the other flight.
>.<
No biggie, I just go to sleep. After about an hour after I"m asleep, a flight attendant
comes to me, shakes me awake, turns on my television, flips to the entertainment
section in the Hemispheres mgazine, places it in my lap just to tell me there is
a personal TV at my seat. I seriously don't know what the fuck is wrong with her ...
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Anywho ...

Eventually, I land in Tokyo (w00t) My mother gave me 2000 yen to buy stuff/shop/etc
Knowing Narita's airport has a shower someplace around, I asked around. The girl at the
information counter said it was at the opposide end of the airport. (gates 40-60)
Well, now I smell like crap, the only shop around is the United's Red Carpet Club,
Which I'm not allowed in, and a small convinence shop called "B's Kiosk". I just buy
about 500 yen worth of candy and a bottle of Calpico Water (damn stuff's so addictive)
And a pack of AA Batteries (yes, I'm 15, female, and I play with my GBA, shut up)
I sit for about two hours in front of the gate.
About half hour before boarding, they said something happened to their engine and my
flight was delayed a few hours, supposedly 5:45
I've got nothing more to do, my iPod's battery died out, I cleared about 231 missions
in FFTA, and I'm bored out of my -fucking- mind.
At about 8:00, (JP time), everything's up and runnig again, and we board.
w00t.

Nothing much happens from Japan to Hong Kong.

Well, my fourth aunt picks me up in HK, and she's wondering what the hell happened to me.
She wasn't informed of the delay, and was scared the hell out of herself.
Okay, we (2nd cousin, aunt, myself) hop into my cousin's car and we go home.
We return home, and my 3rd cousin sees my new iPod. She askes to borrow it,
Obviously, I allow.

Next morning, My aunt wakes me up at 8, we go to Bread King, a bakery near the appartment.
After we order, she informs me I have tuitering in an hour.
Well, damn it, I'm still half asleep, and she expects me to study. Well, I talked
myself out of it for today, whilst I'll prolly go tomorrow. I spent the rest of the day
sleeping till about 7. (HK time)

Next morning, I don't know what the hell happened, but I woke myself up at 6.
Anywho, I went down (same resturant) to have breakfast, finished up the current lesson
with my new tutor, and that was that.
My fifth aunt called and said her son (meh, I dunno which cousin) was free today.

Spent the day with him, went out, etc.
I finally got white highlights (wanting these for a while now ...)
And Rockman Battle Network 4: Blue Moon (JP version)
Although I was looking for PSOPlus...
I left him with $60 USD (roughly 480 Hong Kong Dollars, more than enough)
and told him to help me buy PSOPlus.

Well, the next night, My grandma calls, and tells me to visit her.
I hesitate, but reluctantly go. Living in the dirty half of the city with streets lined
with noisy shops isn't exactly the nicest place ...

I stand by the outside door to the foot of her apartment. Some guy comes by, looks at me,
I look at him, and he studies my face. I try to ignore him, and pretend to wander off.
He opens the aprtment door, and asks if I want to go in with him. Uhhh .... NO
He asks me if I'm [father's name]'s daughter. Scared the livinv hell out of me ....
Then, my grandma slowly came down, with another lady helping her on her way here.
"Ah, you've met [forgot his name], He's your Uncle."
We have a small conversation there.
From what she's told me, she's having some trouble with her vision.
Her eye doctor fucked up her surgery, and now her left eyelid is stuck closed.
Well, she goes on and on about how dad has never called, How long she hasn't seen me, etc.
After all is done, I return home (4th aunt's house)

Meh, every morning's the exact same thing, breakfast, study, then I go off to do blablabla.
Friday's my last night in Hong Kong, I leave the next morning (today), so they (family)
let me go off to do whatever I wish. I spent most of my afternoon shopping around
those computer/video game shops
Illegal, but very cheap. They burn PS2/Xbox/computer games onto cheap CDs and sell
them for 20 HKD (roughly three bucks USD.)
Anywho, I bought myself one of those Super Famicom GBA SPs (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/040114/index.html)
Red, white, gold. Nintendo only made 10,000 of em' w00t.

After waisting more time looking around, I head to the local internet cafe.
I get on and mess around PSOW and a few other forums for two hours.
OMG, it was the weirdest thing...
After that weird thread (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=76220&forum=14&16) about the potato chips in FKL, I read it, posted a few times,
and after Navi's post
... and had a sudden urge for curry cuips .... >.<
I went out to a local 7-11, bought a bag, and went home.

We (4th aunt, 4th Uncle, 3rd cousin, 2nd cousin and her bf) sit down and have dinner.
After dinner, I ask my cousin for my stuff. She returns my iPod, and gives me
PSO EpIII, and that PSO EpIII MEmory card from Hoei.
I sat down, shut up, and didn't say a word. (Although I wanted [i]PSO I&II+)

Well, I pack up my stuff for the next morning.
I kept my iPod plugged into the adapter so I'd have a freh battery for the flight.
THen I went to sleep.
I was woken at 7 this morning by my aunt.
While I was in the bathroom, my aunt placed most of my things (for carry on) on
the table. I walked out of the bathroom, thanked her, and pocketed my stuff
(GBA, iPod, wallet).
Well ... Apparantly, she left the iPod charger thingy right where it was.
Me, having a tendency to be careless when I rush, forget as well.
So, right now, my FireWire cable is sitting in the room, in HK.
... Whoops http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Fast foreward a few hours later. I'm sitting by Gate 61 in Hong Kong Airport, with
a half hour before boarding, I double check my bag.
Well, strangly, I still had about 170 HKD in my wallet.
I know I kept aside some money for something at the airport ...
Well, I had originally planned to get a CD (Jay's new album, forgot title)
at the "Sound And Vision"
>.<
*forgets*

Well ...
we board the plane to Tokyo, and that's that.
Closest thing to a problem on this flight was the baby that kept crying, nothing much.

When I got to Tokyo, I had a few hours before my flight back to NY boards,
so I went looking around.
I exchanged what was left of my USD to Yen (about 8,500 yen)
First thing, rushed to the shower station. (wasted about 20 minutes in there)
After looking around a bit, I bought 'MISIA Single COllection 5th Annaversary'
from the audio shop.
w00ty.

Eventually, I got on the plane, and sat down.
The flight attendant began handing out newspaper....
"Jap papers or New York Times ?!!"
I really question the intelligence of that lady.
I doubt she knows how many people she offends...

I always request an aisle seat.
Lucky me. -_-
There was a couple, sitting directly across from me.
GOD ....
THey were one of the first people to gee on the plane,
and were having a whole makeout session while everyone
else was boarding. I mean ...
her hand down his pants, and he was eating her
head .... Disturbing >.<
Plane wasn't too crowded.
seats were something like:
-- -Y--X 00
- Empty seat
Y was some respectable Japanese lady I talked with a bit
X is me,
OO is the disturbing couple...

After three hours, it was night (in TOkyo)
and everyone was asleep. The guy sitting across from me
was snoring .... SO DAMN LOUD !!
I took out my laptop (THIS COMP), tried out my new
Misia CD, and began typing up this
story/rant.

I went back to ask the lfight attendant for a cup of water...
"I'm sorry, I can't give you any water, there's another 8 hours
in the flight and only three bottles left."
WTF ?!!

Well, Mostly complaints about aiport issues, but not too much more. ...
I'm done. =l

Now I'll just put a wacko smiley here for no apparant reason. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Wow, I'm starting to like this wacko thing.

Edit 1: typos
Edit 2: Fetches links
Edit 3: Fetches second link

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-02-21 15:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-02-21 15:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-02-21 15:29 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 21, 2004, 06:39 PM
On 2004-02-21 14:45, Firocket1690 wrote:
Edit 1: typos
You forgot some http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
but nice reading you, I don't really see any rant =/
Off topic ?

Riu_000
Feb 21, 2004, 08:34 PM
Hehe, the trip didn't sound that bad. Then again it's not really up to me to judge what is, and what isn't. The only part in my opinion that was truly bad would have been that couple on the air plane... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

*Looks in FireRocket's profile* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Myopathy
Feb 21, 2004, 11:20 PM
HK is is pretty cool. For about 5 days, then it starts getting a little bland, unless you know the hot night spots. Anyway, I went there this summer since my dad recently got a job in HK and moved there from the US. It was pretty cool, and I enjoyed it a lot. But I think, from a tourist perspective, it's not as exciting after a little while.

undevil
Feb 22, 2004, 08:54 AM
I went to Japan before. And I have been to HK. I think Japan is much cooler though.

_Ted_
Feb 23, 2004, 12:33 AM
The farthest I've ever been from the US is Hawaii, it would probably be pretty cool to go to Hong Kong or some place though.

and Undevil? WHY DO YOU WANT BABIES!? Are you going to eat them!? Have you been reading Johnathan Swift's "A Modest Proposel" or something?

Rainbowlemon
Feb 23, 2004, 05:52 AM
Wow, just reading that kept me occupied for a good five minutes! Not really a rant, but oh well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I once had a girlfriend that was born in Hong Kong, and she used to adore the place, even though all she ever did was hang around with her family.

Personally, I would love to go to Hong Kong (or perhaps Japan) regardless, but I would be completely lost without a guide!

How many times have you been before? Perhaps things are losing there touch because of the amount of times you have been - I am beginning to feel that way about Greece, as that has been my holiday destination for about 10 years running now.

undevil
Feb 23, 2004, 05:38 PM
My dad goes to Japan once or twice a year because his business makes him go there for whatever reasons. He decided to take us there once because he gets free rides, and my mom got a free ride, and me and my two bros got discounts on the ride. It was 200 per person front and back, which is a very good deal.

Link00seven
Feb 23, 2004, 05:53 PM
Sounded interesting. I've never been on a long trip before...the farthest i've ever gone was from Michigan to Indiana...tis a shame. I wanna travel http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I hope to goto Japan someday!

BogusKun
Feb 24, 2004, 08:19 PM
On 2004-02-21 14:45, Firocket1690 wrote:

Eventually, I land in Tokyo (w00t) My mother gave me 2000 yen to buy stuff/shop/etc
Knowing Narita's airport has a shower someplace around, I asked around. The girl at the
information counter said it was at the opposide end of the airport. (gates 40-60)
Well, now I smell like crap,

First off... why not prepare to shop for the best? 2000 en? Pfft... that like 18 Bucks in US. That's just enough to get a decent meal at McDonald's but Japan is so horrible in it. I think the fries are more fatening...

Geez... LMAO Stink? Hmmm. Deodorant? Just Kidding. My flights to Tokyo were like... I was at my final destination (For Space World) and supposely I had time for that shower...

But I forgot you were headed to Hong Kong so, yea... Nice Stroy all in all... But best thing to do next time around is to get 10000 YEN!

Noone
Feb 28, 2004, 08:26 PM
HK? Sounds better than my trip to vietnam. Vietnam doesn't have anything there, but relatives(not bad), mosiquitos, heat, rice, nothing to do(only Homework), and no toilets (well bad ones). And the flight there i had a bloody nose and on the way back my family had to stay overnight at JFK because of a F*****g snowstorm. Unlike you i had not electronic diversions. The only thing i had was a Rainbow Six and thats long as hell, but i finished that on the way there, and on the way back i bought a book From the corner of his eye by Koontz in Singapore and...

Ooops, did i write all that? *looks at top of post* Um... I mean, HK? My friend went there, ate rice in a box and found a lot of bootlegged stuff.