PDA

View Full Version : GC: Broadband via Gamecube over NTL

JohnnyUK
Feb 21, 2004, 08:05 PM
I finally found a broadband adapter for my GC today and am having a little trouble setting it up. I have a 1MB NTL connection that connects via an ethernet card to my PC. To get my Gamecube online, do I have to somehow route it through the PC or can I just plug the GC direct into the set top box?

Also, how in the hell am I supposed to know all the IP related questions on the PSO network setup screen?

I honestly am a complete n00b to setting this up, so any help in the most easily understandable way would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rich_T
Feb 22, 2004, 05:43 AM
you can route it through the P.C, but to do so you need to set up internet conection sharing, and use a crossover ethernet cable ( available from places like maplins, if you dont see one ask in the shop) you could go straight to your set top box, but you may need to un plug it from the mains for a couple of minutes then unplug the P.C plug in the gamecube lead and then switch back on.

As for all the questions about IP addreses etc, set everything on the gamecube to automatic and leave them.