PDA

View Full Version : POLL: for any dc vets here

Spliffman
Feb 22, 2004, 03:04 AM
I just wondered how many vets from the dc days were here, and what you think of the way pso has changed. This poll in particular, is about the changes made to the drop system.

Do you prefer the dc system of random drops just about anywhere (I remember finding a delsabers right arm off a hildelt lol) or the gc way of one rare per enemy?

Soukosa
Feb 22, 2004, 03:25 AM
PSO has always had one set rare drop per enemy. In the DC versions, the standard photon weapons were replaced with their corresponding 9 star versions, which dropped as untekked special weapons on the first version. Those were not rare drops but just random drops like a monomate. There was also some mistakes made with some of the rare drops that caused some of the enemies to drop an enemy part of another enemy.

Spliffman
Feb 22, 2004, 04:28 AM
The dreamcast rare drops were all over the place. For christ sake, I found a holy ray off a delsaber, and in the next room I found a light relief off another delsaber.

I guess you never played dreamcast pso. This is for dc vets only.....don't bring your arguments here it's a poll. Enemies on dreamcast could drop anything, only a few enemies had a specific drop, like tollaw dropped mkb for half id's, and plantain leaf for the other half. Other than that, it was so random you never knew what you were gonna find.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spliffman on 2004-02-22 02:55 ]</font>

Armok
Feb 22, 2004, 06:59 AM
What u talking about spliffman? in Dc v2 ult mode all spec weopons where specified. V1 weopons where made into common drops almost.

PJ
Feb 22, 2004, 08:52 AM
I prefer the GC style of dropping (I remember when Delsaber dropped SBeat's Arms for my brother, that was SO weird).

Of course, I did get an Agito 2001 in Nromal Ruins... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dragon_Knight
Feb 22, 2004, 08:59 AM
No he means that DC PSO didn't really have a drop chart the way GC PSO does.

Once I went thorugh Very Hard Ruins, through the entire run the most common enemy Daimons dropped either a DB saber, varista, or club of laconium if it dropped anything rare at all. Now there were levels were you had a better chance of finding a specific rare, such as hard mines for finding the double saber, but you could also find them anywhere as well. Once I found a double saber off of a death gunner in normal, and a delsaber shield arm off a Choas sorcerer in hard.

ilr2000
Feb 22, 2004, 09:03 AM
It's alot better in the GC version. Back on DC I found JACK SHIT! Well... in v2 I did find a red sword, but it was utterly useless outside of caves. Sad days those were...

Hrith
Feb 22, 2004, 12:41 PM
On 2004-02-22 05:59, Dragon_Knight wrote:
No he means that DC PSO didn't really have a drop chart the way GC PSO does.
Which is absolutely wrong, as Sounomi stated, I have the charts for DCv1 and DCv2 and the rare drops are fixed, just like on NGC.

And look at in the extra info in my profile >_>

Soukosa
Feb 22, 2004, 01:11 PM
On 2004-02-22 01:28, Spliffman wrote:
The dreamcast rare drops were all over the place. For christ sake, I found a holy ray off a delsaber, and in the next room I found a light relief off another delsaber.

I guess you never played dreamcast pso. This is for dc vets only.....don't bring your arguments here it's a poll. Enemies on dreamcast could drop anything, only a few enemies had a specific drop, like tollaw dropped mkb for half id's, and plantain leaf for the other half. Other than that, it was so random you never knew what you were gonna find.

I don't need to have played the DC versions to see that they had set drops per enemy. I have seen the drop tables, straight from the game, for all three versions and they all have set drops.

On 2004-02-22 05:52, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
I prefer the GC style of dropping (I remember when Delsaber dropped SBeat's Arms for my brother, that was SO weird).

That was a mistake on ST's part. Hard Yellowboze Delsabers dropped S-Beat's Arms for some reason.

Spliffman
Feb 22, 2004, 01:55 PM
thanks for the opinions guys, I remember how ult was on ver2 too. It was like the chicken and egg, normal weapons didn't do jack, and you had to kill ultimate enemies to get the weapons you needed to kill them lol. I ended up doing c mode for a decent weapon lol.

peace

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 22, 2004, 02:04 PM
Sonic Team has done a MUCH better job with PSO this time around. I have played v1 on DC for monthes, literall from when I woke up to when I went to sleep, I stayed in my room and played PSO online. Until v2 came out and I had to pay, thats why I stopped playing.

I like that Sonic Team fixed somethings around such as the weapons appearance, having a DB's saber that looked like a flashing Green-Blue saber back on DC was REALLY ANNOYING. Also, I especially like the fact that a lot of the weapons are class specific now, making a distinction between the classes more apparent. As well as the added distinction between Newman (gain TP while standing still), Humans (can use 250 mats), Androids (gain HP while standing still, can NOW use traps). If only ST could figure out a way to COMPLETELY eliminate cheating, then all would be good in the PSO universe. Can you imagine that? Being able to trade with ANYONE, not having to worry whether the item was duped or not? Man that would make PSO such a funner* game to play.

NOTE: Is "funner" actually a word?

lain2k3
Feb 22, 2004, 02:23 PM
On 2004-02-22 11:04, Tsudo_Plat wrote:

I'm not sure, but i don't think so, try using 'more fun' next time, ok?

lol

SabZero
Feb 22, 2004, 02:42 PM

It's supposed to be "funnier". funny -> funnier -> funniest.

Now I'm confused about the umber of "n"s *shrug*

But thanks, you clear up some of my doubts aobut the DC version. I'm playing on v2 and wondered about using traps, regeneration etc...

kazuma56
Feb 22, 2004, 04:21 PM
? didn't andriods have traps in V.2 when they hit lvl 100?

Yea, The GC system is alot better than the DC version, I remeber one time when I was playing V.2 offline I got a Bringer's right arm of a Delsaber and when I went to GF's to tell ppl about it, some guy got in an argument with me because he had never found anything other than Del parts off of dels.... good times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Hrith
Feb 22, 2004, 04:59 PM
On 2004-02-22 13:21, kazuma56 wrote:
They had from Lv1, the thing is they only appeared in Ultimate mode.

PJ
Feb 22, 2004, 08:20 PM
On 2004-02-22 10:11, Sounomi wrote:
That was a mistake on ST's part. Hard Yellowboze Delsabers dropped S-Beat's Arms for some reason.

Thanks for that! I didn't know... I did think it was random because of that one drop, and my brother wasyellowboze... ^_^;

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 22, 2004, 08:28 PM
On 2004-02-22 13:59, Kef wrote:

On 2004-02-22 13:21, kazuma56 wrote:
They had from Lv1, the thing is they only appeared in Ultimate mode.

I'm a v1 Veteran, not v2, so I didn't know they had traps in v2.