PDA

View Full Version : Tonight's lesson... Respect other people's opinions.

Cronical
Apr 16, 2001, 08:19 PM
The problem: Ignorant wars among "cheaters and "legits.

So, you say these "cheaters" ruin your game and their own? Well, that is a very ignorant thing to say. If you want to play it in the "correct" way(we will get to this later) go ahead. Some don't want to play that way. They want to "cheat". Now that we have established that, let me explain why it IS NOT A BAD THING. People see others do impossible thigns, and say that they are lamers with no self respect and thus can't play the game without help. Incorrect. Over 75% of the "cheater" population is of my type, the curious. The point of it is to find what happens when the lever goes the other way. We want to find new things the game is capable of, so that the horizon broadens. Yet we are ridiculed. Uneducated people think we ruin the game and thus should be banned. Wrong. People like ME don't ruin the game. We help make it better. The people that RUIN the GAME are the people who use this power AGAINST others. They PK innocents, steal, and etc. They mess your game up. ANd they mess our game up. So do you see the real problem yet? Instead of picking the most likely target and blaming it, we need to focus on PSO's real problem, BAD PEOPLE. If people do bad things, and are punished, PSO will become fun again. Pissing off people who want to make a purple double saber by banning them isn't the solution. If we can all get along and help fight the BAD PEOPLE, we can all get along and hold hands while we sing "We are Ragol". Happiness and pants be with you all.

P.S Let's define this "legit" way of playing. Point of game: Kill the evil Forcey thingy and have everyone be happy. If that was your job, and you could do it by shoving sticks up a monster's ass or pressing a button and have him deleted, which would you choose? Exactly. All that need be done is do the task to enjoy it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Danger_Girl
Apr 16, 2001, 09:18 PM
I'm sure your a swell guy Cronical, but if join a game with me put away the gameshark pleasehttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif.

Glider
Apr 16, 2001, 09:34 PM
I can understand why people want to uncover everything, but with a online game cheaters affect everyone. I know I would be playing a lot more if their were still items to be found, but because of these dupers and cheaters every single rare item is out. One of the main draws of PSO is rare weapon hunting, but that draw was gone just weeks after PSO's release because of these "curious" peoples. I didn't want to know all of the items in the game, but that wasn't my choice. So yes, every single cheater ruined the game for me. That doesn't make the game un-playable, but it really sucked the life out of PSO.

BWS-1
Apr 16, 2001, 10:09 PM
true

Spy
Apr 16, 2001, 10:14 PM
Curiousity killed the cat, and nearly PSO as well.

Draekkan
Apr 16, 2001, 10:22 PM
I agree with Glider. However, so as to not sound like a yes-man, I'll expand my point.

If a person is using a GS to test every little loophole in the programming, I say fine. I want to have fun with the game as well as that person wants to have fun with his, and my perspective of "having fun" with the game may not be the same as his/hers. Let whoever does this hack/cheat to their heart's content. If they get their kicks out of that, more power to ya.

HOWEVER, it does annoy me greatly when the hacks and cheats that person made start getting into my games. And most of these cheats have infiltrated everone's games. So-and-so managed to (dupe weapons/cast spells in lobby/kill players). What does So-and-so do? Tells every Joe and Jane about it so they can be a little famous. Then those Joes and Janes tell everyone they see. No one of those involved sees this as something wrong because they say "Well I wasn't the one who brought the Spread Needle to YOUR game." But, indirectly, they did. If So-and-so had kept it to himself or to his circle of friends, it wouldn't be a problem. But, so they can be referred to as "SuP4H 1337", they spread the cheats until it gets to someone who wants to use them in a malicious manner. The problem is not at the leaf, it's at the root.

Again, if the person who found the cheat had kept it to himself or in between his circle of friends, I wouldn't mind. It's when it makes it into my games that it ticks me off. I always play without cheats, hacks or dupes, and I expect anyone coming into my games to do so too.

Gandalf
Apr 16, 2001, 11:30 PM
Your "Curious" about cheating a game? Why not be curious about how the temples of egypt were built? Do something useful with your "opinions" instead of harmful!

"Kill or be killed!"

Gradius
Apr 16, 2001, 11:48 PM
I agree with both Cronical and Glider. It does suck that nothing new can be found since cheaters already had everything exposed. But I do find it interesting when they use it to be creative. Like people making Hell in a Cell matches for WWF No Mercy with gamesharks. Sure they dont look and work the best. And people making new hacked weapons in pso. At least they are doing something creative with their time...

Contra
Apr 16, 2001, 11:59 PM
My game is "messed up" every time I see two spread needles and a heaven punisher in the same game, all wielded by characters hovering around level 45.

In addition, stealing is supposed to be an important part of the game, like it or not. By the same token, so is trading - but you can see how that turned out.

Honestly, I wouldn't have any problem with someone walking around with a gold S-beats blade without the rampant duping. I think you're wrong with your percents though. Most GS users just want the Ph4T L3wT.

Cronical
Apr 17, 2001, 10:05 PM
Anyone who cause any harm to this game isn't what I am, they are lamers who have no life. I however, hack video games. I'm glad to see someone understands how the "Gameshark" can widely expand game possibilities. SO, remember, a video game hacker is good by nature, but there are those who follow us, and they use what we leave behind against other people. Peace out!