PDA

View Full Version : Quest: Ever won something from looking under the cap?

Reenee
Feb 22, 2004, 04:43 PM
About a year ago, I bought some Powerade at my school, and under the cap, I had won something...I think it was a stop watch, but the contest had long ended. For some reason, my "friend" thought it would be better to just throw the cap away. Hello? They could've had some?

Today: Pepsi 20 oz. bottle gives me $20 off a Gateway Digital Camera.

muff
Feb 22, 2004, 04:47 PM
I once got a can of Dr. Pepper and won another one. When I got the can that I won, it happened again, and again, and then I got 50 pence off something, oh and after all that I was bloated.

Firocket1690
Feb 22, 2004, 05:01 PM
o_O

Once at school, Welches had this promotino thingy.
They had T-Shirts compressed to be chaped like cans and had $1 inside.

I bought a can of *forgot which kin* juice and got a shirt and a dollar. Second time yelded another shirt and another dollar.
After that, it finally gave me my damn juice.

P.S. Soda only costs 75 cents/can

Bradicus
Feb 22, 2004, 05:23 PM
On 2004-02-22 14:01, Firocket1690 wrote:

Soda only costs 75 cents/can

Where the hell do you live?
bottles are 1.75 and cans are 1.25 where i'm from >_<

Link00seven
Feb 22, 2004, 05:28 PM
I won a free download from the iTunes music store lol.

Outrider
Feb 22, 2004, 07:04 PM
Dylan always seems to win a free 20 oz. Coke or Sprite. The punk.

Ketchup345
Feb 22, 2004, 08:50 PM
I once won a free 20 oz http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/coke.gif, then on that I won another 20 oz http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/coke.gif. I may have won another http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/coke.gif from that one, but that winning streak didn't last too long, maybe only a week.

KaFKa
Feb 22, 2004, 09:20 PM
i once got a cap that said "you just won a million dollars!" and i was like http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif then i looked at the expiration date and it was three years ago...

dylcool
Feb 22, 2004, 10:51 PM
My friend won a Surge CD from the notorius discontinued Surge Soda. In case you never tried it, it was basically caffeine, compressed into some liquid and carbonated. Oh, and add lots of sugar. I don't even remember the taste, I just remember that it got you really hyper.
As I remember, the CD was just a bunch of bad techno or something.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Feb 23, 2004, 02:22 PM
I've won some soda as well by looking under the caps of 20 oz. bottles.
It's not that hard since most say the odds are like "1 in 5 Wins a Free (insert soda name in here) product".

Two in a row might make you feel like you got pretty good luck though I admit.

Also sometimes I have won "$15 off a $50 Purchase at (Footlocker/Footaction/etc)".

Oh and the ones with alphanumerical codes on them suck!
Who has the free time to type them into an online website only to learn that you've won nothing at all or like a few cents in online money.

Sharkyland
Feb 23, 2004, 03:02 PM
I've won something, but I'm either too lazy to exchange it or it gets lost (it's mostly this one).

Reality_Check
Feb 23, 2004, 04:05 PM
On 2004-02-22 19:51, dylcool wrote:
My friend won a Surge CD from the notorius discontinued Surge Soda. In case you never tried it, it was basically caffeine, compressed into some liquid and carbonated. Oh, and add lots of sugar. I don't even remember the taste, I just remember that it got you really hyper.

This Surge Soda sounds a lot like Jolt Cola we have down here. It'll get you through an all nighter, or two...
All I've ever won from pop was some free pop and a candy bar. I know it sounds wierd, but yes, a candy bar from cola...

Link00seven
Feb 23, 2004, 04:16 PM
eww I remember when Surge was new.

I hated that crap...(I was only like 9 or 10 at the time though)

Outrider
Feb 23, 2004, 04:24 PM
On 2004-02-23 13:05, Reality_Check wrote:

On 2004-02-22 19:51, dylcool wrote:

This Surge Soda sounds a lot like Jolt Cola we have down here. It'll get you through an all nighter, or two...
All I've ever won from pop was some free pop and a candy bar. I know it sounds wierd, but yes, a candy bar from cola...

I'm fairly sure Surge was essentially a non-cola version of Jolt Cola.

OutlawofRagol
Feb 23, 2004, 05:43 PM
I won a shirt from Chips Ahoy once does that count?

eXo
Feb 24, 2004, 04:46 PM
A FREE 20 OZ SODA THATS ABOUT IT http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Kent
Feb 24, 2004, 06:16 PM
Countless times I have won free a 20 oz. Mello Yello, not that I'm complaining.