PDA

View Full Version : Need some info on memorable characters

Digi-Dolphin
Feb 22, 2004, 05:48 PM
To be honest, this is a poll to see which character was the fan favorite in my crossover fic, Phantasy Crossing. If you haven't read it, please do, it's probably lurking somewhere here and you can PM any reviews or critiques(constructive please) to me. See, I'm worried that one of the characters is suffering from what I call the Zero Effect. If you've played the MegaMan X series, you know what I'm talking about. The Zero Effect can be useful to a story, but if played off the wrong character, it can destroy a well-written fic. Maybe.
Oi, so, I'm just collecting info to be sure that the Zero Effect isn't going to wreck Phantasy Crossing Episode II. Thanks for the help! ^-^;;

mr_rubbish
Feb 22, 2004, 05:54 PM
I think Val's child-like innocence was quite refreshing until those 'evil' hunters corrupted him into a rare-loving killing machine! ^_^

BTW since i don't have any of the megaman series... What the heck is the zero effect?

Phantasy Crossing is located HERE (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=65510&forum=12&42).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mr_rubbish on 2004-02-22 14:58 ]</font>

Sunblast
Feb 22, 2004, 06:01 PM
I loved Elliot. He hurt his shootin' hand. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Digi-Dolphin
Feb 22, 2004, 06:15 PM
The Zero Effect is when you have a character show up in a storyline for a temporary role and then get rid of them for the remainder of it, whether by death or some other 'final' means, and discover that because of it, the temp has overshadowed the main character. Zero from the X series was supposed to be a one time character. That's why he was killed in the first game. But people loved him so much because of the 'tragic end' that he was brought back and is now considered by many fans to be more popular than MegaMan himself.

That's why I want to see if the Zero Effect is played to my advantage here. If it holds out on the character that's supposed to be the spotlight character, then it's all good. If not, well, Phantasy Crossing II might be screwed before it starts.

For those hoping for it's sequel, due to technical difficulties with my server I may begin posting Ep. II here as well. Expect the prologue sometime this week if the problems continue.

Hikosaka
Feb 23, 2004, 08:44 PM
Phantasy Crossing is in the fic archives now, for anyone who wants to check it out.

Sunblast
Feb 24, 2004, 05:46 AM
It made it to the archives? Alright! How cool is that, Digi-Dolphin?

Digi-Dolphin
Feb 24, 2004, 03:41 PM
OMG! Really?! Thank you all soo much! I'm truly honored and flattered by that! I hadn't thought it would make it in there; that's why I put up the pdf version on my website at shemida.com. This is amazing! Phantasy Crossing Ep. II is well on its way in the works and I hope the new surprises and plot twists in it will make it as big a hit as the first one.

The management issues are still there so expect the first installment of Ep. II either later today or by afternoon on Wednesday.

Once again, thank you everyone and please continue the votes! The more information I can get on the team from Ep. I, the better I can work on Ep. II!

Sunblast
Feb 24, 2004, 08:21 PM
I am very glad to hear that, Digi-Dolphin! I can't wait to see the whole gang again!

Digi-Dolphin
Feb 27, 2004, 06:37 PM
This is a bit of a bump. 5 votes doesn't give me much information to work with but at least most of them are for Val. That's a good sign.

Ep. II is going along slow and easy to be sure it's done right, but I could use a lot more help with keeping it straight. Could anyone spare a few more votes?