PDA

View Full Version : Your (Greatest/Worst) PSO Moment!

Dracula_X
Apr 16, 2001, 08:59 PM
I wanna know what everyones greatest PSO Moment is. Whether its finding a ultra-rare, or getting BSOD and losing your best stuff, I really wanna hear what made your gaming experience (great/pure ass).

VulpesMundi
Apr 16, 2001, 09:36 PM
My greatest moment was when I found my first Spread Needle. It has 50% Native. I was, and still am, ecstatic. I wrote a short story on it and posted it. It should still be on the general board somewhere. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

My worst moment was when I accidentally sold my best Varista to the shop. It had some awesome %s. I haven't replaced it, per se, but I've found loads of Varistas with stats added together that more than cover it. Kind of a pain to have many of them to replace the one, though. *shrugs* Oh well. I consider myself fortunate never having faced the heartache of BSoD or FSoD. My condolences to anyone who's lost items and/or characters to these evils.

-Korosu-
Apr 16, 2001, 09:54 PM
My worst moment on PSO was when I wasn't able to play it for the whole month of March due to my crappy phone lines. Time to get BBA!!

Folken
Apr 16, 2001, 10:50 PM
That's pretty hard I've had plenty of battles and bad times in PSO. But I think one of the best times I've ever had was my first time fighting De Rol Le. He was a hard bastard. It was me(Humar), another Humar, Force, and a Ranger. It was all our first time fighting him and we were all under level 20. We got creamed by him the first time, fought him again, got creamed again. Then we said to hell with it! Stocked up with 10 moon atomizers per person mapped to a button for quick healing, and after what seemed to be around 30 mins we beat him. Woo what a battle. Worst moment had to be my first BSOD incident. This was back in the day when nobody knew what to do about it. I tried to wait it out but got tired of waiting and then I hit power and when I went back in the game my treasure trove of weapons was gone. Including my beloved double saber that I FOUND, and was, at the time the most sought after item. I can remember everyone coming into the lobby asking, "anyone got a doub saber for trade?" It was a sad sad day for me.... There are more and they will be added to this thread. I must share with you my moments of anguish and moments of agony...

-ken

Spy
Apr 16, 2001, 10:58 PM
Finding my spread needle and cell of mag 502 was really a great moment, but also up there is when I met all my current friends.

The worst moment was when the servers were all screwed up for a couple days. That was hell.

Elessar
Apr 17, 2001, 12:03 AM
Coolest moment had to be when i met up with my first 'pso-buddies'. We all still play on a regular basis. worst had to be when we all decided to take duped stuff. after a couple days of using heavins punisher i decided to start clean. so we all restarted. Now we only use what we find or know to be legit. second best moment had to be when i found my first double saber offline. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

MechDan
Apr 17, 2001, 04:16 AM
My favorite moment was when I found my Suppressed Gun. This was shortly after I found this web site, and I was browsing around the rare items sections. Nothing caught my eye, except for the Suppressed Gun. That was the one and only item which made my eyes bug out and think, "I want one of those!"

My least favorite moment was when after being frustrated trying to connect many times, I got my items reset by a corrupted file bug. All in all, I was pretty lucky--this was a new character I just made and had only transfered a small number of items to him. I lost little more than a Soul Calibur, a DRAGON SLAYER, and a DOUBLE SABRE.

It took me a heck of a lot longer than I thought it would to replace that Soul Calibur...

Danger_Girl
Apr 17, 2001, 04:23 AM
No doubt my coolest moment was the first time I got online. I stood in a very crowded lobby and just marveled at the poping chat bubbles, the clever symbol chats, and just the whole feel of everything. I was utterly overwhelmed, and I am a online gameing veteran. I knew right away I was going to have fun with this onehttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif.

My worst moment was....well...nevermind I'll just forget about that onehttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif.

TylerFrost
Apr 17, 2001, 05:42 AM
My best moments are everytime someone casts reversa on me and don't steal my stuff..

My Worst - When last night (by accident & in plain stupidity) I sold my spare lvl.169 mag to the weapons dealer cause it was among stuff I didnt need...

--Tyler (Dumb-Ass) Frost--

Mazarin
Apr 17, 2001, 06:40 AM
Prepared for a very long winded post?

My favorite time on PSO so far has been one of the times I was robbed. Before you call the men in the white coats, you may find this ammusing. This guy named WALLACE had a weapon I was looking for. I was robbed before durring a trade, so I don't trade w/o getting the guild card first. So we made a room and he ended up droping a cheap item, yanked my Dragon Slayer and Flowens Sword(OH NO! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif) and dissconnected. Well, thru the wonders of the Guild Card he so kindly gave me, I found that not 2 minutes later, he was back on. So I entered the room he was in, and he was 'trading' again! He ended up trying to talk to me like he knew me. I asked for my stuff back, and he said I gave it to him. Menwhile, the innocent that was going to trade with him was all freaked out w/ this ordeal happening in front of him. He asked if he stole the items, and I said yes. The theif then said in his defence, "Well, he stole my VISK and money!" HUcast's CAN'T EQUIP RIFLES AND NEITHER HAN FORCES! And money is easy to find w/o theving. The other guy just started laughing. Well, the theif left and I ended up asking him politely to have my items back thru Mails. He didn't answer any of them. So I told him to watch out. I don't think he had a peacefull time on PSO for that whole month. I just bugged the hell out of him. Interruped his games, botched his trades, and put him on every cheater board I knew of. Don't leave me your Guild Card then rob me. Then one day I get a mail from him to meet. So I met w/ him, and he gave me back my items, plus some. I have yet to see him on PSO since that day. It feels so good to bug the hell out of a theif so much that he left...

My worst moment came from an incident where I was kinda, aw, I still dunno what happened... I had a MAG Cell 502. At the time, I was looking for an Egg Blaster. This FORCE said he knew a guy, and called him over. We traded Guild Cards and made a room. Well, we must have got our lines crossed because he dropped a 502, and asked for an Egg Blaster. I told him, and we laughed about it. He picked up his 502 and we went onto talking. About theivs and how they suck, how both of us were had by our share of theivs. And about how we both back up our files when we get a new weapon or lvl up. So we were about to trade the other way when this lvl 3 kid with 'a ton of mag cells' comes in, bugging us. We leave for the Principal and I drop my 502. This kid keeps bugging us about his mags, so the guy I'm trading with leaves. I grab my 502 and follow. He tells me that kid pissed him off, so he'll trade later. Fine by me.

Fifteen minutes later he mails me about how I stole his Mag cell. I had no clue what he was talking about. He tells me I stole it, and he's pissed. I go thru what we did with each other and he still accusses me of taking it. Cmon, who's dumb enuf to trade Guild Cards, *then* steal? (WALLACE, a black HUcast) So he keeps bugging me about it. How he's gonna get his 'boyz' on me for stealing his stuff. Whatever. I asked him, "Since you back up your files, you should be fine." He continues to threaten me. Fine. I play PSO to have fun. Not to steal or be stalked. So I tell him I'll give him a 502. I back my stuff up. No loss to me. so we meet in a passworded room with him and one other person it looked like he knew. So I drop the cell and he tells me he's going to the bank. "What the hell! This is a fake!" He said he couldn't put it in his bank. He hands (something, it might have been the cell) to the other guy who was there and he said he couldn't deposit it either. They start telling me I'm screwing them and continue to threaten me with his 'boyz.' Whatever. That cell is the same kind of cell I evolved my Soniti with. So I laugh and say, "Ok, since it's a 'fake' give it back." Not a word from either of them. They start talking back and fourth as if I'm not there. I say again, "Hey, if it's a fake, you can't put it in your bank, and you can't use it, why don't you give it back?" I continue to get ignored. Ok. I bode them goodday and left. And to let you know, the main guy was IRONMAN, a red HUcast. But I'm sure us legit players outnumber his 'boyz' anyday.

[addsig]"http://www15.brinkster.com/molotov/mit.jpg">

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Mazarin on 2001-04-17 04:46 ]</font>

Dracula_X
Apr 17, 2001, 06:53 PM
Man those are some really good highs and some really bad lows http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

I think my best PSO moment was after sifting through tons of specials I found in the Ruins, I found a Crush Bullet(woo-hoo). Then I went to ID the next item, Meteor Smash(double woo-hoo). Low and behold that wasn't it! Last item I ID happened to be a Double Saber(SWEET).

Worst Moment - When I lost all those items to a BSOD(DAMN U!)

AxemPunanny
Apr 17, 2001, 08:08 PM
Best moment ever for me (put simply)...
Meeting Danger Girl. woohoo!! as my char would say.
and...
Akumi voluntarily showing her bum to me... woohoo!! from my char again.

On a serious note: hehe
There aren't any moments that really stick out in my mind right now; I guess there are so many. But I would have to agree with DG, the first time I went online. SAAA-WEEET! I remember the first time I went online with Quake 3 Arena (on DC), I was expecting some lag, but was I blown away to find out it ran as smooth as offline. PSO is even sweeter. It's more than I imagined. I've experienced very little problems, compared to some people. Thank goodness I haven't experienced anything major... well... 'cept a couple moments...

Early on, when PSO first came out, I played online with some people I just met. Sometime during the cave 1 (in the large room) the screen froze. I couldn't reset, move or anything. I didn't know what to do. I did probably one of the worse possible things.. I powered down. I went offline right after to find that everything but what I had equipped were gone. I went back online to the same game to see if anyone knew anything, but to no avail. Stuff like this, including the cheating/stealing/PKing strayed me away from online early on. Luckily the next time I played, a few days later, I found all the items that were in my bank were there. All I really lost were the -mates/-fluids/etc I was carrying (not much). I wasn't sure if this was BSOD, cause I didn't see any black screen.

And another bad moment was when I got PK'ed like 20 times in one game; even while I was shopping, and right after I was revived from the hospital. Luckily the guy was "just having fun"; and I lost nothing, but my patience. Plus, that person doesn't seem to be an enemy; we have each other's card.

I'm sure I'll have even more moments (hopefully all good) in the future; especially with all the people I've met. I still have that century mark to reach for. As far as I'm concerned though, and Kanyon knows this, XPunanny is in the century club. heh (inside joke).

Deathkiller
Apr 17, 2001, 08:41 PM
Worst moment: Losing my heaven punnisher+15 that i'd grinded form scratch and was my last one that got grabbed by this happy-go-lucky ranger who was WAY too happy about getting my gun after somehow getting me killed and THEN before i could do a THING my game FROZE (not BSOD) i mean FROZE! so i had to restart http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif oh well

Best moment was meeting up with my great freind Kev! Who is a force and said "oh ive got lotsa gun suffs u want i dont need!"

Ugh ok!

*drops 3 heave punnishers 4 C bringers 2 inferno bazookas 7 flame visits and 18 justys on the floor*

"that enough?"

@_@

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_cool.gif That'll do! What do you want for it!

Nothing atall! I dont even know what this crap is!

WELL TANKYOU SO MUCH!

Here have this stupid mag cell too its crappy!

All it did was level up 30 X!

See toldya it was crappy!

Oh well 30 levels aint so bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

(now have level 200 mag btw which is 195% dedicated to ATP and works best at 0% Synchro for some reason)

OH KAY THATS IT!

Now every pso moment is the best moment HEHE!

SaitoH
Apr 17, 2001, 09:08 PM
My favorite moment is easy. Meeting and playing with people from this message board. It sounds corney I know but if it wasn't for this message board, I probably would have stopped playing PSO by now. (Hmm on second thought maybe thats not a good thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif )

My worst moment was when my Frying pan got stolen. It devastated me at the time (I still don't know why). I have had things stolen before but that really hurt. It's also the reason why I have that line above my sig file.

Dracula_X
Apr 17, 2001, 09:16 PM
Well, looks like I get to add another worst moment to my list. Seems a little while ago, I was leveling in the caves and guess what happened...........my damn DC reset itself! Whuddup wit dat! Anyone else had this kinda problem or any knowledge on how it happened?

GhoStar
Apr 17, 2001, 09:37 PM
On 2001-04-17 19:16, Dracula_X wrote:
Well, looks like I get to add another worst moment to my list. Seems a little while ago, I was leveling in the caves and guess what happened...........my damn DC reset itself! Whuddup wit dat! Anyone else had this kinda problem or any knowledge on how it happened?[addsig]

Had it happen with my DC a few times - mainly with PSO. It also happened with Shenmue and Sonic Advanture 2 demo a few times. I eventually had to take my DC in for repairs to get the problem sorted.

Rubius-sama
Apr 17, 2001, 10:26 PM
Well..., my greatest was when i bacame the greatest HUmar in PSO..., and the fact that i actually found TWO Delsabre right arms in the same room dropped by 2 Delsabres i killed at the same time!!!.....hard to believe?...well, its true.......^__^~~(this was in normal mode too)...

My worst was when i delete my first character(same char/name) by accident....it happen like...when u load up your save it asks you to select "OK" or "DELETE" and i went to delete...then it ask me if i am sure...then out of a shocking reaction, i quickly press "up" then "A"....and *poof*...went down the drain...*sob*....http://tomeeboy.com/pso/images/phpbb/subject/icon15.gif..(stupid reason, huh..?)