PDA

View Full Version : Tollaw results anyone?

Butoden
Feb 23, 2004, 12:17 PM
I want to hunt a Red Handgun from a Tollaw with my Greennill, now these are the quests and the number of Tollaws next to them.

Journalistic Pursuit(JP) - 9 Tollaws
Native Research(NR) - 7 Tollaws
Gran Squall(GS) - 12 Tollaws
Forest of Sorrow - 6 Tollaws

I think Gran Squall is kind of a long quest to do (time-consuming), and JP is the shortest if I remember. So would it be best to do JP runs rather than GS runs? I know NR would take forever so I'm choosing between JP and GS...

Reality_Check
Feb 23, 2004, 12:33 PM
Well look at it this way...

Do JS si you don't have all the time in the world, and do GS is you have a bit more free time on your hands.

But over all, yes JS is a shorter quest. I'd say probably 3/4 of the time you'd spenddoing Gran Squall. So lets look at the long run.

Roughly, I'd say for every three times you can do Gran Squall, you can do JS four. So lets look how it stacks up.

Gran Squall - 3 Runs - 36 Tollaws
JS - 4 Runs - 36 Tollaws

Roughly around the same amount of time for the same ammount of results.

PaleKid15
Feb 23, 2004, 01:23 PM
ummm... you have 827 posts and you don't know to do Soul of a Blacksmith? (20+ tollaws)

Butoden
Feb 23, 2004, 01:48 PM
On 2004-02-23 10:23, PaleKid15 wrote:
ummm... you have 827 posts and you don't know to do Soul of a Blacksmith? (20+ tollaws)

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Can't reach that quest yet, I'm 'stuck' at Tier 1.

PaleKid15
Feb 23, 2004, 01:49 PM
On 2004-02-23 10:48, Butoden wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Can't reach that quest yet, I'm 'stuck' at Tier 1.

then you currently have NO hope of tollaw drop and should focus on something else.

Zelgadis
Feb 23, 2004, 02:09 PM
Tollaws suck. I've only had one drop a red box for me....and it turned out to be a PD. So.....Tollaws don't give up enough red boxes to both with.

Butoden
Feb 23, 2004, 02:16 PM
On 2004-02-23 10:49, PaleKid15 wrote:

On 2004-02-23 10:48, Butoden wrote:

then you currently have NO hope of tollaw drop and should focus on something else.

I guess you're right... On towards Soul of a Blacksmith it is!

lain2k3
Feb 23, 2004, 03:10 PM
yeah, just finish all those quests and open SoaB

All tollaws have given me is sacred guard in skyly... >< dammit!

DezoPenguin
Feb 23, 2004, 03:25 PM
On 2004-02-23 12:10, lain2k3 wrote:

*shakes fist at Tollaws*

Actually...can't you get Soul open without doing any of the quests mentioned? I thought it was just a matter of doing the initial three quests, getting the Caves open, then doing Lost Bride/Secret Delivery/Graves Butler/Addicting Food?

Which reminds me...something I never bothered to find out; if you get all the way through SoaB, receive the rare from Ozwald at the end, but don't actually "complete" the quest and receive your cash at the Guild, can you redo the quest and get a second rare?

lain2k3
Feb 23, 2004, 03:29 PM
On 2004-02-23 12:25, DezoPenguin wrote:

On 2004-02-23 12:10, lain2k3 wrote:

*shakes fist at Tollaws*

Actually...can't you get Soul open without doing any of the quests mentioned? I thought it was just a matter of doing the initial three quests, getting the Caves open, then doing Lost Bride/Secret Delivery/Graves Butler/Addicting Food?

Which reminds me...something I never bothered to find out; if you get all the way through SoaB, receive the rare from Ozwald at the end, but don't actually "complete" the quest and receive your cash at the Guild, can you redo the quest and get a second rare?

yeah, you're right about opening SoaB, but for getting multiple rares, no, you can only have 1 per character.

mafuwally
Feb 23, 2004, 03:32 PM
I never get any drops in forest for some reason....

lain2k3
Feb 23, 2004, 03:33 PM
On 2004-02-23 12:32, mafuwally wrote:
I never get any drops in forest for some reason....

this really doesnt have anything to do with the topic, and you couldnt have played there enough to expect anything, seeing your level.

Butoden
Feb 23, 2004, 04:05 PM
I didn't want to complete any 'initial quest' to reach SoaB yet. Because I think Addicting Food is also a very 'handy quest' to play...

navci
Feb 23, 2004, 04:12 PM
Are you online? Play Heat Sword.
This is so weird. Everyone say Tollaws are stingy dropper, I have had three dropping for me.

Twice when I was hunting Hildetorr and doing normal HS runs, dropped me Red Saber, one even has 20% hit. Once I was ACTUALLY hunting for a Twin Chakram, and it dropped! (miraclously!)

Thing is, all these time I am hunting for Hildelts and Hildetorr, none dropped, but the Tollaws did. I can't say I hate them more than the Hildes. Though, do you have a redria? Go hunt red handgun there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jarek
Feb 23, 2004, 04:13 PM
i've managed to find two red sabers from tollows; both were from FoS quests, cause i weren't actually looking for them. of course...

Bender202
Feb 23, 2004, 04:24 PM
i had tollaw drop a luminous field during SoBS with my pinkal fonewman. I was just going through forest-dragon to level quickly (started at lvl 84 an tollaw dropped at 99) so i could use my spare wave guard and the tollaw dropped it. I dont know how many runs that is but i am sure u could figure it out. I think there is 45000 exp running thru forest and defeating the sil dragon in the SoBS quest. O and there really arent any good drops in caves for a greenil so the only reason to keep addicting food open is to run thru the caves 1 for exp, but i think u could get that faster thru SoBS. But it is up to u.

Polar
Feb 23, 2004, 04:30 PM
I'm thoroughly SICK of SoaB now, I've played it for weeks and not got a Red handgun. Compared with my two Seek my Master runs to get a spread... it sucks. Ah well, good luck ^_^

Hrith
Feb 23, 2004, 04:44 PM
Tollaws are not stingy, they are just rare and have usually good drops, I got two Red Handguns, two Sacred Guards and a Handgun:Milla from them, it's ok

kingmurp
Feb 23, 2004, 04:51 PM
Tollaws suck for me they make me cry. I suggest SoaB for tollaws. Also when you beat all the quests you can always replay them.

Genoa
Feb 23, 2004, 06:56 PM
Tollaw's my buddy, he gave me real Agito... with 20%hit too. *snuggle*, so... scaley... yet lovable! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhatDiddy
Feb 23, 2004, 08:01 PM
On 2004-02-23 15:56, MegamanX wrote:
Tollaw's my buddy, he gave me real Agito... with 20%hit too. *snuggle*, so... scaley... yet lovable! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Well he's definetly not mine. I got plenty of SoaB runs under my belt and still not a single Agito 1975. I know I'm probably never gonna find it but I'm still lookin. In my opinion, it's not worth hunting for rares dropped by a Tollaw, just hope you get a rare in any average run, don't spend hours hunting them specifically.

Genoa
Feb 23, 2004, 10:45 PM
... you don't get it if you look for it.. (geeze) Who gets what they want when they're looking for it. *some odd person in the back of the room raises their hand.... and gets shot* Anybody Else?!.... oh, sry. J/K.... or am I?........
I didn't look for that Agito... I was just doing a normal Forest run to get some fast EZ EXP... and to play with my Holy Ray (it was pretty new then). But at the time I had killed Tollaw with my Repeaters. Maybe... if I pretend NOT to look for Heaven Punisher, Hildetors will fall from the sky and give me what I want! wOOt! I SO want HP...

Reality_Check
Feb 25, 2004, 12:25 PM
Ummmm, you DO have a Redria character, don't you? Well, why not just get him to Ult, and get it from Pal Rappies. It took me three to get mine. And I only had to pipe for one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

It'd be your best bet, trust me.

navci
Feb 25, 2004, 01:46 PM
The time I got Tollaw to drop Twin Chakram was actually the time I was LOOKING for it. Was like second room with Heat Sword where Tollaw shows up, and BAM! There it is.

It was the last time I find anything I wanted. Hehe.