PDA

View Full Version : character file transfering ?

Spectre-Fox
Feb 23, 2004, 05:50 PM
can i transfer a character file from one card to a new one and keep it on my old one like doing a copy ?
can i possibly copy and transfer all my files except for like the net one ?

Rich_T
Feb 23, 2004, 06:00 PM
Not with a standard memory card, you need a USB one, and even then you cant take your copy online, why do you want to do this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2004-02-23 15:01 ]</font>

Spectre-Fox
Feb 23, 2004, 07:38 PM
my g/f plays this game with me and my friend so she was talkin to me about getting a gc & pso she wanted her characters but i told her the net file can't be moved but anyway there is no way to move seperate characters is there from memory cards instead of all of em ?

VioletSkye
Feb 23, 2004, 08:00 PM
Actually you can take the copied chars (from the USB card) online, but you need to pass items to another char before you do it, because it will wipe out everything but the chars level. After thats been done, you can transfer the items back and play online with no problems. However, there still isn't anyway to successfully transfer a PSO char from one card to another and make it work. (You can do the transfer to anotehr card, but it will come up as corrupt if you try to play with it.) The current Card saving programs will not format the card to match the id of the original card the saves came from. Hope that makes sense and if it doesn't, it doesn't really matter lol. The point is, you won't be able to transfer the char.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-23 17:01 ]</font>

Spectre-Fox
Feb 24, 2004, 12:25 PM
shit ! that sucks s'cuse my mouth thx anyway