PDA

View Full Version : GC: Stats above max

Polar
Feb 24, 2004, 05:59 PM
I've always thought, having read it somewhere, that MAGS and Units cannot raise stats over their max, but weapons and armour can.
However.
I have maxed Luck (100) but the luck-adding pistol (not sure which) does not increase this. Neither does God Hand. i also suspect that, since the MST boost of FO weapons adds to Base stats, that these will not increase past max either. Please tell me ATP, ATA, DFP and EVP can be boosted past max by weapons and armors?
Also, there used to be a bug where the MST boost of a weapon could allow you to equip another weapon whose MST requirement your character didn't have. I thought this had been taken out, but http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ above implies it hasn't :-/ wands DO let you use better disks etc...

Ketchup345
Feb 24, 2004, 06:21 PM
The Weapons and Armor raise stats outside the (xxx)s, which is allowed to go above Max.

ATP can be raised by Weapons, and D-Parts.
ATA can be Raised by Weapons, and S-Parts.
MST doesn't have anything that raises it outside of the (xxx)s.
DFP and EVP are raised by Frames and Barriers.

That MST weapon trick is still in the game.

Hrith
Feb 24, 2004, 06:30 PM
to complete Ketchup's info :
some weapons raise DFP and/or EVP

and to add to the list :
Red Ring raises them all, outside (xxx) exept luck and MST
Hunter wall raises ATP outside (xxx)
Ranger Wall raises ATA outside (xxx)
Force Wall raises MST inside (xxx)
Green Ring raises ATA outside (xxx)
Blue Ring raises MST inside (xxx)
Kasami Bracer raises ATP outside (xxx)
Combat Gear raises ATP outside (xxx)

those are not all, but you get the idea

Soukosa
Feb 24, 2004, 07:16 PM
Units and mags won't raise about the max for any stat. Weapons, armors, and shields will, with the exception of MST and LCK stats.

Polar
Feb 25, 2004, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the info. Got to get me some of those armours http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Firocket1690
Feb 25, 2004, 05:54 AM
The said trick for MST worked something like:

Let's say you have a Club of Laconium.
It's required MST is 480.
But, it gives +20 MST to your base MST.
You also have a hilde cane with a 500 MST req.
So, if you equip the Laconium, (your base will be 500)
then you can awitch to the hilde cane.

Meh, just examples, not sure about the exact requirements.
havn't played PSO for almost a month

FlyinBrian
Feb 26, 2004, 08:54 PM
If my Fonewearl's max dfp is 350 say, and my mats, mag, and level have reached that 350, will a ***/body in my armor raise the def OUTSIDE of it's max? Or is this only applicable with appropriate Armors and weaps, excluding slots?

VioletSkye
Feb 26, 2004, 09:00 PM
On 2004-02-26 17:54, FlyinBrian wrote:
If my Fonewearl's max dfp is 350 say, and my mats, mag, and level have reached that 350, will a ***/body in my armor raise the def OUTSIDE of it's max? Or is this only applicable with appropriate Armors and weaps, excluding slots?

Uhhhh your question was already answered so I'm not sure why you posted this. I'm thinking you should read through the post first before starting to type lol. The answer is no. Units and Mags do NOT raise base stats beyond their max.

Did you somehow miss Sou's answer:

On 2004-02-24 16:16, Sounomi wrote:
Units and mags won't raise about the max for any stat. Weapons, armors, and shields will, with the exception of MST and LCK stats.

Hey I realized you're new, so I apologize, welcome to PSOW. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2004-02-26 18:04 ]</font>

neo9376
Feb 26, 2004, 09:01 PM
the sigh of a god alost gives you an mst boost. I used to have to carry it around if i wanted to show someone my dark weapon