PDA

View Full Version : Visible Shields

Shir
Apr 17, 2001, 02:51 AM
I noticed something in a few pictures but couldn't tell. But in the last movie on that night in the news, it has a bunch of shots of people showing off new weapons. In just about all of them you can see a shield on the person. The force sort of has a 'heart field', the hunter has a disk, the ranger has a big metal sheet.
Personally I think it's great if you actually get to see shields not (and hopefully they don't all look the same based on class). Adds a bit more of a differance between characters, as well as getting to 'show off' your shield as well as your weapon. Personally I wouldn't mind 'armor' showing up on the character, too.

jazzyfox
Apr 17, 2001, 03:20 AM
Those shields are pretty cool. I remember when I first picked up a barrier, thinking 'wow, I wonder what this will look like'. But alas, nothing. I like they way they get around the problem of having shield + two-handed weapon, by making it sort of float there.

Omege12
Apr 17, 2001, 07:20 AM
Shields are already visible. When you block, you can see the shield. You see, they are invisible, action response, photon shields. Ah, you won't understand...humans....

Gandalf
Apr 17, 2001, 10:00 AM
Shields are invisible. A perfect example of this is a delsaber. Watch it and ull see a red ball glow on its left arm (aka del sabers shield) That is the shield working.

"Kill or be killed!"

Lmnopia
Apr 17, 2001, 10:14 AM
whats the point of a sheild fight nude!

Draekkan
Apr 17, 2001, 12:23 PM
More so, different shields will emit different colors. a low level "Shield" will emit a green field, while a stronger one will have a different color. Also, some special shields have special effects. For example, my Sacred Guard, instead of showing that field , shows 2-3 concentric blue rings that expand from the hit (very similar to a Pofuilly Slime's reaction to a miss).

EDekar
Apr 17, 2001, 12:51 PM
I know what you speak of, Shir...way back when, I read a list of the new items planned to be in v.2. Though I discounted much of it, it seems that it was at least partially accurate...as some of the items it mentioned were 'antique' shields. In other words, shield you can see. It also said that they were heavy and cumbersome however...

It kind of makes me wonder if I should go back and find that list again, now... ::ponders::

Blackheart
Apr 17, 2001, 01:29 PM
I know what you guys are talking about, Hwne i block with my Celestial Shield, the effect is like a green photon wall, but with the Regenerate Gear, it is more of a swelling energy effect, but still i would like to see the shields while they are not directly in function

The_Saint
Apr 17, 2001, 01:56 PM
I want more variety period. Whether it be shields, hawaiian shirts, Boxers with monkees on 'em, or codpieces. Doesn't matter. Just a bit more variety.
boxers would be cool....
Beware my Drunk-In-Boxers Style!

jazzyfox
Apr 17, 2001, 02:11 PM
Whoa. That is so cool. I never noticed it before, since I never really started blocking everything until late in the game. Now I've got to go back and pick up all the shields, to see what they look like. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Core
Apr 17, 2001, 02:25 PM
that would be cool to see the shileds!

Lmnopia
Apr 17, 2001, 02:28 PM
i got winni-da-pooh boxers on WHOO HOO!

Core
Apr 17, 2001, 02:51 PM
I got loony toons on.....hahahahah i wonder if i can make them into a sheild...muhahahaha

Lmnopia
Apr 17, 2001, 03:18 PM
yeah we should be sega programers hahah * smoking weed saber and Four slot Pooh boxers....instead of trap vision x-ray vision ohhhh yeah*

SaitoH
Apr 17, 2001, 09:24 PM
Very strange what happens when Lawn Gnomes run amuk on a message board http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

I love the shields from the video's. They look awesome and best of all something else to differentiate your character from others.