PDA

View Full Version : if they made a new Phantasy Star that...

kazuma56
Feb 25, 2004, 09:29 AM
Was an offline multiplayer RPG like this game but it had a fairly deep story like the old PS series and used the same Hack n' Slash formula, would you buy it?

to add more, the game would have vehicles and such like the old PS series and there where still Rare's and such and secret areas to explore.

rena-ko
Feb 25, 2004, 09:35 AM
if i could import my ep1-2 chars, heck yeah!

kingmurp
Feb 25, 2004, 09:54 AM
I play .hack so why not.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 25, 2004, 10:18 AM
Must also be on a new console that can handle so much information. And their should be updates more frequently adding new levels, graphics, weapons, etc etc. Have more than four ppl per team and then yeah, I would buy it.

Stormsworder
Feb 25, 2004, 10:48 AM
YES! Especially if I can import my characters from I & II

BogusKun
Feb 25, 2004, 11:48 AM
I rather play online...

But if you can import symbol chats now that would be awesome..

.I think.

Hrith
Feb 25, 2004, 11:52 AM
On 2004-02-25 06:35, rena-ko wrote:
if i could import my ep1-2 chars, heck yeah!

Agreed, I could not lose 3000 hours =/

epeon
Feb 25, 2004, 12:01 PM
oh, hell yeah but the team must be of like at least eight people with two ngc's connected on too each other.

BogusKun
Feb 25, 2004, 12:37 PM
Hmm PSO plus should've had a BBA cross-over feature like Mario Kart... Bad move ST.

Zaneatron
Feb 25, 2004, 12:49 PM
id like to see some content that specifically online. and i dont mean quests. they are unique, but its mostly the same levels, but just a different way around it. i guess the towers count though, then again PSO+ has them. but....
what i'd like to see is at least 1 if not more entirely unique levels for online play. so there is more incentive to play online, and a bonus for doing so.
more rare weps and armour and all other things than you could shake a stick at. just big, big game. lots to do. it would be nice if some random variabls could be thrown in as well. so one time you play a level its evening, and another its dawn. just little things like that to make the experiance different each time.
gah, so much that probably wont happen, ill start shaking my stick....

Outrider
Feb 25, 2004, 01:54 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Phantasy Star Online 2: MMORPG

But on-topic, this offline game, would it be similar to Secret of Mana in terms of gameplay? Would it be an adventure game that easily allows for multiple characters, but still manages to retain a real storyline? Cause that could definitely be cool.

OutlawofRagol
Feb 25, 2004, 02:53 PM
Personally I think that if they do make another PSO game it should somehow incorporate a more Massively Multiplayer style. I've always wanted a PSO where Ragol would be completely open and there would be at least 1,000 people on each server at one time. I've always wanted a real massively multiplayer online PSO... same battle system, same everything, exceot the fact of Ragol being completely open to explore and the amount of people in each game... twould be awesome, expecially if some PvP would be incorperated... imagine wandering through the deep forests of Ragol and running unexpectantly into your mortal enemy and dueling right in the middle of a forest... that would be awesome... sigh... but I doubt it will ever happen.

epeon
Feb 25, 2004, 02:59 PM
On 2004-02-25 11:53, OutlawofRagol wrote:
Personally I think that if they do make another PSO game it should somehow incorporate a more Massively Multiplayer style. I've always wanted a PSO where Ragol would be completely open and there would be at least 1,000 people on each server at one time. I've always wanted a real massively multiplayer online PSO... same battle system, same everything, exceot the fact of Ragol being completely open to explore and the amount of people in each game... twould be awesome, expecially if some PvP would be incorperated... imagine wandering through the deep forests of Ragol and running unexpectantly into your mortal enemy and dueling right in the middle of a forest... that would be awesome... sigh... but I doubt it will ever happen.

excactly, ragol should be one big world, like final fantasy looking. and with one big server with all people from around the world. so that you get online rivalry, you know clan wars on ragol. kinda like arkz and hunters.

OutlawofRagol
Feb 25, 2004, 03:09 PM
Exactly, that would be extremely awesome. Seems like something ST would do when they finally decide to do PSO2. If Ragol was a large open map it would leave room for alot of gameplay improvements. Like vehicles, player-created structures, secret areas, and more... and the gameplay experience would be alot less predictable then it is right now, which would make for some pretty awesome PSO moments.

dylcool
Feb 25, 2004, 03:45 PM
I would get this, because I'm such a fan of PSO, but I think that they should revamp the fighting style a little for the next PS game. The hack and slash is alright, I just wish there was more mobility involved. Keep the weak, strong, special thing and the hotkeys, but include dodging and moving stealthily and stuff, sort of like Oni. That would be awesome.

Outrider
Feb 25, 2004, 05:17 PM
Dyl, as much as I love Oni... could you imagine the chaos that would ensue if multiple people were fighting in a small area?

I'm almost scared to think of it.

But they do need to revamp the fighting system.

And no clans. They're dumb.

kazuma56
Feb 25, 2004, 08:30 PM
Outrider- you got the idea, it would be secret of mana meets PS.

And yea, you could bring your chars from ep1&2 but you would lose all lvls and only keep your weps because starting a RPG at lvl 150+ is no fun.

As for the online thing, they could make it like SOA (Skies Of Arcadia) where sega would make new events/weps etc and you would have to download them into your game.

epeon
Feb 28, 2004, 01:41 PM
As for the online thing, they could make it like SOA (Skies Of Arcadia) where sega would make new events/weps etc and you would have to download them into your game.

[/quote]

yeah but ST is problably too lazy too put maps on the net that you could download.

Kiara
Feb 28, 2004, 08:34 PM
Ah yes, another mmorpg everyone wants, but will probably never happen because it would be so difficult to implement and create : /. Both sound awesome though.