PDA

View Full Version : How many people here use Bellsouth DSL?

J311Y_M4N
Feb 25, 2004, 11:10 PM
Hi, I'm trying to find someone else who uses Bellsouth as a method of connecting to PSO, and if there is, I was wondering if they could help ME get set up and connected.

Thanks.

Devin
Feb 26, 2004, 02:27 AM
I have bellsouth dsl, had to go through a computer and use internet connection sharing to get it to work. It's crazy though..this exact setup won't work going through my other computers, heh.

Also, I had to use a usb cable to go from the westell modem to the computer to make it work...anyway, good luck getting yours to work ^_^ I'm still unsure why it won't work going from the modem strait to the gamecube though =/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Devin on 2004-02-25 23:33 ]</font>

J311Y_M4N
Feb 26, 2004, 04:58 PM
Internet Connection Sharing?

How do you do that?

ShadowCaster
Mar 7, 2004, 09:34 PM
Well I just posted somewhere else and found this. So... I would like how you perform ICS. Do you have to do something in your computer?

VioletSkye
Mar 7, 2004, 10:00 PM
On 2004-03-07 18:34, ShadowCaster wrote:
Well I just posted somewhere else and found this. So... I would like how you perform ICS. Do you have to do something in your computer?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310816

ShadowCaster
Mar 7, 2004, 10:26 PM
Much abliged (sp?)

ShadowCaster
Mar 7, 2004, 11:12 PM
Hey sprry to ask, but im not a network wiz. When I follow the directions exactly, I gettothe point where when I right click for properties there is no Sharing Tab. Anyone help? Well everyone else thathas done it, whatkind of connection did youmake?

Rich_T
Mar 8, 2004, 12:20 PM
you can also set up ICS on windows XP form the left hand menu in my network places, click on set up a home or small office network, and then this computer conects to the internet, other computers conect to the internet through this computer.
when it asks you to make a set up disk, dont bother.
and select ignore disconected hardware when it lists your network card.

ShadowCaster
Mar 8, 2004, 01:45 PM
Wow guys. This is getting old fast. I didn;t go to school today and decided to work on the problem. I hooked the modem thru the usb to my computer and then a cat 5 cable thru the ethernet card to the gamecube using the automatic, manual and PPPoE Settin gs and nothing has worked. Can someone please tell me exaclty what they did step by step to fix this?

Im running windows xp and I set up a small network or whatever just as it said above.

I tried the second thing above with my computer running 2000 but the same error message is comin up.

Error no .018. Something about not having the cable properly plugged into the bba.

Do I need a crossover cable? Im using cat 5. Someone please please help

::cries::