PDA

View Full Version : GC: Offline androids

RPGphan18
Feb 27, 2004, 01:41 PM
I am having a little trouble with my Racast. He is in vhard caves and can't seem to stay on his feet. At level 72 I thought it would be easy, turns out I was wrongs, his only two stats that are better than by forces are atp and ata. his attack animations are slow because most slots are taken with elf/arms, or ogre/powers. Even his hp, which should be good, stinks, around 470. There has got to be a better way to reach ultimate, or the needed level for multiplayer.

rena-ko
Feb 27, 2004, 02:05 PM
hmm, yeah, lone androids have it tough.

first of, you should rely mostly on your mag's twin-photon blast (mylla and youlla are any bot's best friends).
therefore i'd suggest hunting down a pb/create or two.

for the other slot items...
dont concentrate on power. the arm-units are fine, but i'd put one dragon/hp or higher if you have trouble with the HP.

how's your mag stats? and your material diet so far?

with a mag that has 5 def, 125 pow, 70 dex and 0 mind, you'd never be wrong.

good material diet would be concentrating on power first, then def. luck if you like it, but its not really necessary. hm... for example...90 pow, 30 def and the rest in luck for example - or evade.

finally, weapons...
racast..., well, get some nice mechs with hit, then a rifle or handgun for distance and if you have to busy crowds, a shot is always good.

if you are able to get online, maybe investing some hours into ep1-challenge mode to get an srank shot, might be a good idea.
use some photon drops on it and give it a zalure special - works wonders, especially when you get to ultimate offline, believe me.

besides this, try to get to forest and get yourself a frozen shooter (if that's findable for your ID).

anyway, good luck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2004-02-27 11:06 ]</font>

BlueSummer
Feb 27, 2004, 04:19 PM
wo wo wo wo! Hey Androids dont always need the mags im doing very desent without one! Just that im scared to fight the centapeed in Caves cause my friend said that he was hard heck and you will not survive without a mag! Well im going to level up some more and well see who's thinks who cant survive ^.^! O yeah I didnt read the rest of the reply i'll get to that later. O yeah im a HUcast level 111 SKYLY ID if you wanted to know.

~BlueSummer

Genoa
Feb 27, 2004, 08:13 PM
If you are solo... and I mean like, rarely/never come in contact of another pso player, then it is highly recommended that you be a character that is able to support itself all the way.
HU-Hunewearl
RA-RAmarl
FO- (hard to say, I dun think any FO should go completely solo).
I'm pretty solo myself. I find it difficult to play with my HUcast/caseal. And my FOmar is doing just find because a FO is great after you go through the painful begining process of training him/her to be strong enough to tough it out. And trying to find high-level technique disk... oiy!

Arco
Feb 29, 2004, 05:07 PM
On 2004-02-27 10:41, RPGphan18 wrote:
I am having a little trouble with my Racast. He is in vhard caves and can't seem to stay on his feet. At level 72 I thought it would be easy, turns out I was wrongs, his only two stats that are better than by forces are atp and ata. his attack animations are slow because most slots are taken with elf/arms, or ogre/powers. Even his hp, which should be good, stinks, around 470. There has got to be a better way to reach ultimate, or the needed level for multiplayer.

The way my RaCast got thru Vhard was to find a good rifle or varista +25 helped me out for a long time, a good strategy is to run in pick a target and shoot him with a combo or 2 then run out and let them reset thier position and start over again it may take longer but you'll almost never need mates and not die as much

BoBoTheOgre
Apr 15, 2004, 03:20 PM
My tactic for Vhard is to use a gun and get all the uglys into a large group and lead them around the room shooting them as they come at you. But if it gets to hairy get out of the room.

lain2k3
Apr 15, 2004, 03:49 PM
On 2004-02-27 13:19, BlueSummer wrote:
wo wo wo wo! Hey Androids dont always need the mags im doing very desent without one! Just that im scared to fight the centapeed in Caves cause my friend said that he was hard heck and you will not survive without a mag! Well im going to level up some more and well see who's thinks who cant survive ^.^! O yeah I didnt read the rest of the reply i'll get to that later. O yeah im a HUcast level 111 SKYLY ID if you wanted to know.

~BlueSummer

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

. . . ...!

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 15, 2004, 03:51 PM
I dunno about you guys but i have an easier time using my HUcast solo than my HUnewearl or any other character for that matter, mainly because of the fact that freeze & confuse traps kick major ass and own any Force Gi/Ra/Barta.I got mylla & youlla on my mag 1 God battle & 3 PB creates, so i always get a full PB bar very quickly, i have no trouble at all, i find Androids have the funest & most rewarding game of all IMO,but if its too hard for you then its best you use a novice character such as Hunewearl, she can Shifta/Deband herself & Jellen/Zalure the enemies which makes the game really easy.
Andorids in general do have a more challenging game, but thats the great part, but to me i find it more challenging using a HUnwearl,mainly becuase her Rabarata/Freeze spells dont always connect,and i find it annoying gettign hit by traps and being paralyzed all the time, since i do the caves & temple ALOT, its really annoying with her.

DurakkenX
Apr 15, 2004, 04:45 PM
HAHAHAHA

HUcast = Roxors
RAcast = Suxors

But seriously you should be owning massively with a spread of some sort which you should of come across by now...You can stay back and shoot things not taking much damage at all...while you friggin HP refills and if they get close throw up a trap and shoot it...how can you be having any probs? Even though they have lower HP and ATP than HUcast in just beating the offline game EXCEPT FOR FALZ you should be utterly destroying the game...

for DF I'd suggest a basic saber so you can hit them hard and quick...either that or handgun type for Dervants. First form of DF pull out a spread and you can take out the dervants and DF gaining EXP while hitting DF himself...Second form of DF if anything I'd suggest a mechgun with nice ATA. Final form I think you have enough HP for it. Hok your self with LIGHT RESIST and WHATEVER/HP even if you have to down grade armor boost that Light resist. Make sure your Damaging ability is slightly lower than your HP and then when he soul steal just blast him and heal. PB is worthless especially if you at a nice level for DF which you are. arms are pointless unless you need it to equip your wep. So the best units you can get are God/HP, Resist/Saint(holy? not sure which right not), HP/Revival, and God/Power...

One of the MOST looked over things with people is the usefullness on monomates. I always keep them till DF online/new difficulty. You want 10 of all Mates and Star Atomizers and set your customized back buttons to monos, dis, and tris. By the time you get to 2nd form of DF you'll prolly find your self down to 5Dis, 10 tris, and 10 stars. Better than the ussual 8tris and prolly no stars...Most burn their dis on dervants and then in fear of dieing they use a couple tris...You might also wanna grab 3 Scapes...ussually 1 will be wasted during dervants the 2nd and 3rd will be most likely burned either on a Heavens punisher attack from form one or two, The megid hardly hits in third form and with the above equip you should only be getting like 350-420 damage depending on your light defense from grants.

The most dangerous thing you might have a prob with is the stupid slash DF has which almost alway kills, but here's where a lil skill comes in, after he grants you wait till he strikes and then use the heal. more than likely he'll do no damage and then do 2 more slashes in other sides of the map. you want to try to always get hit by grants rather than the light orbs because they do crits every so often that kill in one hit...and even though you get hit with grants so what you don't get hit with the slash and grants won't do too much damage...and the orbs are rather easy to avoid...

on average though...a spread and a hand gun are your best options...mechs take to long to reaim and cover none of the screen...while handguns hit quick and can reaim fast...spreads are slow but hit multiple...when they get near throw up a trap and run away a bit and then turn and hit them for more...

ok so maybe you didn't want all this, but hey it might help lol..i've been up for nearly 48 hous and need someting to keep me awake

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2004-04-15 14:47 ]</font>

PurplePower1
Apr 16, 2004, 01:04 PM
i have experienced this with my HUcast, it is hard without a partner casting resta all of the time.

lain2k3
Apr 16, 2004, 02:28 PM
Durraken, that actually seemed quite intelligent, good job, except for one thing...

RAcasts have the highest HP in the game
RAcaseals rank 2nd in highest HP
HUcasts have quite a bit less HP than the above 2.

DurakkenX
Apr 16, 2004, 08:18 PM
*shrugs* I don't play RAcasts...they suck in my oppinion as do most rangers, but thas just my play style. i loves me my HUcasts lol

Gaurdian
Apr 16, 2004, 11:23 PM
i agree rangers suck, any type of character where the idea is to use a weapon where you can hurt an enemy and not get hurt back is a wimp character. Hunters are for people who are not scared of getting in the face of a Booma and slicing his head off.

Cheep
Apr 16, 2004, 11:27 PM
On 2004-04-16 21:23, Gaurdian wrote:
i agree rangers suck, any type of character where the idea is to use a weapon where you can hurt an enemy and not get hurt back is a wimp character. Hunters are for people who are not scared of getting in the face of a Booma and slicing his head off.

Please stop,you're not helping and that was just plain stupid. Rangers get hurt too don't an idoit,some use close range weapons.Forces are also ranged,and they get hurt.
I haven't used a racast,I'm just not good with droids -_-; A good tactic would be to target one enemy then leave teh room if you are having trouble. You might want to try to get a different weapon also.

Gaurdian
Apr 16, 2004, 11:31 PM
the reason i am biased about rangers not being good and forces being good is that you never see rangers using magic except for healing. they seem to stick to their guns. forces use ranged magic sure, but they also use sticks and staffs to beat enemies.

Cheep
Apr 16, 2004, 11:44 PM
On 2004-04-16 21:31, Gaurdian wrote:
the reason i am biased about rangers not being good and forces being good is that you never see rangers using magic except for healing. they seem to stick to their guns. forces use ranged magic sure, but they also use sticks and staffs to beat enemies.

you totally missed the point of what I said,didn't you? When have you seen a force use the physical attack from their cane alot? Thats offtopic and you aren't helping are poor racast in need.
You can also try running around the swarm of enemies to coral them for better shooting. Thats what I do http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

PurplePower1
Apr 16, 2004, 11:48 PM
no kidding, Gaurdian is being a jerk about this. i agree with you Cheep. i have a Ranger and a Force and a hunter. i may no use the android Ranger but i still use a RAmarl. Rangers are good for starting players that is for sure. Quick levelers in multiplayer too. one shot=experience.

ViewtifulJoe
Apr 17, 2004, 12:00 AM
My first character was technically a force, but he was corrupted before he could help, so my Hucast was basically on his own for a long time. He was my first real Character, and currently my highest at 148. It's hard to be and android, especially a hunter, but if you use them strategicly, then you can take advantage of the stats they specialize in. At lvl 72, you should be doing fine, being a ranger. A Racast has decent enough power, by now you should have a decent weapon, so I say, if you still can't do cave, you need more practice than training.

lain2k3
Apr 17, 2004, 12:30 AM

not only are you off topic, you are sounding really stupid about this. No force should be attacking with a summit moon or Pwand if they are trying to do something. Melee forces use weapons like red saber, srank twin, and rainbow baton, not the same stuff they cast techs with.

And Rangers stick to guns because Srank shot, spread needle, and frozen shooter are some of the best weapons in the game...

Dhylec
Apr 17, 2004, 12:36 AM
stay with topic ppl..
offline droids not fo vs ra vs hu http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

PurplePower1
Apr 17, 2004, 12:42 AM
strange how easy it is to get off topic, oops did it again sorry

opaopajr
Apr 17, 2004, 04:23 AM
hmm, dunno, best suggestion for you and your RAcast would be a range weapon with a % on caves. rangers, just like everyone else, should be weapon collectors. with some quality stuff, especially a good rifle or shot with a nice effect, should definitely get you through. i found double sabers really useful with RAcaseals - fast and high evade.

i really don't see why you are having trouble - just play differently, maybe a bit slower, when soloing, especially with the casts/caseals. actually, to be honest i play faster, but that's just me, i can barrel through the early levels pretty fast with 'droids. that extra HP really helps. i strongly suggest having a x/battle if you can, but it's not necessary. and use those traps!

Atlas
Apr 17, 2004, 02:45 PM
My RAcast is level 50 with about 600 HP, I use 2 GOD HPs and 2 God Abilities. I acquired them online, but keep an eye out for HP materials and Evade materials if you only play offline.

By the way, I use a wals because I prefer long, LONG range instead of just long range, so if you get a long, long range weapon like wals, sniper, or rifle that would help you keep away from the enemies!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atlas on 2004-04-17 12:46 ]</font>

Atlas
Apr 17, 2004, 02:57 PM

He is a RAcast, they don't get TP...

Evil_Althena8
Apr 17, 2004, 03:32 PM
I personally do not care for rangers, but it has nothing to do with the fact that they stand back and shoot. It's actually quite effective. Aesthetically I like Hunters and Forces, I like the selection of weapons a hunter can use and the techniques and cool weapons of a force.

NiNeTeeN69
Apr 17, 2004, 03:37 PM
On 2004-04-16 21:23, Gaurdian wrote:

Rangers do not suck, it depends on how you use them i use Both a HUcast and a RAcaseal, and with my RAcaseal i go right up into the action a few inches away and blast em with my spread needle, i love being right up close in the action. I also use Guld Milla only an inch away from an enemy,who says you cant use a gun right up close?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NiNeTeeN69 on 2004-04-17 13:44 ]</font>

packagedrebel
Apr 18, 2004, 07:29 PM
my advice for using that racast wood be to use ur freeze traps like hella crazy. i know ive been saved by freezing stuff countless times. also try to be really strong bcuz ata is cheap all u really need is a good sato or around s 5 150 45 mag and u will pwn all of offline

PurplePower1
Apr 18, 2004, 09:43 PM
yea freezing is one of the best things a guy can do when on ultimate.

Dana
Apr 25, 2004, 02:44 PM
On 2004-02-27 17:13, MegamanX wrote:
If you are solo... and I mean like, rarely/never come in contact of another pso player, then it is highly recommended that you be a character that is able to support itself all the way.
HU-Hunewearl
RA-RAmarl
FO- (hard to say, I dun think any FO should go

hey! all FO are better at supporting them selves than any other class!
an7y way a android should always have the s/d-parts and a good mag, just try and you will do it

lain2k3
Apr 25, 2004, 04:52 PM
On 2004-04-25 12:44, Dana_ranger wrote:

On 2004-02-27 17:13, MegamanX wrote:
HU-Hunewearl
RA-RAmarl
FO- (hard to say, I dun think any FO should go

hey! all FO are better at supporting them selves than any other class!
an7y way a android should always have the s/d-parts and a good mag, just try and you will do it

Hey! dont revive week old topics!

seriously, dont do this again, especially if you have absolutely nothing to add to the conversation.