PDA

View Full Version : Great, just great~!

Nohe
Feb 27, 2004, 08:21 PM
I just got my broadband adapter, I'm so happy about it~! But first thing that happens when I connect, character corruption, all my characters were deleted while connecting to a game.
It's not related to the FSOD, I've read about it on several places, including here, I got disconnected while connecting to a game, getting a weird message about how I couldn't connect to that game and then it corrupted my data ... Wow ... God ...

Can anyone help me ? X.x

DOG21313
Feb 27, 2004, 09:07 PM
=/ Hmm... Heres some methods to TRY to uncorrupt... They may not work, but theyre worth a try.

I loaded my 144 HUnewearl and it said character was corrupted and needed to be deleted. I yoinked out the card, put it back in, and it was just fine. Freaky. -SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko

I saw your thread about your corruption.

If you didnt already delete your corrupted chars then do this:

Get an uncorrupted card and your corrupt card ready.

Turn on your Gamecube/Xbox on with the uncorrupted card in it.

Go to offline multiplayer.

When it starts to load your characters,quickly switch the cards.

You should be able to play your corrupt card and save.Then it should be normal again.

I hope this helps,it worked for me,PM me back and let me know

Those Two are the only ways i've seen... If they do not work, then see this as a new oppurtunity, create a new character and make it BETTER than the old one! If theres a class youve been wanting to try, try it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh, and i think i know what you are talking about... did it just stay looking at the overview of Pioneer 2 for a long time? If so, then just disconnect the broadband cable, and it will disconnect just like you were quitting game.

IF you ever happen to FSOD at the 2nd save, use this method:

8. I've done this trick myself before, and it worked remarkably...if you freeze during the double save, do not panic. You might fall over onto your gc, destroying it, you might accidentally pull out the memory card, causing all hope to be lost(well not really its part of the trick), you might trip over your controller and impale yourself on the fork you used for that bowl of raviolli. Slow walk up to your gc, open the cd case and take the memory card out. Turn the gc off, close the hatch thing, turn it on. put your memory card back in when it says to put it in. Your character should be fine. (SHOULD BE OKAY!?) this also works sometimes if you are trying to save your items.

Hope it works out...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DOG21313 on 2004-02-27 18:09 ]</font>

Nohe
Feb 27, 2004, 09:15 PM
I tried all that, without success, but still, thanks for trying to help ^.^ That's sweet

BogusKun
Mar 1, 2004, 06:34 PM
It happened to me once... then I did what I usually do... turn it off, take a 3 month break, and it was back again. No corruptions I swear!

Gnarled_rose
Mar 1, 2004, 10:12 PM
you might trip over your controller and impale yourself on the fork you used for that bowl of raviolli.
Man, I know how that is....
As for the deletion thing, it's one of the reasons I'm glad I'm offline only. Then again, Chaos_Phoenix got corrupted just by the wrong kind of mem card...

PaleKid15
Mar 2, 2004, 12:59 PM
Wasn't there something about deleting your HL file or the Network info? Don't try that unless someone else says it works.

Soukosa
Mar 2, 2004, 01:17 PM
You can safely delete the guildcard and Sega network info files and those might solve it. Do NOT delete the system file. Without that file, all the other files are worthless.

PaleKid15
Mar 2, 2004, 01:24 PM
Well that's good, try that. There is no reason why the bugs of pso should effect the players anymore. There is a way around almost all PSO problems. Someone should make a sticky for troubleshooting pso... (Beat Black screen tips- I have them. Item save- others can beat FSOD. Corruption fix- whoever posted it first)

Zack_Morris
Mar 2, 2004, 03:19 PM
amen to that, make a sticky! Compile all the tricks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zack_Morris on 2004-03-02 12:20 ]</font>