PDA

View Full Version : getting creamed in VHard caves

Zeroy
Feb 27, 2004, 09:05 PM
i got my HUmar up to the VHard caves, and im getting creamed by SHARKS! yes, EVIL SHARKS. And im using a Yamato +11. What level should I be before i attempt this level? im guessing i should go complete hard mode Ep. 2 first to level up some http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

and VHard forest was so dang easy!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeroy on 2004-02-27 18:05 ]</font>

LoreSeeker
Feb 27, 2004, 09:25 PM
I recommend being about level 50ish. Try casting Jellen and Zalure, those should help you out. Also, a weapon that hits multiple enemies (Slicer, Partisan, Sword) would be of great use to you. Yamato rocks for attacking one enemy at a time, but you get swarmed in Caves.

Zeroy
Feb 27, 2004, 10:38 PM
im level 59, i guess ill start using the Dragon Slayer then.

KaFKa
Feb 27, 2004, 11:01 PM
if you're level 59, then you should have been using J/Z a LONG time ago, as well as fast-switching weps for certin situations. all in all, if you have to, just stant at the door and shoot with a handgun...

...but what about delly roll? HAHHAHAHA *walks away laughing*

Zeroy
Feb 27, 2004, 11:05 PM
ill have to start using J/Z more, i totally forgot about those http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif that might help. and i have some Dark Gatling instead of a handgun.

Butoden
Feb 28, 2004, 04:26 AM
Best use a Gatling... If you're a HUmar I suggest using a Handgun against Lillies and a Mechgun against other monsters. Try handgunning Nano's if they're doing too much damage...

Siris
Feb 28, 2004, 05:21 AM
Yeah, Jellen and Zalure will do wonders and always make sure to power up with Shifta and Deband. If you come across a hard room it helps to hang out by the door so you can make a dash for it and the monsters can go back where they came from if you need to gather your composure during a battle.

Garm
Feb 28, 2004, 08:43 AM
humar has no s/d, except for mag blasts. and lvl up till you're around 70 then you can handle caves with yamato (i had that prob, was to lazy to beat falz). or use j/z and a sword/gun/mech guns combo...

ATHANASEUS
Feb 28, 2004, 08:53 AM
put that dark gatling in the bank and get yourself a railgun w/ a beast % next get a good slicer like rappy's wing and with the aid of that dragon slayer, you'll own the caves!

Siris
Feb 28, 2004, 08:57 AM
Ew, didn't know that with the S/D...that's gotta make it much tougher I'm sure.

PurplePower1
Mar 1, 2004, 02:16 PM
level your mag, more power. or just gain more levels on the forest

KingChaos
Mar 1, 2004, 03:57 PM
at level 59 it should be easy

Sha_Hua
Mar 2, 2004, 07:41 AM
I was at VHard ruins at that level.

The difference between forest and caves is pretty big indeed.

It's al in the tactics you use.
I would recommend equiping a state maintenance so the lillies don't bother you.
Equip your gun and cast shifta and deband before entering a room.
Then when you enter a room start shooting at your enymies. Use the normal, normal, heavy combo to keep them at a distance (also works for closeby). Keep doing this till there close then switch to saber or partisan.
Most important of all don't get surrounded. There is no way in hell your defence helps against multiple attacks.

Good luck