PDA

View Full Version : ult. tower solo: crazy or brave?

Jarek
Feb 28, 2004, 01:07 PM
cause i've been looking for rares in the towers. but i'm afraid to play with random people, for the sake of them taking what i'm looking for. so twice now (i haven't had a lot of time), i've gone through the west tower in ult as my FOmarl, solo. took about 2 hours each time, and all i got was a PD from an ill gill. i'll probably go for at least another run through tonight, in hopes of finding something good. maybe if it didn't take so long it would be better. but it's ok cause the towers are my favorite place to be, even in ultimate. =)

ps: can someone tell me why this message is in both places? this is my first poll, so i'm not too sure about them yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: psobsesser on 2004-02-28 10:20 ]</font>

Zeroy
Feb 28, 2004, 01:22 PM
i couldn't tell you... never been online myself :'(. but still, from what ive heard you might want to go with some trusted friends.

Corey
Feb 28, 2004, 01:27 PM
2 Hours is a bit...over kill time...I guess if you get it done though ,it's all right.Still,you should play with trusted friends.It would make it easier.Make sure you use glitches with enemies correctly...(like Gibbles getitng stuck in jump postitoin...actually I think thats the only one.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Jarek
Feb 28, 2004, 01:35 PM
yes, I've learned several glitches after all the runs through.
1. Delbiters can actually get stuck on the curved walls if you hug the left wall and stay there.
2. See gibbles comment above. ^_^'
3. If you can hit enemies on a different level (like the floor where you use the warp to get up) do so.
4. Use the big indentations as a gap between you and the enemies (make sure you have a good gun tho)
5. On floor 8, stay in the ring and let it keep healing you while the delbiters come to you.
6. Progressing slowly seems to help to (so you don't get overwhelmed).

and i would get some friends to join me, but I only have a few i really trust, and a lot of the time they aren't on.

Tsudo_Plat
Feb 28, 2004, 02:25 PM
On 2004-02-28 10:35, psobsesser wrote:

and i would get some friends to join me, but I only have a few i really trust, and a lot of the time they aren't on.

If you'd like I'd be more than willing to help you search for rares. I played East Tower in ULT before, wasn't too hard (Lets just say I used Frozen Shooter, A LOT). Still took me a good hour at the very least, plus countless meseta spent going back to town to get more mates. If your interested in playing with me, let me know.

Hrith
Feb 28, 2004, 02:51 PM
I've done about 30 solo WT Runs with Terra, I think soloing Towers is not a problem for high Lv Rangers.

VulpesMundi does solo ET runs with his HUnewearl, that is crazy to me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Of course the Holy Ray allows you to hit at rifle range, but you cannot freeze Gibbles and Delbiter :S

I dunno, maybe ET is easier than WT, I mostly do WT.

neo9376
Feb 28, 2004, 07:17 PM
East tower is much easier than west west you have to go through seabed too

StryderPSO
Feb 28, 2004, 08:20 PM
i still gotta get online and try those tower quests are they any good?

LoreSeeker
Feb 28, 2004, 09:58 PM
The tower quests offer decent experience once you can get through them fast enough, and some of the enemies are pretty cool. I like to do them every now and then just to break up the monotony of playing regular runs or TTF all the time.

lain2k3
Feb 28, 2004, 11:10 PM
On 2004-02-28 11:51, Kef wrote:
I've done about 30 solo WT Runs with Terra, I think soloing Towers is not a problem for high Lv Rangers.

VulpesMundi does solo ET runs with his HUnewearl, that is crazy to me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Of course the Holy Ray allows you to hit at rifle range, but you cannot freeze Gibbles and Delbiter :S

I dunno, maybe ET is easier than WT, I mostly do WT.

Soloing with a HUnney is not that hard. you dont need to freeze delbiters or gibbles, they're wimps compared to mericarol&co.

Only thing I have trouble with are Ill Gills. those fuckers are insane.

EJ
Feb 29, 2004, 09:44 AM
I use my Fomar for solo runs on bothe east and west tower runs and it take forever on ultimate because there not many people i can trust for a rare run in the towers ^_^.

Hrith
Feb 29, 2004, 10:59 AM
well if you are looking for such people, PM me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jarek
Feb 29, 2004, 12:34 PM
I would've asked for help specifically, but I didn't want this to get moved to the player matchup threads. =)

lain2k3
Feb 29, 2004, 12:39 PM
I dont think stuff like this is worth the effort to move, but I'm not a mod, either.

And I'll help out, to, just PM me.

Jarek
Feb 29, 2004, 02:44 PM
I guess I'm crazy now. =)
to top it all off, last night i fell asleep while in the east tower...guess i was asleep for a while cause the game DC'd itself (and it's set for an hour; never changed it. )

figures... <_<

Zarana
Mar 2, 2004, 02:29 AM
Neither. It's easy. I can pull it off in less than 15 minutes as my either of my RAmarls, and about 20 minutes as my RAcaseal or HUnewearl. Always without dying.

kingmurp
Mar 2, 2004, 07:05 AM
It's not that hard with a rifle type weapon like the Holy Ray as stated earlier. Frozen Shooter makes it a simple task. It depends on the char tho.

Jarek
Mar 3, 2004, 03:14 PM
On 2004-03-01 23:29, Zarana wrote:
Neither. It's easy. I can pull it off in less than 15 minutes as my either of my RAmarls, and about 20 minutes as my RAcaseal or HUnewearl. Always without dying.

And I notice you didn't say with a FOrce character, which is the one I'm using. So I imagine it would be easier for you.

Nickwillnotbe
Mar 3, 2004, 05:27 PM
Playing ult tower solo isn't all that bad. I have gone through solo a few times on my HUmar. Just bring a gun and you should be fine. I haven't tried doing WT solo though. Seems like it would take to long.