PDA

View Full Version : Sacred Guard

Cc08
Feb 29, 2004, 12:29 AM
I'm just wondering why you find it in Ult. and its req. are for someone lvl 17 +. I was just rare hunting in Redria Caves and a GoVulmer dropped a Redbox... I was very excited, except when I found out I had just gotten a shield for a lvl 17. Is this item a joke?

Jason
Feb 29, 2004, 12:34 AM
Well, it has poor stats but, it prevents you from being frozen solid. There are units that boosts DFP such as God/Body that you can use with the armor to make up for the poor DFP boost that shield of Sacred Guard has. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-02-28 21:35 ]</font>

Hrith
Feb 29, 2004, 12:59 AM
Sacred does not prevent the effect of being frozen.
it has awesome resistance, especially ELT, and makes it an asset against Dark Falz

Blanks
Feb 29, 2004, 01:14 AM
On 2004-02-28 21:59, Kef wrote:
Sacred does not prevent the effect of being frozen.
it has awesome resistance, especially ELT, and makes it an asset against Dark Falz

Sacred gaurd does prevent the effect of being frozen, I've found one myself. I think you are talking about sacred cloth, that thing cures paralysis.

Soukosa
Feb 29, 2004, 02:14 AM
I just checked the Sacred Guard against Silly and it didn't do anything in regards to getting frozen.

VulpesMundi
Feb 29, 2004, 03:19 AM
I believe the Sacred Guard prevents poison in E1&2. Majorly toned down from the DC/PC, where it used to prevent all abnormal status. It has always had poor stats, though, making it more-or-less useful for a lower leveled character.

Soukosa
Feb 29, 2004, 03:42 AM
On 2004-02-29 00:19, VulpesMundi wrote:
I believe the Sacred Guard prevents poison in E1&2.

*checks* Yep, it prevents Poison.

Majorly toned down from the DC/PC, where it used to prevent all abnormal status.

It'd make sense for it to only prevent on status affect, since the State/Maintance unit was broken down into the various cure units.

Spliffman
Feb 29, 2004, 03:53 AM
isn't the sacred guard one of those items you can combine with a heart key or somethin to make the safety heart. I always thought that was why it was so hard to find.

Soukosa
Feb 29, 2004, 03:55 AM
That's Invisible Guard.

Spliffman
Feb 29, 2004, 03:58 AM
so you can't change the sacred guard into anything? In that case, i agree, what the hell is it so rare for then!!!! It doesn't do half what it did on dc, strange move by the boys at st I guess.

peace

TyroneBiggums
Feb 29, 2004, 06:59 AM
Fuck this item I found two of them in the Caves last week on Redria and they are worthless

Primrose
Feb 29, 2004, 08:17 AM
It probably has this rarity because of the cure effect, these kind of effects are rated pretty high in Episode 1&2.
I still believe that it was one of the wisest moves of Sonic Team to remove state/maintenance from Episode 1&2.

Rainbowlemon
Feb 29, 2004, 09:39 AM
I agree. It would make things way too easy if it cured all status effects, and they're not exactly solid to find.

Cc08
Feb 29, 2004, 11:08 AM
Are you sure it doesn't prevent being frozen because thats what the guide here says

lain2k3
Feb 29, 2004, 11:31 AM
I've gotten 3, all in different IDs ><

skyly tollaw (rarer than chakram, red HG and red saber ><)
Whitill crimson assassin(same rarity as asuka and red daggers)
Redria govulmer (rarer than red sword)

><
><
><

I hate sacred guard.

Hrith
Feb 29, 2004, 11:58 AM
I got two from Skyly Tollaws and 2 from Redria GoVulmers, don't complain http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

and no, it does not prevent frozen effect, before trying to prove somebody wrong, try it yourself

lain2k3
Feb 29, 2004, 12:03 PM
but I've only played skyly forest like twice. Rei has killed about 20-25 tollaws at the most. ><

And I've done 5 Redria Afood runs, not 175. ><

only place where it justifiable is whitill caves for me.

Cc08
Feb 29, 2004, 03:44 PM
and no, it does not prevent frozen effect, before trying to prove somebody wrong, try it yourself Will do, I just usually check the guides first...

Zelgadis
Mar 1, 2004, 02:42 PM
Yeah that pissed me off too....might be good for a low level char....dfp and evp suck. Light resistance is nice! But....I'd rather have something with more dfp then that.