PDA

View Full Version : Your most enjoyed class?

Kiara
Feb 29, 2004, 02:02 AM
My memory card decided to wipe itself for some reason (I suspect one of my siblings had a hand in it). So now I have to start all over. I'm wondering which character to use as my main now and what I wanna know is, what's the class you've enjoyed using the most out of all 12? This isn't a debate on which character is better or best I just wanna know which was more fun to play as and why.

joluh
Feb 29, 2004, 02:07 AM
FOnewm...

Why!?!? i have 1 memory card just for pso, enought with 4 characters, only being able to use 4, have used all of them, deleted HUmar, RAcaseal and more over lvl100...

I have 2 FOnewms =), ((look at my sig))

Need to say more??? NO

Nai_Calus
Feb 29, 2004, 03:55 AM
FOmars suck. There is nothing at all redeeming about them. Everything they do, other FOs do better, except physical damage. Playing a FOmar is like wearing a kick me sign.

...I wouldn't have it any other way. *hugs both of his FOmars*

Darb
Feb 29, 2004, 04:04 AM
Yeah, I like using fomars the most, they can be really fun to use. You can use them anyway you want really, you can make them attack alot with sabers and such, or you can make then use techniques instead. I think this is why I enjoy them so much, there are lots of possibilties with them.

navci
Feb 29, 2004, 04:06 AM
On 2004-02-29 00:55, Ian-KunX wrote:
...I wouldn't have it any other way. *hugs botha million of his FOmars*

Hm. Class I enjoy playing.
I enjoy playing FOnewm and HUcast side by side. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DOG21313
Feb 29, 2004, 05:22 AM
FOmar, you can just switch from melee to magic and right back again. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Best class ever from my view.

Myopathy
Feb 29, 2004, 05:47 AM
RAmarl and HUnewearl (same for me, since they are generally the same, except the types of weapons they use). Again, large variety of uses for both classes. They can play support, as well as have large attacking ability.

KingChaos
Feb 29, 2004, 05:48 AM
RAcast

TyroneBiggums
Feb 29, 2004, 06:43 AM
I've had the most fun playing as a Hunewearl but Ramarl is pretty fun too.

Crystal_Shard
Feb 29, 2004, 07:41 AM
Fonewearl. Deadly one on one tech caster (All bosses beware! ^_^), Competent tech spammer
when needed, with the correct equipment of course, excellent healer, and has the potential
to destroy rows of enemies with Megid without any extra equipment.
(Your megid had better be high level though ^_^)

Some of the guys here have also managed to create competent melee Fonewearls, which
is not an easy task.

Still, she's the most enjoyable of all my characters in terms of playability, with
her only major downsides being low hp and low atp. (easily cured by HP units and
mags) And some of her costumes, look really nice, except for a few "lolita"
looking ones, which really look cheap.

kingmurp
Feb 29, 2004, 08:03 AM
I prefer HUnney. They can go from stabby to support and thats what makes me enjoy the game.

doubletake123
Feb 29, 2004, 08:51 AM
ahhh i love my hucast they seem to be looked down apon because they don't have techs.....but,they can see traps that some times appear and frankly cold blow u to peices and they have traps and high atack power so u set a freeze trap wile all the enemies are together and u get a big sword(like my brdysh)or a slicer and u knock the snot out of them.

Stormsworder
Feb 29, 2004, 09:25 AM
RAmarl. I just made one I absolutely love playing as her.

DirtyDan311
Feb 29, 2004, 10:33 AM
I love my FOmar. the fact that he outright sucks makes him very challenging to play, which is very fun. I also really enjoy my hucaseal, which is not a very good charcter either, but they are very fun. I would say HUcaseal or FOmar defintly

GrandWarlock
Feb 29, 2004, 10:53 AM
I think all the classes are fun, but I'll have to say that it's got to gbe one of the forces. Or maybe a RAcast or RAcaseal. I;mm still just starting with my RAcaseal and FOnewearl, but I'd have to say out of the 2, hmmm. If you like lots of difficulty use FOnewearl, because you have to keep buying and buying and buying fluids, which cost more than mates, but if you like just plain old difficulty, go with RAcaseal, because like I said before, mates cost less than fluids, but feeding the MAG is kinda hard. I can't decide for you so you should just chose between RAcaseal or FOnewearl.
And if you make a FOnewearl go with PINKAL, and RAcaseal go with VIRIDIA or GREENIL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GrandWarlock on 2004-02-29 07:54 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Feb 29, 2004, 11:01 AM
I personally love having a mid-level RAmarl. She has all the support abilities, so if you don't have a FOrce i the game, you can still do very well. She has the ability to melee, since she has great: ATA, EVP, DFP (Deband and Jellen), and ATP (Shifta and Zalure). Plus I am not too keen on having my main type of attack controlled by a number that gets significantly lower with almost every attack (FOrces); or almost always having to melee (HUnters).

I do have other characters I am working on; but find RAngers to be the most fun for me. I do have a FOmarl that recently got into Very Hard, and even being highly "tweaked/twinked" she has a tough time since the spells cost a lot to cast, and it takes several to kill the enemy (and I am using their weakness).

azngamer648
Feb 29, 2004, 11:51 AM
FOnewearl is a very fun class to use. They have cool animations,and have higher tech levels. HUcast is fun to use if you just like to bash things around. If you want a challenge and some fun go with FOmars.. they can meele and use magic efficiently.

lain2k3
Feb 29, 2004, 11:58 AM
hmmm. that was pretty funny, Ian, lol. so true.

When I'm half asleep I'll go online with my fomarl, join an ep 1 game, spam S/D/J/Z all over the place and just kinda stand in place until the Hoomars kill the stuff.

when I feel like actively playing, I love RAmarls.

**is currently working on getting RAmarl #3 in to ult.**

bordering
Feb 29, 2004, 12:26 PM
FOmarl and HUcast are tied.

FOmarl can do everything and do it all with panache. that hyper fast bazooka animation is about the funniest thing ever. hahaha. she rules.

HUcast is a bit of a struggle for soloing in the early levels, but once you hit 135 or so (with 20 freeze and confuse by around that level) and probably about 1200-1300 some base atp (while maxing ata), you are a GOD. my HUcast has been able to solo EVERYTHING online from that level forward, ult falz, ult olga flow, ult soul blade, ult tower (cept for that one time i forgot the spawing pattern for east tower floor 6... that was very very stupid and very very bad for Mj's mag's synch). but he's always good on a team.

The-Legit-One
Feb 29, 2004, 12:52 PM
My favorite class to play i RAcaseals, they look so funky(LOL!), i have one named Nagi, she is the recreation of the first PSO char i ever had:D

Armok
Feb 29, 2004, 01:40 PM
I personally always liked hucasts. I enjoy getting stuck in nice and close to the enemy. Although I do sometimes enjoy the whole ra effect of Needling/ra'ing everything to death without even having to move or think.

Jive18
Feb 29, 2004, 02:18 PM
I've always had tons of fun while playing HUnewearls, HUmars, RAmarls, and FOmars. All of these characters have the abilty to switch from melee combat to casting techniques in a matter of seconds.

RicoRoyal
Feb 29, 2004, 02:50 PM
When it comes to fun factor, I'd choose a FOnewm or HUcast any day of the week. Both of them specialize in killing s**t really fast and effectively. With a FOnewm you get the raw power of tech-users. As for the HUcast, you get the raw power of ass-kickery and freeze-trapiness. I love these two characters more than anything else. My poor RAmar is the blacksheep of my memory card family. Even that newcomer, HUnewearl, is making him look bad.

So, just to recap: FOnewm and/or HUcast. Best. Fun. Ever.

Kiara
Feb 29, 2004, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the oppinions everyone, my Fonewe and I are having a lot of fun together^_^. Now I need a 2nd memory card... meh. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Zolpner
Feb 29, 2004, 10:23 PM
RAmarl.. because I do..
I need a 3rd memory card.. thats more because my other 2 are 128 and 56, I need a 256 for downloading quests and stuff when I finally get online when i get Episode 3.

PurplePower1
Mar 1, 2004, 02:19 PM
HUmars and HUnewearls

Polar
Mar 1, 2004, 03:54 PM
WTF? No-one likes RAmars? They may be the worst magic users, but I like being able to reliably hard-hard-hard or even special-special-special enemies... I just like the guys, even if Bernie is a bit cheesy ("Time to take you down!")

Jkid
Mar 1, 2004, 04:36 PM
I'm undecided about what class I enjoy the most, but I'm leaning toward the RAmarl.

flueggy
Mar 1, 2004, 04:52 PM
mine is RAcast. Good with sabers and guns. I've also played FOmarls and they're pretty fun

kazuma56
Mar 1, 2004, 08:50 PM
WTF? No-one likes RAmars? They may be the worst magic users, but I like being able to reliably hard-hard-hard or even special-special-special enemies... I just like the guys, even if Bernie is a bit cheesy ("Time to take you down!")

Polar, I noticed that too.

I say go Ramar because as a Ranger, you shouldn't be needing to cast Resta many times unless you like to play melee and range (like me) and like Humars, lvl 15 techs are pretty much worthless after V-hard mode-In ult I only use S/D and resta without having to worry about the stupid J/Z combination as well, online, you can support the team by making sure your lead attackers A.K.A Hunters don't get damaged when meleeing.

BTW Did I mention that Ramar is probably the 2nd best Ranger when going for the melee and distance fighting?

Para
Mar 1, 2004, 09:25 PM
On 2004-02-29 02:47, Ezellaur wrote:
RAmarl and HUnewearl (same for me, since they are generally the same, except the types of weapons they use). Again, large variety of uses for both classes. They can play support, as well as have large attacking ability.

Same here.

Sheldama
Mar 2, 2004, 12:35 AM
I really enjoy the Hucast for those long days. Come home, pop in PSO and just go on a hack and slash spree. They are SO low maintenaince that it releaves some stress. And coupled with a good Force, off into ruins you go without a problem. Poor little humans... they can't see the treaps that would kill them. Nor do the regenerate HP at such an alarming rate.. or at all

Naagata_Clan
Mar 2, 2004, 12:29 PM
FOMARL! I just love my FOmarl to death. Nothing makes me happier then someone trash talking my FOmarl because she is balanced out between ATP and MST. Then watching that person die in front of you, and then complain to you to resurrect them, then simply ignore them and go kill the boss... yeah... that's fun...

HUcaseals are fun too because they have all the cool animations for Double Sabers and Daggers.

And my last fav the HUnewearl. Nice balance between being able to use techs and dish out good old fashioned melee damage.

If you ask me, avoid RAs... I just don't like them... I normally feel sleepy when I start using mine... but eh, to each his own right?

kazuma56
Mar 2, 2004, 08:35 PM
If you ask me, avoid RAs... I just don't like them... I normally feel sleepy when I start using mine... but eh, to each his own right?

Ra's are like Forces without having to cast Magic/techniques (whatver you like to call them) to do dmg, they are basically Forces with better stats besides MST.

Lede
Mar 3, 2004, 05:57 PM
I just adore *and this is actually what keeps me playing the game* Hunewreals i use them 85% of the time i am playing there is nothing they cant do in any situation, they may not have godly atp and hp or even ata *if not maxed" but i promise you if you know what you are doing they are god sends, there obvious down side of horrible ata growth but that is a small price to pay every thing else is fine, same with ramarl but switch ata growth with hp,

i also like fomarl as a force.

gallaugher
Mar 3, 2004, 06:14 PM
On 2004-03-01 12:54, Polar wrote:

GYAHH!!!

Seriously I have a lot of fun playing as a RAmarl. If there is no force on the team I get to try my hand at support. If there is a force on the team I get to practice freezing stuff with a frozen shooter.

I'm also partial to HUcasts. See bordering's post to find out why they're so awesome.

Lede
Mar 4, 2004, 05:51 AM
Ramarls can also do hard-hard-hard etc, there ata is only measlyfew points lower then ramars, every thing a ramar can do a ramarl can do much better with the expectption of equiping handgun:guild which i thin is stupid becuase it absorbs tp.

ramars notonly have horrible mst, but horrble def as well.