PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Quests

killerb255
Apr 17, 2001, 12:18 PM
I know this sounds so like a newbie question, but how do you do this? The manual says to go to Online Mode and "Download Quest" should be an option under Ship Select. Are downloadable quests only available for a limited time? (such as Lionel and the Easter legit rare quest)

--Killer B

Rapscallion
Apr 17, 2001, 12:37 PM
i was wondering the same thing. I remember when the Letter From Lionel quest was available but every time I tried to download it I was disconnected, eventually it wasn't available anymore. didn't know anything about a Easter quest, though.

benja
Apr 17, 2001, 02:55 PM
Yeah the downloads are only on the PSO server for a limited time. BUT, just go to booyaka.com and you can get the downloads there. If you have probs, let me know and i'll help you out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Lmnopia
Apr 17, 2001, 03:00 PM
yeah there was a downloadable quest opn there fro a while but it was gone after a little while... who knows mabey they will but another one on...

Core
Apr 17, 2001, 03:07 PM
yes there only avalibale for a number of days then......i don't know...they must go to quest heaven...

beany
Apr 17, 2001, 04:59 PM
may i ask what the dif is between .vmi and .dci files? which do i upload to my vmu (vmi?) if so then whats the dci files for? thanks for the help.
laterz

Axeman
Apr 17, 2001, 05:17 PM
Do I need one of those special VMU's to do this? I downloaded the files but I am not sure what to do with them.

Can you recommend a good, cheap VMU that will allow me to use downloaded files?

Hmm, maybe using the browser disk. I've never used that except to set up the ISP part of PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

benja
Apr 17, 2001, 05:33 PM
U only need the .vmi file, use your web browser on your dreamcast to download them onto your vmu that you play PSO with. Make sure you get all of the files. for "letters..." there two files to get. Once you have downloaded both of them start an offline game and go to the quests chick. at the bottom select the downloaded quest option and then you can figure out the rest from there. There is no specific VMU you need to do this, only enough room on it, and it has to be the one with your game data for it to work.

Axeman
Apr 17, 2001, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the info. I will definitely give that a shot. I already have the Letters to Lionel quest, but I would like to try the Easter one so I can get a real rare. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

benja
Apr 18, 2001, 03:14 PM
The easter quest is pretty cool. not too hard if you have the directions.

Axeman
Apr 18, 2001, 03:34 PM
Thanks very much for the help. Due to the assistance I received, I was able to get the Japanese Easter quest, and I now have a Chain Sawd. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

benja
Apr 18, 2001, 05:15 PM
good stuff! nice to hear you got it.

Loki
Apr 18, 2001, 06:36 PM
On 2001-04-17 15:33, benja wrote:
U only need the .vmi file, use your web browser on your dreamcast to download them onto your vmu that you play PSO with. Make sure you get all of the files. for "letters..." there two files to get. Once you have downloaded both of them start an offline game and go to the quests chick. at the bottom select the downloaded quest option and then you can figure out the rest from there. There is no specific VMU you need to do this, only enough room on it, and it has to be the one with your game data for it to work.

is this only when downloading from bookya.com? I downloaded letter from lionel to a seperate vmu than my game data and it saved fine, I have played it through.

benja
Apr 18, 2001, 07:07 PM
To play the downloadable quests they are supposed to be on the same vmu as your character you want to play it with. I have had one characters guild cards show up on a different character(and on a different vmu), so maybe you can play it on a different vmu, but I doubt it. So just put all the files on the vmu with your character and it will work for sure.

Loki
Apr 18, 2001, 07:35 PM
where on www.booyaka.com can i download the files?

benja
Apr 18, 2001, 08:18 PM
On the booyaka.com homepage, on the top it says headlines, and under that it says "saved games." click on that. Next page it will say on it Dreamcast saved games. click it. next screen you will either log in or sign up. log in and you will be taken to the downloads page. Click where is says "view public saves." On the next page, go down on the list and you will find phantasy star online downloads. Click on the "all saves."

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: benja on 2001-04-18 18:23 ]</font>