PDA

View Full Version : debit card?????

sisco
Feb 29, 2004, 05:20 AM
Ok i have a question.
what is a debit card and where do i get it. i tried psoexplorer but they only work in the USA i really want to get online again so plz help me.

Rich_T
Feb 29, 2004, 06:08 AM
youve got Swissarmyman down under your username, so i guess you in Switzerland.
Im not too sure on what swiss debit cards would work, i would suggest that you look at your banks website, and see whats on offer.
i think that most swiss banks offer debit cards, as long as youve got an account thats in credit with them, as well as a regular deposits to that account, although you need to contact sega-europe for more info on what Swiss debit cards are acepted for payment of the Hunters licence.

At a guess i would say that Meastro cards should work, as these are pretty much the same as Switch cards used in the UK, although check with sega-europe first

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2004-02-29 03:13 ]</font>

sisco
Feb 29, 2004, 06:28 AM
k
wel thanks for your advice but i live in the netherlands and how do you pay with a debit card?
i really dont know what it is.

sisco
Feb 29, 2004, 06:43 AM
because im not 18 years old i cant use a credit card
so i was wondering what a debit card was or is it the same as a credit card?

Rich_T
Feb 29, 2004, 08:32 AM
Credit cards:
with a credit card each time you buy something you are borrowing the money form your credit card company, who send you a bill, usualy once a month for the money you have borrowed from them, if you dont pay up but spend nothing the next month, the next bill will be more ( interest)
basicly a credit card is a way to borrow small amounts of money for a short period.

A debit card works slightly differently, when you use one the money is taken straight out of your bank account and transfered to the company whose products/services you are buying.
In the UK to get a debit card you need to have a bank account with regular deposits made to it.
Two of the most popular debit card systems are Switch and Solo.
With Switch cards you are unlimeted in the amount you can spend with them, as long as you have the avaialable cash in your bank account, you also need to make regular deposists above a certain limit into your bank account, although you ned to have a regular paid job.
Solo cards vary by only alowing you to spend a set limit, although the restrictions on your bank account are les severe, and you dont need to have a regular paid job.

you need to check with your bank on what debit cards they offer for your account, then check with sega-europe on which ones are acepted. e-mail sega at [email protected]
or call them

(Euros 0.68/min): 0909 734 2669 ( Netherlands number)

sisco
Feb 29, 2004, 09:07 AM
wow thx man http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

sisco
Feb 29, 2004, 09:12 AM
I have 1 more question.
Do you have to be 18 to use a debit card?

Rich_T
Feb 29, 2004, 01:11 PM
You can get the limited debit card whenever you have a bnk account that has enough mone in it, although most banks have a limit, usualy 14 or 16 years old.
the other option would be to use your parents card, as the EU version doesnt auto renew you need to enter your details for each month, and pay per monnth, let your parents see what you are doing, and have the money ready to pay your parents as soon as you sign up, this way i cant see any problems they might have with you using their card.