PDA

View Full Version : I was just reading the ep.3 review....

kazuma56
Feb 29, 2004, 04:44 PM
I was just reading the PSO ep.3 review and I noticed that the reviewer said that previous installments in the saga's offline mode was pointless... but how so, you can look for weapons offline and don't have to worry about others snagging it for themselves, and you can also improve your playing style by learning how do gauge your atk strength and speed so that when you go online, you are a good/better player, the thing I see that only makes PSO ep.3 offline better than the previous series is story, everything else is the exact same.

Who else thinks that the reviewer is right or wrong?

kazuma56
Mar 1, 2004, 09:52 AM
Anyone even care to read the IGN review?

Skett
Mar 1, 2004, 09:58 AM
I read it any enjoyed it. About the topic: I think he said offline was pointless because it was just a boring repetitive game though a (usually) barren area and I have to agree with him on that.

And this really should have been posted on the Ep. 3 forum.

kazuma56
Mar 1, 2004, 08:19 PM
but it also concerns ep.1&2 also so that is my reason behind putting it on the ep.1&2 board.

Also, what makes ep3 areas any different? if I am thinking correctly, you don't traverse an area you are just put there so how is going through an area more boring than just being teleported to an area without moving to do battle?

BTW How does offline mode work in ep3 anyway?

BogusKun
Mar 1, 2004, 08:35 PM
It's called Gamer's Bias.

We all have them on certain games.
The only true bias comes from yourself. You should play it, I enjoy it as an extra. Just you wait for the new quest tomorrow.

badbitz
Mar 1, 2004, 11:49 PM
I the game is pointless if you only have access to offline. It just isn't fun, no good quests, no people, no nothing.

kazuma56
Mar 2, 2004, 11:25 AM
Badbitz are you talking about ep.3 or 1&2?

I only have offline access for ep.1&2 and think it's fun, but a card game can only go so far until I yearn to challenge those other than my friends.