PDA

View Full Version : Rsod is back?

-Geshtar-
Mar 1, 2004, 01:20 AM
Okay well it's 1:18AM, March the 1st and earlier as I was playing very hard. My friend Ebb just disconnected. Well I thought his mom found him onlie but no, he came back and said his game just went to the main menu. So I was a little puzzled but he said the game saved and all was fine so I shrugged it off and we continued.

Well, later after mines, we was talking and as I typed-BAM!- My gamecubes orange light flickerd, the screen went black and then the game saved and brought me to the main menu.Then later I my friend Hin mentioned it just happend to her brother which was in the US ships as we was in the JP. So I dunno what to say. Other than us and few other friends, the ship was abandoned, not to mention Rsod was usualy a lobby thing..so may I ask, WTF?

The-Legit-One
Mar 1, 2004, 02:06 AM
What stands Rsod for?

RFB
Mar 1, 2004, 02:11 AM
RSOD: Reset Screen Of Death.

However... you say the game brought you to the main menu, and even saved! That doesnt sound like a RSOD, but more like the server threw you out, and you just had to reconnect. Did you lose anything? Items, money, whatever?

BrokenHope
Mar 1, 2004, 04:36 AM
I had that problem yesterday too, I was sitting in a lobby with friends, then the screen just faded to black and my game saved and took me back to the title screen.

I have no idea what caused it.

Xeno_M
Mar 1, 2004, 05:11 AM
Yeah Scott, that happened to Tim on that same ship too. I'm thinking it might have to do with the JP ship we were on. Something to do with that Dengeki Cup thing? Or is that over with already?

Sarah_Tenshi
Mar 1, 2004, 05:37 AM
Today I have had the game rest on me 3 time. It has be when online and for no reason it just go black and then to lodeing screen. And has set my time on the charter to 9999.59. One time I lost every thing that whas not equiq.
Even lost a Mahu with 45Dark and 45hit untekk yet. I whas just wondering if any one has had this same thing hapen?
And wood any one know why?

Skorpius
Mar 1, 2004, 09:09 AM
i know of two peopel that this has happened to and have thier time get maxed. ill have a secreen shot soon

i also had the reset thing, but no time alteration.

Corey
Mar 1, 2004, 10:44 AM
My game has been known to do crazy things,and this is one of them.Except,the odd thing is,this glitch has only happened to me before I corrupted on Gamecube.After corruption...well,I still havent seen it with my characters these days.

I recall one time where I got RSOD with my original 100 char on GC (again,before corruption) and when I got past the block select select screen,the lobbby kept RSODing me.I gave up about 5 trys later...next day I managed to get back on just fine.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Dhylec
Mar 1, 2004, 11:15 AM
i don't know if it happened to other ships..
but i got a random dc last night on Aldebaran while in the lobby..

The-Legit-One
Mar 1, 2004, 11:40 AM
On 2004-02-29 23:11, RFB wrote:
RSOD: Reset Screen Of Death.

However... you say the game brought you to the main menu, and even saved! That doesnt sound like a RSOD, but more like the server threw you out, and you just had to reconnect. Did you lose anything? Items, money, whatever?

Thanks for the info:D

KingChaos
Mar 1, 2004, 01:01 PM
these short names are stupid FSOD, RSOD ect Y???

-Geshtar-
Mar 1, 2004, 01:48 PM
Just a slight bit quicker than typing "Reset screen of death" (RSOD). I was told it happend on the US ships too so it wasent just abelbeda or whatever the JP ship was named.